• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
oQT6miz.gif

After 65 hours I finally cracked the egg excellently.
And I'm over here still wondering "HOW DO I SHAKE PEPPER?!"

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
What kind of ship are you using? Special blueprint or custom? I've never had any issues A-ranking that type of mission with my constellation ships.

I'm using the best highwind one because the constellation ones I tried sucked, couldn't even get to rank B :P (and Endymion sucked really hard against the secret boss...)

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get these "defeat enemies as fast as possible" gummi missions. I defeat them as quickly as I can, yet the rank doesn't seem to go up based on speed at all. What's up with those?
It is based on speed. The longer you take the more your multiplyer degrades and as such you gain less points per enemy.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm using the best highwind one because the constellation ones I tried sucked, couldn't even get to rank B :P (and Endymion sucked really hard against the secret boss...)

Did you beat the gummi ship secret boss? Are you using highwind peak or highwind gold then? Gold should completely decimate anything. It's what I used to wrap everything up.

Getting the bistro to five stars gets you the chef keyblade which can make cooking easier.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen some folks say this game is rushed.. in what world?
Just look at Twilight Town, Radiant Garden, and the fact that Mysterious Tower was cut from playable to cutscene only. There's also a significant lack of side content focused on combat.

Grand Chef makes getting an excellent while cooking easier. It was a god send for the secret menu stuff (I swear they had stricter requirements than the stuff on the standard menu).

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
Speaking of difficulty cracking eggs, how do I get more honey? I screwed up some dessert recipes and I need more to excellent the rest. I tried replaying the flower game but all I get are panaceas.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of difficulty cracking eggs, how do I get more honey? I screwed up some dessert recipes and I need more to excellent the rest. I tried replaying the flower game but all I get are panaceas.
Do better at the honey game. Getting a wonderful rank should get you 3 honey.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Just look at Twilight Town, Radiant Garden, and the fact that Mysterious Tower was cut from playable to cutscene only. There's also a significant lack of side content focused on combat.
Is that really a sign of being rushed, though? The story doesn't really require playaable sequences in Radiant Garden or Mysterious Tower.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
So guys, casual Kairi question here:

Why did she not summon her Keyblade and cower like an idiot when Terranort attacked? That's what the training was for! I was hoping she'd make up for it in the end, while obviously not Aqua levels of CQC skill, but I got nothing. I was really hoping she'd be more this time around. Yeah, she holds off an Org member for a bit when you're fighting them back-to-back, but we hardly see that.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Nah. It works for the Caribbean because they absolutely should give you things to do and explore with your ship in that world, but the other worlds had no reason to be that size.
I would've loved if big hero were that huge of a play area, with a ridable Baymax for speed travel and a pseudo Spider Man PS4 experience complete with crimes to stop and heartless gang hideouts to conquer. I can dream :)

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017

Why did she not summon her Keyblade and cower like an idiot when Terranort attacked? That's what the training was for! I was hoping she'd make up for it in the end, while obviously not Aqua levels of CQC skill, but I got nothing. I was really hoping she'd be more this time around. Yeah, she holds off an Org member for a bit when you're fighting them back-to-back, but we hardly see that.

Nomura

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Hug the wall and only make right turns where possible.

I'm dumb. I was looking for the Omega constellation. I just had to warp back to the galaxy's world and embark from there to immediately be outside.

To those who have the Ultima Weapon, how much of a joke does the game become? I'm thinking of getting it before facing the final boss but I also don't wanna beat it in 5 seconds.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nah. It works for the Caribbean because they absolutely should give you things to do and explore with your ship in that world, but the other worlds had no reason to be that size.
Big Heros 6 should have been comparable in size to it. While the Caribbean was essentially a mini open world pirate game, San Fransokyo should have been a mini open world superhero game.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

In her slight defense, we don't know what her training consist of, and it's possible she knew how to do most everything but just lacked the experience of really fighting someone who was stronger than you and about to kill you.

She still got jobbed so hard in this game though in multiple scenes, that I'm still salty.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
It is based on speed. The longer you take the more your multiplyer degrades and as such you gain less points per enemy.

Yeah, but destroy all enemies as soon as they appear on screen, and the multiplier dies due to the wait time of waiting for next batch of enemies to appear, and game goes "well rank B for you sir".

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

I don't think Mysterious Tower needed to be playable at all. It's always a weird justification having HEARTLESS show up feet away from Yen Sid.

We should've been able to stop in Radiant Garden one last time though.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but destroy all enemies as soon as they appear on screen, and the multiplier dies due to the wait time of waiting for next batch of enemies to appear, and game goes "well rank B for you sir".
If you're killing everythign as soon as they appear then you should get A ranks. Are you spamming your lasers so that you don't need to waste time moving to the ships or just using regular shots?

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I'm dumb. I was looking for the Omega constellation. I just had to warp back to the galaxy's world and embark from there to immediately be outside.

To those who have the Ultima Weapon, how much of a joke does the game become? I'm thinking of getting it before facing the final boss but I also don't wanna beat it in 5 seconds.
It and it's formchange are appropriately busted.

Kinda happy that they went the KH1/RE:Coded route and made it the objective best keyblade in the game instead of the somewhat more strictly balanced KH2/BBS/DDD incarnations.

Alox12

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 23, 2019
To be fair, the only thing that hints at a rushed game is Twilight Town's size, even though you get a more lively town in exchange. Content gets scrapped all the time and it doesn't mean that a game is rushed (playable Disney Castle, Hollow Bastion and Jungle Book were respectively scrapped from KH1, KH2 and BBS). Radiant Garden didn't give me the impression that it was supposed to be playable either, nothing that justifies a playable visit happens there, imo. Side content focused on combat is also more or less on par with KH1 and KH2 vanilla versions.

Shoreu

Oct 25, 2017
So which Keyblades are you using??

I'm using
1. Ever after
2. Favorite Deputy
3. Heroes Origin.

I'm playing on proud and its been a breeze.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm loving this game way more than i thought. Sure, it has it's issues, i still think the story is just batshit insane and don't really care for the Organization stuff, and i think it could be a bit harder and meatier in some of the worlds, but i just got to the Caribbean and MAN

It's a joy to play and look at. And the narrative is so innocent that i'm deeply enjoying watching it all.

And the music. Shimomura is a genius.

The last KH i finished was 2, and this made me remember how much i love this series. Really happy that it's doing well on sales.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017

Ultima Weapon is broken as fuck. Ridiculous transformation and shotlock (although it's a bit different to execute from regular shotlock)
Also it's fucking cool.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017

Quite honestly this is possibly my biggest disappointment with the entire game.