• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
Isa's best friend is Lea, and Lea is friends with Roxas and Xion. Isa's never been a solo character, he's always been affiliated with someone be it Lea, Xemnas or Xigbar. It's clear as day that both Isa and Lea have been searching for Subject X together. When they became Nobodies and Axel befriended Roxas and Xion, Isa got jealous because he assumed that Axel forgot about Subject X. Subject X is hinted in the secret reports to come from The Age of Fairy Tales.

It's not shoehorning when a foundation for the connections have already been established. And the Fortellers are heavily hinted at being the villains for the new saga so Roxas, Axel and Xion are inevitably going to be involved with the X shenanigans eventually.

And I don't believe they need to be there, so let's just agree to disagree at this point.

Alox12

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 23, 2019
Good to hear, is the secret boss music new and good? Like Rage Awakened tier? I have to wait a month to play it but news about new Shimomura music makes me more hyped even
It's amazing, I don't know if the absolute best one, but it's up there. Atmoshpere and location of the battle are easily my favourite though.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
ulgus4fyvmc41.jpg

tumblr_inline_nwgdyacj3p1ty1u6z_540.jpg

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
So when fighting Luxord, is it possible to actually hit a sword without him swinging and hitting another?

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry, I'm sure this has been asked a lot before but if someone can kindly help me out.

Picked up KH3 finally. The last time I played a KH game was when the 1.5 collection first came out on PS3.

Can someone point me to the best recap videos so I can get a summary of the plot before KH3 ?

Oneandonly16

Mar 11, 2019
I'm sorry, I'm sure this has been asked a lot before but if someone can kindly help me out.

Picked up KH3 finally. The last time I played a KH game was when the 1.5 collection first came out on PS3.

Can someone point me to the best recap videos so I can get a summary of the plot before KH3 ?
The game itself has videos dedicated to catching people up from the main menu. Those were the ones I used.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

This one is comedic but I think it works the best.

I thought the in-game catch ups were missing way too much important stuff.

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
These data fights would be 100x easier if the game's own animations and collisions and tracking weren't fighting against you as well.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Press Square when you are selecting your save file.
When you get to the load screen, highlight the DLC file and press square instead of X.

Square takes you to the base game, X takes you to the DLC. You can save from either point on the same file and bounce between them as necessary. Didn't even realize you could until MrConbon210 pointed it out to me.
wait so how does that work? I was level 81 in base game then I grinded in ReMind bc I thought I had to do it there or else I would have to redo remind after grinding in the base game. Now I'm Level 99 limit cut. If I press square will I be level 99 in base game?

zswordsman

Nov 5, 2017
These data fights would be 100x easier if the game's own animations and collisions and tracking weren't fighting against you as well.
Yeah I agree with this. I never know when to time my blocks because both the enemy and my guy do all these extra animations that it makes it hard to see what the hell is the next attack. And spamming block definitely doesn't work either.

I wish I could lower the difficulty cause I barely best Riku on proud at lvl 99 and he's the easiest.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
I also hate that they made it so you can't take your save file in limitcut ep anywhere. If you want to go back and grind exp you gotta go load up your base save file, do the grind, then play remind again, and then start all over again in limitcut.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
wait so how does that work? I was level 81 in base game then I grinded in ReMind bc I thought I had to do it there or else I would have to redo remind after grinding in the base game. Now I'm Level 99 limit cut. If I press square will I be level 99 in base game?
Yes. The ReMind/Limit Cut save file basically pulls double duty as a base game/expansion save file. There's pretty much no reason to go back to your original non DLC clear save.

Open Wound

Nov 7, 2017
Luxord continues to be the worst of the worst. Fuck your gimmicky ass bulshit.

Anyway, down with Ansem (the last bit of the fight is ridiculous, omg), Vanitas (surprisingly trivial), Marluxia and the aformentioned Luxord.

Only Xemnas and Terranort to go to unlock the final 2, but my god, Terranort is tearing me a new one. Best fight of the bunch thus far if you ask me (I love his combo attack that mixes non blockable attacks and blockable ones. It rewards aggressivenes but also doesn't let you just rely on simple blocks, and simply evading doesn't net you the best results), but also probably the toughest for me.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I also hate that they made it so you can't take your save file in limitcut ep anywhere. If you want to go back and grind exp you gotta go load up your base save file, do the grind, then play remind again, and then start all over again in limitcut.
You can go back! Just press square on the file load menu when hovering over the DLC save.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Well newly beat the 13 DM bosses... just MX to go... and hes not looking great ha. Seems the strategy is to just attack him at the cost of taking damage if it stops his magic, which has ridiculous range.
Xion took hours but I at least felt I mastered most of it and could see the openings, though it had sections were I spammed dodge and prayed. Think Saix may be the worst so far, feels somewhat down to luck.
The bosses are very merciless ha, a lot of cases are "1 mistake and you're dead", probably the hardest bosses in the series, think they've done a good job on all of them so far... except Saix and maybe MX, we'll see

Whatislove

Jan 2, 2019
Think Saix may be the worst so far, feels somewhat down to luck.
Agreed. When I beat him I hadn't really felt like I'd earned it and didn't feel at all comfortable that I could reproduce it. That fight also made me swap back to ultima from oathkeeper because of the finisher off of one transformation which became key to my strategy to abuse iframes.

Sleve McDichael

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
These fights are fucking me up.
Watching Bizkit047 take on Yozora and I'm not sure if I'm going to have the patience to win that one. Even Riku is a pain in my ass.

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
Luxord continues to be the worst of the worst. Fuck your gimmicky ass bulshit.

Anyway, down with Ansem (the last bit of the fight is ridiculous, omg), Vanitas (surprisingly trivial), Marluxia and the aformentioned Luxord.

Only Xemnas and Terranort to go to unlock the final 2, but my god, Terranort is tearing me a new one. Best fight of the bunch thus far if you ask me (I love his combo attack that mixes non blockable attacks and blockable ones. It rewards aggressivenes but also doesn't let you just rely on simple blocks, and simply evading doesn't net you the best results), but also probably the toughest for me.
It's not that it rewards aggressiveness, it rewards being on the ground. And with how floaty it constantly is it's just stupidly harder than it needs to be. Rolling is required for everything, but if you're caught in the air you're just dead.

Open Wound

Nov 7, 2017
It's not that it rewards aggressiveness, it rewards being on the ground. And with how floaty it constantly is it's just stupidly harder than it needs to be. Rolling is required for everything, but if you're caught in the air you're just dead.
It rewards knowing when to roll and when to block, and if you block it you can counterattack and break him from the combo for massive amounts of damage.

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
It rewards knowing when to roll and when to block, and if you block it you can counterattack and break him from the combo for massive amounts of damage.
Only at a specific point in the combo, that does not work whenever you want. I've beaten Terra, it's a lot trickier than that. You have to roll repeatedly out of it, and you cannot do that in the air, especially with his later chains that are 100% unblockable combos, and his dumb light show gimmick.

Oh and his stupid orbs he shoots at you are just rng nonsense. You can get the block timing right all the time and still get comboed to death by it anyway because their tracking is so dumb they may miss you depending on your distance and you lose your block chance.

Eisen Sora

Jun 22, 2018
It's amazing, I don't know if the absolute best one, but it's up there. Atmoshpere and location of the battle are easily my favourite though.
Cant f...k wait. Need more KH3 dosis and the opinions here about the Limit Cut bosses and the secret one is making the wait harder.

Another question: is there another secret movie at the end of the DLC like in the others Final Mix games?

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
I remember some fights not wanting for you to counterattack after blocks. I remember Master Xehanort having an easy opening after he tries doing a swing attack that makes you go up. After the second swing, give him a sec to calm down and then he's open to hit.

Open Wound

Nov 7, 2017
Only at a specific point in the combo, that does not work whenever you want. I've beaten Terra, it's a lot trickier than that. You have to roll repeatedly out of it, and you cannot do that in the air, especially with his later chains that are 100% unblockable combos, and his dumb light show gimmick.
I haven't really managed to understand much of his final phase yet, but didn't seem that way to me before reaching that. If he's doing his combo, and you block him when he doesn't have his keyblade red, in my experience you break him out of the combo with a counterattack.

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
I got Vanitas down to a quarter of his last health bar a while ago but haven't been able to get close since then. I get fucked up by the move where he floats in the middle and sends shadows after you every single time. I've only been able to last through that move once and it was by pure luck.

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
I haven't really managed to understand much of his final phase yet, but didn't seem that way to me before reaching that. If he's doing his combo, and you block him when he doesn't have his keyblade red, in my experience you break him out of the combo with a counterattack.
No, it's a 4-part combo. 3 multi-swing sequences that start with a red swing you have to dodge roll each time, and a final downward explosion red swing. He is only vulnerable when he teleports to do the final downward swing. You can block and counter during the first 3 sequences all you want but it will not stop him from continuing, only a hit during the final one actually staggers him. It's made easier using the long kick-attack reprisal but you have to do it during the 3rd sequence after you dodge roll the initial red swing, and you also have to remember that the 3rd sequence is much longer so you can initiate a block after dodging the red swing but you have to wait a bit before doing the reprisal to have it hit on his teleport at the end.

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
I got Vanitas down to a quarter of his last health bar a while ago but haven't been able to get close since then. I get fucked up by the move where he floats in the middle and sends shadows after you every single time. I've only been able to last through that move once and it was by pure luck.
That's another gimmick that is designed, and required, to be handled on the ground. If you're in the air you can't deal with it, he will just shoot unblockables at you faster than you can aerial dodge. If you can stay on the ground, just dodge roll constantly to the side to avoid them and try to get a block in when the black shadows attack.

Open Wound

Nov 7, 2017
No, it's a 4-part combo. 3 multi-swing sequences that start with a red swing you have to dodge roll each time, and a final downward explosion red swing. He is only vulnerable when he teleports to do the final downward swing. You can block and counter during the first 3 sequences all you want but it will not stop him from continuing, only a hit during the final one actually staggers him. It's made easier using the long kick-attack reprisal but you have to do it during the 3rd sequence after you dodge roll the initial red swing, and you also have to remember that the 3rd sequence is much longer so you can initiate a block after dodging the red swing but you have to wait a bit before doing the reprisal to have it hit on his teleport at the end.
Huh, that's good to know.

I managed to counter him 3 times, didn't realise I did all of them at the last bout