• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I checked the YouTube to see how many hours of cutscene the game have. It's more than 9 hours of cutscenes.
I'm loving this game as well but easily my least favorite part is anything that has to do with story that involves any original character other than Sora. Sora + Disney characters are fine and fun but I groan everytime I see a black cloak appear. This game revela on its own bullshit.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm loving this game as well but easily my least favorite part is anything that has to do with story that involves any original character other than Sora. Sora + Disney characters are fine and fun but I groan everytime I see a black cloak appear. This game revela on its own bullshit.

My favorite part is everything regarding the original characters and story.

Lnds500

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any reason to get real high scores in Classic Kingdom - not just completing them once? Does it give you anything?

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
Is there any reason to get real high scores in Classic Kingdom - not just completing them once? Does it give you anything?
No, you just have to register a score in every game and they give one of the best keyblades in the game.
Man I really really love this keyblade, such a good callback to Timeless River :)

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Been meaning to ask this for a while now, but is there any way of getting rid of the yellow/orange "!" for entries in the menus?

DarkJedi78

Oct 25, 2017
OH
Down to one Disney world left and I'm getting antsy about the ending. I want to know what the hell is going on and where its going to.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
That doesn't seem to work and it's why I'm asking. Been hovering on the items and pressing every possible button and they just won't go away.
It's not very obvious, but the indicators flash on items before you select them and stay dull after you do. Once they're dulled, they'll be gone the next time you open the menu.

It's the same as it was in KH2, but the indicator isn't very obvious.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I feel bad. Maybe I was just tired, but I fell asleep playing the Big Hero 6 level yesterday. I've never fell asleep playing a game before.

What the general consensus on the Big Hero 6 world?

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I feel bad. Maybe I was just tired, but I fell asleep playing the Big Hero 6 level yesterday. I've never fell asleep playing a game before.

Anecdotally it seems to be pretty so-so. They rush you through the story and you barely get any time in the world itself, but the actual level is pretty cool when you do get a chance to walk around it.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017

BH6 has the same problem as Caribbean. Level itself is pretty great, but the story path is boring.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
They'll go away once you exit and re-enter the menu.
It's not very obvious, but the indicators flash on items before you select them and stay dull after you do. Once they're dulled, they'll be gone the next time you open the menu.

It's the same as it was in KH2, but the indicator isn't very obvious.

Been a while since I played KH2, so I completely forgot how it was handled there.

The re-entering the menu did the trick. Thanks.

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, I managed to clear the Toy Story and Tangled worlds and I had enough time to just get started on the Monsters Inc. one

My thoughts so far:
The Toy Story world was kind of small and simple though I did like the pacing of it from a gameplay POV. I wasn't keen on the toy robot gimmick from the trailers, but those sections ended up being pretty fun (I think it helped that the pilot-able robots do absurd amounts of damage, like they don't seem to have been rebalanced for Proud at all... not that I'm complaining). The Tangled world seemed really cool with the size of its maps, but I was really strained for time so I ended up rushing past most of the encounters. I don't have much else to say, as the bosses haven't really wowed me so far (and that's actually kinda disappointing).

I guess the Mother Gothel fight was challenging, though that was partly due to the lack of checkpoints, some janky aspects to the boss (like that headbutt attack, dear god that attack can be absolute BS sometimes) and that crappy gimmicky flowmotion section (it's not too hard but you can get really unlucky with some bomb spawns). I also want to mention that the Flower phase later in the fight is pure *evil*. Like shit, I'm not sure you can even escape if you get caught on Proud; I tried everything but the only thing that worked was fully healing myself so I could just tank the hit.

As for the combat so far: I think I really, really do love the new changes. It took me a while to figure out that the powered up forms are kinda like the command styles from BBS, and when I did it all kinda clicked for me. Having that system from BBS but with so much more control over when to activate the style change by itself was cool to see, but then learning that you could keep powered up keyblades / different command styles in reserve via the Keyblade switching mechanic was just amazing to discover. That was a really inspired decision and it's really opened up the combat for me. There are all sorts of other smaller changes that I really love (the new Blizzard spell letting you ice skate is cool af, and the KH2 style team up attacks will revive KO'd party members so no need to worry about them being alive), though the keyblade switching is probably my favorite mechanic.

So far I've been running the Kingdom key (sometimes I need a key to use while the other two keys are powered up and in reserve, and this is a better option than the Arrowgun key which seems to be way too weak on Proud), the Toy Story key (it's got the best damage so far and the drill form is also super good for faster travelling) and the Hercules key (this thing is my run's MVP; its shotlock heals you, it's guard makes you really safe, it's counter is one of the only ways to get decent damage on Proud, and even its random finisher is good for stalling when you need MP to regenerate).

The combat system still has its issues for me (the floatiness still sucks and I've had a few stupid deaths because I couldn't fall to the ground fast enough and just kept getting hit / bounced back up;, the flowmotion can be finnicky to control during the heat of battle, especially when fighting aerial bosses where the camera kind goes nuts; I'm not a fan of Links / Summons being tied to MP and requiring all MP to be usable) but I'm definitely loving playing through this game, the damage spongey-ness of this Proud difficulty aside.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anecdotally it seems to be pretty so-so. They rush you through the story and you barely get any time in the world itself, but the actual level is pretty cool when you do get a chance to walk around it.
BH6 has the same problem as Caribbean. Level itself is pretty great, but the story path is boring.
That's fair. The actual level seems pretty cool, but I was finding the story boring. I felt the same about Caribbean until I could start exploring stuff on my own with the ship, but by that point the level was almost over.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I just want to say that I'm glad they nailed the keyblade balance in this game. I've always said that future games need to take a page from Re:Coded for how to handle keyblade balance and I'm glad that's exactly what they did.

On that note, I fuckin' love Second Form, y'all. Limit Form was my favorite Drive Form in KH2FM and the fact that they made a successor to it that plays well and maintains utility for the entire game is ace.

The Einhander ship is the way the Gummi Ship mode is meant to be played! Omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Right?

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Also, let it be spoken and heard far and wide -- THANK FUCK the disney characters got to be INVOLVED in the Organization tomfoolery so much more this time around. Woody, Sulley, Mike, Randall and Jack Sparrow in particular. Special shoutouts to Sora punching Davy Jones in the fucking skull.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone have a guide for idiots as to the gummi ship and missions? I've been using the preset blueprints like Highwind 3 and Invincible 3, with the same supporting teeny ships. I've been flying around blowing up blue and red crystals, though some red crystals refuse to break. I've found a few constellations, solved a few sphere puzzle things, broken open those gold boxes and engaged in some two and three star battles. I've achieved an A in a lot of earlier fights but now I'm getting B's and C's. Seems my guns just aren't taking the enemies out fast enough.

Even though I'm still not completely clear on what to do, I have to say that I absolutely love the gummi ship in this game. First game had terrible missions, second game improved a lot, and this just knocked it out of the park.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Anyone have a guide for idiots as to the gummi ship and missions? I've been using the preset blueprints like Highwind 3 and Invincible 3, with the same supporting teeny ships. I've been flying around blowing up blue and red crystals, though some red crystals refuse to break. I've found a few constellations, solved a few sphere puzzle things, broken open those gold boxes and engaged in some two and three star battles. I've achieved an A in a lot of earlier fights but now I'm getting B's and C's. Seems my guns just aren't taking the enemies out fast enough.

Even though I'm still not completely clear on what to do, I have to say that I absolutely love the gummi ship in this game. First game had terrible missions, second game improved a lot, and this just knocked it out of the park.

The biggest best advice I can give you is that the stupidest, dumbest ship you can build with the parts you should have available at this point in the game will be far stronger and better than any of the non-constellation or fragment-earned blueprints. I built basically a wall with a Dog on it and a bunch of guns and some engines and it was faster, stronger, and had better defense than anything I could use prebuilt.

Also, I think some crystals are arbitrarily locked behind your ship needing to be a higher level, not having better build stats.

Lnds500

Oct 27, 2017
I expected the cooking minigame to be much harder. Might be the two rings I have equiped but it's been really easy so far.

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
So it seems that keyblade abilities only work if it's your active keyblade, and doesn't act as a passive ability if it's only just equipped.

Y'all better get used using to Favorite Deputy if you're doing the synthesis lists.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
Got Ultima Weapon last night before going to sleep and holy shit is the most pretty and broken weapon I ever had in the series lmao.

The struggle to get ha tho... I guess the worst part was doing to Arendelle minigame like 20 times to collect all the treasures.

The Gummi bosses were not THAT hard using the power up that heals your ship and the Endymion ship but it is incredible long.

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, the Caribbean might be my favorite Kingdom Hearts world ever. It's so satisfying and there's just so much to do. It also looked gorgeous and I thought they implemented the movie's plot fairly well. It's funny because when Pirates was announced for Kingdom Hearts III my reaction was basically "really? why?", but I shouldn't have doubted Lord Nomura.

And man, the story scenes after that world were great.
Ansem just took the biggest L in Kingdom Hearts history. Owned by Hayner, Pence and Olette.

kayos90

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't beaten the game yet. I'm going into the Keyblade Graveyard now but do people feel like the story was a bit light in this game? I just feel like everything leading up to the Keyblade Graveyard was so minimal in terms of story and everything yet every cutscene felt like it dragged. I loved all the other games' story (sans DDD) but this one just feels super off. Also read the post about how KH2 has 12 hours of cutscenes but KH3 has 9. Just feels.... weird.

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
What the hell happened to San Fransokyo? It was the world I was excited about the most, I can't believe they butcher it like that.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
What the hell happened to San Fransokyo? It was the world I was excited about the most, I can't believe they butcher it like that.

It's not even butchered, they just really wanted to stick to that weird structure. The world is huge and there's tons of stuff to find in it once the story chapter is over.

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
OK so, I can now go to the
Keyblade Graveyard
for the first time. I have a feeling like the end is near and would just like to ask if it's possible to craft Ultima Weapon at this point or if I should wait until a bit later. Still quite hazy what needs to be done to get the crafting materials so would appreciate some help.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
OK so, I can now go to the
Keyblade Graveyard
for the first time. I have a feeling like the end is near and would just like to ask if it's possible to craft Ultima Weapon at this point or if I should wait until a bit later. Still quite hazy what needs to be done to get the crafting materials so would appreciate some help.

A looooooot of the save points from there forward will not let you warp to the map, but someone said a couple will. I haven't run into one yet.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
Disney worlds order in KH3 best to worst:
Kingdom of Corona - best world, best girl, best keyblade
The Caribbean - best looking world, best game within a game
Olympus - godly
Toy Box - i dislike fighting the mechs but i like mechs
Monstropolis - it's not terrible but it doesn't really stick out either. just ok.
Arendale - best boss fight in the entire series and home of my favorite battle gate. the level layout sucks and felt longer than it needed to be. olaf sucks. why is this the only place to find hungry gems and why is the one spawn so time consuming to get to!? also i'm surrounded by snow and ice irl so i don't need this to be a reminder of what's outside.
San Fransokyo - story sucks, level traversal sucks, city is bland, too many collectibles, worst boss fights in the game. just boring. the best part was fighting on the bridge. the music started to get on my nerves too.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Was anyone else disappointed by the final boss?
In the end it just feels like I beat up on an old man. It was a cool fight but something felt missing. As ridiculous as they were, Ansem and Xemnas transform into giant ships, Ansem has you fight that pesky giant Heartless one last time, Xemnas has you cutting buildings in half, and Ansem has that extremely memorable cutscene before the fight. With Xehanort you're just rushed into it. No final dungeon. You fight those cool enemies before him at least but I really wanted to explore this place. The entire time I was fighting him I was expecting some crazy transformation. This guy summoned the true Kingdom Hearts. I thought something was gonna go DOWN. But nothing. It's just Xehanort with the X-Blade. Again, cool fight but something felt missing.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Was anyone else disappointed by the final boss?
In the end it just feels like I beat up on an old man. It was a cool fight but something felt missing. As ridiculous as they were, Ansem and Xemnas transform into giant ships, Ansem has you fight that pesky giant Heartless one last time, Xemnas has you cutting buildings in half, and Ansem has that extremely memorable cutscene before the fight. With Xehanort you're just rushed into it. No final dungeon. You fight those cool enemies before him at least but I really wanted to explore this place. The entire time I was fighting him I was expecting some crazy transformation. This guy summoned the true Kingdom Hearts. I thought something was gonna go DOWN. But nothing. It's just Xehanort with the X-Blade. Again, cool fight but something felt missing.
I kind of agree.
There's cool moments like where he twists the world around and the final strike where Donald and Goofy call out to Sora, but it was really lacking in that spectacle. I'm not saying he HAD to become an airship, but I kinda figured there would be some sort of giant thing that needed to be taken down before we went hands on with the old man.

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I kind of agree.
There's cool moments like where he twists the world around and the final strike where Donald and Goofy call out to Sora, but it was really lacking in that spectacle. I'm not saying he HAD to become an airship, but I kinda figured there would be some sort of giant thing that needed to be taken down before we went hands on with the old man.
He should've formchanged the X-Blade into an airship

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Platinumed the game in 55 hours. I have some gummi stuff left to do for true 100%, but I'll look into it later. I think overall the game is better than vanilla KH2, but worse than Final Mix KH2. Hopefully future FM DLC will elevate this game even further!

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
Platinumed the game in 55 hours. I have some gummi stuff left to do for true 100%, but I'll look into it later. I think overall the game is better than vanilla KH2, but worse than Final Mix KH2. Hopefully future FM DLC will elevate this game even further!
i just went back to my critical post game save in KH2FM last night. platinumed KH3 Friday night. only thing 2FM has on KH3 is the large amount of extra/side bosses. the combat isnt as fluid and the worlds in KH2 seem empty and lifeless. I hope KH3 gets some more boss fights because i love KH3 combat a lot more than KH2.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Now that I've completed all the disney worlds time to actually rank them.

Story:
1. Monstropolis
2. Toy Box
3. Corona
4. San Fransokyo
5. Olympus
6. Arendelle
7. Pirates

Gameplay:
1. Arendelle
2. Monstropolis
3. Corona
4. Pirates
5. Toy Box
6. Olympus
7. San Fransokyo

Corona and Monstropolis are very basic, but they're tight, and their boss fights don't have any of that BULLSHIT (Monstropolis slightly edgeds out cause there's some real traversal bullshit in Corona I don't like. Arendelle's story is basic as shit, but fuck if it as a world isn't fantastic. Pirates ship stuff and on ground stuff is great, while the underwater stuff is underwhelming. Toy story looks amazing and is visually impressive. BUT FUCK ALL THOSE MECHS AND DINOSAURS. Olympus is fine, but with Arendelle as a direct comparison, it comes up hella short and both of the boss fights are pretty trash. San Fransokyo is basic, and it has no fun boss fight. They did them dirty AND WHY COULDN'T THEY DO THE CORONA THING WITH ALL OF BIG HERO SIX YOU COWARDS

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Quite dissapointed at the recent low scores because "Lol story makes no sense"

I am expecting all these outlets to treat DMC's (And maybe even Death Stranding lol) BS the same way now.