• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Fucking chills man. Don't recall ever getting emotional and teary eyed over any other opening sequence like this one. Really shows how far we've come, and how close we are to finally seeing the end of a saga.

Byvar

Oct 26, 2017
I thought this was kinda weak. The whole "Xehanort playing chess" theme is a bit overdone and the thunderstorm in the background makes it even more over the top. Also, definitely not the best song.

I absolutely loved the beginning with everyone looking at the stars though and can't wait to finally play the game in just a month and a half!

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Incredibly subtle callback to the original secret ending from KH2:

tumblr_inline_pgclhe2vBo1sl2arq_540.jpg

bh3RLkA.png

Kingdom Key D and Way to the Dawn are even in the exact same place on screen!

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
After the highs of Hikari/Simple and Clean and Passion/Sanctuary, Face My Fears is reaaallly not my thing, unfortunately. Ah, well.

lumenflower

Jan 8, 2018
NY
Lol it kinda sounds like a generic remix off SoundCloud after 1:00

Looks good, but I need to hear the full song for sure.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
When the song started with those piano notes and I was already fearing another Don't Yawn Twice snoozefest

tenor.gif

kenji_sama

Nov 23, 2017
I think they cut the last scene of opening scene in which they show all KH3 versions of main characters.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
It definitely didn't feel like a full opening cinematic compared to previous openings. I wonder how much they are still hiding.

Song was pretty good. Not a fan of the drop.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Kingdom Hearts CG is so good. I just wished the song was on the level of Simple and Clean or Passion. It's not bad (I like the first minute a lot), but I don't think it's anywhere near as good.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017

Waggles

Oct 26, 2017
...that was the weakest opening off all the major-ish kh games.

And it's genuinely because of the skrillex crap.

Megawarrior

Oct 25, 2017
skrillex dropped the ball with that 2014 beat drop....he has more recent songs that sound fresher than this.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I am pretty certain that is the first time we see Teen Xehanort before going full Darkness and X-Blades in full instead of judt the small cuts with him playing chess with Eraqus. That is a seriously good design, and I love how even then his design incorporates the crossed leather straps.

Ace-0

Oct 27, 2017
Did you notice they were wearing their kh2 clothes in the op ? that's strange