• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Following up on my post from the other day... yeah good bows and arrows coupled with some decent armor can just break the game.

Without giving too much away, there's a part in the story where you're supposed to scout a big enemy camp. I ended up killing every single enemy in the camp, probably around 30 or so, simply by running backwards and shooting arrows into the faces of my pursuers. Too bad the game didn't recognize my actions since I had to go back with a crew and fight the whole camp of enemies again since they miraculously respawned for the big quest encounter.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Following up on my post from the other day... yeah good bows and arrows coupled with some decent armor can just break the game.

Without giving too much away, there's a part in the story where you're supposed to scout a big enemy camp. I ended up killing every single enemy in the camp, probably around 30 or so, simply by running backwards and shooting arrows into the faces of my pursuers. Too bad the game didn't recognize my actions since I had to go back with a crew and fight the whole camp of enemies again since they miraculously respawned for the big quest encounter.
But the loot. Too bad you can only carry so much lol

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I wanna do this but me and my wife are eachothers primary on our different consoles. So she is primary on mine, I am on hers so we can game share. Not sure how that would work adding a whole new account and if it would let me play it as my everyday account =(

Jurai

Oct 27, 2017
I wanna do this but me and my wife are eachothers primary on our different consoles. So she is primary on mine, I am on hers so we can game share. Not sure how that would work adding a whole new account and if it would let me play it as my everyday account =(

When you add a new account there's an option if you want to let every account on the system access any titles you install, the default is to allow all, just asa your Indonesian psn, download game, then switch back to your primary account and play away

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
When you add a new account there's an option if you want to let every account on the system access any titles you install, the default is to allow all, just asa your Indonesian psn, download game, then switch back to your primary account and play away

Oh nice, never knew that. Once I finish downloading the game on my main account can I just delete the indonesian one or will that remove my access to the game?

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Jumped over a fence and fell through the world getting stuck inside a cliff side. Last save was about 15-20 mins ago. Really enjoying the game overall but issues like this keep happening and making me want to give up.

Deleted member 1635

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jumped over a fence and fell through the world getting stuck inside a cliff side. Last save was about 15-20 mins ago. Really enjoying the game overall but issues like this keep happening and making me want to give up.

If you're on PC, there is a mod that lets you save as much as you want without any negative effects. Otherwise... yeah, you might want to wait for some more patches.

Jurai

Oct 27, 2017
Oh nice, never knew that. Once I finish downloading the game on my main account can I just delete the indonesian one or will that remove my access to the game?

I'm pretty sure you'd need that account since the actual license is tied to it, but you don't have to sign into it every boot or anything like that

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I usually never have luck with these type of things but after 10 minutes I now own this game for $16 ( I was a tad late on the cheaper deal for psn credit). I also learned after years of being a Playstation gamer that you can have one console as the primary for multiple accounts. Feels lame having a whole different account for just one game for but tough to be upset about it when getting a $43 discount days after launch.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Snagged Ezio collection with the remainder of the credit I had. I know others said not to worry but curious if Sony will respond in any way to this pricing error.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Money hasn't became pointless for me and I'm 30 hours in, my equipment gets beat up in most fights and costs 100's of grochen to repair most if it, I still have to buy a new horse and the really good ones are like 2k+ grochen, then you throw in the saddle/bridle, etc which will run over 1k+ too, then there's plate armor/high end weapons that are 1k+ a pop as well.

Most quests rewards, activities like bandit camps, etc pull in like 50-100 grochen or so depending on a few variables (IE how many bandits are the camp and how many ears you get). Reselling the equipment might get you a couple hundred on top of it if you can carry it back.

I mean unless you're just playing a thief and looting all the chests and then fencing the equipment I don't feel like money becomes pointless quickly at all if you play a heroic/good style character.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Ok so can we now talk about how the game doesn't have an actual ending yet ?:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/c...me_deliverance_ending_to_be_sold_as/?sort=new
I mean they say right there in an interview that the game is supposed to be complete but according this and other reports i read now the story is not finished and you don't even get to complete the mainquest which is definitely not something i've seen in an RPG bevore, i think this is super lame and they should have made this known to the buyers i certainly didn't know this.

Einherjer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Since KS the game was supposed to be divided in 3 different acts, but they changed the plan, KCD includes the first and the second act, the 3rd one in the sequel.
You guys need to follow the KS updates of the games.

https://www.pcgamer.com/kingdom-come-deliverance-developer-already-has-sequel-planned/

In conversation with GameWatcher, Warhorse's PR person Tobias Stolz-Zwilling talks to this point while also pointing to a future sequel. "It was necessary to split the game to put smaller 'parts' on the Kickstarter," he says. "This however, isn't up to date anymore. We already reshuffled this idea and will release a regular RPG title: Kingdom Come: Deliverance, with a closed story. The next game will be 'Kingdom Come 2' (not official name) and will offer a new story, map and more."

They certainly didn't say so in interviews and i didn't back the game so why would i follow the KS? They could have at least put this info on the steampage this is a bit shady if you ask me.

MrWhite

Nov 28, 2017
Netherlands
Although I checked if the game mentioned the words 'Game Saved' and looked for the save file in the loading screen, it's now gone and I have to do three hours worth of quests all over again. Man, this is really not cool. I'm on Xbox One X btw.

Einherjer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
The sequel will most likely continue Henry's story, if KCD ends with a cliffhanger.
I was aware of that, especially because i follow KS games. For example Hollow Knight was a KS games and people were surprised by the 3 DLC free content, a thing that was announced in the KS page.

I don't see this written anywhere can you provide a source? I think the interview i linked above pretty clearly says this is not the case.

Oct 31, 2017
about to dive into this today or tomorrow (depending on when the ebay purchase arrives). Any must-know tips from the "veterans" in here? Anything that I should completely avoid doing/ must definitely do. Playing on PS4 btw

Oct 26, 2017
I don't see this written anywhere can you provide a source? I think the interview i linked above pretty clearly says this is not the case.

I said "most likely", i'm not sure about that.
But i think a sequel for KCD will have Henry's as a main PG IF the ending is a cliffhanger.
I still need to finish the game, i don't think they will release a game with an unfinished plot and jump on a ""sequel"" with different main protagonist.

Einherjer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I said "most likely", i'm not sure about that.
But i think a sequel for KCD will have Henry's as a main PG IF the ending is a cliffhanger.
I still need to finish the game, i don't think they will release a game with an unfinished plot and jump on a ""sequel"" with different main protagonist.

Well according to the interview above that's the plan.

kionedrik

Oct 27, 2017
The game only saves when you sleep in a bed you own. So, you have to rent a night in the inn, or already own the bed for some story reason. Then you can nap 1 hour and save.

I believe you need to own a bed for your game to save while sleeping. I've slept in a random camp in the woods, and the game didn't save. But my game did save when I slept at Miller Peshek's and the Inn room I permanently rented.

Well, I guess I hit a nasty bug then because I slept in the bed at the Miller's place where I originally woke up and the game didn't save. I lost ~1h of progress thanks to it.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
E9I4xG8fOBI5ClR7NTS1G3nkKSq9tUS3FTDQR2YuYBk.jpg

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know the specifics of the ending and do not want to know, though I doubt there is any horrible unfinishedness to it (from what I read there is an epilogue, long cutscene at the end etc), but from an interview Victor Bocan (lead technical designer) did with Sektor.sk website:

Regarding the future, do you have any assets or animations done, do you see a possible sequel development being quicker?

It is not decided yet if we will be making a sequel. But since the kickstarter it is no secret that we would like to. The history is open and if you remember, when we talked about the game years ago, we said we are making a Hussite game, or rather a game that takes place just before Hussites. And that is because we wanted it to be a kind of launching pad from which we can then continue and get to actual Hussite Wars, which were very interesting. So there is definitely a will to make a sequel, and it now depends on sales, general reception of the game, and so on. Obviously if we make it, it would be a continuation of Deliverance, se we could and would use the basic mechanics and technology we have, eventhough we would of course try to improve it. There is a lot of stuff that can be improved. Although it would hopefully take less time, since we have the technology and could focus in improvements and creating new stories.

(original slovakian:)
Keď už hovoríš o ďalšej časti, máte hotové nejaké animácie a materiály, vidíte reálne rýchlejší vývoj prípadného pokračovania?

Ešte nie je vôbec rozhodnuté, či budeme robiť pokračovanie. Hoci už od Kickstarteru netajíme, že by sme chceli. Ale ten príbeh je otvorený a ak si pamätáš, keď sme o tom hovorili pred rokmi, vraveli sme, že robíme husitskú hru, respektíve hru, ktorá sa odohráva pred Husitmi. A to práve preto, aby to bol taký rozjazd, na ktorý potom môžeme nadviazať a dostať sa aj k husitským vojnám, ktoré sú veľmi zaujímavé. Takže tá vôľa tu určite je a či napokon pokračovanie budeme robiť, veľmi záleží na predaji, obecných výsledkoch atď. Pochopiteľne, počítame s tým, že výrazne nadviažeme na túto hru. Čo znamená, že väčšinu tých základných mechaník už máme hotovú a tie použijeme a, samozrejme, budeme sa ich snažiť vylepšiť. Je naozaj dosť toho, čo sa dá vylepšovať. Ale určite to potrvá kratšie. Aspoň dúfame, pretože tieto veci máme hotové a budeme ich len zdokonaľovať a vytvárať nové zápletky.

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't give a shit about the ending as long as the experience along the way is fulfilling enough. I rarely finish games these days anyway to concern myself with whether an ending cutscene provides "closure" or not.

KatiePT

Jan 25, 2018
Maybe I'm weird but I absolutely love the saving mechanics and archery.

Playing without savescumming is where the game is at its best. If you savescum fights and thievery you'll break the economy in half an hour and then the game is way too easy.

Also archery is fantastic. You're not meant to be Robin Hood from the get to, the sense of learning and improving wile you train is priceless.

Deleted member 25600

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
As a weird turn of events I just took up a short career as a travelling offal merchant which ended in murder.

I came across a guy skinning a deer, accused him of poaching, he accused me, but I was able to win the conversation and send him off. Then I took 52 kidneys from a single deer corpse....

Anyway, I went and laundered the kidneys by cooking them. Mounted up my horse and began travelling from tavern to tavern selling my kidneys for 13-18 groschen a pop. I travelled far and wide, and made a total of 600+ Groschen. I also bought permanent rooms at every in I found too.

On my way into the last town on my route I found a knight in the middle of the road. He wanted an honourable duel and I wanted money. As it turned out he was far more skilled and better equipped than I. He beat me easily and I lost 250G. But when he turned his back I choked him out and caved his head in with my morgenstern. Got all my cash back and more.

Thus ended my profitable venture.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017

Playing without savescumming is where the game is at its best. If you savescum fights and thievery you'll break the economy in half an hour and then the game is way too easy.

Also archery is fantastic. You're not meant to be Robin Hood from the get to, the sense of learning and improving wile you train is priceless.
Agreed completely, the game just wouldn't be the same without the saving mechanics. I accidentally murdered a a well meaning knight, and rather than just reloading a save, myself and henry have to live with our mistake. Was pretty messed up, dude was talking about how his mom forced him to fight me...and I cut him down...it will haunt Henry for the rest of his life :p

Arulan

Oct 25, 2017
Sneaking into the executioner's house was great. I waited until the cover of night, though it was a little hard to see once inside the fencing. I stumbled into a pig, and as I turned around I see one of his hounds start to slowly get up. I hope buying this steak was it. As it turns out, yes, absolutely. I drop all three pieces on the floor, and the hound seems to occupy itself with it. After fumbling around looking for the ring, I finally find the chest next to the door to his bedroom. As I'm leaving, and closing up, I think I heard him wake up or say something in his sleep. Before I could find out I dashed out and down the side of the hill, and almost kill myself in the process. A good night.

Socrates

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sneaking into the executioner's house was great. I waited until the cover of night, though it was a little hard to see once inside the fencing. I stumbled into a pig, and as I turned around I see one of his hounds start to slowly get up. I hope buying this steak was it. As it turns out, yes, absolutely. I drop all three pieces on the floor, and the hound seems to occupy itself with it. After fumbling around looking for the ring, I finally find the chest next to the door to his bedroom. As I'm leaving, and closing up, I think I heard him wake up or say something in his sleep. Before I could find out I dashed out and down the side of the hill, and almost kill myself in the process. A good night.

I got caught, panicked and murdered the man and his dogs.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Is there a place for me to learn more about unarmed combat or just beating people up and experimenting?
Sorry I need to correct myself here. The basic block and dodge also work for unarmed, it's just the more advanced skill combo's that are different. Switching angles like you learned with the sword should also apply here. Other than that, it seems mostly experimenting.

FarmerGiles

Nov 3, 2017
Went through the door to the castle garden in Rattay, door locked behind me with a hard level with no other way to get out and only 2 lockpicks. Ended up having to jump over the castle wall, nearly breaking my legs in the process.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017

I agree with that, not having access to save scumming is a really nice feature. I always use it when available, especially in games like CK2, EU4, XCOM. Kingdom Come is clearly designed with that aspect in mind.

However, not having played the game yet and reading about the comments in here, which might be greatly blown out of proportion by people here mind you, it seems that the save system from Kingdom Come is lacking not because it doesn't allow save scumming, but because the timeframes in which it saves is pretty large. Some people say they can play up to an hour without having a save occur. That's not just anti-save scumming, that is just old fashioned design. Most games that come with a feature like that either saves every few turns, every X time (which is lower than an hour) and when the player takes an important decision.

It's also pretty much always an option, as opposed to something that is forced unto the player. Which I feel is a good compromise.

I'll have to play it to see if it's a case of people blowing things out of proportion, or if it's good criticism.

PorcoLighto

Oct 25, 2017
Went through the door to the castle garden in Rattay, door locked behind me with a hard level with no other way to get out and only 2 lockpicks. Ended up having to jump over the castle wall, nearly breaking my legs in the process.
Hah, glad to see I am not the only one to get into that situation. Though in my case, Henry was on low health and he fucking died.