• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, but I'm not sure if I want to replay it already. I'll probably wait until more content releases.

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the combat will actually be good now, cause damn it was easy as hell even on proud. Really messed with my enjoyment of the game.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
That's cool. I won't play it myself until we get some sort of Final Mix version but I'm definitely going to keep an eye out for impressions.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Y'all do remember this game went gold on November 20th, right? They've had almost half a year of work on this.

Disclaimer: This is not a prediction of quality

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
When I platinum'd the game I put the game down as I wasn't gonna pick it up again until critical mode came out even though I loved playing the game. Now crit is coming out so I'll play it again then again when the dlc comes out.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
For folks who don't know the co-director said this mode would have some more abilities, so it's gonna be interesting to see just how much it changes up the gameplay this time around.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
I've put the game down since I beat it so I could play through this again, phew.

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
Excited!
From the interviews and the extra time they've taken to work on it, I have pretty high expectations. Hope it also comes with some other stuff like the ability to disable attraction flow.

Feb 12, 2019
Bleh, I just started the game last week, and I've already put 10 hours into it. The combat being mind-numbingly easy, even on Proud, is probably my biggest complaint right now, so... maybe I'll restart if I hear good things.

On the other hand, unless they're making it so something fundamentally changes about getting a screen-clearing ability by pressing triangle every 30 seconds, I'm not entirely sure what they could do to make it meaningfully harder.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Cannon? I am playing critical mode in KH1 and you are glass but not a cannon.
Kingdom hearts 1? There is no critical mode in that, only expert and then proud. Those are just 'harder' modes, not a total rebalance. Critical mode started in Kingdom Hearts II, where you do 1.25x damage but take 2x damage and your health is lower, but you get more abilities earlier on. Many call the critical mode in KH2 to be the best action game on ps2 thats not Devil May Cry.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
Bleh, I just started the game last week, and I've already put 10 hours into it. The combat being mind-numbingly easy, even on Proud, is probably my biggest complaint right now, so... maybe I'll restart if I hear good things.

On the other hand, unless they're making it so something fundamentally changes about getting a screen-clearing ability by pressing triangle every 30 seconds, I'm not entirely sure what they could do to make it meaningfully harder.
The interviews seem to imply they did go the extra mile to change how you're fundamentally forced to play the game. It'll be very interesting to see how they've handled that.

hans_castorp

Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious about those new abilities they mentioned. And i hope it doesn't become "spam magnet/ballon" the game. .

cnorwood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
KH1's top difficulty is Proud mode.
KH2 critical increases the damage you deal and starts you off with a ton of AP and a bunch of significant abilities.
Kingdom hearts 1? There is no critical mode in that, only expert and then proud. Those are just 'harder' modes, not a total rebalance. Critical mode started in Kingdom Hearts II, where you do 1.25x damage but take 2x damage and your health is lower, but you get more abilities earlier on. Many call the critical mode in KH2 to be the best action game on ps2 thats not Devil May Cry.
Oh, yeah. Sorry I am just mad at the BS in proud mode in KH1.

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder, this is what they've said so far about it
I2YaOmq.png

Zff7p8b.png

oL6TCiU.png

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
I don't have the biggest hopes for Critical mode, but I really hope it ends up being harder than KH2.

Either way, reactions will be fun the next couple of days.

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
This is out of nowhere. I eagerly await impressions from people who try it out. I will personally be waiting for all the DLC and updates to be out before doing a replay.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hoping there's an achievement tied to it. Might wait for more content to be added if not.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
I am so curious how they're going to handle
Luxord. Will his cards be immune to thunder? Will Marly and Larxene stay on the field when we find him? Will he get like 10 HP bars? Will he get a new mini-game completely?
I can't wait to rush this tomorrow. I'm so excited.

Geode

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
I want enemies to do 3x the damage, have 3x the health, and can't be stunned. Also, I want it take more exp to level up to the next level and attraction flow to use all your focus meter when you use it. Sora should have half the HP and MP.

LAM09

Oct 25, 2017
Been waiting for Sekiro and KH 3 patches to go live before jumping in. What are the chances

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I want enemies to do 3x the damage, have 3x the health, and can't be stunned. Also, I want it take more exp to level up to the next level and attraction flow to use all your focus meter when you use it. Sora should have half the HP and MP.

Enemies not being able to be stunned would be absolutely miserable considering they can still damage you during attack animations. Hitstun needs to be in the game otherwise it's going to be less 'difficult' and more 'literally unplayable'.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
I think one tough nut to crack for KH3 is going to be the assorted -za finisher granting keyblades and accessories - loading up on a bunch of those early in the game makes it *really* easy to clear most encounters with barely any thought or effort, but turning all the enemies into damage sponges to account for that strategy will make most *other* approaches practically useless.

Mit-

Oct 26, 2017
Interested in what this will really entail. Hoping for updates to the game too (stability, bugs, etc). Probably will hold off though until they release actual new content. Just 100%'d the game on Proud a couple weeks ago.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
I think one tough nut to crack for KH3 is going to be the assorted -za finisher granting keyblades and accessories - loading up on a bunch of those early in the game makes it *really* easy to clear most encounters with barely any thought or effort, but turning all the enemies into damage sponges to account for that strategy will make most *other* approaches practically useless.

Best option would be to give you those accessories/abilities later in the game rather than early.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
Will wait for patch notes before I decide to jump back in. Very excited to see it come out so early though. hope we get DLC details at E3.

TheCed

Oct 27, 2017
I've been waiting for this.
But I don't want to redo the mini games for the Oricalcum+, hopefully NewGame+ will be included

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
Best option would be to give you those accessories/abilities later in the game rather than early.
I think that'd help, but even in the late game those accessories are arguably even better than the assorted big-minigame-prize mp hastera/mp hastega set and would continue to be really hard to balance against.

corn_fest

Oct 27, 2017
Could potentially be interested in trying it out if they do some sort of NG+ type thing but otherwise ehhhh

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Will wait for the DLC before I jump back into the game. Will definitly give this another shot and die countless times though.