• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
I beat the secret gummi boss and...

That has to be lamest boss in the whole game. There are no changing patterns, just the same thing over and over again, and the ship you are most likely forced to use (Endymion) doesn't have any good laser attacks, so it just turns into a waiting game, where you only lose if you lose your patience and actually try to deal more damage. Boring.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Rather then touch on a couple of keyblade I'ma go in depth about my favorite one. Ever After. Functionally the best keyblade in the game from when you get it till you get to the broken Ultima Weapon. It hits like a truck with shorter animations for the most part except for the finisher which while not comboing hits 3 times stupid hard. It has ridiculous range and incredible freedom of movement. It also builds situation commands fast so you can use it, switch to another keyblade for 3 hits and have another form change ready immediately. It gives you easy access to Aeroza which solves most combat encounters by itself. Speaking of solving combat encounters it's finisher does just that as well. You can stock the finisher and use it at the start of a new encounter to either end it outright or put a huge dent in the enemies. Only flaws I can think of are the alformentioned basic attacks not comboing into the final beam and dodging locks you into the lackluster mirage clone shots and you can "fix" that by changing keyblades after a dodge. It's not a stretch to say this weapon carried me though the game easily even on Proud. Might do a level 1 run to see how it perfoms in that environment.
Don't forget that it has life steal also lol

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
For however the lame the lack of optional (normal) combat bosses are, I do like that there's actually decent sidequests this time around, between the Flan Heartless, the Lucky Emblems, finding Ingredients and cooking them, etc. There's tangible rewards for doing them too, so it doesn't seem like busywork just for the sake of it, which is nice.

I beat the secret gummi boss and...

That has to be lamest boss in the whole game. There are no changing patterns, just the same thing over and over again, and the ship you are most likely forced to use (Endymion) doesn't have any good laser attacks, so it just turns into a waiting game, where you only lose if you lose your patience and actually try to deal more damage. Boring.

I liked it, but 75% of the fight, I was just marking out over the Einhander fanservice, so I'm pretty biased in those regards.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
For however the lame the lack of optional (normal) combat bosses are, I do like that there's actually decent sidequests this time around, between the Flan Heartless, the Lucky Emblems, finding Ingredients and cooking them, etc. There's tangible rewards for doing them too, so it doesn't seem like busywork just for the sake of it, which is nice.

I liked it, but 75% of the fight, I was just marking out over the Einhander fanservice, so I'm pretty biased in those regards.
Nomura letting the Einhander team go nuts with the Gummi Ship was a great idea.

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
A recap I watched a while back said that people were bequeathed by touching keyblades so is Leon bequeathed then? I swear he held Sora's in KH1.

A proper Rite of Succession is performed by a Keyblade Master or a wielder on that same level, and if the successor has a strong enough heart. They need to be touching the Keyblade simultaneously for a period of time. Terra to Riku or Aqua to Kairi in BBS are examples of this.

Leon in KH1 did hold Sora's Keyblade, but Sora himself was not touching it and it returned to him almost immediately, indicating that Leon wasn't strong enough. Likewise with Jack Sparrow in KH2.

SoraanTribal

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any way to tell which Flantastic Seven you've gotten an A rank in (or enough to get the ultima weapon ingredient)?

SoraanTribal

Oct 27, 2017

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Hey a have a Gummi question.

How do you break th purple crystal in the Eclipse (3rd map)? I tried my strongest ship but I can't seem to break it,

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Hey a have a Gummi question.

How do you break th purple crystal in the Eclipse (3rd map)? I tried my strongest ship but I can't seem to break it,

Keep leveling up your ship, apparently. I couldn't break the purples on the second map until I hit a certain level and I imagine it's the same way on the third one.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
A proper Rite of Succession is performed by a Keyblade Master or a wielder on that same level, and if the successor has a strong enough heart. They need to be touching the Keyblade simultaneously for a period of time. Terra to Riku or Aqua to Kairi in BBS are examples of this.

Leon in KH1 did hold Sora's Keyblade, but Sora himself was not touching it and it returned to him almost immediately, indicating that Leon wasn't strong enough. Likewise with Jack Sparrow in KH2.

Doesn't Sora call it back with Jack, or Jack throw it back to him? Jack seemed like he could hold onto it as long as he wanted if Sora didn't call it back. With Leon I remember it popping back on its own. I swear I've seen crackpot theories about Jack just because he was able to hold it.

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't Sora call it back with Jack, or Jack throw it back to him? Jack seemed like he could hold onto it as long as he wanted if Sora didn't call it back. With Leon I remember it popping back on its own. I swear I've seen crackpot theories about Jack just because he was able to hold it.

He could have called it back, yeah. But I took that scene as Sora just playing along. He let Jack hold the Keyblade because he wanted it so much but knew he wouldn't be able to hold on to it.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
The pre-rendered scenes are incredible. I'm thoroughly impressed with what they've done with UE4.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
If I hadn't seen Tangled, I would argue that Sora/ Rapunzel is the superior relationship.

Also Arendelle kinda sucks.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
i1QMISw.gif

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
The pre-rendered scenes are incredible. I'm thoroughly impressed with what they've done with UE4.

Yeah I agree like in the frozen world I definitely did not expect
let it go to start playing

It was just amazing to see how close it was to the movie so I rewatched frozen after seeing that lol. I love this game.

Xeno-V

Oct 30, 2017
Finally my copy has arrived and I am ready to dive into the game.
What difficulty should I choose? I am looking for normal challenge, neither a walk in the park, nor something extremely challenging.
I am asking because most people are saying so far that the game is on the easy side.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I agree like in the frozen world I definitely did not expect
let it go to start playing

It was just amazing to see how close it was to the movie so I rewatched frozen after seeing that lol. I love this game.

The Caribbean completely blew me away. The Frozen world was a really cool experience

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Finally my copy has arrived and I am ready to dive into the game.
What difficulty should I choose? I am looking for normal challenge, neither a walk in the park, nor something extremely challenging.
I am asking because most people are saying so far that the game is on the easy side.

There really is no extremely challenging mode. Proud is the closest you'll get to what you want.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I liked the world since I love snowy environments but yeah, it kinda sucked.

Sora doesn't do anything at all there.
It was really interesting to see how the worlds were depicted.

Some of them were straight-up retellings of the original story, with some scenes like the Let it Go recreated near shot for shot, except Sora and company just happen to be there. Others are more distanced for one reason or another.

I have a feeling that the Disney licensing was a massive headache for the dev team this time around.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I liked the world since I love snowy environments but yeah, it kinda sucked.

Sora doesn't do anything at all there.

It's easily the most frustrated I've felt so far. The map is useless and everything looks the same.

Hype boss fight at the end but they could've kept everything else.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It was really interesting to see how the worlds were depicted.

Some of them were straight-up retellings of the original story, with some scenes like the Let it Go recreated near shot for shot, except Sora and company just happen to be there. Others are more distanced for one reason or another.

I have a feeling that the Disney licensing was a massive headache for the dev team this time around.

Apparently Frozen was the biggest headache and Pixar was super helpful, from everything I've heard.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Anyone have this on X1? I think it's weird that little xbox symbols fly out of the enemies with every hit. Any way to turn that off?

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Ohh yeah i heard how ridiculously huge that world is. Quite excited to see it later.

Its a little smaller than you'd think after messing around for a while, but yeah. I thought toy story was big lol.
ooooohhhhhh :) Thanks.

Yep, playstation digital pre orders got a blue version, and amazon preorders got a reskinned kingdom key called Dawn to Dusk. I have the amazon one, and its just Kingdom Key painted green and yellow.

Oct 26, 2017
The only battlegate thats tough is the dinosaur ones, because dinosaurs dont stagger and shoot dumb ass lazers for days.....whilst blocking the entire screen.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The only battlegate thats tough is the dinosaur ones, because dinosaurs dont stagger and shoot dumb ass lazers for days.....whilst blocking the entire screen.

I dunno, that Sorcerer Nobody was a real pain in the ass for me. It had so much health and it was so hard to hit it more than a couple times before it smacked me away or vanished.