• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

OrigamiPirate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
San Francisco
I've gotten to Data Master Xehanort (Proud Mode) but I feel completely overwhelmed by his laser lightshow with the HP bar ouch attack (I think gameplay discussion is ok, but I don't wanna spoil an awful surprise), is there something I'm missing? I feel like no matter what I do, that 50% mark on his health bar becomes my death knell.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just downed Vanitas. I haven't fought the KH2FM data battles in forever but I'm gonna try Marluxia next but I worry about his counter 😅 It's also why I'm saving Luxord for last 😂
Luxord is easy once you get everything down. And fun. Just remember when your in his final card showdown, use triangle instead of hitting the cards since most keyblade hits twirl and you can accidentally hit another card.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Which is the best reprisal ability?
I've always kept with counter kick, but mainly because I never really tried the others, and I just got used to it.

Also, are there any real dud abilities like on 2FM (so combat abilities, not stuff things that affect attraction rates etc.)?

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
Which is the best reprisal ability?
I've always kept with counter kick, but mainly because I never really tried the others, and I just got used to it.

Also, are there any real dud abilities like on 2FM (so combat abilities, not stuff things that affect attraction rates etc.)?
It varies, but imo counter kick and and counter impact are always better than counter slash.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
I want to get this but I don't want to install the game :P

Oct 25, 2017
Man, you guys weren't kidding about Riku's voice acting. It's easily the worst I've experience this generation, lmao.

Back to skipping cutscenes.

At the Toy Story world, currently.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Christ, Dark Riku is destroying me on Proud Lv 99, dread to think what this is like on Critical (which I intend to do after I beat this on Proud).

hans_castorp

Oct 27, 2017
Need advice about how to approach the dlc.
I have a completed save on Proud difficulty which is lacking just a couple Orichalcum to unlock Ultima's keyblade.
Should I farm a bit more and carry over the progress to a new Crit run? Jump directly to the new content on Proud? Are changes to the vanilla game really that significant??

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Need advice about how to approach the dlc.
I have a completed save on Proud difficulty which is lacking just a couple Orichalcum to unlock Ultima's keyblade.
Should I farm a bit more and carry over the progress to a new Crit run? Jump directly to the new content on Proud? Are changes to the vanilla game really that significant??

The main game changes are insignificant, so it's just a case of can you be bothered replaying on a harder difficulty, and do you want Oblivion?

hans_castorp

Oct 27, 2017
The main game changes are insignificant, so it's just a case of can you be bothered replaying on a harder difficulty, and do you want Oblivion?
Oblivion is crit only, right?
So for example, Can I unlock Oathkeeper and Ultima on my proud save, complete the new sceneario/bosses on that file and then carry over all my progress to a new crit run=?

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Oblivion is crit only, right?
So for example, Can I unlock Oathkeeper and Ultima on my proud save, complete the new sceneario/bosses on that file and then carry over all my progress to a new crit run=?

Yeah, it's crit only.

You can transfer your proud Keyblades to crit, but I don't think you can transfer/don't think there is anything to transfer from the DLC to crit. So the crit file will ignore the DLC from proud, and just go from your proud main save.

So basically:
Get Ultima Weapon on Proud (main save)
Do DLC (DLC Save)
NG+ on crit
Do DLC if you want (crit)

Edit: It would be worth going for all Lucky Emblems on crit as well, just for the Ribbons you get for doing certain amounts, even if you don't need them for the Orichalcum+.

Open Wound

Nov 7, 2017
Saïx, Larxene and Xigbar down. Once I stopped panicking from its Berserker attacks, Saïx was relatively simple. Much like Dark Riku, he seems overwhelming, but they have clear openings, just with Saïx you have to be more precise as you can't brute force them unlike Riku.

Larxene was fairly easy for a data fight, and Xigbar might be probably the easiest as it's mostly focused on blocking ranged attacks, but it was a ton of fun.

After these two "buffer" fights, Ansem proceeded to destroy my newfound confidence. I managed to do really well on the first half of the fight, barely getting hit, but once he pulls out his orbs... I'm getting massacred.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Weird about Riku's voice acting being this bad, considering the actor loves the character, and he's been great in past games. I think it's overall the voice acting direction that is lacking, and maybe the CG models don't support people talking at a normal pace or something like that.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Weird about Riku's voice acting being this bad, considering the actor loves the character, and he's been great in past games. I think it's overall the voice acting direction that is lacking, and maybe the CG models don't support people talking at a normal pace or something like that.

Yeah, I've not got round to the DLC yet, but Riku being bad is surprising, considering he's often one of the best/most consistent VAs in the entire series.

hans_castorp

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it's crit only.

You can transfer your proud Keyblades to crit, but I don't think you can transfer/don't think there is anything to transfer from the DLC to crit. So the crit file will ignore the DLC from proud, and just go from your proud main save.

So basically:
Get Ultima Weapon on Proud (main save)
Do DLC (DLC Save)
NG+ on crit
Do DLC if you want (crit)

Edit: It would be worth going for all Lucky Emblems on crit as well, just for the Ribbons you get for doing certain amounts, even if you don't need them for the Orichalcum+.
K. Will do that. Thanks for all the help

Whatislove

Jan 2, 2019
Managed to beat Young Xehanort, Dark Riku, Saix, Larxene, and Xigbar last night after binging through the whole campaign. Almost had Ansem but got cocky at the very end. So far I'm adoring this DLC.

itsaziz

Nov 8, 2017
Ok so I have a Crit save completed with Ultima Weapon, Oathkeeper and Oblivion. I'm gonna farm for some materials to max out Oathkeeper. How do I access all the new content from the DLC including the new cutscenes?

Takatomon

Oct 25, 2017
How do I even dodge the desperation move of the last boss of Remind?
I tried it so many times yesterday and only beat it by abusing the moogle coin and hi-potions.

Thankfully I'm in Limit Cut now and please let there be no
meteor style desperation move...

Ok so I have a Crit save completed with Ultima Weapon, Oathkeeper and Oblivion. I'm gonna farm for some materials to max out Oathkeeper. How do I access all the new content from the DLC including the new cutscenes?
You can access everything from the DLC option in the main menu.

Whatislove

Jan 2, 2019
How do I even dodge the desperation move of the last boss of Remind?
I tried it so many times yesterday and only beat it by abusing the moogle coin and hi-potions.

Thankfully I'm in Limit Cut now and please let there be no
meteor style desperation move...

You can access everything from the DLC option in the main menu.
I abused iframes from finishes and rolled around a ton then abused leaf bracer heals.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I've not got round to the DLC yet, but Riku being bad is surprising, considering he's often one of the best/most consistent VAs in the entire series.
It's got to be the direction cause he sounds good as Dark Riku. My guess is they twanted to make him seem "mature" now that he's a keyblade master but ended up making him sound bored. Same goes for Aqua.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
What am I meant to do against Vanitas attack where
they become invulnerable and launch stuff at you? Just wait it out?

MangoUltz

Mar 24, 2019
Quick question on this. I completed KH3 at launch last year but I upgraded to a PS4 Pro a few months ago and turns out I'd never saved my KH3 save to the cloud.

If I install this and then do one complete new playthrough on Critical, will I experience everything the DLC has in that playthrough?

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Quick question on this. I completed KH3 at launch last year but I upgraded to a PS4 Pro a few months ago and turns out I'd never saved my KH3 save to the cloud.

If I install this and then do one complete new playthrough on Critical, will I experience everything the DLC has in that playthrough?
The DLC is separate from the main game. Though you need to beat the game before you are able to start it.

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yes, you'll need to collect all the lucky emblems needed for oathkeeper if you care about seeing the new forms.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think this game is as well designed as KH2:FM to have these difficult battles.

I love Critical Mode KH2 Data battles and these ones are just.... argh. It's also hilarious how the whole game is a joke and then this just hits you like a truck.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Just beat Xemnas! Amazing fight damn.

Ansem and Xemnas down! On to number 4 that seems to be Xigbar.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
So the final part of the Ansem battle, what should I be doing there because I keep losing the same way every time?

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nomura must have taken the difficulty complaints about KH3 personally because these data battles are insane.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Nomura must have taken the difficulty complaints about KH3 personally because these data battles are insane.

I actually think it swung too hard in the other direction, honestly. KH3 generally does not ask enough of you as a player to generate mastery, and these fights expect mastery. It's probably why all of us are getting reamed so badly by the data bosses - nothing about the original game except MAYBE KG Saix was ever challenging enough for players to learn the ins and outs of the combat system the way KH2FM kind of forced you to.