• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
They really changed the whole shot composition and where Mickey stands among other things. He doesn't interact with Donald and Donald isn't the first person to notice Sora/Kairi anymore. It has a happier vibe and the way the crowd looks out to the Paopu tree island is entirely changed. I don't honestly know what the meaning of the change is lol.

I just compared it side by side and you're right!

Also noticed adjustments to depth-of-field effects here and there, as well as different facial animations in places.

Example:
When Axel, Roxas and Xion are at the clock tower, there are more open-mouthed smiles from Xion and Roxas where before their mouths were closed.

Feb 5, 2018
Part of me is hoping one of the teams is there primarily to make 358 and ReCoded playable instead of movies. 15-20 dollar games. Id 100% buy that.

Never will happen though

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Watch it be 'the team porting the KH collection to Switch/PC' and 'the team porting KH3 to PC' instead of anything actually interesting >.>

Feb 5, 2018
Watch it be 'the team porting the KH collection to Switch/PC' and 'the team porting KH3 to PC' instead of anything actually interesting >.>
If they do, it better have playable versions of 358 or ReCoded. Part of me is hoping that with the ports to Xbox or Switch, this was the case. Its criminal both are movies for different reasons.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I think I have a Critical file somewhere around Toy Box. Can I just keep playing that save and the new abilities and keyblades will be patched in? It is a ng+ save from when I got all the proofs.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Other than the 2 new teams I talked about, there isn't anything that is shocking or new from the Q&A
Nomura confirms that this is the only DLC for KH3, there is no updates planned after this and the team already moved on to the new game.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
My guess is the uX announcement is either a Switch port/remake/thing, the next "iteration" of the uX story, or just an all-new mobile game entirely. They'd have made a bigger deal of it via other channels if it was something else.

And the next big game will probably be a Kairi thing that primarily re-uses assets from KH3/Re:Mind and be more Birth by Sleep in scope. Kinda like a standalone expansion of sorts.

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Took a screenshot of one of the changes:

EO4tKMgXsAEsBBD

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Alrighty, I got myself the new Keyblades, activated the abilities, watched the updated cutscenes.

Time to put my roast on and come back for Re Mind in 18 minutes

André

Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Anyone else disappointed that they didn't add any new scenes to the base game? That is always something I'm looking for in my Final Mix playthroughs.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Anyone else disappointed that they didn't add any new scenes to the base game? That is always something I'm looking for in my Final Mix playthroughs.
They changed the outcome of some of the scenes in the endgame. You won't see them in the actual base game but they have said that ReMind is basically a replacement for Final Mix. You finish the game then see the new scenes.

DarkJedi78

Oct 25, 2017
OH
Any info on the new form? Looks like a quality upgrade. I've never played on Critical, just usually stick with proud, but boy do I want to get Oblivion.