• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
Is there a way to game getting orchalum + or do I need to do everything (gummi ships, flan, etc) to do it?

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
General kh3 question. Guides say I can buy Damascus from the shops but I don't see any

I don't have Damascus in my shop in my completed play through. It may be that I didn't unlock it, but the way materials are unlocked to buy is by collecting enough of a material and I've already collected enough to synthesize everything and upgrade almost all my keyblades with it and it still didn't unlock so if it does unlock at some point it'll require collecting more Damascus than you need in the first place.

Is there a way to game getting orchalum + or do I need to do everything (gummi ships, flan, etc) to do it?

Only available through those specific side quests.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Holllllly fuck. So many of these fights are going into some of my GOATs, but Xion. Fuck. That's damn good. Up there with Roxas as possibly my favorite. So good.

Ready for xehanort now. Come on, let's round it out.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
Quite bummed. I literally just cannot do this on Proud difficulty. Really really has soured me a bit. It's not fun anymore and the only way to lower the difficulty is to reheat the game. That fucking blows

Edit: Worst part is I've been waiting to play some versus13 content since highschool and knowing there is this wall here just bums me out

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Quite bummed. I literally just cannot do this on Proud difficulty. Really really has soured me a bit. It's not fun anymore and the only way to lower the difficulty is to reheat the game. That fucking blows

Edit: Worst part is I've been waiting to play some versus13 content since highschool and knowing there is this wall here just bums me out
Use the EZ codes

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles

Eat food to boost your stats and make sure you have Oathkeeper or Ultima grinded all the way up.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
eh I gave up and watched the fight on youtube. Looks like something I would not have enjoyed anyway to play but that was incredible to watch

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Played through the Re Mind scenario last night and thought it was fairly underwhelming. Would have been better off if they'd committed to a Final Mix version and integrated most of it into the base game.
Watched the opening of Limitcut and am at the data battles. Think I'll put this on pause and finish off Spyro 3 before I dive into those as they could take a bit of time.

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
On one hand... DLC was lackluster for $29.99.

On the other hand, I'm a sucker playing the main game to get to Lvl 99 to fight those ridiculous Data Sora fights. I'm realizing how much trouble it is trying to block and counter attacks after a year hiatus. Yikes!

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
On one hand... DLC was lackluster for $29.99.

On the other hand, I'm a sucker playing the main game to get to Lvl 99 to fight those ridiculous Data Sora fights. I'm realizing how much trouble it is trying to block and counter attacks after a year hiatus. Yikes!
I haven't played since the game came out and I have put like 200 hours into Iceborne since it released on PC and I cannot adjust. I just restarted the game and started my Critical run.

Rox

Dec 13, 2017
Sorry for a potentially dumb question everyone but I just wanna make sure of something.

I'm playing through the standard game atm (I played about 20h just after launch and never went back) so I restarted the game. Should I grab this dlc now or just wait? I don't wanna miss out on content that'll make the game better.

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for a potentially dumb question everyone but I just wanna make sure of something.

I'm playing through the standard game atm (I played about 20h just after launch and never went back) so I restarted the game. Should I grab this dlc now or just wait? I don't wanna miss out on content that'll make the game better.
All of the paid DLC is separate from the base game. You can play through it entirely without missing out on anything that comes with Re Mind.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017

Most of the DLC is stuff after the main game. The only thing that affects the main game is something called the premium menu that lets you essentially activate cheat codes that make the game easier or more challenging, but if it's your first time I recommend playing it without those.
Do make sure you're on patch 1.09 though because that's a pretty major patch released alongside the DLC that does affect the main game by adding new abilities, improving the visuals on certain cutscenes, etc.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

The PRO and EZ codes are the best part of the DLC for a new run, they basically allow you to cheese your way through Critical mode or made even beginner mode hard as hell.

The rest of the DLC is entirely post game content. Mostly focused on high level play Boss battles.

Basically, aside from the PRO and EZ modifiers, the rest is basically a KH III Final Mix in that the content is entirely post game

Rox

Dec 13, 2017
All of the paid DLC is separate from the base game. You can play through it entirely without missing out on anything that comes with Re Mind.
Most of the DLC is stuff after the main game. The only thing that affects the main game is something called the premium menu that lets you essentially activate cheat codes that make the game easier or more challenging, but if it's your first time I recommend playing it without those.
Do make sure you're on patch 1.09 though because that's a pretty major patch released alongside the DLC that does affect the main game by adding new abilities, improving the visuals on certain cutscenes, etc.

Awesome much appreciated! :D

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
The first time I fought Yozora, I was like "how the fuck do I even hit this guy". But then by the second or third time, I was doing really well and got him down to like a quarter of his health multiple times. But now I'm back to not being able to touch the guy at all anymore. I struggle to get rid of 2 bars of his health. The hell was I doing before that made me so much better?

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Vanitas down. Man I am killin it today but since I got work tomorrow I'm a wrap for the night. Damn these fights are awesome. For me it's $30 well spent though it's not the case for everybody though.

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
omg, that Luxord fight is the worst. I always ended up hitting the wrong cards thanks to the wonky targetting + that spinning blade Sora skill. That's Riku, Larxene, Luxord and Young Xehanort down. Nine more to go.

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
Vanitas down. Man I am killin it today but since I got work tomorrow I'm a wrap for the night. Damn these fights are awesome. For me it's $30 well spent though it's not the case for everybody though.
I agree. They definitely hit that Bloodborne vibe where Jebus this is the worst and all of a sudden you're doing a no hit run and you have no idea how.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Dark Riku went down so easily almost felt like I didn't earn it, it was super chaotic but I had lots of room to heal. Hard to predict but I think he's most open after he shoots the last red pillars right? Also was it just me or did destroying some of those crystal things he made make his reflect barrier go away?

TheCed

Oct 27, 2017
If I already got A in the hardest Gummi Ship mission, will I automatically get the Merit code related to it or do I have to do it again ?

I'm only gonna be able to play on Feb 7th, I can't test this out yet.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I fucking love the music for Vanita's battle. Could get my ass handed to me all day with that playing and I wouldn't mind.

Simplegamer

Oct 26, 2017
For me a lot of them were after he shoots the red pillars. It's more than that because it didn't work every time, but most of the time, it was after those
So after he slams down and the red pillars come from the ground? Yeah I've gotten that one but does he have any other ones? That seems to be the only time I can get a combo off.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
So after he slams down and the red pillars come from the ground? Yeah I've gotten that one but does he have any other ones? That seems to be the only time I can get a combo off.
I have a hypothesis not sure if it's true but when I destroyed some of his crystals I swear I saw his barrier break?

Maybe just a coincidence a couple of times. Other than that I got no clue. That victory was my most unearned I feel

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I lowkey Xigbar's music drop a little bit during the showdown. That was a cool touch on that fight.
When I saw the showdown scene in the trailer, I was worried it might be shitty no fun gimmick. But in the actual battle it was super cool. The music, atmosphere, tension and the fact that it was a bit hard for me to pull it off consistently.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
Saix down, I love how those fights seems devoid of openings at first but you quickly realize what you can use at your advantage in the enemy arsenal.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
So if i've already beaten Re Mind, can I restart it from the beginning again with the same file or do I have to use a different one?

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So if i've already beaten Re Mind, can I restart it from the beginning again with the same file or do I have to use a different one?

Unfortunately no. To start the ReMind Episode you have to load a clear save from the main game only.

You do get a clear save for beating the ReMind Episode that lets you replay from the scala segment.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
I can get Xion halfway down before I lose track of what attack is what and by the time her real DM kicks in, I'm dead so fast I can't learn the patterns.

And FUCK that stun move.