• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Title

• Kingdom Hearts

Votes: 86 9.0%
  • Final Fantasy XIV

Votes: 870 91.0%

• Total voters

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Kingdom Hearts has been alive for two decades by now and finally ended its current saga a few years ago. Final Fantasy XIV started a decade ago and will end its own saga.

Kingdom Hearts is currently being made by Creative Business Unit 1, also making FF7 Remake.
Final Fantasy XIV is currently being made by Creative Business Unit 3, also making FFXVI.

So, ERA, I am curious. Which of those two saga-ending stories do you think will come out as the better one in your mind?

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
As a casual KH fan, its story is kinda trash..... I think this poll will be very lopsided.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is this a series question? It's obviously gonna be FFXIV and I like Kingdom Hearts.

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
Kingdom Hearts jumped the shark, unfortunately. FFXIV is a master class FF

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
FFXIV is so many steps ahead of Kingdom Hearts, especially in that regard, it isn't even funny.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
KH story is kind of, not great. I've heard great things about the FF 14 story but I always got burnt out going through the vanilla quest experience before I could get to the actual good stuff. I'm sure it's better than KH though.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
cmon there isn't a competition here, FFXIV is one of the best experiences/stories in all of gaming.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Never played XIV but I thought everyone liked its story, partially why there's excitement for XVI.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I adore KH and the story that's tied to it, but come on now.

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
Final Fantasy XIV has one of the best video game stories ever. KH might be one of the worst.

Oct 25, 2017
I love Kingdom Hearts. II is one of my top 15 games of all-time. You are absolutely insane if you think Kingdom Hearts has a better overall story lmao

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I like KH but they aren't even remotely close. KH is a mess with some highs while FF14 is one of the best stories in games.

Oct 25, 2017
Is this a trick thread just to dunk on kingdom hearts? Don't get me wrong. I'm all for dunking on kingdom hearts. It's just...

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
KH is awful, FF14 has some of the best stories of the series, so yeah, that one

SephiZack

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I love Kingdom Hearts but I wouldn't vote it in any "Best Story" poll, let alone against Final Fantasy XIV

Deleted member 56995

User requested account closure
Banned
May 24, 2019
I've put in about 2 hours into FFXIV during a free trial whereas I've put in hundreds of hours into the KH saga. So FFXIV.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I voted KH and I unapologetically enjoy it far more.

Though even the tones and types of stories they are trying to tell are so vastly different this just seems more like an excuse for CBU 3 fans which are vocal to shit on CBU 1.

Maybe not and it's purely good intentions.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
I've never played XIV, but Kingdom Hearts has bar-none the WORST, most incomprehensible, borderline nonsense storyline I've ever seen in a game. XIV couldn't be worse.

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
Do people HATE Kingdom Hearts or what? I know it's being snarked on for being overly complex but I've seldom seen it being touted as BAD.
KH's story is legitimately garbage at this point. Not to mention the dialogue is so bad I would literally be embarrassed if someone walked in on me watching a cutscene.

Ignis

Oct 27, 2017
Used to be a diehard KH fan and stopped after I finished III. Never played FFXIV and yet I still voted for XIV in the poll lol.

Edit: just to be clear, the "story" of Kingdom Hearts is one of the worst in the history of video games. The story of anything that isn't I or II is so bad it actively destroys the better qualities of those games.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I assume this is a joke thread because KH story has always been complete shit

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
There are a lot of KH-esque ideas in XIV (which I will leave at that) so.... I mean, I enjoy them both XD. A better question would be "which presentation did you enjoy most?" But for me the answer is the same, I enjoyed bthem both.

Trejo

Oct 25, 2017
I've never played a single second of XIV and yet I also didn't hesitate a second to vote for it over Nomura's convoluted fanfiction.

Aug 13, 2019
Do people HATE Kingdom Hearts or what? I know it's being snarked on for being overly complex but I've seldom seen it being touted as BAD.
I absolutely love Kingdom Hearts and it's still one of my favorite franchises of all time. The story is... a steaming pile of shit, to put it nicely. KH1 is the story at its peak and after 2 the story takes a noticeable nosedive. It's not nearly as confusing as people make it out to be, but it's very, very bad.

Oct 28, 2017
Ah so I'm not actually weird for thinking KH's story is shit. People made me think I was. KH1's story was pretty alright until the game jumped the shark towards the end.

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
Final Fantasy XIV has one of the best stories in a video game ever. This isn't fair lol