• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ArnoldJRimmer

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
True, I heard a lot of the issues were bug related and that now the game is in a much better place. Anyone know if it's on sale anywhere. I had my heart set on trying it out today :(

Cat_o_Nine

Dec 12, 2017
USA
I got the game and from the ashes for $27~ USD the other day. Bout as cheap as I've ever seen it.

I just started playing last night, for six hours straight. Now I wish I didn't have work so I could continue playing :(

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
Nice sales for a niche title. Aside from awful combat and lockpicking with controller, the game was great. Very demanding game though, can't get nowhere near 60fps in towns no matter what settings. Outside of towns the game looks stunning and runs nicely.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Regarding the sale, smejki (designer) posted

Further notes:
  • Nobody outside the old and new owners knew about this deal until yesterday evening. One of the major reasons of course is the fact that THQ is a publically traded company and leaking this could lresult in insider trading.
  • A third party has always had a majority stake in our company. We faced many grave challenges and at any time (like 3 occasions really) they could have just jumped on the brakes and dissolve the company altogether. This recent change means that now it will be a major company in the games industry who will be deciding our fate and not an individual who primarily dealt in energies.
  • So far nothing changes internally and it should remain as is for the forseeable future.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Glad it sold well. Hope their followup isn't the nigh on decade in development that KCD was, especially now that THQN have their back

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Good, I hope this mean we might have more historical RPG is the future, as opposed to fantasy ones. I still want to see 4th century Rome recreated in all its glory.
Same, hopefully this shows other developers that these types of games/concepts are profitable. There is so much potential in recreating actual historical events.

Happy for warhorse, great game, well deserved.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Dan Vávra is a shithead, but I have to admit I liked the game a lot.
It scratched that Elder Scrolls itch pretty well, I'm curious what their next game will be like.

Pretty much.

Dumped around 100 hours on this game last year. I think for a lot of people it scratched a very particular "medieval-themed simulation game" itch that had been lingering for a while, possibly since Oblivion or even Morrowind (neither of which I've played yet). Skyrim and Witcher 3 only lightly brushed that itch. I also noted some of the people into this game are the same people waiting for Mount & Blade II.

KCD's pursuit of slow-paced verisimilitude is also reminiscent of Shenmue.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Pretty much.

Dumped around 100 hours on this game last year. I think for a lot of people it scratched a very particular "medieval-themed simulation game" itch that had been lingering for a while, possibly since Oblivion or even Morrowind (neither of which I've played yet). Skyrim and Witcher 3 only lightly brushed that itch. I also noted some of the people into this game are the same people waiting for Mount & Blade II.

KCD's pursuit of slow-paced verisimilitude is also reminiscent of Shenmue.

Yeah, this game felt more like Morrowind/Oblivion than Skyrim, in a good way.

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Great and immersive as fuck game. Combat was kinda meh though.
Any other game that make you feel the same sensation? Gorhic maybe? (Played Withcer 3)

Adree

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vavra aside wasn't the game pretty terrible on consoles with frame pacing issues that never got fixed?