• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 31, 2017
So am I the only one who feels like Sora's attacks are slower than in KH2? Is this something that improves later on? Probably doesn't help that I was playing Lvl.99 with almost all drive forms mastered like a month ago

Sly_Ardyn

Dec 30, 2018
Hello.

Does anyone know how I can open the elevatr door in Monstropolis in order to get Treasure Chest #8 - Thunder Cufflinks?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Hello.

Does anyone know how I can open the elevatr door in Monstropolis in order to get Treasure Chest #8 - Thunder Cufflinks?

Ride the doors until you get to the middle part of the area. You should be able to open the elevator with a reaction command. I believe they only open after you finish the world though.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The dialogue is straight-up 49839483948 times better than previous games. Like I'm actually enjoying some of these conversations and interactions??? It's weird
I feel like someone else must have written some of the material because Nomura isn't capable of being this coherent. The Tangled world scenes, in particular, sound like they could have come straight out of the movie. I'd guess they were helped by Western Disney staff.

Note I'm only talking about the specific Disney world plots, the overarching story stuff is still as cheesy and inelegantly written as ever.

Sly_Ardyn

Dec 30, 2018
Ride the doors until you get to the middle part of the area. You should be able to open the elevator with a reaction command. I believe they only open after you finish the world though.
Thank you, it's just that the guide that I am using is telling me to get it bwfore cmpleting the world because after that it becomes unaccesible.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
What's a unique treasure for the Gummi ship? Not sure what I'm supposed to do for that one.

Deleted member 4609

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like someone else must have written some of the material because Nomura isn't capable of being this coherent. The Tangled world scenes, in particular, sound like they could have come straight out of the movie. I'd guess they were helped by Western Disney staff.

Note I'm only talking about the specific Disney world plots, the overarching story stuff is still as cheesy and inelegantly written as ever.

Many of them are, straight down to the framing/blocking. Pretty much any time Sora and co disappear for a while or are in the background it's a movie scene.

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
The combat is a lot of fun though, even if the game is a tad to easy. They really need to patch in a function to turn off attractions.
Attractions are stupid because they appear wayyyyyy too often and there is literally zero risk to using them.

What I'm noticing is that the combat has nothing going for it except for offense. I got a counter ability and decided to try using it and despite standing around in front of enemies, could not get any of them to attack me more than once every 10-15 seconds, and when they did the attacks were pretty poorly telegraphed.

Offense holds the combat together for the most part until you get to a boss fight where it feels like you're just mashing into an HP sponge and the fight stagnates in about a minute and you've still got 4 left to go.

But at least (unlike KH2) this game has more going for it than just combat. Exploration is a real treat and there's tons of personality and interactivity in the environments.

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
I just got to the Tangled world, and the scene between Flynn and Rapunzel in the tower is mostly a shot-for-shot remake of the same scene from the film.

Oct 31, 2017

Maybe? I mean just in general, the dialogue has quite a few funny moments and the game pokes fun at itself/other characters quite frequently. I've only completed Hercules' world but I'm legit very impressed. I'm genuinely enjoying the cutscenes, and before this game the only cutscenes I would truly enjoy from previous games were CG ones. The rest I found boring

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Have yet to play this yet but is it true that you don't fight many Disney Villians and it's mainly only Heartless?

Nov 1, 2017
Is there a good place to get Adamantite(sp?)? I randomly got some from the Gummi Ship sections, but it took me a while. I want to destroy the last bosses with the Winnie the Pooh Keyblade.

Xarius

Oct 28, 2017
Is there a good place to get Adamantite(sp?)? I randomly got some from the Gummi Ship sections, but it took me a while. I want to destroy the last bosses with the Winnie the Pooh Keyblade.
Destroying blue rocks with the Gummi ship in the last zone should be the best way to get them. There are also a few in chests in the Caribbean, but they're probably more painful to get.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Have yet to play this yet but is it true that you don't fight many Disney Villians and it's mainly only Heartless?
Yeah. But on the flip side rather than being random heartlesses, they're the Disney villains after turning into a heartless.

Let's be real, how would a fight against someone like Mother Gothel actually work?

Alox12

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 23, 2019
Gummiship questions:

- Is A the highest rank obtainable?
- Do you have to do anything specific to find a constellation? Haven't found any yet

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah. But on the flip side rather than being random heartlesses, they're the Disney villains after turning into a heartless.

Let's be real, how would a fight against someone like Mother Gothel actually work?
She sings mother knows best in Soras face whilst he has ptsd flashbacks of "Sora, dinners ready".

The command deck does the "???,???, remember mom,???" thing.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Gummiship questions:

- Do you have to do anything specific to find a constellation? Haven't found any yet

Constellations are kind of hard to find, but once you're near them the stars are unmistakable. They're clusters of BIG glowing blue-white orbs.

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
z

KH1 had plenty of humanoid, normal sized bosses. I find those kinds of fights to be a lot more compelling than "giant blob that fills up your screen" bosses but maybe that's just me.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Any advice on what to do with the final boss?

I can't get past the part where he steals your light.

Xarius

Oct 28, 2017
Any advice on what to do with the final boss?

I can't get past the part where he steals your light.
Focus on dodging when he does the circular laser move, and dodge the laser that comes straight at you as well. When he dashes at you and attacks with his sword, guard a few times; he should be open after that. A reaction command will appear once you've hit him enough times. In case you get low on health, you can try to stall for time for Donald to heal you. Attacking him heals you a bit as well.

Oct 26, 2017
z

KH1 had plenty of humanoid, normal sized bosses. I find those kinds of fights to be a lot more compelling than "giant blob that fills up your screen" bosses but maybe that's just me.
I mean the heartless fights in this game are pretty sick, froZen one is hype af. But anyway end game is just a massive gauntlet of humanoid boss fights, like the rest of the series.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
The sound is really nice in general but why does it seem to completely drop of during combat? As soon as you start fighting nothing sounds like it has any impact or low end oomph to it. Even these crazy super moves sound pitiful really.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
z

And the worlds chosen for that game lent themselves to that. The worlds in this game? Not so much. I guess they could have pulled a Clayton and had the Disney villains fighting alongside the heartless.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Gummiship questions:

Yes, A is pretty easy once you level up a bit and get some better weapons.

Constellations are at the edges of the areas. Not sure if they are available right away but they are visible from very far away so long as there are no big obstacles in the way

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I can't help but feel a bit disappointed.

I quite liked the Disney worlds. I mean two sucked (you can guess which ones) but I enjoyed the rest. I know the stories were badly handled in almost all but whatever, I enjoyed just having all those characters I love around.

What really got to me though was the main story stuff after the Disney worlds. That was really repetitive. Dragged out fight after fight for hours with no exploration whatsoever. Completely changed my opinion on the game.

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
And the worlds chosen for that game lent themselves to that. The worlds in this game? Not so much. I guess they could have pulled a Clayton and had the Disney villains fighting alongside the heartless.
Well, a lot of the humanoid bosses in KH1 were just FF characters but my point is that it could work. Mother gothel has dark mist seething out of her, red eyes, a creepy bat-like cloak.

All I'm saying is that whether she's a giant heartless or a human sized heartless is purely a design choice. If Jafar can be a boss (yes I know the lamp fight was annoying af) then Mother Gothel can be.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I can't help but feel a bit disappointed.

I quite liked the Disney worlds. I mean two sucked (you can guess which ones) but I enjoyed the rest. I know the stories were badly handled in almost all but whatever, I enjoyed just having all those characters I love around.

What really got to me though was the main story stuff after the Disney worlds. That was really repetitive. Dragged out fight after fight for hours with no exploration whatsoever. Completely changed my opinion on the game.
What's the other world that sucked, other than Frozen?

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Man Sora's dialogue - it's so fucking bad.

"So and so would never do xyz!!!".

Bro, you've met them once for like 2 minutes. lol

The worst is in the Frozen world when Sora proclaims that Elsa would never use dark magic! - That after meeting her once for a couple minutes, and she used magic against them twice. Seriously, who writes this shit?

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Man, the Caribbean is really overstaying its welcome. I'll consider it my least favorite world because it takes me out of the normal combat the most, and I don't care about ship battles or collecting crabs.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Man Sora's dialogue - it's so fucking bad.

"So and so would never do xyz!!!".

Bro, you've met them once for like 2 minutes. lol

The worst is in the Frozen world when Sora proclaims that Elsa would never use dark magic! - That after meeting her once for a couple minutes, and she used magic against them twice. Seriously, who writes this shit?

Sora is a dumb puppy and relies almost entirely on hunches. This is the same guy who, despite having never actually seen or been to Kingdom Hearts in the first game, assumed the second he saw it that it was actually full of light, not darkness. He ended up being right, but he goes with his gut a lot.