• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When do you think KH4 comes out?

Votes: 10 2.9%

Votes: 127 36.9%

Votes: 103 29.9%

Votes: 39 11.3%

Votes: 22 6.4%
  • 20XX

Votes: 43 12.5%

• Total voters

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
As much as some people were theorising Disney worlds are gone after KH3 and MoM, I really can't see them killing of one of if not the biggest appeal to KH. Disney worlds will surely stay.

Perhaps Quadratrum is a hub world, we play as Sora in an open world bc he is 'stuck' and we play as Riku looking for Sora going through many different Disney worlds with Donald and Goofy? Idk just theorising.

If anything this makes realistic Disney properties such as Marvel and Star Wars easier to do I guess? I'm not sure how I feel about the realistic proportions but I am hyped!!

My biggest disappointment is how inaccessible X, Unchained X and Union X's story is, to have Strelizia turn up in the trailer… they really should do something for X's story before 4 comes out because it's just ridiculous now lol. And then they go and announce another mobile game 😭

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Soul is a chill, personal meditation on the meaning of life and the purpose of human existence. I don't really see it being a good fit for a bombastic action game level.

Its equally about trying to get back to the ¨living world¨, what Sora is trying to do as he is in the afterlife of his universe. More or less the same situation as Soul. Im not saying you are going to see Sora in a barbershop in NYC, but I can see them having the afterlife world in Soul being a playable level or them doing something with the property (like 22 making an appearance like Remy did in KH3)

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
He woke up after sleeping for 7 days at the start so clearly he lost his shoes and had to use another. And at the end of the game he'll get his real ones back before fighting the final boss.
Oh my god. It's no longer Drive or Form changes. KH4 will introduce the new SHOE CHANGE MECHANIC: HIS POWER IS DIRECTLY CORRELATED TO THE SIZE OF HIS SHOES

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
This looks very far off but I'm suuuper excited for KH4. Since I'm finally caught up with the franchise I can looking forward to all the new releases.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
FP-13SqWYAUdRfI

FP-14A5akAMQfqN

lighting and some details on their clothes seems to be improved from KH3 quite a bit.

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Hades is going to help Donald and Goofy reunite with Sora.
Probably by killing them.

considering what we are hearing about the setting, you don't sound too far off. they probably won't be killed but Hades could take them to the Afterlife and Quadratum (hopefully they recast James Woods for the localization, fuck that guy)

Evoker

Oct 25, 2017
Kingdom Hearts is a Disney property. It will always exist as a means of cross-marketing Disney properties first.
That's why we still see Donald and Goofy in the trailer and even in the announcement it says they will be joining Sora in this new world. I guarantee Disney characters will still play a big part, but that doesn't mean they can't change their approach in terms of what worlds they're choose if there's any other worlds they visit in this game (I mean Quadratum could be the setting for the entire game).

Still who knows. We'll have to wait to see what this new arc entails.

Hexa

Oct 25, 2017
It's one of the forest planets in Star Wars. It's not from any of the existing games since
1. It's realistic that eliminates Hercules, Tarzan, and other animated properties.
2. Hints of the Star Wars theme is in the theme playing during IV reveal.

1. It could just be some forest outside of Quadratum.
2. Someone was saying that the music was a clear hint at Marvel earlier, but I think y'all are reading too much into that. It's really not close to either.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I appreciate that they made sure to throw Donald and Goofy into the trailer and press release to stymie some degree of speculation.

I feel like Disney is/was too big during the development period for them to not have big Disney worlds too. Like, unless they're doing a theme, there's gotta be stuff like Moana in there, Wreck It Ralph would fit well, and Frozen 2 can redeem how poorly they did Frozen 1.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
considering what we are hearing about the setting, you don't sound too far off. they probably won't kill but Hades could take them to the Afterlife and Quadratum (hopefully they recast James Woods for the localization, fuck that guy)

Unfortunately I believe they have to go with him first due to some contract thing, but were he to turn it down though... Woods probably isn't getting much work these days so he'll probably jump at it when asked.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Hope it's not gonna be just dull looking real world setting tho lol

But I'm sure it'll have colorful worlds too.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Where are people getting Sora can't leave quadratum? Master of Masters is saying he can leave just don't expect to go back to his home world.

ClayModel

Oct 29, 2017
Wow, do they look off lol.

Also, you got some Gurenn Lagann mixed into my KH!

And yay, hooded bastards are back to muck things up...again.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
If you say so. I liked Turning Red, Soul and Luca well enough but I don't exactly think they fit KH particularly well.

Just expect more live-action shit this time. It's going to happen.

You haven't put enough thought into it.

Raya, Frozen 2, Incredibles, Cars, Coco, Inside Out, Finding Nemo, Treasure Planet, Emperor's New Groove, Robin Hood, 101 Dalmatians, Jungle Book, Brave, Princess and the Frog, Wreck-It Ralph, Moana, Zootopia.

They could even start visiting some of the classic animated series like Duck Tales or Gargoyles.

There are plenty of animated worlds left.

ChaserX

Nov 1, 2017
Miami, FL
If we're lucky Olympus, will just be cutscene only. Donald and Goofy were walking a very generic place for something that's supposed to be the underworld. I'm going to go full optimist here and say that every Disney world will be new, despite that only happening with KH1.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
As much as some people were theorising Disney worlds are gone after KH3 and MoM, I really can't see them killing of one of if not the biggest appeal to KH. Disney worlds will surely stay.

Perhaps Quadratrum is a hub world, we play as Sora in an open world bc he is 'stuck' and we play as Riku looking for Sora going through many different Disney worlds with Donald and Goofy? Idk just theorising.
It's gonna be SDG again, the fact we saw DG interact with Hades, the lord of the underworld, is probably the early game set up for how they'll join him in Quadratum after the tutorial/prologue section of the game. Maybe something Hades will tell DG about Quadratum will lead the crew to explore worlds to find or complete whatever mcguffing objective will bring Sora back to the "real world".

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
FWIW, one of the Disney+ show people from way back when reported they heard Frozen 2 was being considered for KHIV in November 2020. Now I don't know how reliable they are, and that D+ show has not come to fruition, but if legit it does show Disney worlds still being a part of the game rather than scrapped.

PolskiGamer17

Oct 27, 2017
Disney won't allow for KH to become a single console game anymore. Since Nvidia leaked a PC port, we might as well be getting an xbox version as well

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I like Sora's new look. Where the hell is Riku though and how are Donald and Goofy beating him there.

I thought for sure we'd get lots of in-between games before KH4 was even announced. Hopefully the wait won't be too painful.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
I wouldn't mind the Quadratum art style if it was executed well but it genuinely just looks ugly to me, not only Sora but all the other NPCs and the environments, it all looks pretty meh.

I really hope it's not too overwhelming of a presence in the game but I'm sure I'll be disappointed on that front. Also fuck Hades, stop including him and giving James Woods work.

I'm not sure they could've made a trailer that would make me less excited for KH4 lol.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
My hot take prediction is that there won't be other Disney worlds this time. The only major Disney stuff we'll get is perhaps a few characters joining Sora. Perhaps this is Nomura's way to branch Kingdom Hearts beyond Disney properties.

Kingdom Hearts is owned by Disney.

This will be like any other KH. Quadratum is likely a hub world between all of the Disney worlds.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Raya, Frozen 2, Incredibles, Cars, Coco, Inside Out, Finding Nemo, Treasure Planet, Emperor's New Groove, Robin Hood, 101 Dalmatians, Jungle Book, Brave, Princess and the Frog, Wreck-It Ralph, Moana, Zootopia.

They could even start visiting some of the classic animated series like Duck Tales or Gargoyles.

We'll see. My called shot is that we're going to see an increased focus on live-action properties. There will still be some animated representation but I just don't think there's THAT MUCH left that Disney would care about marketing in that sphere.

I would love to see Tennant-Scrooge in KH, for example. I just don't think it's gonna happen.

Disney won't allow for KH to become a single console game anymore. Since Nvidia leaked a PC port, we might as well be getting an xbox version as well

KH3 was already on Xbox...?

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
…. dare I hope this is out for Xmas? Not a Kingdom Hearts player but my nieces love this franchise.

This won't go through the long delays KH3 did, right?

Trigger

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA

Yeah, I think the realistic look of Quadratum has folks forgetting there are plenty of regular animated movies and series that the series hasn't touched.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
2. Someone was saying that the music was a clear hint at Marvel earlier, but I think y'all are reading too much into that. It's really not close to either.
Lets be real, the reason we know it's not Marvel or Star Wars is because SE is gonna have big trailers hyping each new world like they did for KH3. They're not revealing an expansion of the Disney series they're pulling from via an environmental shot in the reveal trailer.

Hexa

Oct 25, 2017
…. dare I hope this is out for Xmas? Not a Kingdom Hearts player but my nieces love this franchise.

If you mean this Christmas (2022) then almost certainly not. If you mean next Christmas (2023) then it's possible, but I doubt it. If you mean the Christmas after that (2024) I think there's a high chance.

Evoker

Oct 25, 2017
Kingdom Hearts is owned by Disney.

This will be like any other KH. Quadratum is likely a hub world between all of the Disney worlds.
That is 100% more likely. Just speculating and wondering where they are taking this new entry.

I'm definitely hoping for a Treasure Planet world. But I'm wondering how the Disney worlds will work in this game, since it seems like Sora is in the afterlife/different universe completely from the one we've known from previous games.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
We'll see. My called shot is that we're going to see an increased focus on live-action properties. There will still be some animated representation but I just don't think there's THAT MUCH left that Disney would care about marketing in that sphere.

I think because chances are good of more live action than usual because of Marvel and Star Wars.

My point is that it won't be for the reason you claimed: that there aren't enough animated properties left. I just gave you a list that proves that to be wrong.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017

This is probably a 2024 game. Late 2023 at the earliest but I imagine that's a stretch.

Ravenwraith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If they wanted you to think it was endor there would have been a shot of a space ship or something

Not counting Marvel or Star Wars out since they're the next step up after PIxar but give them time to reveal it properly