• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017
I enjoyed it, but I would've enjoyed it far more if you weren't forced to switch characters. It would have been much better to only switch characters at will and not be forced to switch every 20 mins.
They don't explain it well but you can control it a fair degree, to the point where it's trivialized. The items "Drop-Me-Not" and "Drop-Me-Never" can be bought cheap and fill your drop meter, then you can drop at any time from the menu. You can also get the Drop Decelerator perk between drops too.

Last edited:

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
They don't explain it well but you can control it a fair degree. The items "Drop-Me-Not" and "Drop-Me-Never" can be bought cheap and fill your drop meter, then you can drop at time from the menu.

Forreal. One of the biggest criticism I hear for Dream Drop Distance is the drop mechanic....that you can totally buy your way out of even as early as the first world.

Mario Bilo

trying to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Spirits are so much worse. By far the worst part of the game.
Yeah, and having commands locked behind them was infuriating. ReCoded did it right when it comes to building on BBS.

Also the story was honestly filler until like last hour. I would have preferred BBS Volume 2 as teased in BBS.

PurgeVIII

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
United States
When are the reviews up?
1/24 10 AM EST
EDIT: This seems to be incorrect information based off something that Opencritic previously posted. The confirmed review date/time has not been confirmed.
Ahhhh, I hope there's a new rendition of Enter The Darkness/Unbreakable Chains.
You'll be quite happy
white_smiling_face_u263A_icon_256x256.png

Last edited:

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
I'm so sorry for asking, I'm sure it has been asked a million times.

If I purchase this one PS4 digitally right now, will I be able to preload it now? For some reason it says launch date is 1-29... but everywhere else says 1-25. Any ideas?

Thank youuu

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017

If I purchase this one PS4 digitally right now, will I be able to preload it now? For some reason it says launch date is 1-29... but everywhere else says 1-25. Any ideas?

Thank youuu

1-25 in japan, 1-29 in west.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Thank youuu

Launch date for Japan is the 25th

Rest of world is 29th

Rest of world pre-load isn't up yet

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
I know strategy guides are not nearly as much of a thing these days as they were, but I'm surprised there isn't one for this game. Seems like the sort of thing that would actually sell these days.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
- Lock down review copies because "leaks"

- Release the game four days early/late in different regions of the world

Solid logic

Oct 25, 2017
From what I gathered, the biggest media outlets/YouTubers received the game yesterday or two days ago, that's why I'm not expecting the reviews to drop today but Saturday/Monday. Still, I'll keep an eye out today because anything is possible at this point (and it would make sense as the game releases tomorrow in Japan).

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
- Lock down review copies because "leaks"

- Release the game four days early/late in different regions of the world

Solid logic
Yeah, we at KHInsider are a bit confused as to why Square Enix has locked down reviews (including omitting us and other fan sites) but are getting the game out to people before Japan's launch.

rumplestilts

May 30, 2018
Having never played any KH game, I'm weirdly curious about this installment. I just don't know if I have the gumption to go through the primer videos. All the story stuff seems so impenetrable, but the new game looks neat enough that I might just be able to power through.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
SE is probably going to hold off on reviews until the US release date for whatever reason. It would be messed up if they shut down streams and vids tomorrow.

Jurec84

Oct 27, 2017
I saw people from different outlets talking on TW they will not make the emabrgo since SE sent copies out so late. So it seems the embargo is set for today, as thought earlier. It's just that we probably won't get to see a lot of reviews in time for it.

Elephant

Nov 2, 2017
Nottingham, UK
It's been 17 years since KH1 and 13 years since KH2. I played and completed both of them in their release years and have not played them since. This is going to be a ride.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
I can't believe tonight i'll be playing this. It feels unreal.

Thank youuu
I'm not 100% sure on this but I think the pre-load for English should be up two days prior to its release. It's about 37gb (plus a day one patch that's around 2gb) judging from the Japanese version.

Newman96

Oct 27, 2017
Both Simplygames and The Game Collection have been told they can't ship it till Monday, damn you Square!

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Nomura confirmed that the secret ending requirement will be amount of mickey symbols you find in the world.
This is the only requirement.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
Oh man Nomura is definitely pissed off at the leaks.

Said he's considering delaying the disk versions of games if possible in the future.

Nomura incredibly annoyed at KH3 leak he is reconsidering about worldwide release of the games he is involved in the future, at least for the disc version.
Courtesy of Xenosaga

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Said he's considering delaying the disk versions of games if possible in the future.

Courtesy of Xenosaga
Can;t say I blame him. Of course I doubt retailers would allow that as they'd probably refuse to stock the game altogether.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
this week's famitsu already out and curiously kh3 isn't reviewed yet

Noticed this in the letters section of metro gamecentral today:

OK, now the Resident Evil 2 review is out and about we gotta know when the Kingdom Hearts III reviews are going up! Can you spill the tea on when to expect it, GC?

GC: Square Enix refused to send us a copy on time, so ours won't be until next week. You can read into that what you will.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/24/game...silent-hill-remake-ace-combat-7-love-8383414/

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017

Courtesy of Xenosaga

Nomura can get as much angry as he wants, SE will print disc regardless. Also recosidering WW release date? How would that even help? If Japan gets it early it will spoiled for the rest of the world anyway.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
I'm beginning to suspect maybe the review copys being delayed may have been to avoid leaks, but ultimately people got early copys/stocks anyway so leaks happened anyway (in the West) and are all over the internet anyway. That might be why Nomura wants to delay a disk release in the West in the future, to avoid them I guess.

It's very similar to those Nintendo situations where a game leaked early and they went much more stricter on releases.
Nomura can get as much angry as he wants, SE will print disc regardless. Also recosidering WW release date? How would that even help? If Japan gets it early it will spoiled for the rest of the world anyway.
Yeah they wouldn't go that far as long as Nomura has been with the company.

I guess we could get a less closer release to Japan, but they wouldn't delay the disks and leave it digital only for a few days.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
I'm beginning to suspect maybe the review copys being delayed may have been to avoid leaks, but ultimately people got early copys/stocks anyway so leaks happened anyway (in the West) and are all over the internet anyway. That might be why Nomura wants to delay a disk release in the West in the future, to avoid them I guess.

It's very similar to those Nintendo situations where a game leaked early and they went much more stricter on releases.

Not having disc release or whatever is unrealistic, SE should tight the distribution and send them only to big/trusted chains. That's what I think Rockstar did with RDR2.