• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
How long is this game? I thinking about picking this up soon. Also i havent played the other games so the story will be confusing as hell i assume

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
need to make a decision between X and Pro. I'm sensitive to bad framerate, but sometimes major drops in res is distracting. I have a 4k TV btw.

HELP! I want to start this today.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
need to make a decision between X and Pro. I'm sensitive to bad framerate, but sometimes major drops in res is distracting. I have a 4k TV btw.

HELP! I want to start this today.
From everything that is known, PS4 Pro with resolution locked to 1080p is the best way to get the most stable framerate throughout the game!

The X's has less stable framerate but higher resolution.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I have no idea what you're talking about !

Alright, thanks :)
Make a ship that is shaped like a donut with the hole facing towards the direction you're flying (so line up the edges with one layer of cubes) & put firagas/blizzagas/gravigas to the upper, lower, left and right sides (or lesser versions if you don't have any) and put a firaga + comet/meteor (comet if you don't have meteor) combo on the teeny ships. Go to town with it. I could do everything except the boss on the last gummi map (I had to equip a shield for that, to make it hit a little less hard).

DaeJim

Founder LifeisXbox.eu
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Toy Story world is fun! So many great moments.. for example the ball pool, robots and that voice change moment 🤣😂

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
From everything that is known, PS4 Pro with resolution locked to 1080p is the best way to get the most stable framerate throughout the game!

The X's has less stable framerate but higher resolution.

Bu.. but I like both framerate and res! I'm worried about buying this on Pro only to have SE patch it and bring improvements to X.

I'm so weak.

Oct 27, 2017
Murfreesboro, TN
Phil not saying one single thing in the Hercules world was pretty hilarious, especially when the camera focused on him for a tiny bit.

Are there any other cases of characters having zero lines?

Dec 25, 2018
After really thinking about classic kingdom, it's a damn shame. Their art and overall design is actually really cool, there's so much effort into them. It's weird there's essentially no incentive to do them though other than
getting a keyblade from it

Would rather have combat things to fight, but that's just me.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Phil not saying one single thing in the Hercules world was pretty hilarious, especially when the camera focused on him for a tiny bit.

That's only because his Japanese VA died a few years ago.

(So did Xehanort's, but you can't have Xehanort not say anything.)

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017

So far where I'm at Aeleus and Dilan haven't had any speaking lines. Aeleus especially hangs out with Ienzo who's a chatterbug but he says nothing.

With Phil it's weird, at the same time that's literally the only scene with him so I guess they also save on not bringing in someone to do the voice over for one or two lines if anything.

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
Kingdom of Corona is one of the most charming and endearing things I think I've ever experienced in a game. I've seen Tangled and thought it was OK but the way they play it out with the incredible animations and film beats wrapped around a Kingdom Hearts box was just fantastic. Reaching the city as well and seeing it was marvelous. Really fun area to go through and the soundtrack too!

Square-Enix should be really proud of what they made here. Toy Box and Olympus were cool but this was something else. Can't wait to see what's to come.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
Finally finished it. Won't spoil anything (Are there places to talk spoilers?)
But fuck, no joke I cried almost the entire final act (not even the final few cutscenes), pretty much constant crying for 2,5-3 hours and my head is fucked right now, hurts like hell because I cried so much.

Its been a long time coming, I've waited for multiple games and played EVERYTHING. This game crushed me and meant a lot to me.

xfactor99

Oct 28, 2017
I think Frozen just suffers from executive interference.

The Ice Labyrinth very, very much seems like it was designed to be a Larxene-ified version of Elsa's castle. When you get to the top floor, the geometry seems inherently designed to look like Elsa's design work but with Larxene's daggers plastered all over the walls. My guess is, it was originally designed to be the interior of Elsa's castle, but at some point in development Disney told them not to put it there (for some reason), so Nomura stuck it earlier in the level and put it inside of a portal. It's just too disjointed the way it is right now. Most likely the Frozen people wanted all the beats of the main movie's story to go relatively uncorrupted, which is why Sora feels so incidental to the whole thing.

Nomura said a few months ago that the approval process for Disney worlds was more complicated than in previous games, and that Frozen had the most guidelines in terms of what the existing creators insisted on:

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/tetsuya-nomura-kingdom-hearts-3-interview

Oct 26, 2017
I think Frozen just suffers from executive interference.

The Ice Labyrinth very, very much seems like it was designed to be a Larxene-ified version of Elsa's castle. When you get to the top floor, the geometry seems inherently designed to look like Elsa's design work but with Larxene's daggers plastered all over the walls. My guess is, it was originally designed to be the interior of Elsa's castle, but at some point in development Disney told them not to put it there (for some reason), so Nomura stuck it earlier in the level and put it inside of a portal. It's just too disjointed the way it is right now. Most likely the Frozen people wanted all the beats of the main movie's story to go relatively uncorrupted, which is why Sora feels so incidental to the whole thing.
FroZen/tangled/pirates all feel like Disney was like "right let's get these gamers caught up on our current Disney films".

Tangled plot literally makes no sense in game. Frozen you just watch everyone deal with their shit. And pirates we just sub in for the comic relief duo.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
FroZen/tangled/pirates all feel like Disney was like "right let's get these gamers caught up on our current Disney films".

Tangled plot literally makes no sense in game. Frozen you just watch everyone deal with their shit. And pirates we just sub in for the comic relief duo.

But At World's End was two Pirates films ago.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Man I really loved Corona. Definitely my favourite world so far. Hoping Monstropolis lives up to it. :)

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017
How upset are you all that played those terrible Classic Kingdom games?
Honestly, a few of them are actually pretty fun. Nothing I'll play much but I did try them a couple of times.

Classic Kindom is such an odd extra thing to add.

Speaking of mini-games, I'm slightly disappointed there's no online leaderboards, I think it'd be great to have.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017

Then set them lower after that.

Did you love the verticality of Toy Box and Tangled? You get none of that in Monstropolis.

DId you love the color and atmosphere in the previous worlds? Enjoy the bland corridors of a barren factory.

Monstropolis might be the biggest disappointment in KH series, up there with the second game Atlantica

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
I think Kh3's endgame is among the best endgames of all time. I'm trying to think what tops it for me.

Some seriously epic shit.

THANKS

Prophet of Regret
Oct 22, 2018
Just got to the Carribbean and having a blast so far.

I really appreciate all of the ways the game keeps switching things up with the various flying/sliding/cover shooting segments. You just don't get this type of one-off variation in most modern games.

Corona was awesome, really reminded me of how they integrated the Disney in the first game. The Toy Box was a little disappointing since they just had a kind of bland toy store for the most part. I think the scale doesn't really help as there's a lot of floor to navigate. Much preferred the Alice take on scale in KH1.

As someone who has followed the story of the previous games they're doing a good job of keeping the mysteries flowing - it could be better integrated with the Disney stuff though. The Toy Box level did it pretty well but the rest, not so much. I think that the number of cutscenes could easily be halved though - they're often too frequent and too long for what they need to say.

The combat is fantastic and engaging. I feel like, even though it's a touch easy, I wouldn't want it harder and the bosses provide some tricky moments. I do wish the attractions were less frequent though - it should feel like more of a big deal to activate them but instead they show up in most battles.

Overall this game has blown me away so far and I'm excited for Big Hero 6 and beyond.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just finished the game. I finished on standard.

What are the requieremtns to watch the secret ending?

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Monsters Inc was... something. I enjoyed the ending, but the contrast in level design between that and the previously more open worlds is kinda jarring to me.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I loved Monstropolis. I can't recall too many (if any) industrial/factory themed worlds in the series (Cavern of Remembrance is probably the closest), so I found it to be a delightful change of pace.