• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Disagree. Rage Awakened has way more actual feeling to it, Dismiss is just kind of there.

The worst part is that the KH3 remake of RA doesn't even do justice to the arpeggiated scale motif that basically twists Terra's own theme in on itself as the chorus of Rage Awakened. That's half the reason Rage Awakened is so good, it's a twisted echo of Terra's theme that's equal parts heroic and imposing.

Rage Awakened is 90 % of Lingering Will's personality too and Lingering Will + the Cum Guardian is like the best part of Terra.

In fact, I wanted a scenario where Terra never gets his body back but the Guardian joins with Lingering Will and become a fighting unit. LW with a Stand.

imagine a co-op RPG with the Departure Trio adventuring in the Realm of Darkness together

IMAGINE IT

I mean isn't that
what's being set up? A couple of spin offs where Terra, Aqua and Ventus journey into the Realm of Darkness while Xion + Roxas explore their own memories while Kairi explores her heart while Mickey, Donald and Goofy travel together around the worlds.

I mean I don't assume they'll all get spin offs but some of them are bound to.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
Rage Awakened is 90 % of Lingering Will's personality too and Lingering Will + the Cum Guardian is like the best part of Terra.

In fact, I wanted a scenario where Terra never gets his body back but the Guardian joins with Lingering Will and become a fighting unit. LW with a Stand.

I mean isn't that
what's being set up? A couple of spin offs where Terra, Aqua and Ventus journey into the Realm of Darkness while Xion + Roxas explore their own memories while Kairi explores her heart while Mickey, Donald and Goofy travel together around the worlds.

I won't believe the thing in the spoiler section until I see them.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How long did the replay take? I want to fight all the data battles, but I'm really nervous about getting spoiled on the secret ending before that.

About 4.5 hours to beat the main game. Half hour to burn through Re:Mind.

This was on Critical for me so I died a couple times to the Frozen Slider chase sequence since it's the only moment in the game where you can't just hit something to end the fight immediately.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I won't believe the thing in the spoiler section until I see them.

Well we have 3-4 teams working on a different game atm.

Project Xehanort is one of them.

One of them will definitely continue Sora's story (probably with Riku)

What can the other one or two be?

Terra, Aqua and Ventus seem the most likely especially since Ventus has the most unresolved stuff

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
About 4.5 hours to beat the main game. Half hour to burn through Re:Mind.

This was on Critical for me so I died a couple times to the Frozen Slider chase sequence since it's the only moment in the game where you can't just hit something to end the fight immediately.
Thanks for the info. Do the codes work on the superboss, and are you still able to view the secret ending if you have the codes on? =p

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I mean isn't that

If the T/A/V one happens I'm on board. Zero interest in the other two.

Wireframe

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Data fights are hard but not impossible. KH3's combat can be very rewarding and fun if you are willing to give it a chance, experiment with it and master the many tools you have at your disposal (watching some vids of pro players can help). It's not surprising they are destroying you if you play it expecting it to be the same as another KH game or if you didn't get better at the game with Critical mode. These are also entirely new fights unlike the ones in KH2FM so trial and error is required. Take your time with it and you will eventually succeed!
I was planning on grinding to 99 and trying them again, but I can't even beat a single data fight after trying for about 6h, so I've just watched the secret episode stuff on YT.

Oct 25, 2017
so, if i'm not interested in the boss battles at all but only the new storry+area is it worth the £30 or should i wait for it to be discounted?

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
God, base Sora feels so much better to fight with now. Crowd control is actually possible outside of magic/formchanges.

I'm glad they let you dip between the maingame and the DLC in one file. Really feels like an actual postgame now.

A game with TAV all together and not acting like idiots would be pretty dope.

Alox12

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 23, 2019
so, if i'm not interested in the boss battles at all but only the new storry+area is it worth the £30 or should i wait for it to be discounted?
Wait for a discount, most of the value comes from the boss battles scattered through the 3 episodes and the replayability that comes with the free update and the premium menu

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Data Xion is bullshit

And I love it. Xion's underrated by the fandom.

God, base Sora feels so much better to fight with now. Crowd control is actually possible outside of magic/formchanges.

I'm glad they let you dip between the maingame and the DLC in one file. Really feels like an actual postgame now.

Luckily, I think that one's the most likely to happen.

I don't think we'll get 3 different storylines like BBS though. Probably have the other two as party members while we play as Aqua because let's be real, she's easily the most popular one between the three.

At max, we'll get to pick our default character though.

And we'll finally see them get to actually be friends.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
I mean isn't that

This whole talk about the Kingdom Hearts crew splitting into their respective trio's has given me an interesting idea.

What if Terra, Ventus and Aqua's adventure results in them clashing with Ira and Invi whilst Roxas, Xion, Axel, Isa's adventure has them clashing with Aced and Gula? It's clear the Fortellers are being painted as the next antagonists but there's no overt reason as to why we should see them as evil.

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
If we get a game about the other trios,
I really hope it's TAV and not RAX. At least TAV has ties to the UX stuff which would be fun to explore. RAX's thing about searching for clues in Roxas and Xion's memories just sounds like an excuse to retread Days.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
So Marluxia's battle, got him down the final hit and then he marks me for 99 which seems to go down way too fast and I can't seem to get a single hit on him. What should I be doing there?

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017

Wait what? How do you do that? I'd love to upgrade my key ladies while going through data bosses?

cmChimera

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry if I missed this, but is there a good place to grind without ultima weapon? I'm only at 67 and the first data battle destroyed me.

thanks in advance if I don't reply!

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Wait what? How do you do that? I'd love to upgrade my key ladies while going through data bosses?
When you get to the load screen, highlight the DLC file and press square instead of X.

Square takes you to the base game, X takes you to the DLC. You can save from either point on the same file and bounce between them as necessary. Didn't even realize you could until MrConbon210 pointed it out to me.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I really hope it's TAV and not RAX. At least TAV has ties to the UX stuff which would be fun to explore. RAX's thing about searching for clues in Roxas and Xion's memories just sounds like an excuse to retread Days.

Well, Axel and Saix do have UX stuff too since there still looking for that friends of theirs that is probably Souls.

This whole talk about the Kingdom Hearts crew splitting into their respective trio's has given me an interesting idea.

What if Terra, Ventus and Aqua's adventure results in them clashing with Ira and Invi whilst Roxas, Xion, Axel, Isa's adventure has them clashing with Aced and Gula? It's clear the Fortellers are being painted as the next antagonists but there's no overt reason as to why we should see them as evil.

Ventus should meet Ava at the very least in the next game.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019

Actually...

The girl that Isa and Lea were looking for is theorised to be Skuld. I can see a retcon where by enciphering Roxas and Xion's memories reveals the connection of Skuld and her friendship with Ventus. And out of all the protagonists, Axel has the strongest rapport with Marluxia and Larxene, characters who originated from The Age of Fairy Tales, with the former becoming a protagonist again.

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
I can't consistently dodge Vanitas's ice bullshit. It feels like camera is pushing me into rolling straight into them instead of away from them.

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Yeah. I would love it if all three of them have full movesets and you can switch between them or play the whole game in co-op the way they WANTED to do for the original BBS before they had to scale the idea back for the PSP.
Speaking of, it this comes to pass, they better have those badass capes. Apparently the PSP hardware was what kept that out of BBS, too.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I can't consistently dodge Vanitas's ice bullshit. It feels like camera is pushing me into rolling straight into them instead of away from them.

Just block them. Blocking the first one is usually enough to counter and hit Vanitas, moving through the other two ice slices with invulnability with the attack.

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
Actually...

The girl that Isa and Lea were looking for is theorised to be Skuld. I can see a retcon where by enciphering Roxas and Xion's memories reveals the connection of Skuld and her friendship with Ventus. And out of all the protagonists, Axel has the strongest rapport with Marluxia and Larxene, characters who originated from The Age of Fairy Tales, with the former becoming a protagonist again.

Thanks but no thanks. We have enough characters to juggle as it is and RAX are the most disconnected to UX. Imo it's better that they take a backseat instead of being shoehorned into remaining active players.

Isa should be the one searching for Subject X anyways. Whether he does that alone or winds up with a group is whatever.

Eisen Sora

Jun 22, 2018
It's personally one of my favorite boss music ever already. But I don't really like Rage Awakened (or the environment you fight Lingering Will in) that much so you might have different taste. I prefer Dark Impetus more than Rage Awakened.
Honestly the music + the area you fight together, I think it's my favorite ever without a doubt.

Thanks for the answer. I'm more hyped than ever reading that. Love Yoko Shimomura work and cant wait to hear new songs from her.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well I'm targeting beating the main game by today and possibly do remind today as well. Then grind to 99 and do the data battles.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Thanks but no thanks. We have enough characters to juggle as it is and RAX are the most disconnected to UX. Imo it's better that they take a backseat instead of being shoehorned into remaining active players.

Isa should be the one searching for Subject X anyways. Whether he does that alone or winds up with a group is whatever.

Isa's best friend is Lea, and Lea is friends with Roxas and Xion. Isa's never been a solo character, he's always been affiliated with someone be it Lea, Xemnas or Xigbar. It's clear as day that both Isa and Lea have been searching for Subject X together. When they became Nobodies and Axel befriended Roxas and Xion, Isa got jealous because he assumed that Axel forgot about Subject X. Subject X is hinted in the secret reports to come from The Age of Fairy Tales.

It's not shoehorning when a foundation for the connections have already been established. And the Fortellers are heavily hinted at being the villains for the new saga so Roxas, Axel and Xion are inevitably going to be involved with the X shenanigans eventually.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Yeah. I would love it if all three of them have full movesets and you can switch between them or play the whole game in co-op the way they WANTED to do for the original BBS before they had to scale the idea back for the PSP.

Oh shit, I never though about a co-op game where you can play as the other ones.

Sounds tight.

Hopefully, they can keep them in the armor because (1) it looks badass and (2) it might make the dubbing better where they don't have to match the lip flaps.

Imagine a Xion-Saix buddycop game, lol