• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Geez, Scala is huge. It went from being nothing but an area where you get some cutscenes and a couple of boss fights to this.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Is it just me, or do some of the voice audio clips sound bad?

Not in terms of Voice acting, but quality wise some of the voices sound bad.

Terra and Sai'X are notable examples

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
I've been on the fence about getting the DLC, but I think I'm going to save myself the money and just watch a play through of it for the story content.

Kingsora

May 19, 2018
Square is such a pain in the ass when it comes to review codes. I asked my review code more as a week ago for the DLC. Not a problem, I was on the list. Now suddenly today I have to approve a cover letter with certain rules. I did that, but now the Square head office has to approve my approvement first and I will get the code probably not before the weekend. Never had this happen in my 7 years of journalism.

----

Really wanted to play this tonight. I'll probably just buy it. If anyone wants my DLC code that I'll get on Monday (maybe tomorrow if you're lucky) you can have it for 20 euros. It's normally the Orchestra Edition of 40 euros. It's a EU-version off course. Send me a pm :)

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
No one answered me from last time but is there new story stuff after the data analysis bosses?
Im guessing yes, but i just wanted to make sure.

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017
So the limit cut bosses are hard? Should I continue with my completed lvl.51 crit file or speed through Re:Mind again with my level 99 crit file?

LAM09

Oct 25, 2017
I know the DLC has just come out, but are there any videos showing the added story cutscenes (have no interest in replaying the story)?

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
Might be the hardest of the series imo
I'm gonna be really curious to see whether certain keyblade forms end up being super useful against these bosses. There's no boss-killer form equivalent to Limit Form, but the increased presence of abilities on accessories/armor and the variety between keyblade forms suggest to me that we may eventually find ways to cheese them.

Also, the summons, I suppose.

PurgeVIII

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
United States
Final thoughts on the ReMind scenario specifically: Lots of really nice fan service moments such as
DBZ LW vs Terranort
and the KH2 callback but overall it was not very good imo. I just found myself playing as Sora every time I was given the option because the other characters really aren't that fun to control (Aqua is fine of course and Roxas is pretty cool, Sora is still better gameplay-wise). Scala is just San Fransokyo 2.0, big and empty but its pretty. I feel as though the scenario overcomplicated what was already a clusterfuck of a story. Man I hate time travel. The limit cut bosses though are great: challenging, rewarding, and fair like they should be.

Last edited:

Alox12

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 23, 2019
I'm gonna be really curious to see whether certain keyblade forms end up being super useful against these bosses. There's no boss-killer form equivalent to Limit Form, but the increased presence of abilities on accessories/armor and the variety between keyblade forms suggest to me that we may eventually find ways to cheese them.

Also, the summons, I suppose.
Counter Shield is great against Marluxia

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I need tips for DM Saix.. been stuck for hours. Can get him to the last 3rd and eventually die. Not a fan of this boss at all, feels very dodging and pray, cant see me wanting to play it and perfect fighting against him.

Shadow2222

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. I'm feeling the same way. Very glad I didn't replay the game just for a couple edited cutscenes near the end, but I had fun with (most of) ReMind.

All of the updated cutscenes are in ReMind, I'm fairly certain.

Thanks - I saw another post that said otherwise (but was then edited) lol. Anyone able to confirm for certain?

Neo Hartless

Jan 8, 2019
So the Limit Cut is cutscenes and the Data Bosses, right?

And the Secret Episode is just the Superboss, nothing like Fragmentary Passage in BbS?

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
afaik blizzard can stop saix charges.
I did read that on a tip... I dont see how. I tried it when hes weakened and done it and when he floats and it doesnt do anything on either, looks like it fills the gauge more in fact. Unless it HAS to be blizzard and not blizzaga

Mireille

Oct 26, 2017
This LC bosses are punishing for sure , proud difficulty on them feels harder than base game on critical.. Feels good to actually learn/clear the fights 😛 .

Alox12

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 23, 2019
I know many people will hate it just like the one in KH2FM, but I love Luxord's data.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Finally beat Saix! I basically had to rely on the invincibility of form changing and shoot lock to finish him off (also a good way for invincibility but as I was using ultima only worth using when hes doing the rushing move on the ground)

Alox12

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 23, 2019
Finally beat Saix! I basically had to rely on the invincibility of form changing and shoot lock to finish him off (also a good way for invincibility but as I was using ultima only worth using when hes doing the rushing move on the ground)
I just beat him too with the same method. I'm doing proud and I really don't look forward to this fight in critical, by far the worst.

Until I try the new two datas I just unlocked lol

Valus

Nov 21, 2017
Any consensus on this DLC yet? Is it worth it? I enjoy the combat but am not a fanatic as far as playing on hardest difficulties or handicapping myself for the challenge. Does the DLC improve the story at all?

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Any consensus on this DLC yet? Is it worth it? I enjoy the combat but am not a fanatic as far as playing on hardest difficulties or handicapping myself for the challenge. Does the DLC improve the story at all?
There's some good story stuff but it's probably not worth the money if that's all you are interested in.

Raidou

Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys have any idea about the length of the DLC? I want to get it but if it's too short I will wait a little bit.

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
This should please some people (even though you have to beat the secret boss to unlock this)

EO_KzYVUwAARDTq