• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'm going to fuck off from this and the spoiler thread because it looks like the sentiment is that that was somehow supposed to disappoint me. Too bad, because as I played I was so excited to talk about it and was sure that people'd be raving about it. It was nuts front to back. It lingered in some of the old stuff too long for context but as an overall package I couldn't be happier with it...
dont leave, I loved it too :)
The org XIII bosses alone make the asking price worth it to me. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Finished the remind scenario, thought the
final boss with Kairi was fantastic, lmao at Xehanort going NO MERCY
, other than that it was...Nomura fan service lol. Didn't care much for it.

Limitcut was exactly what I wanted and more. The music, the cinematics, the sheer scale of these bosses is better than I could imagined. Needed to take a break because I was getting my shit pushed in lol

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017
Re:Mind is good so far.
Just played as Roxas, felt surprisingly good to play as him.
I like the added context. Overall it feels like a director's cut of the last portion of the game.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Yo. These data battles are tight. Only beaten Young Xehanort so far, but I'm loving them.

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
The ReMind stuff would've been better for me if it also didn't make me replay or rewatch things that have had no changes to them. That's my main issue tbh. You play a boss battle and get to play as a different character. Cool! Then you get to the next one and it's the exact same as before. What's the point, just let me skip it then.

Playing as Kairi was neat though. Even Kairi gets a cooler dodge and block than Sora, lol. Why do the guest characters always have the cool flashy blocks and dodges? Learn to Reflega, Sora!

Willin

Oct 28, 2017
The people making Kingdom Hearts can not make a game with a smooth difficultly curve to save their fucking lives.

I went through all of Kingdom Hearts 3 without dying once (and most of Re:Mind too) and suddenly I get to the gauntlet and I cannot even get one bar of boss health down. I proceed for two hours farming XP and gain 40 levels as well as farm materials to upgrade my keyblades and now I can get 3 bars down.

KH1, KH2 and 3D all had stupid spikes in difficultly and it made the games worse.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Things I wish were in the DLC + Just General Things I wanted in KH3:

- Arena/Mirage Arena return
- Battle simulator: Build your own gauntlet/room of all the enemies/bosses in the game to take on at once or in waves. Able to share rooms with other players.
- Sephiroth fight (so we can finally have the narrative conclusion to the fight that was being alluded to in the future)
- Playable characters in Re:Mind are playable throughout story mode.
- Return 'Reflect' magic you cowards!

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The people making Kingdom Hearts can not make a game with a smooth difficultly curve to save their fucking lives.

I went through all of Kingdom Hearts 3 without dying once (and most of Re:Mind too) and suddenly I get to the gauntlet and I cannot even get one bar of boss health down. I proceed for two hours farming XP and gain 40 levels as well as farm materials to upgrade my keyblades and now I can get 3 bars down.

KH1, KH2 and 3D all had stupid spikes in difficultly and it made the games worse.
Data Battles are intended to be spikes in difficulty. Those and Secret Bosses are made specifically for that purpose lol

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Just a small thing but I was happy to see the BBS trio have their capes back.

The way photomode works is not what I wanted at all...but it turns out to have so many more possibilities, dang. That's gonna be fun to mess around with.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017

This spike in difficulty is intentional as fuck lol

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
So I quickly grinded to lvl 99 yesterday, guessing its worth hitting up the requirements for Ultima as well? These data boss fights sound like no joke...

Hexa

Oct 25, 2017
Ultima form + dodging left & right is your friend when he does his berserk ult. Learn the timing to block his other attacks and you should find the windows you need.

Thanks for the Ultima tip. Got him. :)
Larxene was so easy. lol

Delriach

Combat Designer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
finished Remind. They did some cool stuff. I enjoyed it and wish there was more. The concert quality is nice too but I wish I could scrub through the tracks. Sadly you're locked to whichever track you started.

I need to level up before I can feasibly attempt the data fights.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the tips all :) I'll have to have a look just how far out on Ultima as I get the feeling it'll help in the long run. I'm playing on Proud and not Crit but by the sounds of it even on that mode it'll be hard.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
So if I want to grind, I have to do that in the base game, then restart ReMind/Limit Cut? Am I understanding this correctly? Should I just grind to Lv99 in base game before even touching DLC to avoid back and forth?

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017
Watching the credits for the Re:Mind section. I'm shattered and happy. Those last fights has to be some of the most hype moments in the series history. Had a smile on my face all way through.

DarKaoZ

Oct 25, 2017
Watching the credits for the Re:Mind section. I'm shattered and happy. Those last fights has to be some of the most hype moments in the series history. Had a smile on my face all way through.

It was basically the ending we actually deserved the first time, it had all the hype that was missing from the OG ending, it felt like KH2 all over again in a good way.

I must be the only one that things that with Re:MIND KH3 story makes more sense than Star Wars new Trilogy lol

Alox12

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 23, 2019
I have tried some data fights and they kicked my ass on critical lmao. I guess it's time to do ReMind using my proud level 99 file.

Hexa

Oct 25, 2017
Any tips for Xemnas. I can't seem to survive his DM.

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking of replaying the game on crit and then seeing the new content but hearing that the Remind stuff isn't integrated into the main game kinda dampens my excitement. So if I play through the whole game and then go straight to the DLC I basically have to replay a bunch of stuff/ watch a bunch of the same cutscenes to see the new shit? That sucks.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
If I hated Kingdom Hearts 3's combat the first playthrough around, does that change for Re:Mind?

Greatly hesitating on purchasing this versus watching it on Youtube because of this. It's a shame because if you told me about many extra bosses confirmed for Kingdom Hearts 3 several years ago, I would have been stoked.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
If I hated Kingdom Hearts 3's combat the first playthrough around, does that change for Re:Mind?

Greatly hesitating on purchasing this versus watching it on Youtube because of this. It's a shame because if you told me about many extra bosses confirmed for Kingdom Hearts 3 several years ago, I would have been stoked.
if you still have the game, download the patch and test out the new abilities and see if the combat has improved for you. Lots of people love the new attacks and feel like it makes Sora really close to KH2FM gameplay.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017

The 6 new abilities are honestly game changing.
It doesn't feel as tight as 2FM, but it's leagues better than vanilla KH3, and is by far the best the combat has felt in the series otherwise.

Oct 25, 2017
I wish the abilities were just unlocked with the patch, instead of needing to beat the game. :C

At least there's NG+, but if they gave us a heads up I'd have a save ready before. Had the game for almost a month now, and was just waiting for the patch to start playing.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
if you still have the game, download the patch and test out the new abilities and see if the combat has improved for you. Lots of people love the new attacks and feel like it makes Sora really close to KH2FM gameplay.
The 6 new abilities are honestly game changing.
It doesn't feel as tight as 2FM, but it's leagues better than vanilla KH3, and is by far the best the combat has felt in the series otherwise.

Thanks, I'll turn on the game this morning and check the new skills out!

I wish the abilities were just unlocked with the patch, instead of needing to beat the game. :C

At least there's NG+, but if they gave us a heads up I'd have a save ready before. Had the game for almost a month now, and was just waiting for the patch to start playing.

I've completed the game since leaving it, but that seems like an odd decision. Why not improve the feel for everyone at the onset?

DimitriLH

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
I've yet to touch the DLC, will tackle it after work.

Question: I've beaten the game on proud and platinumed it as well.....is there anything else I should do before the DLC? Like I think there some new cutscenes I'm supposed to watch first?

Oct 25, 2017
I've completed the game since leaving it, but that seems like an odd decision. Why not improve the feel for everyone at the onset?
Yeah, it's a really bizarre decision. They went beyond anyone's expectations by making a much tighter moveset for Sora in a free patch, nobody expected that at all, and then they lock it for NG+. I wonder if it's just so it doesn't sound like they're admitting the original moveset is bad.

Which isn't really something I personally agree, I'm really enjoying the game as is, but if it could be even better, why not?

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe

we got a MGS4 style microwave corridor sequence but with Mickey Mouse.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Data Young Xehanort is an incredibly well designed fight. He has a lot of moves that function as both easy traps or potential openings depending on what you do about it. Risk Dodge is absolutely your friend here.

I can't believe these same guys designed Mysterious Figure.

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017

You don't need to use NG+ to have the abilities.
As long as the game detects you have a clear file it unlocks the new abilities and you can use them either in a clean NG, NG_
or any other save file you already have

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yikes, fell into temptation and bought the DLC. It does seem to be a bit expensive for what it is so far...... maybe the data fights will be worth it.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Data Young Xehanort is an incredibly well designed fight. He has a lot of moves that function as both easy traps or potential openings depending on what you do about it. Risk Dodge is absolutely your friend here.

I can't believe these same guys designed Mysterious Figure.
One thing I can say with Osaka team is that learning is actually happening. Base KH3 was already a massive improvement over 3D and the 2nd best combat behind KH2FM. Now it seems with Re:Mind they've improved even more while adding brilliant bosses.

Hexa

Oct 25, 2017
How the fuck do you best Luxord? You can't do the camera trick to look behind the cards anymore.