• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tiamant

Oct 28, 2017
Man, they dropped the ball with the new boss themes big time. No energy, no punch, just a flat melody all around.

The Toy Story battle theme is dope tho.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
so is this style of gummi ship something that was in games other than 1 and 2?

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Playing DDD right before this was a mistake lol

Whenever I use flowmotion I instinctively go for the FlowMotion Jump attack from DDD. And this game doesn't seem to have it?

300px-Shock_Dive_KH3D.gif

Please tell me you unlock it later

Damn muscle memory

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Oh an Update!

Is this updates containing the X enhancements? Cause the current version doesn't have none. 🤷‍♂️ Seriously, the stabilization mode only does what it saysy it only caps the frame rate, that's literally the only thing it does, zero graphical improvements, including zero anti aliasing and even super sampling does nothing, not even in the closest 300% zoom details, like it doesn't even have more than 1080p, direct overlay comparisons also show zero differences.
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/128921
The box also only has an X enhanced logo but nothing about 4K, which is odd. I'm pretty sure right now it only has 1080p.

They also should fix the ridiculous broken 60fps mode (or the 30fps stutters).

Last edited:

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
The lack of control options are baffling. Does anyone else think they should include an option for:

Square: Attack
Circle: Dodge
X: Jump

No matter how long I play this series, Circle as jump just doesn't click. I know it's a Japanese game, but at least give the option.

mouzone

Oct 30, 2017
The lack of control options are baffling. Does anyone else think they should include an option for:

Square: Attack
Circle: Dodge
X: Jump

No matter how long I play this series, Cirlce as jump just doesn't click. I know it's a Japanese game, but at least give the option.
Because X is seen as 'select' here, to select the command. It just happens to be that Attack is the default command.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Only an hour in and have to go to work

-Game looks beautiful
-quality to life changes in combat feel amazing
-actual tutorials for once

Cons
-Haley Joel....should have recasted him, he sounds fucking awful.

Clocian

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 23, 2018
alright. almost 8 hours in. mad tired. just completed toy box. glad I have off until friday. back at it assoon as I wake.

Deleted member 48828

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 21, 2018
Just got my copy from Japan tonight. After putting in 4 hours, I can say:

-The presentation is sublime. Characters look great, cutscene animations are great, the worlds look great, everything is a joy to watch.
-Gameplay isn't like KH2 at all, but it's still very fun to play. The first boss makes that very clear.
You fight Darkside, and you can basically start hitting him just by jumping and spamming attack. The floatyness gives Sora a TON of air time.
-Keyblade switching is awesome, and finally lets me feel at ease choosing magic-focused blades.
-Worlds are seamless and it feels great. Twilight town feels much more detailed and populated, old worlds just feel awesome to explore with no loading gates.
-Speaking of worlds, they've scaled down the mega worlds of DDD but kept them feeling huge and explorable by giving Sora the ability to wall run up certain walls. It's super fun.
-The story starts on a suprisingly casual note, and feels exactly like a Nomura story, for better or worse (I'm personally enjoying it a lot).

Cons would be:
-the framerate isn't steady, and that takes getting used to. Some areas are silky smooth, others struggle to keep up for seemingly no reason and it's noticeable. You get used to it, but it's there. Playing on a base PS4.
-The tutorial screens are a bit heavy handed.
-Attractions are really powerful, super easy to activate and make you invincible. A bit OP for my taste, plus they play Traverse Town's battle theme over the world's battle theme for some reason. :(
-I'm on proud mode and I've only died once, during the second phase of a boss. I'm assuming the rest of the game won't be very difficult at this rate.

It definitely feels like a game worthy of the KH3 mantle, just don't go into it looking for a successor to KH2's excellent battle system.

Oct 25, 2017
Playing with the xbox elite controller is amazing. Currently set one paddle to d-pad down and one for right to switch keyblades. I might even go for 4 paddles to include jump and dodge but i like to limit it to 2 paddles lol

Alox12

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 23, 2019
I still don't have my copy and got my first story spoiler (a heavy one). I hope it's false but seems stupid enough to be true.

The wait is gonna be so painful

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Playing DDD right before this was a mistake lol

Whenever I use flowmotion I instinctively go for the FlowMotion Jump attack from DDD. And this game doesn't seem to have it?

300px-Shock_Dive_KH3D.gif

Please tell me you unlock it later

Damn muscle memory
There's a version of it without the big AoE that you can do from the start but it felt weird to pull off as you don't have the flowmotion jump until later. I've also not encountered an upgraded version of the move or anything.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
I'm enjoying the game but have no idea what the hell is going on for the most part. I remember stuff from KH 1-2 but everything else is just convoluted jrpg nonsense. I know that's not some new take or anything. At least the Disney worlds are nice. Also, the dialogue has this weird flow to it that makes a lot of the interactions with each of the characters super weird. Count me in with the crowd that thinks the series would have benefited from a more simpler story. Hell, the first game was pretty much that. Idk, lets see how all of this plays out towards the end, lol.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
Xbox players, if the update is stuck on 3% and says ready to start, go ahead and play.

Seganomics

Oct 29, 2017
Oh an Update!

Is this updates containing the X enhancements? Cause the current version doesn't have none. 🤷‍♂️ Seriously, the stabilization mode only does what it saysy it only caps the frame rate, that's literally the only thing it does, zero graphical improvements, including zero anti aliasing and even super sampling does nothing, not even in the closest 300% zoom details, like it doesn't even have more than 1080p, direct overlay comparisons also show zero differences.
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/128921
The box also only has an X enhanced logo but nothing about 4K, which is odd. I'm pretty sure right now it only has 1080p.

They also should fix the ridiculous broken 60fps mode (or the 30fps stutters).

No X enhancements? You serious? I'm playing on X and if the game looks and plays like this on base X1 then hats off to SE.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
So i just received the new patch. Should i wait until the patch is finished? Or can i just play the game? I dont want to miss a thing with the new patch though

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
No X enhancements? You serious? I'm playing on X and if the game looks and plays like this on base X1 then hats off to SE.

"No X enhancements" in relation to the two modes you can choose from. They have zero differences and super sampling doesn't do anything, not even in 300% zoom detail, like it only has 1080p.

Also that the game has absolute no anti aliasing absolute destroys the optics in some places like here where it just looks awful:

Jaggies absolute everywhere, even in the f'n menu portraits.
(You can also see micro stutters everywhere)

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Can you get all the lucky marks on your first visit to places? Still got like 3 left in twilight town and can't find them anywhere.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Amazon saysit will be delivered tonight. I tracked it through USPS and it says it will be delivered on Saturday. Who do I believe? Amazon or USPS will not delay me from playing this game.

Seganomics

Oct 29, 2017
"No X enhancements" in relation to the two modes you can choose from. They has zero differences and super sampling doesn't do anything, not even in 300% zoom detail, like it only has 1080p.

Also that the game has absolute no anti aliasing absolute destroys the optics in some places like here where it just looks awful:

My copy is definitely displaying above 1080p.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Amazon saysit will be delivered tonight. I tracked it through USPS and it says it will be delivered on Saturday. Who do I believe? Amazon or USPS will not delay me from playing this game.

Could go either way, I've had stuff from USPS say it was going to be delivered a day later but then checking later it's out for delivery for the same day *shrug*

Dajanksta

Oct 28, 2017
Went to bed last night without playing because I had to be up for work this morning. Woke up a few hours early and just laid in bed thinking about the game lol. Finally fell asleep again. 12 more hours to go.