• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Since I have all the lucky emblem, hopefully starting a new game + will give me one of the keyblade right away for my Crit run.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Hey new OT! Can't for the 23rd. I'll be starting my Critical run + DLC. The Pro Menu looks pretty sweet. I'll be turning off Attractions, Team Attacks, and Shotlocks ASAP. I'd turn off Links as well, but the Ariel Link is life; way too amazing to cast aside, even though it's crazy OP.

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
So I only played roughly 3 hours of the original KH3 because I was extremely disappointed with how attractions trivialized the bits I have played. On top of reading from others how easy the game was, I simply dropped it.

My question: Would playing Critical with attractions even it out? Should I play regular difficulty with turning attractions off (am I missing much?)?

Just trying to find the right balance really.

XBlade

Oct 26, 2017
So I only played roughly 3 hours of the original KH3 because I was extremely disappointed with how attractions trivialized the bits I have played. On top of reading from others how easy the game was, I simply dropped it.

My question: Would playing Critical with attractions even it out? Should I play regular difficulty with turning attractions off (am I missing much?)?

If I recall you can turn off attractions with an ability in critical to get more form change charge instead, though I might be wrong.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Can you do Critical without nerfing MP now? Or what does "HP/MP slip" mean in that screenshot?

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017

critical without attractions is a great time.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Do we know how long the concert video is/how it is set out?
I wouldn't mind getting it, but if it's just like a best bits of or something like that I'll probably skip it.

Dec 25, 2018
It's nice this patch launches before, I want to learn how to use oblivion/oathkeeper. Also have more time for the new abilities and new scenes.

MeteoraVII

Banned
Nov 16, 2019
Mickey is the oldest playable character other than Sora and Riku. Bring on the new characters or characters who weren't in the console games.
Pretty sure that doesn't matter as most of those characters have been playable before anyway, with the exception of Kairi, but most people would still rather play as King Mickey than discount-Sakura.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
oh wow did not know about the Oblivion and Oathkeeper keyblades. Do we know how this works?

I am asking as I already got all Lucky Emblems in Proud mode, have not played critical yet, so is it sufficient just to finish the game in critical mode or do I need to collect all Emblems again?

Would like to know as well.
Would also like to know if new cutscenes are just added to the gallery if a game is already cleared because I don't feel like playing the entire game again!

Actual new DLC gameplay I am interested in doing though.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
nomura really trying to make kairi happen with some title art lmao

she's such a non entity within the games. just token romantic interest, she gets so little thought or effort put into her or the narrative surrounding her yet for some reason we're supposed to believe sora is driven to do everything by his love for her. mmhmm.

riku won!

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
nomura really trying to make kairi happen with some title art lmao

she's such a non entity within the games. just token romantic interest, she gets so little thought or effort put into her or the narrative surrounding her yet for some reason we're supposed to believe sora is driven to do everything by his love for her. mmhmm.

riku won!
F6WWddU.png

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
This is an amazing write-up, props to OP.

Let's hope we get some worthwhile payoffs in this DLC.

I'm kind of on the fence about getting this DLC since I never finished the original release for KH3 so I wonder if I'll have to start the game over to get the most out of the DLC or if it will just integrate into my playthrough.

Without going into spoilers, it definitely seems to be the latter.

Remnants

Prophet of Regret
Jul 18, 2019
Every time I see anything about this DLC i get excited but then I remember that it's a timed exclusive. I thought we were passed this bullshit.

Shudouken

Jun 19, 2019
So how much of this update/dlc will affect the main game and how much of it is extra content?
Should I start a fresh playthrough or load up one of my old files?

Oct 25, 2017
So the patch is coming out before the DLC? That's great news.

You know, with all the criticism the game usually gets because of the story, I wish more people complained about how unsatisfying Explosion is in this game compared to 2. That's something they could actually fix, unlike the story. :(

Deleted member 57990

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 18, 2019
I went and bought the Xbox One version of KH3, thinking it'd look and run better, so no Re Mind for me til next month, but I'm looking forward to reading impressions of it, and the concert.

Wil348

Oct 25, 2017
Any idea when reviews go live? I'm really tempted to get this but I'm worried that the £25 won't be worth it for the amount of content they're adding.

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Should I start a New Game for this or can I load an old save? I've been meaning to do Critical at some point.

Oct 25, 2017
I went and bought the Xbox One version of KH3, thinking it'd look and run better, so no Re Mind for me til next month, but I'm looking forward to reading impressions of it, and the concert.
KH3 actually runs better on the Pro, due to the ability of forcing it to render at 1080p. If you own the Pro and it's at all possible to return it and get the PS4 version instead, I think that would be wise.

Feb 5, 2018
oh really? must have missed it.
Anyways if the new scenes are scattered throughout the game, hopefully it's accessible on the theater menu.

The thing is, we dont have confirmation on what "Additonal story" actually entails.

It could be just cutscenes, but it could also be mew playable events or fights not in the base game. They are giving people new abilities, keyblades and more free of charge, surely they would want even those not playing the DLC to do SOMETHING with all of that.

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You can carry over your Keyblades and Emblems to a new game + save.

The new content is accesible via menu, we don't know yet if it will be integrated into the main game.
Gotcha, cheers! I'm looking forward to this, especially if Kairi and Aqua are treated better than they were in vanilla.

Feb 5, 2018
This seems to be only the concert that's downloading. Re Mind looks to actually be delivered within the 1.07 patch.

Why are people saying this, it was already mentioned that ReMind can be preloaded. Making it part of the 1.07 patch kind of defeats the purposenof pre-loading doesnt it? Even if its technically true that you are.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Why are people saying this, it was already mentioned that ReMind can be preloaded. Making it part of the 1.07 patch kind of defeats the purposenof pre-loading doesnt it? Even if its technically true that you are.
Because it's available for pre-load in my country right now and the regular edition only downloads the theme instead of anything actually substantial, whereas the Orchestra edition downloads over 8GB of data. I'm literally pre-loading right now and can see this unfolding.

Feb 5, 2018
Because it's available for pre-load in my country right now and the regular edition only downloads the theme instead of anything actually substantial, whereas the Orchestra edition downloads over 8GB of data. I'm literally pre-loading right now and can see this unfolding.

Oh crap really? Welp, i guess that makes sense too. MH iceborne technically does the same thing. Everyone has to download the iceborne update to remain compatible.

Deleted member 57990

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 18, 2019
KH3 actually runs better on the Pro, due to the ability of forcing it to render at 1080p. If you own the Pro and it's at all possible to return it and get the PS4 version instead, I think that would be wise.
Yeah, I know. I bought it back at launch, so it's a bit late to return it. I still enjoyed my several playthroughs of it on the 1X, though.