• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Diddy Kong

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone had trouble entering the Amazon pre-order code for Xbox? I'm getting a "you need to enter this code on a different page" message. I've tried redeeming on console and on Xbox.

Oct 30, 2017
Oh yes, absolutely. First 10 minutes of Proud were a bit of a shock, but you get the hang of it pretty fast. All I really need anymore is air recovery and cure and I'm good.

I keep lashing B when I get tossed thinking I'll recovery but nope. Getting a certain ability early on was nice as hell though

that Combo Survivor ability or whatever it's called. The ability reads exactly like Once More.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, you're in for a treat.

To be honest, this is probably the most I've enjoyed KH dialogue since KH1/CoM.

Yeah. There's an energy to it that was generally lacking in KH2 and almost constantly lacking in BBS. I don't know if they got a new voice director or if Nomura and the cutscene directors just put WAY more effort into trying to avoid awkward anime pauses.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit Olympus was so good. If the rest of the worlds are half as good then this game is going to be the best.

I'm tempted to go back and search for treasure chests and hidden Mickey symbols but I'm not sure what to do with the red and green box and for all I know there's a chest or something inside it.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit Olympus was so good. If the rest of the worlds are half as good then this game is going to be the best.

I'm tempted to go back and search for treasure chests and hidden Mickey symbols but I'm not sure what to do with the red and green box and for all I know there's a chest or something inside it.

Jump off of the top of the area and slam it from above. There's an item in there, but it's not particularly special.

Also, if you can, look around until you find Hephaestus' Forge.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So is there a difference between Second Form and Second Form M you get with the Midnight Blue(preorder) Keyblade.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone else who's finished the first world tell me...

Did you get access to Hercules' team attack before you finished the area? It never popped up for me ONCE but now that I left and went back it seems to proc in almost every single battle.

So is there a difference between Second Form and Second Form M you get with the Midnight Blue(preorder) Keyblade.

Different hit sparks, different Shot Locks, and a different Ultimate Finisher.

Sly_Ardyn

Dec 30, 2018
Hello.

I just finished the first world (Disney world, which was Olympus). Here are my impressions:

+ Loved the idle trailer that plays orchestral Don't Think Twice

+ Loved the Dive to Heart segment that was reminiscent to the very first KINGDOM HEARTS. There was so much detail to the level of Sora's portrait being hand-drawn, and not the new 3D render we got.

- The transition between the Dive to Heart and the Sora and Yen Sid cutscene was too fast.

+ LOL @ KH II.9 xD

* My gripe with Olympus is that there's a lot going on, and too fast, but I kinda get the purpose of this, seeing as how this is pretty much based on the movie's finale.

+ I loved the NPC saving segment. We actually get to interact with in-film characters reacting to the in-film threat, which in this case were Heartless.

* Speaking of the Heartless, Maleficent said she didn't summon them, and Hades said he was doing things his way without the Heartless. Maybe someone else interfered and got them there, or they got there on their own?

+ Speaking of the Heartless, I loved every Heartless' design in this world.

+ Speaking of Maleficent, I am liking her role right now, and I wonder if the black robe that told her about the Black Box was Xigbar. Speaking of which, does this confirm that the Book of Prophecies is the thing inside the Box?

- I also don't like that the gameplay mechanics are thrown into you right out of the bat. And I say this specifically for Attraction Flows. They should have left them to be introduced during the Rock Titan boss fight, seeing as how the scope of that fight needed that.

---

Overall, I am very much enjoying the game! :D

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017

Did you get access to Hercules' team attack before you finished the area? It never popped up for me ONCE but now that I left and went back it seems to proc in almost every single battle.

Different hit sparks, different Shot Locks, and a different Ultimate Finisher.
As soon as he joined, actually.

I think Midnight Blue's ultimate finisher is still Ars Arcanum like the regular Second Form, though.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I did. It activated a few times, usually when Herc got surrounded by enemies.

Arsic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So what's the overall consensus here? I got to play for two hours last night and for some reason it wasn't grabbing me like I thought it would. The voice acting and dialogue is not the best, presentation of the dialogue is really lacking, the combat on normal plays itself, but it is a visually good-looking game with a good soundtrack so far.

It felt like a PlayStation 2 game with PlayStation 4 visuals. It wasn't a good nostalgia trip either, but more of a relic.

Dajanksta

Oct 28, 2017
So what's the overall consensus here? I got to play for two hours last night and for some reason it wasn't grabbing me like I thought it would. The voice acting and dialogue is not the best, presentation of the dialogue is really lacking, the combat on normal plays itself, but it is a visually good-looking game with a good soundtrack so far.

It felt like a PlayStation 2 game with PlayStation 4 visuals. It wasn't a good nostalgia trip either, but more of a relic.
From what I've seen the consensus here has been the opposite of what you posted. lol. Maybe it will grow on you. If you're a fan I hope so at least.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

I would recommend playing it on Proud. Normal is just too easy. Beyond that I think the voice acting and dialogue are a massive improvement over 2, and the cutscenes look great.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017

I felt the dialogue was charming and I'm loving how it feels on Proud.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
I'm loving the game A L O T! Cutscenes are great and so is the voice acting. Also the gameplay is just what I hoped for

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
My biggest complaint so far: Nomura needs to stop locking Aerial Recovery behind progression. I instinctively hit Square to recover out of hitstun and my inability to do so tends to get me hit by follow-up attacks more often than not.

Just let us start with it. Please.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Oh thank god I can go with normal then

Just to put my two cents in, just beat the secret boss on normal mode on my first try and didn't have to use a kupo coin, so far I've never died at any point in the game and I did all of the post-game stuff

Edit: is the secret ending out in Japan? Just saw the epilogue but I'm afraid to go in the spoiler thread since I want to watch the ending for myself on my game

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Just to put my two cents in, just beat the secret boss on normal mode on my first try and didn't have to use a kupo coin, so far I've never died at any point in the game and I did all of the post-game stuff

Edit: is the secret ending out in Japan? Just saw the epilogue but I'm afraid to go in the spoiler thread since I want to watch the ending for myself on my game
secret ending is coming out on the 31st for Japan as well.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
My biggest complaint so far: Nomura needs to stop locking Aerial Recovery behind progression. I instinctively hit Square to recover out of hitstun and my inability to do so tends to get me hit by follow-up attacks more often than not.

Just let us start with it. Please.
I got used to doing it so I'm doing the same mistake. Why the hell cant we just start with it?!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

dimasok

Banned
Sep 9, 2018

It is a PS2 game in PS4 package so you are not wrong there. Its a relic of the past and everything is super familiar so its simplistic and fun. I didnt enjoy the visual style however. Its too "unrealy" with too much sheen and plasticity. Wish they stuck to the old styles. Oh and fps sucks.

Other than that its just as fun as I remember.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Oh wow, disabling supersampling on the Pro really does help even out the framerate. I'm hanging around 60fps a lot more often now, good shit.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
im actually kinda sad we didn't get to fight Hades again. He's usually one of my favorite bosses

I get that, but I also like the fact that they teased it and then deliberately swerved it, because Hades IS genre-savvy enough to know how it would go and not want to bother with it. Especially with Zeus standing right there.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany

It has some really bad step backs in comparison to what they did in the last handheld titles. Like why the fuck do I have to find maps again when they eliminated this useless shit in DDD. Useless why? Because they give you the maps right besides the first save spot at the start of an area, so what's the f'n point?

Or why can't I look at the full map and only have the minimap? I had a full map in DDD so wtf square?

dimasok

Banned
Sep 9, 2018
It has some really bad step backs in comparison to what they did in the last handheld titles. Like why the fuck do I have to find maps again when they eliminated this useless shit in DDD. Useless why? Because they give you the maps right besides the first save spot at the start of an area, so what's the f'n point?

Or why can I look at the full map and only have the minimap? I had a full map in DDD so wtf square?

Nomura man lol
I agree.

Oct 30, 2017
I get that, but I also like the fact that they teased it and then deliberately swerved it, because Hades IS genre-savvy enough to know how it would go and not want to bother with it. Especially with Zeus standing right there.

Oh definitely! His cutscenes were absolutely hilarious and really nailed the Hades from the movies way moreso than any of ten previous games did.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
As someone who's somehow managed to not play any Kingdom Hearts game to date over the years, my ability to resist the hype this time is non existent. Bought, ready for this evening. I'm prepared to be completely confused but hopefully enjoy things along the way.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who's somehow managed to not play any Kingdom Hearts game to date over the years, my ability to resist the hype this time is non existent. Bought, ready for this evening. I'm prepared to be completely confused but hopefully enjoy things along the way.

Ping me if you have any questions about mechanics or lore. I'll be happy to help out.