• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
BTW: for those who haven't played around much with it or who didn't get any of the preorder keyblades, you can actually stock Form Changes and Finishers by switching Keyblades. If you're using Starlight and hit Second Form S, you can then switch to the Kingdom Key and the timer for Starlight's form change won't deplete. It's a great way to keep a powerful move in your back pocket for emergencies.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
BTW: for those who haven't played around much with it or who didn't get any of the preorder keyblades, you can actually stock Form Changes and Finishers by switching Keyblades. If you're using Starlight and hit Second Form S, you can then switch to the Kingdom Key and the timer for Starlight's form change won't deplete. It's a great way to keep a powerful move in your back pocket for emergencies.
Im using the Phantom Green is it any good?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
My copy is definitely displaying above 1080p.

Well, then super sampling is broken because it definitely, 100% doesn't super sample.
You would notice that in a direct screenshot comparison and if it's only in extrem zoom, but you would see sharper and clearer outlines and pixels, but a comparison shows there is no difference at all.

Also, the box says nothing about higher res.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
I was visibly upset when that incredible CGI scene started playing, I thought Square snuck an ad of one of their shitty mobile games (with a Riku cameo) into KH3 loading screens lmao.

I love Nomura's attention to detail.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
Is it just me or are the attraction flow things horribly useless? tea cups one is kinda decent, but that's about it...

Jktpnymonorel

Banned
Jan 19, 2018
impression after finishing olympus (on proud)

This game is insanity, when I thought things couldn't get any better..... we get in to the gummy ship.
Too bad I am old now, thusI found the dialogue to be too cartoony . 12 Years old me would think this is a perfect game

super fucking hype.

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
Keyblade swapping is neat
c6BB9ST.gif

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Played through the first world last night, got up to the first Gummi Ship world, having a blast so far. Good to be back with Sora and the boizzz.

Can I just say for all the talk about this game not being super accessible to casual or non-fans, actually starting (more or less) in a Disney world is brilliant? I've known several people who tried giving the KH games a shot, but couldn't get into them because you spend the first few hours screwing around as some random kids.

Here at least someone who's not familiar with the series can dive in and within twenty minutes be like

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Surprised by how well the flowmotion running up and sideways on walls pairs with aerial combat - like, Sora is really good about reattaching himself and allowing you to comfortably maneuver around the fight.

The combat in this game in general will iterate super well imo (I want it to be tighter and faster on the whole, but it's not bad by any means).

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Your last hit when the 3 bar charged up basically determines the transformation you get. For example if you have toy story keyblade and are currently in the hammer transformation, you can switch to other keyblade and attack to fill up the bar, and once it reaches 3 bars you can change it back to toy story keyblade and attack and you will get the drill transformation.
This can be useful when you have keyblade with double transformation and you are running out of time during the first transformation going into the second transformation.

Seganomics

Oct 29, 2017

It's not the cleanest I've seen on X.
Well, then super sampling is broken because it definitely, 100% doesn't super sample.
You would notice that in a direct screenshot comparison and if it's only in extrem zoom, but you would see sharper and clearer outlines and pixels, but a comparison shows there is no difference at all.

Also, the box says nothing about higher res.

I'm still confused. Are you suggesting KH3 running on x on a 4K TV is outputting at 1080p?

Deleted member 15395

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Questions for those who have played it:

Are there any Final Fantasy characters, at all in the game? I don't remember seeing even one on the trailers.

Does the game have dual audio by any chance?

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Questions for those who have played it:

Are there any Final Fantasy characters, at all in the game? I don't remember seeing even one on the trailers.

Does the game have dual audio by any chance?

There are some references, but none that actually appear.

No dual audio for what I know.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I was visibly upset when that incredible CGI scene started playing, I thought Square snuck an ad of one of their shitty mobile games (with a Riku cameo) into KH3 loading screens lmao.

I love Nomura's attention to detail.
I loved this so much! Got some FF Versus XIII vibes from it too. I'll take it as FFXVI tbh.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I'm still confused. Are you suggesting KH3 running on x on a 4K TV is outputting at 1080p?

I don't know, I don't have a 4K TV. I can only work with what I see on my TV and the 2 X modes the game gives me and on my 1080p TV the 2 graphic modes have zero differences, it has jaggies like hell in both and super sampling isn't working, because if it would, it would eliminate a lot of jaggies and makes the picture better but like I said, you can't even see any difference at all in a screenshot comparison and if there would be a resolution change with the 2 modes, there would be a noticable difference. At least in the background on clearer pixel and outlines.
So it either has broken super sampling, no higher res at all, or it has higher res but both modes on the X have no res changes so the 60fps and 30fps mode use the same resolution, that could also be a possibility.

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
i was thinking about my time played last night, and the game looks so good that it almost just looks weird (if that even makes sense)

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
I found the Snuggly Duckling but urg, it's in the background of an unreachable area :(

Diablos54

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like my copy isn't coming till tomorrow... Now I have to look around and hope I can find a good deal somewhere

Seganomics

Oct 29, 2017
Or it has higher res bit both modes on the X have no res changes so the 60fps and 30fps mode use the same resolution, that could also be a possibility.

I think this is the case. The alternative mode only offered a locked 30fps from what I could tell from my brief time using it. Image quality appeared identical. That's why I stuck with the default mode.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
It feels like my high school self has been reborn. Watching new Dragon Ball episodes on Toonami and playing a new Kingdom Hearts. What a time to be alive.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Pirates world was okay, I'd prepared for the worst after some of the early impressions. Though it definitely felt like a world where they spent most of the time on the ship gameplay since it's pretty sparse compared to the other Disney worlds, fantastic battle theme though.
DfOQlmf.gif

Athletic flow is pretty nice. I should remind myself to use it more often.
I didn't even realise it was a thing you could do until the frozen world, definitely started using it a lot once I realised though.

BDrummer1606

Oct 27, 2017
This is going to be the longest day of work ever knowing my deluxe edition is sitting at my front door. So excited to get home and let the nostalgia wash over me.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
So jealous that I can't play. I don't think I'll have an opportunity until the weekend.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is a spoiler I'm willing to ask for

Does anyone know if the colosseum is returning for kingdom hearts 3?

Deleted member 32804

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Hey folks, I have only played KH1 and COM (PS2). And only a small part of KH2. I'm looking at the All in One Package on PSN (1.5 + 2.5 + 2.8 + KH3) for $100. Would this be a good value bundle? I'm supposed to be saving but I'm really tempted lol. KH1 was a major game personally during teenage years.

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
i keep seeing what looks like little figures of herc lying around olympus. i don't think i can interact with them, but last night one just took off running. are those significant?

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Hey folks, I have only played KH1 and COM (PS2). And only a small part of KH2. I'm looking at the All in One Package on PSN (1.5 + 2.5 + 2.8 + KH3) for $100. Would this be a good value bundle? I'm supposed to be saving but I'm really tempted lol. KH1 was a major game personally during teenage years.

I'd say, but if you're not playing 3 just yet, I'd probably go physical instead, and get this one when it's cheaper.