• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Have you gotten the platinum in any Kingdom Hearts games?

• Yes! All of them!

Votes: 42 7.6%
  • I got a few. Or one.

Votes: 143 25.8%
  • No, but I got all the Secret Endings.

Votes: 115 20.8%
  • LOL.

Votes: 254 45.8%

• Total voters

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can a floor in Chain of Memories just not spawn a route to the treasure room because uh....

(nevermind... I missed a room apparently)

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Rinoa's alt in Dissidia NT is Nomura's way of stealth confirming her for KH3.

DhwBHkxWAAEnMTG.jpg

hgrutx.jpg

when you boot KH3 for the first time

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, one of Rinoa's outfits having plaid in it just seems really random if she's not in KH3. They could've done a recolor inspired by Amano's design but no - plaid.

Pls let this be one of your weird hints Nomura. pls.

andrewan47

Dec 2, 2017
Half way through Re: CoM and oh man... I wouldn't say I hate it, but I'm not enjoying it either.
Makes me want to play it on the GBA to just see if the game didn't transfer well when they ported it over.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There are people who actually think 1 and 2 are vital to the story of KH3.
I love this series lol.
Half way through Re: CoM and oh man... I wouldn't say I hate it, but I'm not enjoying it either.
Makes me want to play it on the GBA to just see if the game didn't transfer well when they ported it over.
Re:CoM is dumb because the entire point of coming up with the card system was so they could translate the action of KH to a GBA game without making it a straight action platformer or beat em up without strategy, but then they brought it back to the PS2 using KH1 assets and you end up with a lesser version of KH1 that plays worse than the original and doesn't make sense to play as is in a 3D game at all.

The GBA game is awesome.

andrewan47

Dec 2, 2017
Re:CoM is dumb because the entire point of coming up with the card system was so they could translate the action of KH to a GBA game without making it a straight action platformer or beat em up without strategy, but then they brought it back to the PS2 using KH1 assets and you end up with a lesser version of KH1 that plays worse than the original and doesn't make sense to play as is in a 3D game at all.

The GBA game is awesome.

That's what I was thinking when I was playing it last night. I do remember really enjoying CoM on GBA. I just have to find it laying around somewhere.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I love this series lol.

I disagree. I love the half turn based feel ReCoM has, and I feel more in control of Sora's movements on a larger 3D playing field. I still stand by ReCoM being one of my top three in the series both in regards to storytelling and gameplay.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
The original Chain of Memories was really hard. I remember being stuck on this one fight against Riku for so long. Riku's final boss was really hard too. I am grateful to the port for giving a visual and voice to all those Organization members and Naminé but it really highlights how much of an actual Kingdom Hearts 1.5 it is. My last playthrough of reCOM, I just skipped all the Disney cutscenes that didn't involve an original character.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
GBA CoM also had a way smaller arena to fight enemies in, which made fights end quicker. That doesn't sound like a big deal, but it adds up over time.

Xarius

Oct 28, 2017
Decided to actually play Days and Re:coded, and just finished up both of them. It's pretty interesting how different the experiences were.

I greatly preferred Days when I first watched the movies, which isn't surprising, as its story is actually interesting, while Re:coded's is nearly pointless. However, when it came to playing through them, Days was a slog due to its repetitiveness, while Re:coded was actually a joy to play with all of the gameplay variety and a good command deck implementation.

Surprisingly, I think I actually prefer Re:coded overall, mainly by virtue of not feeling like I had to force myself to play it. I definitely did not expect to have that opinion going into them.

I'm thinking about playing Dream Drop Distance on Critical next, as it's the only game whose Critical mode I haven't played yet (where applicable, of course). The prospect of dealing 50% less damage is not very enticing, though.

Musubi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Real quick. Goddamn is peter pan a creepy mf in Chain of Memories. Like holy shit what is this conversation he just had with wendy.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I have been watching Everglow's videos and they're incredible. They're even better than replaying the games, imho, to better appreciate the story.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Riku's is so much faster because there's not a single cutscene in the Disney worlds. You just enter and go to the boss and move on. I tried and clear out enemies in every room so Riku could be levelled up, but around the fourth world I give up and from then on I just rush to the boss and progress.

andrewan47

Dec 2, 2017
That's good to hear I'll start it tomorrow.
Its funny I didn't mind it at first but the longer I played the game the more I grew to hate it :p

Delriach

Combat Designer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Anyone at the KH concert in Chicago? The line for merchandise is so ridiculous :(

Can't wait for the show to start though!

Musubi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beat re:Chain of Memories (Sora) for the first time. Now on to Riku. I'm glad he plays differently. I'll have to get used to his duel thing but it seems like an interesting mechanic.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I'm just casually watching Liam's (Rising Superstream) KH BBS playthrough in the background while doing other stuff on my computer and just got hit by something I never really thought of while he was in Disney Town.

OK, so BBS is 10 years before KH1, and in Disney Town you see everyone 10 years before KH1, like Minny and Pete and all that, in the game we see a younger King Mickey and we see Donald and goofy. All that is fine and dandy. But we also see Huey, Dewy and Louie, and they are still ducklings, and then 11 years later are still ducklings. Like, do Disney Ducks age at a slow rate? Are they 10 (or 20 or 30?) in BBS? What I'm saying is, Donald's nephews are likely older than Sora, and that weirds me out and I never thought about it till now, even when I played through BBS.

andrewan47

Dec 2, 2017
Ok, I'm just casually watching Liam's (Rising Superstream) KH BBS playthrough in the background while doing other stuff on my computer and just got hit by something I never really thought of while he was in Disney Town.

OK, so BBS is 10 years before KH1, and in Disney Town you see everyone 10 years before KH1, like Minny and Pete and all that, in the game we see a younger King Mickey and we see Donald and goofy. All that is fine and dandy. But we also see Huey, Dewy and Louie, and they are still ducklings, and then 11 years later are still ducklings. Like, do Disney Ducks age at a slow rate? Are they 10 (or 20 or 30?) in BBS? What I'm saying is, Donald's nephews are likely older than Sora, and that weirds me out and I never thought about it till now, even when I played through BBS.

I'm pretty sure they're immortal and don't age since we also go back in time in KH2 when we go to Timeless River.

Zomba13

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure they're immortal and don't age since we also go back in time in KH2 when we go to Timeless River.
True, but I assumed they did "age" and that Timless River Mickey (and Donald and Goofy) were like, their younger forms. Like, they got less noodly as they aged (/technology got better). Like, Timeless River was a loooong time ago while BBS was 10 years ago so they look the same (like, I assumed that Mickey, Donald and Goofy are like 40 or 50 or something and Timeless River was their teenage years).

Then again I don't know and I know it doesn't matter but it still weirds me out a bit.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Mickey and Minnie are actually tyrants who are using their powers to halt aging for themselves and their inner circle, allowing them to rule with an iron fist for all eternity. Naturally, a spell is placed over the kingdom to mind control all of their subjects into loving them, no matter how much they abuse their power.

Rescuing Aqua being "too dangerous" until right before disaster struck? It was all a front. Mickey knew that Aqua was a threat and might notice and dispel the magic they had set up, endangering his empire. He only decided to go get her out of sheer desperation, as his fear of Xehanort was even greater.

Last edited:

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
I snicker whenever anyone acknowledges the HDL paradox.

Nomura trying to tell a story with a past, present and future but not being able to alter the ages of Disney characters to fit must be hell. At some point you kinda just have to acknowledge that they don't so much as age as they transition between eras of character design. Hence the B&W versions are considered their "young" selves and their current selves are essentially age-less. Not just the animal people though, the Princesses that appear in BBS are still effectively the same age 10 years later. The only sticking point is Hercules, who actually did get to grow up in somewhat real-time.

Zomba13

Oct 25, 2017
Minnie absolutely is a tyrant, banishing Pete to the sunken place? Pure evil.

HDL better be "aged" into their Ducktales 2017 reboot designs and personalities or I will riot.

WAIT! NO! Not new Ducktales! QUACKPACK
426.jpg

C'mon Nomura you COWARD! Give us some Disney Channel cartoon representation!

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I would really like to see Launchpad and Gizmo duck in KH3
I am in love with Beck Bennett so him being in Kingdom Hearts III voicing Launchpad would be everything to me.

And Gizmo Duck is now voiced by Lin Manuel Miranda so the theatre geeks can get in on KH now too 8D

You don't remember Quack Pack it was a terrible show and I believe it was on in the late 90's or early 2000's.
Nope. I was born in '95, and my parents didn't want to pay the outrageous price for Foxtel (the only way to watch Disney Channel) so my only source of Disney TV was on Saturday mornings during a program called Saturday Disney. They would air three episodes from three different shows (Kim Possible, Lilo and Stitch, American Dragon Jake Long, Teacher's Pet etc.) with original content sprinkled throughout. That went from 7am to 9am and that was all the Disney shows we could get.

I missed out on Quack Pack, the original Ducktales, and a whole lot more. Nowadays, thanks to iTunes season pass, I can keep up with the three shows I have interest in (Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure, Big Hero 6: The Series, Ducktales (2017) however they are really behind in episodes. Ducktales hasn't updated since episode 9 and I believe it's up to episode 18 in the states? Big Hero 6 just came out and they haven't added anything past episode 7 while episode 10 is airing tomorrow, and Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure's second season hasn't gone up for purchase yet.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Just makes you wonder why would you use HDL in BBS.

Quack Pack is not great but I do remember that there are some really funny episodes behind that 90s edge. I haven't seen them in a long time but one that I remember was when Donald's younger self appears with old school design and everything and he is just a crazy asshole like the older cartoons. Dunno if it holds up.

andrewan47

Dec 2, 2017
Just beat Re: CoM Riku's story and that was surprisingly good.
The Zexion fight was entertaining I'm pretty sure you didn't fight him in the GBA version but I could be miss-remembering.
I forgot how much character development Riku gets in the game makes Sora's story even worst :p
Hopefully Aqua, Ven, and Terra get something like this to further their growth and come to terms with what has happened to them. That's if they don't die in KH3 >:C

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol I remember Quack Pack! It would be pretty cool if there were mini-games inspired by some of the Disney Channel / Toon Disney shows in a future game. I remember when we used to play the Disney Channel games online every time we got to go to the computer lab at school. *sighs with nostalgia*