• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
didn't get the game yet, but i heard the save file on PS4 is 600mb, just like FFXV
WTF wrong with Square? why use this huge size?

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I am tempted to just watch some recap videos and jump into this, lol.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Who/what is the narrator of the Memory Archive?

Behold, god.
300px-Chirithy_KHXBC.png

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Played 6 Hours in Today, Completed Olympics and the Toy Box and the Game is a Ton of Fun though i sometimes kinda worry that the combat system has too many gimmicks and mechanics.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Can we please nip that "Disney didn't want FF stuff in the game" speculation in the bud? I'm early on and there are tons of direct mentions to Final Fantasy, townspeople can be overheard talking about Seifer and gang, for instance, and
Cloud and Auron are shown, albeit in statue form
even just in the 6 hours I've played so far. Nomura didn't want to lean on them as hard as usual. That's all.

targethyena

Oct 27, 2017
Just started the game. Is it just me or is the voice acting quality not that good?

Edit: I mean the audio quality of the voice acting, not the voices themselves.
Yes there is some odd low pass filtering going on, especially on Jiminy Cricket and Malefecint. Almost like they were mixed entirely seperately from the other lines.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Can we please nip that "Disney didn't want FF stuff in the game" speculation in the bud? I'm early on and there are tons of direct mentions to Final Fantasy, townspeople can be overheard talking about Seifer and gang, for instance, and
even just in the 6 hours I've played so far. Nomura didn't want to lean on them as hard as usual. That's all.

You also see Cloud, Leon, Sephiroth, and even Yuna/Rikku/Paine of all people in the Dive into the Heart.

manzoman96

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I am beyond pissed. I get home from work to find out Amazon delayed my delivery until tomorrow... don't they know I have been waiting for this game for a decade!? My pre-orders been in since 2015!

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like it's too easy to overlevel so far. I haven't been doing any extra battles outside those that come across me, and I'm already few levels over the recommended one, and everything is a breeze. I'm already avoiding all attraction flows and keyblade transformations, heh.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like it's too easy to overlevel so far. I haven't been doing any extra battles outside those that come across me, and I'm already few levels over the recommended one, and everything is a breeze. I'm already avoiding all attraction flows and keyblade transformations, heh.

You could equip EXP Zero for a little while until your level normalizes.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Embrace the stat boost and abilities

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Why you take so long UPS!?

Also, i finally got all scores of classic kingdom done for the starlight keyblade. I dont know why i subjected myself to that...

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
Just beat the first world.

this is everything I wanted.

Bosses so far however have been pretty bad IMO.

But who gives a shit....KH3 IS HERE YALL

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I knew Vanitas was in the game based on the trailers, but I didn't realize (or maybe just forgot) the Unversed are in as enemies. Very cool.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
So this runs kind of bad in both graphics modes. Any settings that make it run smoother that I'm missing or is that just the current state of things? (Loving the game aside from that!)

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
The combat just get's better, and better.

My only compliant is that the attraction themes are way too OP, I just avoid using them, but some of them are just a treat to watch. This is one of the best looking games I've seen in a long time.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
First impression of the Gummi ship is one of complete love. I liked the Gummi ship in KH2 but I love this so far.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
There's also the fact that

there's a section for Dissidia toys in the Galaxy Toys area, as well as very overt references to Versus XIII throughout the world's story.

FF characters may not be in the game in the traditional sense, but the series is still very much all over this game in a lot of ways.

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My HDD was full so the game didn't download in time for me to play last night but I checked out the story so far movies this morning...I still barely remember any of this but that's part of the charm. It was kind of amuzing that they found a way to dance around using Billy Zane for the KHI stuff.

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
I'm two hours in and outside of some controls wonkiness (like falling off the auto jumps), it's fantastic. Looks great, it's fun, the first world is good and in general it just looks good.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I freaked out free falling into the forge in Olympus lol, thought I was going straight back to the base of the mountain. Never felt any of that while exploring in previous games.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
I think if there's a reason for less FF characters it would be Square's lack of confidence in the future of its brand, particularly in how there's usually lots of FFVII references, and we know the remake had its troubles. Could even be that Square don't want fans to end up complaining that KH did a FFVII fight moment better than the Remake when it comes out.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I think if there's a reason for less FF characters it would be Square's lack of confidence in the future of its brand, particularly in how there's usually lots of FFVII references, and we know the remake had its troubles. Could even be that Square don't want fans to end up complaining that KH did a FFVII fight moment better than the Remake when it comes out.

That's some serious reaching.

Darkpyro2

Oct 27, 2017
Is it just me, or is anyone else feeling a bit disappointed with the game? It starts out really awkwardly, with no real cool abilities, and and Mt Olympus is an extremely boring zone. I'm not very far into it, but it's really not living up to my expectations. It feels like more of the same, and other than the somewhat uninspired Disney Ride moves, it feels tired and uninnovative.

I hope it gets better.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I have to work until midnight, and all I can think about is going home and starting up that post game content.

I've gotta start making moves to get Ultima Weapon.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
How is performance on Xbox One "X"? I never played a KH game and this looks interesting from the streams I have watched. Just curious how it performs/looks on the "X"?

Thanks!

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
My apologies, I mean the audio quality of the voice acting. It sounds like the EQ is bad and the quality is a little low.
Oh this I actually thought to myself last night. I'm playing with a headset and when Herc or anybody would speak, it seemed muffled compared to everything else I was hearing

I freaked out free falling into the forge in Olympus lol, thought I was going straight back to the base of the mountain. Never felt any of that while exploring in previous games.

Same here. I pursed my lips pretty hard and expected the worst

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It just looks so fun to play that I am kind of like 'whatever' if I don't understand the story (never played a KH).

Serenitynow

Oct 25, 2017
I messed up using the mountain coaster when fighting the rock titan (accidentally immediately pressed "finish") and feel like I didn't get to really experience it. Will I be able to use that attraction again later in the game? I only worry because it seems more set-piecey than the other ones.