• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017

For those who don't know, Critical mode is the hardest difficulty mode in the game.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2017
Nice. I think I will probably wait until they release the DLC for the game before replaying in Critical Mode. Looking forward to see what exactly they changed about it.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
holy fuck finallyyyyyyyyyyy

time for the second playthrough

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Much earlier than I expected. I'm probably gonna wait for a final mix update before I do a second playthrough.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Nice!

I only ever made it to San Fransokyo on Proud. Wasn't this update supposed to introduce NG+ as well? If so, would it be possible to NG+ out of Proud into Critical? If so, I may finish the game into a Critical playthrough!

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I literally beat the game on proud last week...

I'll wait until they add some new worlds or more hidden bosses until I play this again.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Nice.

Will wait to see what it actually changes but I wasn't expecting it this soon.

Might actually put it off until the DLC drops. Thought they would be combined anyway. Hopefully new game + is also something being worked on.

Rpgmonkey

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna wait for the new content so I can just experience it all in one run, but this was faster than I expected.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit! Still need to finish off the last few trophies for the platinum.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
crossing my fingers it's good, but expectations are extremely low. KH3 is a fun game, but the game being too easy is entirely on how the game's systems were built. Unless this mode fundamentally changes some of the core gameplay design of the game, this critical mode is either going to be slightly harder or enemies are going to be sponges and as a result have an extremely frustrating experience.

I'd like to be proven wrong, and I'll definitely be giving this a chance, but I don't see this being good.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Hopefully they actually balance the game. KH3 has a bunch of amazing mechanics that are mostly all easy to use and OP as heck.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome. Now give us data battles and I'll be set.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
crossing my fingers it's good, but expectations are extremely low. KH3 is a fun game, but the game being too easy is entirely on how the game's systems were built. Unless this game fundamentally changes some of the core gameplay design of the game, this critical mode is either going to be slightly harder or enemies are going to be sponges and as a result have an extremely frustrating experience.

I'd like to be proven wrong, and I'll definitely be giving this a chance, but I don't see this being good.
Thinking the Same thing overall, the game needs far fewer enemies per encounter to make drastically good changes, but at this point I believe it'll be much better than the current 3 modes.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I literally beat the game on proud last week...

I'll wait until they add some new worlds or more hidden bosses until I play this again.
Can't imagine we get anything as substantial as new Disney worlds, though I'd love a tournament world in Radiant Garden. They already have the assets for it (it appears in cut scenes) and it'd deliver on the FF cameos.

I still haven't beaten the game on Proud, had a super busy schedule the last few months, still in the Big Hero 6 world. I'll probably finish that before attempting a Critical Mode playthrough.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Nice!
The excuse I need to replay it, been itching to again.
Hope it adds the challenge I felt was missing.

Probably something for the "big DLC" but I do want a boss rush mode too, similar to the Org. Data battles. Have a lot of hopes for that ha.
Hope they add the pre order keyblades eventually too... as a minor want. Never got the midnight blue keyblade despite getting the KH3 console (unbeknownst to me the EU version didnt come with they keyblade..).
EU never got the 7/11 keyblade?
And I guess it's unlikely the PS/Xbox keyblades will show on each console, would be nice but probably not.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Finally time to playthrough this game, I played on Proud mode for a hour and stopped because it was so brain dead easy.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I am not sure they will have done a great critical mode like in the past with only that much time? Maybe they worked longer on it than it seems. :)

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Going to be really interesting to see how they tackle this. If it's anything close to the transformation of KH2 -> KH2FM, I'll be ecstatic.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Need to figure out if I want to replay it now or when the big dlc comes out....

We all know both is the answer

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
crossing my fingers it's good, but expectations are extremely low. KH3 is a fun game, but the game being too easy is entirely on how the game's systems were built. Unless this mode fundamentally changes some of the core gameplay design of the game, this critical mode is either going to be slightly harder or enemies are going to be sponges and as a result have an extremely frustrating experience.

Exactly my concern with it. It would be nice to be proven wrong though!

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
I hope attraction flow is nerfed, same with some magic.

Last edited:

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
Interesting that it's so fast, which may not necessarily be a good thing. Cautious of getting expectations too high because it doesn't seem like all the issues with it could be resolved so quickly (primarily, lacking combat content).

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I hope atttqction flow is nerfed, same with some magic.
imo they should be removed from crit all together (or maybe give the player the option to disable them), or at the very least how often you get them should be lowered. There's no reason to be getting an attraction flow more than once every 30 to 45 minutes of play time.

One thing that would be interesting for them to do with attraction flow is if they remove the timer on it, but give it to the player rarely, thus forcing the player to decide when to use it, but that's a whole other thing in it's entirety.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Good, game was way too easy and it really kinda ruined my experience.

Still going to wait for DLCs before doing another playthrough though

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
Exactly my concern with it. It would be nice to be proven wrong though!
Yeah - my desire at this point is to see *some of* KH3's systems (that is to say, Grand Magic specifically) held onto for future games, and others (keyblade-specific command styles/forms, attraction flow) discarded in favor of something a bit more strategic, even if that means the game is no longer a constant fireworks show.

I can't see any of the RNG-heavy screen-clearing shit being balanced in a way that makes the game feel deeper or more enjoyable.

Of the Osaka team's games, Re:CoM and Birth By Sleep both did a good job of making your assorted huge AoE/big damage attacks feel earned; DDD and KH3 waaaaaay less so.

Last edited: