• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I am a bit disappointed it's basically just reused locations with a few little extra things so far. It reminds me of how disappointing BotW's DLC was to me, where it basically just reused assets, but in this case it seems like the DLC will just be slotted into the tail end of the story which is kinda lame. If the playable Aqua, Riku and Roxas bits are just single fights too that's even lamer.

It's early days though and I hope there are more extra things, but I'm gonna be very skeptical at anyone from FF showing up.

Feb 5, 2018
Like I'll be excited for this DLC if we also get

- Playable Riku, Aqua and Roxas through the main game
- Extra Scenario with new bosses
- Data Org Fights

And as it stands, the DLC isn't even saying its fixing all of the problems with the base game, just some of the most egregious.

Like you need to rework a lot of that final 30%

The data org fights is likely happening. Look when Roxas is being used to fight Saix, he's with Xion and Axel. That doesn't even happen in the main story, meaning that it probably is a bonus, harder version of the fight where you possibly select your character to fight the org members.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Oh yes!

Anyone else loving KH3?

Now that I have had some distance from it. It's one of my favorite games this generation.

Had tons of fun. Can't wait to replay with the DLC on Critical.

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only thing interesting about this was the YMX/MoM scene. YMX had his original eye color (silver) and the MoM mentioned Xehanort going on a 'world tour' which reminded of one of Xehanort's secret reports in III where he mentions that his master chose him to visit other worlds first so it makes me wonder if this scene is in the past. I'm on team 'I hope MoM is an older, time displaced Sora' because 1). I like alternate, evil older versions of characters and 2). I feel there's evidence for it + it would finally be a gotcha reveal that would have serious ramifications on the story and Sora himself (at least for me). One of my personal theories about the MoM is that he could be trying to outrun from something (possibly having to return to the abyss if he's Sora that escaped from it) and that's why he has to 'disappear' in Backcover and could've jumped forward in time which would explain him meeting with YMX. I know there's the whole 'rules' of time travel but considering Sora broke the rules regarding the Power of Waking, I would imagine the MoM is probably breaking universal laws left and right considering what he's up to. Anyway, this is just me kind of me rambling lol. Regardless of who the MoM is, I'm looking forward to this scene in particular. I hope we get more Xehanort backstory and this is setting up him being playable in DLC.

Also I'll only accept a new character or Sora being the MoM. Him being an organization member after we just got one revealed to be Luxu would be very bleh to me. It would also be really ironic if the person who failed the Mark of Mastery (MoM) ended up calling himself the Master of Masters lmao + there's the whole thing of Sora representing humility and becoming a representation of the ultimate sin - pride - which is humility's direct opposite since the seven deadly sins (and possibly the seven heavenly virtues) are significant in this next arc.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2018
Paid
-Additional Scenario "ReMIND" (I think this is what was shown in that trailer)
-Limit Episode + Boss
-Secret Episode + Boss
-English VA Option

Free
-New Keyblade + New Form (Could be Oathkeeper)

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
Glad that I am still at the very beginning of the game and haven't played yet.

lusca_bueno

Nov 23, 2017
What a horrible trailer. It shows absolutely 0 new assets except the Oathkeeper keyblade reutilizing Spellweaver animations for its transformation combo (and if you're counting, the grey eyed YX model lol)

Really, I was expecting at the very least a new dungeon like Cave of Remembrance and new locations being available in Twilight Town, for a first impression of what to expect, this is just bad.

Hopefully this trailer is representative of less than 5% of the full package.

But I gotta say, I love how KHIII has been building the final 4 members of former Org. as important characters in the future, they're my favorites.

TheBaldEmperor

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What questions remained for the FF characters? Their arc was completed in KH2.

I meant the story overall felt unresolved. Doesn't make sense to remove something that attracted people to the franchise in the first place. Nomura said in 2018 that this game would bring resolution and I didn't feel like I got that.

The countless interviews of Nomura saying kingdom hearts didn't end at 3 didn't warn you?

See above. He said resolution and plenty was left unresolved. I'm done playing Kingdom Hearts games. The story is never going to end or get a resolution.

Feb 5, 2018
We didn't see ReMIND. That was all Limit Episode stuff. ReMIND is a new scenario.

I'm confused as to what was what tbh. The "Limit" Episode is supposed to be additional content only? It seems the ReMind scenario is something to be added somewhere during the main story. The secret episode seems to be something post-story again like BBS. Unsure how all of this works.

MsMuerta

Nov 8, 2017
I'm confused as to what was what tbh. The "Limit" Episode is supposed to be additional content only? It seems the ReMind scenario is something to be added somewhere during the main story. The secret episode seems to be something post-story again like BBS. Unsure how all of this works.

Limit Episode I guess refers to content added to the story, much like KH2 FM added several cutscenes as well as some bosses (Roxas in TWTNW)

ReMind could be similar to BBS Final Mix's Secret Episode in the Realm of Darkness, but bigger in scope...?

Feb 5, 2018
Yeah, most likely an early flashback. The fact that he's learning how the coats work seems to indicate that.
Hopefully the DLC explains what happened. Overtaken by darkness is my guess?

Whats odd is this is the "older" young MX with grey eyes. The one playing chess is shorter and younger. So why is this one still with grey eyes? Something is odd here.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Okay looking at this trailer in depth.

They're hiding everything.

Other than the cutscenes, there's nothing substantially new here.

Aqua and Riku already had playable builds in the base game and the trailer doesn't suggest that they've gotten anything new.

Oathkeeper is dope, but its transformation is just another 2nd form

The one thing that would take substantial effort is Roxas as you're turning an AI into a playable character.

Re:Mind was announced back in March.

Winter means at earliest this DLC is coming out in november.

That's 9 months.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Whats odd is this is the "older" young MX with grey eyes. The one playing chess is shorter and younger. So why is this one still with grey eyes? Something is odd here.
Man I wouldn't put it pass them if its just an inconsistency. Before he leaves the island in BBS he is that Xehanort, and then becomes the younger one in the intro to 3 while he is training, and then he is the older one again presumably in this trailer.. They just fucked up.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, they will throw us a Tobi/Obito with the MoM. I can feel it.

Watch it be Demyx. Are there actual interactions between him and Xigbar in all the games?

Oct 25, 2017
Okay looking at this trailer in depth.

Other than the cutscenes, there's nothing substantially new here.

Aqua and Riku already had playable builds in the base game and the trailer doesn't suggest that they've gotten anything new.

Oathkeeper is dope, but its transformation is just another 2nd form

The one thing that would take substantial effort is Roxas as you're turning an AI into a playable character.

Re:Mind was announced back in March.

Winter means at earliest this DLC is coming out in november.

That's 9 months.

I mean, that should be obvious. This is just a first teaser for the DLC to whet our appetites. No one should be expecting to know the extent of what we're getting for at least a few months.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Like I'll be excited for this DLC if we also get

- Playable Riku, Aqua and Roxas through the main game
- Extra Scenario with new bosses
- Data Org Fights

And as it stands, the DLC isn't even saying its fixing all of the problems with the base game, just some of the most egregious.

Like you need to rework a lot of that final 30%
I still feel like they cut any arena/refights with all the organization members from the end of the game to be resold as DLC. I'm hoping there was some major work done for a "hard' org rematches.

TheBaldEmperor

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Resolution to the Xehanort Saga, and Xehanort is very much done after 3.

Lesson learned I guess but things he put into motion still seem to be happening. Usually the 3 in a trilogy wraps things up. I was hoping it wouldn't be left so open and that future Kingdom Hearts games wouldn't be so connected. At any rate I'm done with the series. Pretty much played every game there was up until this point. Just lack of interest in seeing where it goes now.

Oct 25, 2017
Limit Cut is what they call Data Org 13 in Japan. This could very well just be a main story update.

It seems to be what they're using for this game to refer to the new bosses and story scenes added to the main game. Unlike ReMIND (new scenario, which we haven't seen) or the Secret Episode (the YX/MoM scene could possibly be part of that, but no way to be sure right now).

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
I did not expect so much goddamn mystery around Luxord's true identity. TELL ME NOMURA. TELL MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Hah, so glad i sold my original copy. You know they are gonna have a KH3 GOTY edition with "Final Mix" printed onto it. Gonna rebuy it then