• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
hmm...what are the best accessories for the Data Fights?

IIRC I know I have Royal Ribbon and 2x Cosmic Belts+ on armor.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
hmm...what are the best accessories for the Data Fights?

IIRC I know I have Royal Ribbon and 2x Cosmic Belts+ on armor.

that's pretty much it for armor, although one Cosmic Belt can be swapped out for a regular Ribbon.

accessories are the Flanniversary badge, Mickey Clasp, and Crystal Regalia (?), off the top of my head.

Has anyone else been boosting their stats for the secret boss? Wondering if I should continue to increase my DEF to 99 or beyond and how much of a difference I would see. The damage calculator seems like it works off of STR-DEF before modifiers, so theoretically you can become almost impossible to kill if your DEF gets high enough.

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
Just started getting back to the Data Fights. I felt dirty beating Ansem on my first try by chugging Elixers and constantly rushing him, but it worked.

TheSix

Nov 1, 2017
Toronto
I'm struggling on the Data Fights on Normal. I'm level 63 and I'm missing the Ultima Weapon because getting it was no fun.

Any tips?

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
is it possible to actually *restart* the re:mind scenario? seems like once it's been completed on a given save you can only go back to the save point inside Scala ad Caelum rather than back to the beginning of the entire scenario

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Well...not exactly because Links drain all of your MP so you can't use cure.
You can still use items but you are really vulnerable during this time.

Links heal you, so it's like a curaga, transformation, and damage rolled into one. The downside is that you can only do it once per fight.

I didn't have to use Simba at all during any of the fights on Proud, but I did wait to use the long Ultimate Form transform animation to buy time for MP to come back and to interrupt/ignore mechanics.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
is it possible to actually *restart* the re:mind scenario? seems like once it's been completed on a given save you can only go back to the save point inside Scala ad Caelum rather than back to the beginning of the entire scenario

How do you go back to the save point in Scala ad Caelum?

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
I've beaten YMX, Riku, Saix and Larxene so far, and I'm really enjoying the fights, as frustrating as they are. Really glad they went so wild with their moves, although I desperately need Xigbar to kindly fuck off.

I'm struggling on the Data Fights on Normal. I'm level 63 and I'm missing the Ultima Weapon because getting it was no fun.

Any tips?
Do Battlegate 1 in Olympus to hit 99, it's pretty quick to do if you just spam thundaga. I don't have Ultima weapon either for the same reason, I maxed out Oathkeeper though and it's been putting in work.

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
Having a blast with the critical mode and the primium menu, Turing off link, attractions and shot locks makes the game feel like Kingdom hearts 2. Feels amazing makes every boss fight super intense puzzle fight.

Playing fresh from but keeping keyblades it some of the most challenging and engaging fights I've got from the series. It's amazing how well designed the bosses are but you get to see none of it because of shotlocks, summons and attraction.

Last edited:

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is there a recommended order in terms of difficulty for the fights?

I managed to beat YX after a dozen attempts, but DR is kicking my ass real hard. I want to whittle down these fights without being overwhelmed early on.

Holyoneturtle

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I spent all day sunday trying to beat the secret boss and couldnt do it. Managed to beat everyone without a guide but I need help with this one. Any suggestions?

Gear wise I have all the key blades (except oblivion) maxed out and I'm at lv 99. Got the best equipment too. But this is more of a skill fight and it makes data xehanort and data xion look like bitches.

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
Not sure if posted but BB discovered something potentially troubling about the Xion fight.

It rarely happens and I don't think it's specific to this fight though..
But when it does yeah it's frustrating.
Again it doesn't have to do with the Xion fight though.
Xion fight is really well made with clear patterns and a fair DM to handle.

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
I get that. In his case, it happened two fights in a row, each time during the DM.
Yeah in my case it happened with the Xemnas fight in his DM for example and it also happened to the other Biz during his Level one Crit try :P.
But with Xion it never happened and it took me a couple of hours to beat her too.
So yeah..I think it's rare but random and it has more to do with animation problems rather than input lag or something....

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
Speaking of the Xion fight here's a no damage run on Crit level 1 by Ninten

Man...it feels so satisfying :D.
Honestly this fight kinda reminds of the Sekiro boss fights and all the perfect parries that you have to do :P

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
I just checked my recording and all the other data battles so far took 5 minutes max on my successful runs while my winning run against Xemnas took... 13 minutes.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Alright he's down. Somehow. Still have absolutely no idea where his openings are, I just punished him whenever I could using ultimate form. Only Vanitas and the other two to go.

Oct 25, 2017
Marluxia defeated! Just 12 more to go.

It feels so satisfying, especially since I had him down to 1 HP on a previous run before dying in the final part.

SoraanTribal

Oct 27, 2017
Probably been asked a million times already, but...

I'd say I'm decent at Kingdom Hearts 3. Beat the game on Proud, then Critical. Then beat the DLC on Critical without *too* many issues. But I started Limited Cut and I'm getting destroyed. I have the Ultima Weapon, but only level 45 (on Critical). I really want to beat all of these bosses and the final secret boss, too, however... I'm just not sure I'll be up to it even if I level to 100 on Critical. Is there a big difference between Proud and Critical in terms of the difficulties on these bosses? I'd have to rebeat the DLC on Proud I guess if I wanted to downgrade to it. I just don't want to grind to 100 on Critical and still not be able to beat everyone. lol

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I love how for the songs that got two remixes (13th Struggle and Dillemma), one is pretty faithful (Larxene's, Saix's) and one is experimental (Luxord's, Xigbar's)

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Links heal you, so it's like a curaga, transformation, and damage rolled into one. The downside is that you can only do it once per fight.

They heal you, but saying it's a curaga is mighty generous. pretty sure cura heals more than it. (on ciritcal, link will heal like halfish for me?) Links (like summons in kh2) are amazing though. Kind of wish there was a bit more variety in them like 2, but oh well. Simba saving the day regardless.

Have beaten Luxord, Vanitas, Terranort, Young Xehanort, and Dark Riku so far.

Terranort and dark riku (Not even completely sure how I took down Riku lmao) were by far the hardest and Luxord was by far the easiest. Putting off Marluxia for now since he was the one boss that I actually was finding more annoying than fun, so now I'm off to Saix.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Holy actual fuck at this Xion fight. Definitely not going to beat her before I have to head out to work. Gotta say, at first, I was considering starting a Proud run just to get to these data fights, but doing these on Critical has been such a rewarding experience, so I'm glad I didn't back out.

I've actually been having fun goofing off with the Data Greeting mode, too. Ended up taking a break from things yesterday to do a Xehanort drawing based off a Data Geeting picture I set up. Coloring could've turned out better but eh.

HKtjw7J.jpg

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Xion's limit cut theme is so much better than the mashup with The Other Promise.
I love both so much. Even though KH3 lacks original battle themes, it has so many good remixes.

In addition to the 13 new ones from Limit Cut, we got awesome mashups like Vector to the Heavens/The Other Promise and the three Xehanorts battle. Also the Anti Aqua theme as a remix of hers, and a remix of Dismiss separate from the Limit Cut one, and multiple of Rage Awakened. Am I missing anything?

God Square just announce the OST

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Forze Del Male and Darkness of the Unknown (and by extention Forze dell'Oscurita) are my favorite tracks in the series, so the fact that there's no less than 3-4 amazing arrangements of each track in the game is just a dream come true.

Hell, the DDD version of Xemnas' theme was probably my least favorite version of that battle theme but this new rendition is probably my favorite track in the entire series. The added brass section is great and it by far has the best rendition of the song's climax (you know the part) to date.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Forze Del Male and Darkness of the Unknown (and by extention Forze dell'Oscurita) are my favorite tracks in the series, so the fact that there's no less than 3-4 amazing arrangements of each track in the game is just a dream come true.

Hell, the DDD version of Xemnas' theme was probably my least favorite version of that battle theme but this new rendition is probably my favorite track in the entire series. The added brass section is great and it by far has the best rendition of the song's climax (you know the part) to date.

I really like the DDD version of Xemnas' theme. My only complaint with this version is just the intro feels a little less frantic than the original, and the BWOHHHHMMMMMs aren't quite as powerful as they could be.

Oct 25, 2017
The Toy Story keyblade in hammer mode having KH II Fire is so beautiful. :')

I wish we had reflect, it's so much fun. A bit OP, sure, but at least it would completely offset the guard issues people mention.

EDIT: If this DLC sells a ton, I'd be totally in for another $30 DLC with 13 more bosses + Sephiroth as a secret boss. Imagine a Sephiroth fight trying to be as hard as Lingering Will. HGGGNNNNN

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017

I really like the DDD version of Xemnas' theme. My only complaint with this version is just the intro feels a little less frantic than the original, and the BWOHHHHMMMMMs aren't quite as powerful as they could be.
The only reason I don't prefer the DDD version of Xemnas' theme as much as the KH2 version is because it lacks that one part before the climax of the song.from 2:10-2:19

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
The only reason I don't prefer the DDD version of Xemnas' theme as much as the KH2 version is because it lacks that one part before the climax of the song.from 2:10-2:19

I hear ya there, that was a big knock against the DDD version for me as well. That and the climax itself was more subdued that I would've liked (not to mention cut in half) there, too. Thankfully this new version fixes the latter.

The new Forze dell'Oscurita has the buildup and climax from the KH2 version, thankfully.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Yeah that intro to Darkness of the Unknown is legit one of the best I've ever heard. I still wish the final mix version of the game didn't add that dialogue about Namine before the fight, kinda ruins it a bit for me.

In the vanilla PS2 version the fight would begin the moment 2:19 started and I still remember how epic as fuck it was.

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
I love both so much. Even though KH3 lacks original battle themes, it has so many good remixes.

In addition to the 13 new ones from Limit Cut, we got awesome mashups like Vector to the Heavens/The Other Promise and the three Xehanorts battle. Also the Anti Aqua theme as a remix of hers, and a remix of Dismiss separate from the Limit Cut one, and multiple of Rage Awakened. Am I missing anything?

God Square just announce the OST

I wasn't as fond of the Vector to the Heavens/The Other Promise mashup because it sounded like they couldn't quite decide if they wanted to go full on triumphant return or still retain the tragic feel of the originals so it was weirdly inbetween? Still sounds amazing though!

We also got two arrangements of Unbreakable Chains, the cutscene version and the one used in the Vanitas battles!

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I still have a bit ahead of Kakarot but once I'm done I'll start 3 from the beginning on critical (I played the game through completion on release on Proud).

Is there some kind of integration of the dlc on the main story? or I'll play the story, finish it and then play the dlc?