• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Someone explain to me how to find the second and third waypoints in this damn dreadnaught. I know there has to be something else inside of this thing but I've been flying around for 20 minutes and no dice. Is everything important outside of the ship?
The only things of note inside the ship are five purple crystals.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Having just finished it, god Arendelle sucks. It's the most bland world in the series, and people weren't kidding when they said that it has Disney meddling written all over it.
-Rapunzel gets to hang out with Sora and fight Heartless, and yet Elsa, the princess with ACTUAL SUPER POWERS isn't allowed to for some reason.

-The Ice Labyrinth is pointless and feels like filler, and its basically a replacement for Elsa's ice castle since Sora doesn't get to go in there, for some reason

-It's the only world where the Organization doesn't interact with the Disney characters at all. Meanwhile, Sully was allowed to yeet Vanitas through a door, but Larxene was barred from even speaking to Anna or Elsa for some reason

-The boss fight takes place in a random Shadow Realm separate from the Frozen characters that aren't the snow golem, for some reason

-Interactions between Sora's crew and Anna and Elsa were kept to a minimum, for some reason
Get your shit together Disney. Coddling Frozen like this serves literally no purpose at all, it's just stupid.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Umm excuse me, what the hell was that ending?
that actually kinda stung. That very last shot before the credits roll was brutal. So he succeeds in finding Kairi but doesn't make it back himself? Damn. At the same time I can't help but he disappointed. I really thought we'd get an actual conclusive ending this time, the Xehanort saga being over and all. I've waited 17 years to see the story's conclusion but they go and end it with a cliffhanger and some weird secret ending that implies shit is gonna go down in the real world? I don't fucking know. This story is never gonna end.
Not the real world. The secret ending movie takes place in TWEWY's world.

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO
These fuckin cutscenes are really kicking my ass. I'm about to start skipping some of this. Way too many of them imo. Story has me pretty lost but goddamn the gameplay is insane and so much fun. Just got to Toybox.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
These fuckin cutscenes are really kicking my ass. I'm about to start skipping some of this. Way too many of them imo. Story has me pretty lost but goddamn the gameplay is insane and so much fun. Just got to Toybox.

Honestly it's going to get much worse in terms of cutscenes.

Halfway though, I just didn't care any more and just did other things/housework while they played.

EDIT: Just finished. 6/10 from me. The feel good combat is and beautiful animation is let down by the lack of any real challenge in any of the fights and discourages experimentation and switching combat styles on the fly. As such, the entire game can be beaten using the same brain dead strategies and the only reason to switch things up is due to sheer boredom and not from the circumstances at hand.

Story is a goddamn mess, but has excellent emotional beats when segmented away from the KH mythos as a whole. Some cutscenes really drag and a lot of the voice acting is awful and has poor pacing. Xenahort in particular is difficult to take seriously as the big bad as his new voice actor is nowhere near as menacing as what was portrayed in BBS.

The faitful recreation of the Disney worlds were wonderful though and there was obviously a lot of attention to detail to them from a visual standpoint.

If there is a KH3FM, I hope it can fix all the difficulty qualms I have with the game, otherwise I put it on par with KH1 as a whole.

KH2 is still better than both of them.

Last edited:

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I beat every enemy in the game with no problem. I've conquered everything in the game... BUT THIS FUCKING EGG CRACKING MINI-GAME IS GOING TO BE THE DEATH OF ME.

Holy shit. Cooking all this food is going to be a pain in the ass. I can't do it. :(

ULTROS!

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not the real world. The secret ending movie takes place in TWEWY's world.

Speaking of TWEWY, it definitely had a foreshadowing:

fe333ad4571c9941aea39f3c40dcb7e053255ca0r1-1024-576v2_hq.jpg

mujun

Nov 1, 2017

I feel ya!

I watch about 10 seconds and then skip them. I tried to watch all of them for the first two or three hours but had to give up.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oh is that what that was?

I thought it meant Sora and Riku were coming into the real world, aka what Lightning does in FFXIII: Lightning Returns rubbish
Not even remotely what that's supposed to be. There's the 104 building from TWEWY and in conjunction with Sora disappearing is making it look like that Sora's next journey involves him playing the Reaper game. Even then Riku's thing has more to do with Verum Rex as they showed with Yozora

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Fair enough. Well I'm happy for those who found KH3 to their liking and felt it as though as it was an appropriate and satisfactory ending.

Not my cup of tea though.

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone tried to

rebuild Olaf with the wrong parts? These outcomes are ridiculous lol. Jump to 4:16 for the best one.

CocoaFusion

Oct 28, 2017
Not even remotely what that's supposed to be. There's the 104 building from TWEWY and in conjunction with Sora disappearing is making it look like that Sora's next journey involves him playing the Reaper game. Even then Riku's thing has more to do with Verum Rex as they showed with Yozora
Seriously can't wait to see the Versus XIII ideas incorporated and more SE/Original representation in the plot like TWEWY.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My game just crashed on me and I found out this 2019 game doesn't have autosaves and now I've lost like an hour and a half of progress.

Anyone else had this happened that caused a crash? It happened on the Toy Story world:

I was at the kid corral in Galaxy Toys and just grabbed the Mech suit you need to get to the green blocks that are behind rows and rows of dice blocks you're supposed to punch or shoot to get rid of. Seems like I got carried away with the removing of the dice blocks and during this it crashed.

Anyone else had this happen? Inexcusable for a triple A game in this day and age.

I'm on a vanilla PS4 from 2015 btw.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok yeah this game is very light in post game combat related content. I just beat the secret boss after only a few tries. You definitely need the Ultima Weapon which is to be expected, but there wasn't too much to the fight and I'm only level 59. I have no reason whatsoever to level up to 99. I'm not gonna bother with getting 100% on anything so I think I'm pretty much done with the game. I hope they at least let us replay boss battles in the future, maybe buff them up to make it a challenge.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Sticking a giant cat head out the front of my gummyship really tied the whole metal spike theme together.

I have a lot of fun creating gummy ships, but it sucks that there's still not much to do with them. You can reach unlock every major waypoint and treasure thing in a zone in like 15 minutes and then all that's left is to collect blueprints. And what am I supposed to do with blueprints if I prefer making my own ships?

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My game just crashed on me and I found out this 2019 game doesn't have autosaves and now I've lost like an hour and a half of progress.

Anyone else had this happened that caused a crash? It happened on the Toy Story world:

I was at the kid corral in Galaxy Toys and just grabbed the Mech suit you need to get to the green blocks that are behind rows and rows of dice blocks you're supposed to punch or shoot to get rid of. Seems like I got carried away with the removing of the dice blocks and during this it crashed.

Anyone else had this happen? Inexcusable for a triple A game in this day and age.

The game does auto-save though. its usually the top most file in the load menu

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

There is autossaves?

Not sure how you lost an hour and a half.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
How are you supposed to get the Centurion trophy? I've got 8 Million score at best, usually my score is around 6M.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
How are you supposed to get the Centurion trophy? I've got 8 Million score at best, usually my score is around 6M.

Always shoot for the traps and run away while shooting for the last boss to get the no damage bonus.
I was surprised when I got the 12mil because I even lost the combo fairly early, so I assume those two things are more important.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Time travel. When you defeat them in this game they go back to their own time and forget everything. So they technically had already done all this when you fought them the first time and killed them.
This makes me question Riku was talking to Ansem as if he was the Ansem that has been in his heart throughtout the series, when it's just him from KH1. "We've had quite the journey together..."

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Stick to the left, constantly shoot the glass floor where some bots stand and wait for enemies to go to the trap bombs and kill via those. Only do normal kills, if there isn't one available and you need to keep your score multiplier. If you lose the multiplier before the final boss, just restart. Also use the purple robot.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
I can't see how Arendelle can be worse than glorified hallway aka Monstropolis.
It's not, it's after when you start looking for emblems and shit you'll start hating it.

Pirates of the Caribbean is great though. Such a nice change of pace. Loving it. Plus it looks leagues above the other worlds so far

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Just finished all the story event stuff just after all the Disney worlds. It's SO SATISFYING seeing a sequence of scenes I've been waiting to see for NINE DAMN YEARS. Nooooooooooomuuuuuuuuuuuuraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

The Caribeean was fucking amazing btw. Best KH world of all time. Unbelievably ambitious design concept and execution. 10/10.

I can't see how Arendelle can be worse than glorified hallway aka Monstropolis.
Monstropolis and Arendelle are exactly the same type of worlds. It's something I've noticed more and more while progressing through the game. The worlds fall under certain design philosophy concepts.

Olympus and Corona are more classic KH with safe town zones, set pieces, etc.

Monstropolis and Arendelle are full on action game stages - super linear, not more exploration, just a lot of narrow corridor fights.

San Fransokyo and The Caribbean are very different experimental worlds with a lot more effort put into making them stand out from the rest of the game (and each other even).

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly it's going to get much worse in terms of cutscenes.

Halfway though, I just didn't care any more and just did other things/housework while they played.

EDIT: Just finished. 6/10 from me. The feel good combat is and beautiful animation is let down by the lack of any real challenge in any of the fights and discourages experimentation and switching combat styles on the fly. As such, the entire game can be beaten using the same brain dead strategies and the only reason to switch things up is due to sheer boredom and not from the circumstances at hand.

Story is a goddamn mess, but has excellent emotional beats when segmented away from the KH mythos as a whole. Some cutscenes really drag and a lot of the voice acting is awful and has poor pacing. Xenahort in particular is difficult to take seriously as the big bad as his new voice actor is nowhere near as menacing as what was portrayed in BBS.

The faitful recreation of the Disney worlds were wonderful though and there was obviously a lot of attention to detail to them from a visual standpoint.

If there is a KH3FM, I hope it can fix all the difficulty qualms I have with the game, otherwise I put it on par with KH1 as a whole.

KH2 is still better than both of them.
No Exp exists. If the game is that easy to you that you think it makes the game mediocre, why not use it? Not necessarily for a lvl1 challenge, but put it on whenever the game starts to feel like it's getting a bit easy.

It's an intended feature of the game for those who want more of a challenge and requires zero effort to use so you can't complain the game doesn't allow for a way to manage the difficulty level a bit. It may not be quite the same as a well balanced critical mode that you just turn on, but it's still a feature at your disposal that is meant for challenge seekers.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
No Exp exists. If the game is that easy to you that you think it makes the game mediocre, why not use it? Not necessarily for a lvl1 challenge, but put it on whenever the game starts to feel like it's getting a bit easy.

It's an intended feature of the game for those who want more of a challenge and requires zero effort to use so you can't complain the game doesn't allow for a way to manage the difficulty level a bit. It may not be quite the same as a well balanced critical mode that you just turn on, but it's still a feature at your disposal that is meant for challenge seekers.
I don't think it's the same at all. Even being underleveled, the game is incredibly easy because of the number of options the player has at their disposal at any given time. I feel it's just a totally different design style that started with BbS. It was similar there where you have so many tools the game is never hard because it's too difficult to design fights to truly challenge the player when you have so many ways to string together a bunch of powerful specials or attacks at any given time. Osaka just has a very different implementation style for KH combat. It's natural that people looking for the KH2 Critical Mode feel will be disappointed.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it's the same at all. Even being underleveled, the game is incredibly easy because of the number of options the player has at their disposal at any given time. I feel it's just a totally different design style that started with BbS. It was similar there where you have so many tools the game is never hard because it's too difficult to design fights to truly challenge the player when you have so many ways to string together a bunch of powerful specials or attacks at any given time. Osaka just has a very different implementation style for KH combat. It's natural that people looking for the KH2 Critical Mode feel will be disappointed.
Taking more damage definitely forces you to be more mindful of your movement, timing of attacks, timing some attractions & such to allow for your MP to recharge, and when you should be blocking. I know it's not quite the same, I said as much, but it does bring a little more strategy to the battles that can otherwise be missing.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game does auto-save though. its usually the top most file in the load menu
Well when I reloaded my game I only selected Continue instead of Load so it must've loaded my most recent manual save instead of Autosave and said Autosave has been already overwritten. Why the Continue option didn't choose my Autosave which should've been more recent than my last manual save!?

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Caribbean has got me completely hooked, from the setting, treasure hunting (both above and below water, which gives an incredible feeling of wonder and discovery), ship combat (the triangle finishers are outrageous and I love them), characters... Just about everything.

I was deadset on speeding through the story, because I'm eager to see the conclusion to all this, but I'm finding it hard to leave this world.

I've just leveled up the Leviathan all the way to max level and I've tried my hand at fighting a certain ship which appears on a certain map limit. I lost. Still haven't gone up to the upper right part of the map to check if that illustration actually means something.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well when I reloaded my game I only selected Continue instead of Load so it must've loaded my most recent manual save instead of Autosave and said Autosave has been already overwritten. Why the Continue option didn't choose my Autosave which should've been more recent than my last manual save!?
Not sure, that is odd and unfortunate. The game does auto-save though, apparently just not often enough.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I checked the YouTube to see how many hours of cutscene the game have. It's more than 9 hours of cutscenes.