• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bows are definitely overpowered once you get a good one and a bunch of nice arrows. I don't think I'm ever going to waste time fighting with swords again. Just run backwards and shoot dudes in the face since they so conveniently come straight at you.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Bows are definitely overpowered once you get a good one and a bunch of nice arrows. I don't think I'm ever going to waste time fighting with swords again. Just run backwards and shoot dudes in the face since they so conveniently come straight at you.
Yea that was an issue in beta. The A.I is suppose to run at you if you have you bow out and stop you from firing, but that isn't always the case so you can just walk backwards and herd them in a line while firing off arrows.

Rivyn

Oct 26, 2017
Can you actually level up your weapon and defence stats while doing the basic training, or does that only level up in combat?

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Lol
I told the bandits where Timmy was, then started killing them by chasing after and then choking them out . Finally had the last guy alone in the town, had fought him into surrendering, and was in the middle of talking to him about paying me to let him go...when a foot came out nowhere and knocked him unconscious. The local shopkeeper has kicked him in the head in the middle of our conversation

Deleted member 1635

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game was really too ambitious for its own good. All these NPCs with their own routines to try and make it all feel real and lived in, but you can have very few meaningful interactions and almost no one reacts in a believable way to the things that you can do.

There are some really good moments in the game, though, and sometimes you can see the brilliance really shine through the jank, clunkiness, and bugs, but those things rear their heads way too often for this to be a truly memorable experience.

That's my take at around 20 hours in.

Anoxida

Oct 30, 2017
The game was really too ambitious for its own good. All these NPCs with their own routines to try and make it all feel real and lived in, but you can have very few meaningful interactions and almost no one reacts in a believable way to the things that you can do.

There are some really good moments in the game, though, and sometimes you can see the brilliance really shine through the jank, clunkiness, and bugs, but those things rear their heads way too often for this to be a truly memorable experience.

That's my take at around 20 hours in.

Funny how opinions can differ so much. I think this is the best RPG since Witcher 3, and it does a lot of things even better than that game.

Deleted member 1635

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Funny how opinions can differ so much. I think this is the best RPG since Witcher 3, and it does a lot of things even better than that game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm having a great time with the game. The attention to detail in creating the world really makes it have a great sense of place. The stories are engrossing and I like a lot of the characters. Many of the systems are surprisingly good, too.

It's just that every play session is chocked full of unfortunate moments and bugs and bogged down by a general clunkiness that can take some of the joy away. I'm definitely going to see it through to the end, though.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Sick of pop in and the textures taking ages to load

I3cW9uf.jpg

Also, oops

G0eceIW.jpg

Paid him for the dead mans ring, game said I'd be conned so I fired an arrow at him, he yielded I let him go but without his weapon. Stole it, went to the miller, completed the quest and saw his body on the road. Guess he bled out?

Went to his home and slept the night. Killed one of the dogs by accident, so killed the other 2 to stop them barking. Ate their dog meat in his cooking pot.

/notapsychopath

Anoxida

Oct 30, 2017
Don't get me wrong, I'm having a great time with the game. The attention to detail in creating the world really makes it have a great sense of place. The stories are engrossing and I like a lot of the characters. Many of the systems are surprisingly good, too.

It's just that every play session is chocked full of unfortunate moments and bugs and bogged down by a general clunkiness that can take some of the joy away. I'm definitely going to see it through to the end, though.

Game is definitely more optimally played about 2-3 months from now after some patches, that's for sure. Still love it though.

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
Christ, just tried the game on the PS4 pro. Framerate at the start wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but the moment I had to lockpick something....who the hell thought this system was a good idea? :o

Oct 26, 2017
Sick of pop in and the textures taking ages to load

I3cW9uf.jpg

Also, oops

G0eceIW.jpg

Paid him for the dead mans ring, game said I'd be conned so I fired an arrow at him, he yielded I let him go but without his weapon. Stole it, went to the miller, completed the quest and saw his body on the road. Guess he bled out?

Went to his home and slept the night. Killed one of the dogs by accident, so killed the other 2 to stop them barking. Ate their dog meat in his cooking pot.

/notapsychopath
LOL!

My god some of the stories in this thread have me dying.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Why does this game make the fans on my X go absolutely nuts all the time? Really hope they can sort that, I wasn't even aware the console could run so loud for extended periods - it's literally the only game I've heard do it .

Swanlee

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Lock picking is fine on a controller. Just move both sticks in unison counter clockwise keeping the right stick steady enough for the circle to stay gold as you turn it. Once you get the hang of it the system is fine and should be tricky since locks are meant to keep people out.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Is there any guide on how the reputation/guard searches work and what triggers them?

I see people talking about guards harassing them to search them and such and people saying that they know if you stole things even if no one saw you do it, etc.

I have picked plenty of chests and stolen items in my playthrough and I have yet to have a single guard approach me to search me. My reputation in Rattay is around 90 or so.

Oct 26, 2017
Why does this game make the fans on my X go absolutely nuts all the time? Really hope they can sort that, I wasn't even aware the console could run so loud for extended periods - it's literally the only game I've heard do it .
I saw someone questioning if it's due to an uncapped frame rate at times.

I'm playing on PC and while most of the cutscenes are like 33fps tops, I've noticed a few times that the fps is 130+ during some. That user said they were mostly having issues in the menu and during cutscenes so it's a solid thought, but it could be due to one of a multitude of different issues.

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
Is the game really that bad on consoles? Looks, like this is one of those games that don't even touch it for a 6 months so things gets fixed an optimized.

Catsygreen

Nov 1, 2017

That's why I can't wait for Kingdom Come Deliverance 2 and also KCD Remaster & Enhanced edition.
By that time, they will have budget and learned from past mistakes.
Now that doesn't mean this first episode is not surprising in terms of quality and content. For example, the framing of the cutscenes during the prologue is surprisingly good, it looked like it was done by CD Projekt.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
In Skyrim the NPCs only ate bread. In KCD, NPCs only eat drum sticks.

Holy fuck, I killed a fully armored Cuman with one hit with the master strike.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017

Yeah, I posted that a few dozen pages back. If you listen carefully, the fans really kick up during cinematics and if you are in the menu's for a pro-long amount of time. What some of us think are that the cinematics and menu's run at an uncapped frame rate and that is what causing. Usually after a cut scene and I am in the world walking/running around after a little bit the fans turn down and it is near silent for a while until another cinematic or I am in the codex for a while. They just need to cap the frame rate in these sequences and it should not do it..but with the amount of bugs and other issues, I am sure a fix for this is going to be a long while.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Ok so I just played through the first big battle and
all was going well except for the frame rate but I could live with that cause I can't think of any other game that has real-time medieval battles like this but then when we broke down the gate the cutscenes bugged out and only played for like 5 seconds before going to an infinite loading screen. Along the bottom were the subtitles for the fight, no sound, no visuals except the loading icon. Eventually it loaded me into the fight with Runt. Had to watch the preceding cutscene on youtube. Not the end of the world but super frustrating and immersion-breaking.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Currently serving a goddamn 10 day jail sentence for simply knocking someone out...

Is it possible that I'll miss some side quests because of this? I'd be pissed

Zoso

Oct 27, 2017

30 hours in and I'd have to agree. This game is way better than I expected it to be.
I've encountered a few annoying bugs, but nothing major. In my experience, every Bethesda game has been buggier on launch than Kingdom Come.

MrWhite

Nov 28, 2017
Netherlands

Lol. I paused the game to watch a couple of youtube videos on my laptop and eventually quit the game completely cause I thought my Xbox One X was going to fly away.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
So parry is by blocking when the symbol appears, and riposte is blocking when the enemy starts attacking? Or is riposte a parry + attack?

kionedrik

Oct 27, 2017
The save system is seriously killing my enjoyment of the game. I don't have a lot of time to play the game and I'd love to play it on my own pace but every time I think about playing I need to make sure I have 1h to spare, because it feels like the game punishes you if you treat it as a pick-up-and-play-for-20-minutes type of game, and pray I'll hit an auto-save, otherwise I'll just have to replay everything the next day... I'm loving what I'm playing but this is getting frustrating.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
So parry is by blocking when the symbol appears, and riposte is blocking when the enemy starts attacking? Or is riposte a parry + attack?
From what I can tell a riposte has chance of happening when you do a perfect block/parry (hitting block when the green shield appears) and the chance of this happening increases as your sword skill does.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
The save system is seriously killing my enjoyment of the game. I don't have a lot of time to play the game and I'd love to play it on my own pace but every time I think about playing I need to make sure I have 1h to spare, because it feels like the game punishes you if you treat it as a pick-up-and-play-for-20-minutes type of game, and pray I'll hit an auto-save, otherwise I'll just have to replay everything the next day... I'm loving what I'm playing but this is getting frustrating.
Just look out for sleeping places when playing. You can stumble upon them pretty frequently.