• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gibson

Oct 29, 2017
Toy Box world opening

was that some kind of Versus XIII reference?? Not sure what I just watched [\spoiler]

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Okay, I can understand this is an HD game compare to two, but I'm grinding for items and I noticed that there isn't much variety in Heartless and Nobodies. I feel like each world only has two exclusive enemies while the rest are generic heartless. Haven't check the diary but I feel like there is less than thirty heartless altogether.
It is much better than most hd games I played already :/

I mean, i was playing through god of war before it and the recolors were killing me :/

Enemy variety is a little smaller than kh2 but surely isn't as bad as you say, the easy combat makes it hard to distinguish some enemies though, cause most will die before your magic spam finishes, there's at least 3 enemies per world +one or two recolors of general enemies but some areas have some secret monsters

Azerare

Oct 25, 2017
It would still be a colossal waste of time. I don't care about the Foretellers or any of their nonsense, and I don't care about the nameless, faceless protagonist. That story is empty and dead and not worth revisiting in a full game. Leave it to rot where it is.
I find the age of fairy tales interesting lore wise. Especially the Easter eggs in the story and secret reports going more in depth.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I think I have high score only in the frozen one, lol

Here's what ended up working for me:

Pirates Flan: Just dodge roll back and forth and only use the bell when the big bonus flan is up

Tangled Flan: Get pictures of these:
1. At the start, go to the left and watch two flans jump off a tree and snap a pic of the resulting cake. 5000 points.
2. Next to the entrance to the hidden tower, there is a mini flan. 4000 points
3. on the path to the little cave there is a mini flan that jumps out of a bush. 3000
4. up the hill there is a flan with animals. wait for it to pose with them. 5000 points.
5. past the tree from the first pic follow the path and watch the 5 flans take positions. key is to wait, sometimes they dont all pose. get all 5 dabbing, easy 5000

Toy Story Flan: fairly easy, just get the flying flans once you are high enough, then run out the clock by dodging. I think you only need like 18k points on this one.

monsters Flan: AOE spam. I think I used Ever after and just spammed Thundaga

Big Hero 6 Flan: Don't think this one was tough. Just jump on the sparkling ones when you get teh chance, it nets the most points. Specific flans lead to specific parts of the map, too, i think. So stick to the ones you like most.

hercules Flan: this one was annoying to me. it helps to remember that you can let the speed arrows do most of the work when it comes to turning. And take the left path after the gardens.

Hope that helps.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Here's what ended up working for me:

Pirates Flan: Just dodge roll back and forth and only use the bell when the big bonus flan is up

Tangled Flan: Get pictures of these:
1. At the start, go to the left and watch two flans jump off a tree and snap a pic of the resulting cake. 5000 points.
2. Next to the entrance to the hidden tower, there is a mini flan. 4000 points
3. on the path to the little cave there is a mini flan that jumps out of a bush. 3000
4. up the hill there is a flan with animals. wait for it to pose with them. 5000 points.
5. past the tree from the first pic follow the path and watch the 5 flans take positions. key is to wait, sometimes they dont all pose. get all 5 dabbing, easy 5000

Toy Story Flan: fairly easy, just get the flying flans once you are high enough, then run out the clock by dodging. I think you only need like 18k points on this one.

monsters Flan: AOE spam. I think I used Ever after and just spammed Thundaga

Big Hero 6 Flan: Don't think this one was tough. Just jump on the sparkling ones when you get teh chance, it nets the most points. Specific flans lead to specific parts of the map, too, i think. So stick to the ones you like most.

hercules Flan: this one was annoying to me. it helps to remember that you can let the speed arrows do most of the work when it comes to turning. And take the left path after the gardens.

Hope that helps.
Don't you need to just get a fruit from each flan? I know you can get other rewards too, but for the platinum they are not needed, right?

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Don't you need to just get a fruit from each flan? I know you can get other rewards too, but for the platinum they are not needed, right?

As far as I know you need the top reward (usually an ability) on all of them to get the ingredient required for Ultima weapon, which there's a trophy for.
Maybe I'm wrong and you just need a single fruit, though?

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
As far as I know you need the top reward (usually an ability) on all of them to get the ingredient required for Ultima weapon, which there's a trophy for.
Maybe I'm wrong and you just need a single fruit, though?
I read you just need to clear them all (by getting the ingredients) in order to receive the Ultima Weapon ingredient.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
You need high scores for Orichalcum+

Thanks for the advice, I'll try those later :). I forgot I had cleared toy story.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
damn the kingdom of corona story was a bit confusing to follow

1. they seemed to skip a few beats in rapunzel's and flynn's relationship

2. was flynn possessed at a few key points during the story? for example when cutting rapunzel's hair at the end?

3. what was up with the crown? i guess flynn stole it for its value? then he came for some reason to rapunzel's tower and she captured him and hid the crown. then her mother found it. and suddenly it teleported back to rapunzel and she had it on the boat?

the visual design of the boss was really great though

Oct 25, 2017

2. was flynn possessed at a few key points during the story? for example when cutting rapunzel's hair at the end?

3. what was up with the crown? i guess flynn stole it for its value? then he came for some reason to rapunzel's tower and she captured him and hid the crown. then her mother found it. and suddenly it teleported back to rapunzel and she had it on the boat?

They want you to watch the movie.

But yeah they skipped stuff.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finished Monstropolis last night.

That world felt way too long, and that last boss is legitimately the only hard fight I've had so far.

EDIT: Just realized this said Toy Story when I meant Monstropolis. lol it's too early.

Last edited:

Arlequin1582

Feb 4, 2019

From what I remember they has some serious insta-love thingy going on in the movie, so we didn't actually miss out that much.
He cut her hair so she would be able to live a free life. (no magical hair = no evil witch-mother) So he actually kind of sacrificed his life for her freedom.
In the movie the mother actually tried to convince her to come back, saying that he cared only about the crown. To prove her point she gave it back to Rapunzel so she could return it to Flynn

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Just checked and yeah, you need to beat high-scores. Fuck. I hate the Olympus flan.
It's pretty easy. You can be pretty hands off with turning and then you just need to figure out the route when you get to the wider town square space (use the arrows, they generally direct you to where you should go).

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Just started San Fransokyo.

Man they missed a massive oppurtunity to give you all of Big Hero 6.

That would have been WILD

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
gfrYbjT.gif

Nov 1, 2017
I'm having the strangest feeling ever while playing this that I'm having a hard time describing. Like, I'm enjoying my time with the game even though I'm not invested in any of the story nor am I wildly into recent Disney stuff so I just nod along to almost every cut scene which sort of tempers my enjoyment.

Cokesouls

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Without spoiling too much, do keyblades change in any way when upgraded to max? Stats don't really matter even on proud.

Oct 27, 2017
I just beat Arandelle last night. Probably my least favorite world by design, but I'm loving the game so far. I think I might just suck, but I have the hardest time getting a block in

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I just beat Arandelle last night. Probably my least favorite world by design, but I'm loving the game so far. I think I might just suck, but I have the hardest time getting a block in
The blocking is slow, it annoys me too. The window is huge but the execution of it is very delayed

Just seems like it's not supposed to be a reflex thing and more a stand still and anticipate attacks thing.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

They need to tweak the block timing for sure. It's very difficult to pull off a successful block unless you anticipate what an enemy is gonna do before they do it and wait for it. There's no real way to effectively block mid-combo, which is a shame.

Xarius

Oct 28, 2017
I really hope attraction flow doesn't become a core series mechanic going forward. Just overpowered and un-fun.

targethyena

Oct 27, 2017
I'm having the strangest feeling ever while playing this that I'm having a hard time describing. Like, I'm enjoying my time with the game even though I'm not invested in any of the story nor am I wildly into recent Disney stuff so I just nod along to almost every cut scene which sort of tempers my enjoyment.
For me it's pure good vibes, which is sorely missing in the games industry. Yeah it's cheesy, yeah it's convoluted, but the music and atmosphere just make it so enjoyable. I think that's why it resonates with a lot of people

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
From what I remember they has some serious insta-love thingy going on in the movie, so we didn't actually miss out that much.
He cut her hair so she would be able to live a free life. (no magical hair = no evil witch-mother) So he actually kind of sacrificed his life for her freedom.
In the movie the mother actually tried to convince her to come back, saying that he cared only about the crown. To prove her point she gave it back to Rapunzel so she could return it to Flynn
ah, ok that makes sense

so what happened

after she gave him the crown and he just left her?

the reason why i thought there had been some possession going on with the hair cutting was the comment from marluxia afterwards which i interpreted as him saying that they couldn't allow the mother to stay around because her darkness would taint rapunzel's pure light

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
ah, ok that makes sense

so what happened

the reason why i thought there had been some possession going on with the hair cutting was the comment from marluxia afterwards which i interpreted as him saying that they couldn't allow the mother to stay around because her darkness would taint rapunzel's pure light

Rapunzel gave him the crown to test him. At the same time, Gothel basically recruited these two bandits Flynn used to roll with to ambush Flynn and make it look like he was bailing on her with the crown to convince her that he was using her the whole time.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I've never played any of these games, but I think my daughter would enjoy watching me play it.

As someone who has no clue what this story is about, does the game catch you up on the story so far?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I've never played any of these games, but I think my daughter would enjoy watching me play it.

As someone who has no clue what this story is about, does the game catch you up on the story so far?

Only if you watch the videos on the main menu, and they're not amazing. You'd probably want to watch a better recap. Barry Kramer from Game Grumps does a really good one that's slightly comedic but covers the most important beats.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Frozen world isn't very good, and I've had about enough of it. Musical shit, everything looks the same, the story is not that interesting, nor are the characters, more prerendered cutscenes than anywhere else so far.... Waiting for the storm to pass? This will make replays harder.

Only saving grace is seeing a certain Org member again.

Other than that, I love that I can upgrade keyblades and that I can use the Kingdom Key this far into the game as it's always been one of my favorite keyblades.

The game is still really fun, but I preferred the way battles looked like in KH2. Here, the spectacle feels more kid oriented, with attractions, colors popping everywhere, certain keyblades transformations while in KH2 Sora pulled off some pretty badass moves during boss battles.

I'm loving the game, for sure, just not this particular world.

Edit: in the game's defense, the Frozen final boss was amazing.

Last edited:

Arlequin1582

Feb 4, 2019
ah, ok that makes sense

so what happened

In the movie she had two bandids helping her, they gagged him and put him in the boat, so it would seem like he really didn't care about Rapunzel but only about the crown. (So thinking that her mum was right Rapunzel followed her home, because the outside was really evil and stuff)
I thought they "killed" the mum, so she wouldn't be able to taint her light (even tho she would be dead anyway but whatever) I don't think Flynn was possed because him cutting her hair was like this important self sacrificing move and him proving his love.

I actually think they handled all the worlds pretty well, so even if you didn't watch the movies you could at least follow the main storyline...except for Pirates of the Caribbean. I've actually weatched that movie and had no single idea what was going all the time...

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Man, I feel like the only person on the planet that liked Arendelle, lol.

But then again, just being able to explore bigass Disney worlds with Sora, Donald and Goofy again is more than enough for me, so I'm just really easy to please, I guess.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just gotta finish synthesizing everything and I'm done. Shit's gonna take a minute. Ugh.

Sad it's already almost over.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm guessing it's not possible to get all 60 synthesis materials until the postgame? I'm missing the Ultima Weapon recipe that comes at 58 and I assume there are at least two more.