• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Feb 5, 2018
Anyone know if bestbuy is reliable with delivering games Tuesdays on time? Have mine preordered but it still hasnt changed and we have 2 days to go (i know its Sunday here, just wondering other peoples experiences)

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm most disappointed we didn't get a Princess & the Frog or Moana world, just for some different representation.

Hell, imagine running around during Dia de los Muertos in a Coco world.

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017
are you upgrading your keyblades? Does it make a lot of difference?
Yes. I'm upgrading them, they do become stronger but I can't say if its notably much or not. The extra abilities is nice though. I also eat food to increase my stats a bit too so that might help a bit too. I feel like if you don't increase your stats with items you're just doing yourself a disservice at this point.

Yesterday I was seeing Bizkit trying his hand at lvl 1 Proud, let's just say, he was not enjoying himself haha

But I'm not sure he took the strength and magic boosts, what I got from it was that some heartless encounters just seemed to drag on forever
Yeah, some encounters takes quite some time, but I feel like it more because of the amount of enemies on the screen than them individually. But as I said earlier, just some more damage output overall would do wonders to level 1 playthroughs.

kayos90

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling this game is going to get a few QoL upgrades and content updates over the period of next year.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yes. I'm upgrading them, they do become stronger but I can't say if its notably much or not. The extra abilities is nice though. I also eat food to increase my stats a bit too so that might help a bit too. I feel like if you don't increase your stats with items you're just doing yourself a disservice at this point.

Yeah, some encounters takes quite some time, but I feel like it more because of the amount of enemies on the screen than them individually. But as I said earlier, just some more damage output overall would do wonders to level 1 playthroughs.
Yeah I hope that ends up happening...

In my dreams, they are going to be taking close attention to player's feedback when the game releases about gameplay, and tunning it all to release a really good critical mode, and that is where Lvl 1 runs and difficulty will shine.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
No critical mode? WTF? O.O
Guess I'll just play on proud then and not do any replays until the expansion.

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Agreed about attractions and links being shit. Links seem like a full on waste of meter. Attractions is just spam and brings down the potentially good combat. Wish you could disable them.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry mate. No Sephiroth.
There are stuff to do after the game but especially the battle stuff are not as good as KH2's
There are 14 battle gates.
These things are challenges similar to the old Colosseum cups.It either contains tougher versions of enemies you encountered in the game or tougher versions of heartless bosses you fought before.
The very last battle gate contains a secret boss which is a
a unique heartless which fights like a human
This is it for battle content, we don't know yet if there is anything else hidded but I doubt it, so keep you expectations in check about this.
Oh..and of course not Sephiroth :P
Thanks for answering my question, btw. REALLY disappointed regarding that spoiler.

Why would they leave out Cloud and Sephiroth?? I get not wanting to do the entire Hollow Bastion world, but COME ON! I mean not even a cameo from some of these characters? I hope thats something they are planning on adding in the future with some sort of dlc or something.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I mean the lack of Critical mode confirms they are doing a Final Mix type of expansion in the future so Im ok with it

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
yeah honestly I would rather they take time to carefully craft good critical mode than putting shitty broken version at launch like their last few games.

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
Thanks for answering my question, btw. REALLY disappointed regarding that spoiler.

Why would they leave out Cloud and Sephiroth?? I get not wanting to do the entire Hollow Bastion world, but COME ON! I mean not even a cameo from some of these characters? I hope thats something they are planning on adding in the future with some sort of dlc or something.

Actually
There is a Cloud and Auron statue in the first world in Olympus

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone know if this game is like, actually good for kids? Like the story is absolute nuts and stuff, but is it all Disney level age appropriate for all?

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
Winnie the Pooh world is extremely short. They probably didn't have time/resources for another huge Disney world so they just put a minigame world and Winnie the Pooh fits in well I guess.
You act like Winnie Pooh has never been the Minigame world.
It's just been what? 3 and a half games?
BBS just had the board.

NegativeCero

Oct 28, 2017
I watched a story summary video and I still kinda wanna play the collection before this. Someone save me from my bad choices.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if this game is like, actually good for kids? Like the story is absolute nuts and stuff, but is it all Disney level age appropriate for all?

A good chunk of us were 9-10 when the first game came out.

It's a game with Disney characters in it. Disney wouldn't allow it to happen if it wasn't suitable for children.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Excited to finally jump into this series. Pre-ordered the game today and so pumped to see what the hype has been about :)

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Anyone know if bestbuy is reliable with delivering games Tuesdays on time? Have mine preordered but it still hasnt changed and we have 2 days to go (i know its Sunday here, just wondering other peoples experiences)

I use them for most orders, I think they only were late once (with my FE: Warriors deluxe edition). Mine hasn't shipped yet, just preparing. They were on time for BOTW, Odyssey, Lady Layton, Smash, assorted Amiibo, etc. Hopefully it's ok.
I guess all those were Friday releases though...

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Finally got to listen to that
baller ass Forze Del Male/L'Impeto Oscuro/Darkness of the Unknown medley. The trend of Darkness of the Unknown comically overshadowing any other theme it's in a medley with holds strong, I see.

Also, anyone out there ever run into that

Einhander boss

yet?

the_bromo_tachi

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Japan
How many worlds are there? I'm currently at
the frozen world. So far, I really liked Tangled's world.

Also, coming from RE2, the loading times in this game is pretty bad...

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
When is the preload on Ps4 available for Digital Download? (Just worried about spoilers so I haven't been reading the thread, sorry if it has been asked!!)