• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, it's a Kingdom Hearts game so.... Of course you can skip around but you're gonna be confused about where to go probably.

The g
As someone who felt the exact same way, I would honestly skip all the cutscenes outside the Disney stuff, I really wish I did. Must have wasted a few hours of my life on that crap.

Thanks! Will skip every cutscene not about disney characters then

Should make the game much more enjoyable

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I really loved the Caribbean, it's one of the few games that does underwater sections right, and I never expected to have so much exploration later on. Found some really cool stuff! The ending was so well done, too.

Some other worlds really vary in quality. Probably my biggest complaint is that KH III does not quite manage to maintain the same standard throughout the whole game. Also most bosses were just way too easy compared to previous games. I regret opting for 'normal' which I found the right difficulty in most other KH games.

Dec 25, 2018
So I'm LV99 and there's no MP thrift ability even for a magic route, weird.

MP thrift reduces spell costs by 20%. I have only been able to find it on accessories so far. Would be nice to actually get one through leveling.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
By then i already have a wife and kids....
NOMURA YOU HACK NOT AGAINNNN
IIRC, at least they've said that they won't do extensive rounds of DLC for KHIII because Nomura wants to move on to the next Kingdom Hearts as soon as possible. Considering all the comments about it in KHIII itself, I imagine they have acknowledged the long wait for KHIII and as such they are probably going to try to be a little quicker with KHIV. And if they continue with UE4, they hopefully will be able to do KHIV in 4-5 years instead of 6+. So... 2023-2024 KHIV HYPE?!

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
It kind of bugs me that
Mother Gothel just turns into a giant monster that doesn't really reflect her design at all. I mean, she's super evil and a witch, there was definitely a way to have a boss fight with a suped up Heartless version of her that wasn't a random giant lizard. It felt like what happened to Frollo in DDD.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can someone please tell me
if I missed a world or something to do ? I was overleveled for Corona, suddenly there's a HUGE bump of level at monsters inc.
I was always like 2 levels over the recommended level and suddenly I'm 4 levels below.

Also is there a quick way to get a good gummy ship ? I almost die at every fight/challenge/whatever and it takes ages to kill mobs with the ship I'm using currently.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
How do you guys think they will handle the Final Mix release of this? Free Patch? DLC? New Game SKU?

Seeing FFXV I can see both DLC and New Game SKU, like Royal Edition. I can't see a free patch lol.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
People complaining about the non Disney story stuff and I'm the opposite. Disney stuff is cool but give me more Nomura crazy story.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
How do you guys think they will handle the Final Mix release of this? Free Patch? DLC? New Game SKU?

Seeing FFXV I can see both DLC and New Game SKU, like Royal Edition. I can't see a free patch lol.
I could see some free DLC if this does well enough. Like, not necessarily some completely from-the-grounds-up type of deal but some 1-on-1 Data Real Org XIII fights with slightly extended & remixed abilities. And then maybe some new super bosses that aren't a repeat of anything in the base game as paid DLC. No new worlds and I don't expect any significant new areas of play either. But some Gummi Ship missions & extra bosses for sure. Something for Osaka Team members to do who can't move on to KHIV until that has gone through some planning & is far enough that they can move the rest of the team on to it.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Is there an ability that actually increase the duration of transformations? The one I got from the Olympus minigame seems to just give more time before the situation command disappears?

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

I think there was an interview where they confirmed there wont be a new sku/season pass for the game. I kind of assume stuff like an eventual critical mode would be a free update where content that's usually found in final mix(new cutscnes, new super bosses, new side content, etc) will probably be a one time purchase dlc.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't mind Disney having a bit more of a leeway with the crossover. Have Disney characters outside of the main three involved in the end game story with the original characters and I'd be happy.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
if I missed a world or something to do ? I was overleveled for Corona, suddenly there's a HUGE bump of level at monsters inc.
I was always like 2 levels over the recommended level and suddenly I'm 4 levels below.

Also is there a quick way to get a good gummy ship ? I almost die at every fight/challenge/whatever and it takes ages to kill mobs with the ship I'm using currently.
Donut Ship (tm) is UR friend.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Am I the only one a bit surprised there wasn't a Star Wars or Marvel world in this?

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018

You didn't miss anything after Corona. I'm in the same spot you are and I haven't noticed an uptick in difficulty, so you should be fine to keep going despite the disparity.

I'd hope/assume there'll be some sort of freebie DLC (like more hidden bosses, minigames, or cutscenes) and then a larger paid DLC Final Mix that adjusts the difficulty, changes character art, and adds all the extra bosses and cutscenes that FM is known for plus
assuming it doesn't happen later on in the base game anyways (I haven't finished yet) finds an excuse for Rapunzel to rejoin the party so you're not out a party member on return visits.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017

I imagine any free patches will probably be QoL additions/updates, and down the line we'll get a big DLC title update with new weapons/bosses/cutscenes/areas, etc. under the Final Mix moniker with a retail option ala FFXV Royal Edition.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
People complaining about the non Disney story stuff and I'm the opposite. Disney stuff is cool but give me more Nomura crazy story.

To each their own, like pizza king said, but yeah, the ridiculous story is one of the draws of the game for me. I'd be hard pressed to call it good, but at its best it can be massively entertaining. It's a shame some people can't find any enjoyment in it.

Frozen world time. I have a feeling this is gonna be boring as fuck, tbh.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I think there was an interview where they confirmed there wont be a new sku/season pass for the game. I kind of assume stuff like an eventual critical mode would be a free update where content that's usually found in final mix(new cutscnes, new super bosses, new side content, etc) will probably be a one time purchase dlc.

I think they learnt a lesson with the season pass model for FFXV. They ended up having a season pass...then a second season pass and other additional dlc.

If they aren't sure on their plans yet much smarter just to price individual dlc expansions.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I there any way to choose which Triangle move to use when you have like 4 on queue? Sometimes I wanna just use Fira or a form change but no, I gotta go through an attraction and a team up move first.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I there any way to choose which Triangle move to use when you have like 4 on queue? Sometimes I wanna just use Fira or a form change but no, I gotta go through an attraction and a team up move first.
I was wondering this myself. Would be good to know.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I wouldn't mind Disney having a bit more of a leeway with the crossover. Have Disney characters outside of the main three involved in the end game story with the original characters and I'd be happy.

I miss how Disney was handled in the first game at least insofar as Beast and Maleficent were handled in Hollow Bastion. I'd like more of that. Like, why not have all my Disney partners come back for the final fight? I do appreciate how the first few worlds have been integrated with the overall story this time around, though (I'm at Monsters now so I can't vouch for the rest of them).

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I'm still reeling from that ending, epilogue, and secret scene. I was prepared and still cried. Man when's the next KH?

Last edited:

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I miss how Disney was handled in the first game at least insofar as Beast and Maleficent were handled in Hollow Bastion. I'd like more of that. Like, why not have all my Disney partners come back for the final fight? I do appreciate how the first few worlds have been integrated with the overall story this time around, though (I'm at Monsters now so I can't vouch for the rest of them).
I did find it a bit funny how
Sora wished for Woody and Buzz to help in the final battle.

But yeah, Beast helping in the fight against Maleficent where she had 6 Disney Princesses and Kairi was epic. And then they put Chernabog in as the penultimate boss. That was epic and amazing, and the kind of end game Disney integration that I miss.

InternHertz

Oct 25, 2017
Brussels, Belgium
I've only tried two of the mini games but they're really easy when going for the trophies.
I also think it's not as hard I I make it out to be.
I don't think it'll be piss easy but from what I've seen, a bit of planning and actually knowing what the best course is, should be the key to this.

Anyway, today I'll take down the non minigame trophy I need and that's it. I'll take a short break from the game and come back for the minigames tomorrow instead.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Using magic with the keyblade transformed into Yo-yo's is super fun