• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Kingdom Come Deliverance mod support is inbound according to Warhorse Studios' PR manager, Tobias Stolz-Zwilling.

"Mod support is the last thing we are doing right now, the last thing we want to release for Kingdom Come Deliverance", the PR manager said in a new interview with Gamepressure. "Right now, we are working on modding tools so that people can do their own stuff – Steam Workshop is already working, but only with the tools you can write your own quest, for example. We are thinking of a way out to cleverly release that. Unfortunately, consoles are out because they're not supporting this – it's not because we don't want to, but because Microsoft and Sony haven't agreed on anything yet, so I can tell you: PC – yes, and we'll see about the rest, I'm not sure."

On CryEngine and the sequel

"We're not planning to change anything – simply because we made so many tools and so many things with the engine, adjusted it", he replied. "It was never used for any RPGs before we did it. We did so much with the engine that we are afraid that changing it would mean starting from the beginning. And if you think of how long we needed to make the engine work for KCD before we could just start to… work with it – just too long. And hope on a good cooperation with CryTech."

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Btw is this a good time to jump in? I heard good things but I'm not so sure

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Your cpu is very poor for today and it will only get worse from now on. Thats the reason you cant get 60
A 6600K isn't "very poor". What are you on about? It's certainly not doing gangbusters, but being unable to hit a performance target as low as 60FPS speaks more to how badly optimized the game is, not the CPU.

Phantom88

Banned
Jan 7, 2018
A 6600K isn't "very poor". What are you on about? It's certainly not doing gangbusters, but being unable to hit a performance target as low as 60FPS speaks more to how badly optimized the game is, not the CPU.

ok, maybe not the best word for it, "very". But that cpu is suffering in pretty much any game in the last 2 or more years. You probably wont see it in regular benchmarks because of how poor game benchmarking is usually, but id bet anything you will encounter microstutters and hickups in near every game at some point or another.

The game isnt the smoothest game on the market, but 100% in his case its the cpu. An 8400 for example nearly doubles the framerate of the 6600 in Rise of Tomb Raider, saw it in a digital foundry review. i5 6600 and 7600 have aged weirdly bad

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
They continue with the Cry Engine ? That's brave of them given the state Crytek is in.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Are the DLCs worth it? Loved the main game but I felt like the DLCs won't really bring that much in terms of story content.

Recommend using Gamepass to get it as that way you don't give THQ or Vavra any of your money

You do though. Maybe less, but they're going to benefit from someone playing it through Gamepass.

Oct 28, 2017
The first game still has quite a bit of performance issues on my PC, especially when you want to have a dialog with an NPC after long play time and the game loads? the dialog.

May be they should have switched to a different engine for better performance.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
Your cpu is very poor for today and it will only get worse from now on. Thats the reason you cant get 60
yes, basically. A 6600K will heavily limit the possible framerate in this game.
A 6600K is not exactly top of the line. THis game scales a lot with thread count and frequency, and a 6600 only really has frequency on its side.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
Is this good on PS4? I played about 20 hours of it and its very slow paced but i enjoyed it. The loading wasnt great but I enjoyed getting better at the game.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
You know that Kingdom Come Deliverance is published by Deep Silver, a different subsidiary than THQ, right?

It's like saying "don't buy Persona 5, because I don't want that Creative Assembly earn any money."
Yeah, but THQNordic bought Warhorse. And well, Deep Silver is part of the same family of companies as THQN but they're separate enough, so to say. (Although I dunno how the hierarchy works, thank God they're changing the name of the parent company, as bad as Embracer is as a name lol)

Still, Vavra is enough of a shithead to not want to give him any money.

Tradesman

May 22, 2019
They continue with the Cry Engine ? That's brave of them given the state Crytek is in.
It would be a sad day if crytek goes under. The engine has a unique look to it that is really impressive in this game and hunt showdown. Hopefully with better cpus in next gen consoles it will be more stable and more devs may use it .

prudis

Oct 25, 2017
CZ
interesting , just when i heard in local podcast that they are switching to UE , i guess the jurnous got trolled

the_fastbuck

Oct 28, 2017
is this the first official acknowledgement of a second KCD? they planned a trilogy from the start but never officially said they are working on the second part. anyway, i'm in. i guess they've learned a lot on the first one and with the new generation on the horizon all world streaming problems they've had with the cryengine will be a thing of the past. henry will be coming to see us again!

Oct 30, 2017
Its a fantastic game but still unoptimized.

I was playing at 1080p/120fps and at times the fps would plummet for seemingly no reason.

Even when you stand still the fps jumps all over the place.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Xbox has been supportive of mods as of late (not just with Bethesda, but also in collaboration with Paradox), so they might come at some point later.

Happy to hear KCD2 is under development, too!

NXGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Recommend using Gamepass to get it as that way you don't give THQ or Vavra any of your money
You do not understand how this system works I guess, everyone gets paid via these solutions, even PS+ and XBL games.
Btw is this a good time to jump in? I heard good things but I'm not so sure
Absolutely, the game is a classic and I really enjoyed its original and historic tone throughout. The use of all the hardware and scaling from consoles, premium and then PC is excellent, You just need a Top end PC to go uber, both CPU and GPU.
It is now, the 66k is 3/4 years old at 4 Threads. Games that parrallise workloads well (which this does) will suffer and this CPU will limit your performance here, unless you have a very duff GPU.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Some might say that's better than giving epic more money by using unreal.

But yeah, performance of the cryengine games is always something to cry about. It gives you beatifull games for sure, but boy, are they demanding.

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, I have i7 6700K and I can confirm it's very poor nowadays.

KCD2!? Megaton news, something to look forward to.
Henry OUR LORD AND SAVIOR HAS COME BACK!

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
is this the first official acknowledgement of a second KCD? they planned a trilogy from the start but never officially said they are working on the second part. anyway, i'm in. i guess they've learned a lot on the first one and with the new generation on the horizon all world streaming problems they've had with the cryengine will be a thing of the past. henry will be coming to see us again!

Reading the article, I don't get the impression of a formal announcement, more like a hint. But with how well-received and successful KC:D was, and the way it "ended" its story, I wouldn't be surprised if work on the sequel has been ongoing for a while now. Jesus Christ be praised!

growler

Oct 26, 2017
Very excited for mod support, mainly for bug fixes. I got about 2 hours in (via Game Pass) before the game started skipping all dialogue, lol. Could never get it resolved, which is a damn shame because it was the first open world game that appealed to me since Fallout New Vegas. Also if anyone knows how to fix this issue I'd love to start playing again more quickly!

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Very excited for mod support, mainly for bug fixes. I got about 2 hours in (via Game Pass) before the game started skipping all dialogue, lol. Could never get it resolved, which is a damn shame because it was the first open world game that appealed to me since Fallout New Vegas. Also if anyone knows how to fix this issue I'd love to start playing again more quickly!
Will you even be able to mod the game with Gamepass? I thought everything on Gamepass is not a win32 version of the game. If it's UWP it's not gonna be moddable.

Someone correct me on this if I'm wrong.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas

Hows the combat? In footage it always looked a bit weird to me.

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Will you even be able to mod the game with Gamepass? I thought everything on Gamepass is not a win32 version of the game. If it's UWP it's not gonna be moddable.

Someone correct me on this if I'm wrong.
You can't because Microsoft locks down WinStore apps with heavy permissions. I tried to get rid of the hideous sharpening effects in the game with a mod, but you can't copy new files to the directory even with the proper permissions.

So I uninstalled it.

Oct 25, 2017
You can't mod the game if you got it via Game Pass or Windows Store, you have to buy the game on Steam or GOG. So you're pretty much stuck with all the issues until you to buy the game.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
No surprise that it's using Cry Engine against. We'll also get another game sooner this way.

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not to derail the thread, but does that nasty dude still work for them?