• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
I was told that I needed to dig up a corpse and take a ring off it. So, I go out as it is slowly approaching night, and dig up the damn corpse and there is no ring. I then go back to the quest giver and he tells me the executioner will have it in a chest in his house beside the dead body. I say fuck it and go back out in the middle of the night assuming it is the best option, as the resident will be asleep. I arrive at the house and notice there are dogs, so don't take my torch out and wander around in the fucking dark until I find some chest with a lock.

THAT'S IT! I shout in joy, then as I pick the lock...my lockpick snaps and the owner wakes up. I hid in a dark corner and he walks right by me looking near the chest, so I sneak up and choke him out. I then take this opportunity and loot him too, and steal everything he has. I open the chest with his key and....that's not it.

Wait a second I think...I'm in some fucking shed of his! Not even his house!

I go back out, sneak by more dogs and get into his house. I check every room and obviously, the last room has the chest I need, and I get the ring.

Then the front door opens

He's awake!? I open the door to my room and hide behind it against the wall, he walks in and I murder him in fear. I proceed to run back to the quest giver.

This was only a test and he didn't even want the ring, it's a worthless piece of metal.

FUCK

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
They go so far with the realism that reading a book in a well lit room provides extra bonuses yet you don't ever have to piss or shit lol

I think that's one of those lines where realism would become more annoying then what it's worth. When making a game that leans on realism you have to balance it around being a game and being fun, what aspect does having that add to the game? Having to use the bathroom is one that imo would just be a negative without any real addition to anything meaningful.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
I was told that I needed to dig up a corpse and take a ring off it. So, I go out as it is slowly approaching night, and dig up the damn corpse and there is no ring. I then go back to the quest giver and he tells me the executioner will have it in a chest in his house beside the dead body. I say fuck it and go back out in the middle of the night assuming it is the best option, as the resident will be asleep. I arrive at the house and notice there are dogs, so don't take my torch out and wander around in the fucking dark until I find some chest with a lock.

THAT'S IT! I shout in joy, then as I pick the lock...my lockpick snaps and the owner wakes up. I hid in a dark corner and he walks right by me looking near the chest, so I sneak up and choke him out. I then take this opportunity and loot him too, and steal everything he has. I open the chest with his key and....that's not it.

Wait a second I think...I'm in some fucking shed of his! Not even his house!

I go back out, sneak by more dogs and get into his house. I check every room and obviously, the last room has the chest I need, and I get the ring.

Then the front door opens

He's awake!? I open the door to my room and hide behind it against the wall, he walks in and I murder him in fear. I proceed to run back to the quest giver.

This was only a test and he didn't even want the ring, it's a worthless piece of metal.

FUCK

lol that quest can actually be a lot easier

if you convince the executioner that the quest giver owes him some shit, he will leave his house for some time making it easier to loot

Mondy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think that's one of those lines where realism would become more annoying then what it's worth. When making a game that leans on realism you have to balance it around being a game and being fun, what aspect does having that add to the game? Having to use the bathroom is one that imo would just be a negative without any real addition to anything meaningful.

Pushing out a massive turd boosts your strength stat....

:)

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
Will look into getting this. In terms of role-playing mechanics, is it more immersive like Morrowind where your decisions have consequences and has immersive questlines or is it more of an adventure game like Skyrim where it only few decisions have consequences but combat is solid at least?

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm at Rattay, can someone tell me with as little spoilers as possible, whether I can get a horse yet? Or should I just keep playing?

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
You know, no one seems to care when you can eat food from cooking pots lol.

Don't mind me, just some random guy, gonna eat your food now and leave.

HDMF76

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User warned: Endorsing a recognized alt-right figurehead and a history of espousing similar views
I don't know of any far-left devs who made national news, but I can say that the mere whiff of an SJW agenda gets tons of press. See: The Force Awakens 2 years ago and TLJ this year. Me typing in the last jedi sjw gave me 185k hits, articles in decently sized news orgs, and a video titled "Gender Wars: The Last Snowflae" by popular 'Youtube Skeptic' Sargon of Akkad with nearly 1 mill views.

So in a nutshell, yes people hyper-analyze shit on 'both sides'.

This is why people like Jordan Peterson are so bloody important right now.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
So Miller Pashek just mentioned something about reading the Bible. Wasn't it illegal back then to own a copy, let alone read, the Bible? Or maybe he was speaking figuratively.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Since some of you are probably already further than me now, do you have a tip about the second map from the special edition?

I can't get behind it, the river on the top doesn't make sense if its left from Rattay.

6AOlZ30.png

Oh and what do you do to wear full body knight armor and have space to collect stuff? I posted my armor a few days ago and with that I'm already at maximum capacity with 105 weight.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Since some of you are probably already further than me now, do you have a tip about the second map from the special edition?

I can't get behind it, the river on the top doesn't make sense if its left from Rattay.

6AOlZ30.png

Oh and what do you do to wear full body knight armor and have space to collect stuff? I posted my armor a few days ago and with that I'm already at maximum capacity with 105 weight.

Wow this is amazing. Now I kinda wish the main game map was also hand held like this.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
So Miller Pashek just mentioned something about reading the Bible. Wasn't it illegal back then to own a copy, let alone read, the Bible? Or maybe he was speaking figuratively.

At that time Bibles were written by hand, usually transcribed by monks. People didn't own them in their homes, there was no mass production at that time (it came later in the 15th century).

It wasn't illegal to own a bible, just that they weren't produced and even if they could get one, most people were not capable of reading at the time.

That's why art was so important in those days, a lot of things were told through paintings and pictures and through the priests at churches that they went to.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just speculation, but you do join an order of monks and do lots of monk stuff as part of a quest.

You're not entirely wrong, though. People who tried to translate the Bible into the language of the common people were persecuted and sometimes killed. It wasn't like North Korea where they send your entire family to the death camps for having a page of the Bible, but people who tried to translate and distribute Bibles ended up dead. There's a good BBC article on the subject.

http://www.historyextra.com/period/medieval/the-murderous-history-of-bible-translations/

Last edited:

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
At that time Bibles were written by hand, usually transcribed by monks. People didn't own them in their homes, there was no mass production at that time (it came later in the 15th century).

It wasn't illegal to own a bible, just that they weren't produced and even if they could get one, most people were not capable of reading at the time.

That's why art was so important in those days, a lot of things were told through paintings and pictures and through the priests at churches that they went to.
Yeah, makes sense. I'm probably confusing it with the translated versions of the Bible, which were definitely considered illegal by the Church.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man I suck at sword combat so much right now.

I couldn't rescue Teresa. Lord knows I tried but between the 4 guys running up and down the road and the 3 going after her I didn't stand a chance, but I did get the trophy since all you have to do is interrupt them I guess. I ended up having to steal a horse and take off

Mondy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I couldn't rescue Teresa. Lord knows I tried but between the 4 guys running up and down the road and the 3 going after her I didn't stand a chance, but I did get the trophy since all you have to do is interrupt them I guess. I ended up having to steal a horse and take off

You aren't supposed to fight and defeat those guys. It's impossible. Just interrupt and run

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Seems like there some confusion on patches for the Xbox One version of the game. Found this article from Kotaku:

https://kotaku.com/kingdom-come-deliverances-xbox-patches-are-a-mess-1823050731

Here is a portion of the article:

"Currently, the issue appears to be that while both consoles did get their promised day one patch, features like being able to use a bow and arrow while crouching still aren't working for some Xbox One players. Daniel Vávra, the game's creative director, said today on Twitter that while a version 1.0.3 had already passed certification and been distributed to PS4, a week one update for the Xbox One version of the game is "still in progress."

Leading up to that, I had read of conflicting reports from the devs on the status of updates and version numbers. Seems like the latest patch is out for PS4 and we are "in progress" for the Xbox One patch. Seems kind of a mess based on what I have read. Hope they get the communication ironed out.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn

You don't have to fight them. As long as you get their attention, she'll run in the house. All I did was grab the horse, and try to run em over.

Oct 25, 2017
Went back to Skalitz and now I'm in Rattay, a question:

I don't want to loot corpses, especially not after what just happened in Skalitz. If I get the money through other means, can I give it to him and finish the quest this way? Or will I just miss on this content by refusing to do the work he's asking me to?

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn

I don't want to loot corpses, especially not after what just happened in Skalitz. If I get the money through other means, can I give it to him and finish the quest this way? Or will I just miss on this content by refusing to do the work he's asking me to?
You don't have to do his quest. I just paid him, but I decided to pay him after I accepted his quest, it's still logged in my side quests tab, but yes you can just pay him. You also owe the apothecary in Rattay, but it's not listed as a quest.

Oct 25, 2017
You don't have to do his quest. I just paid him, but I decided to pay him after I accepted his quest, it's still logged in my side quests tab, but yes you can just pay him. You also owe the apothecary in Rattay, but it's not listed as a quest.
Thanks!

It just doesn't feel right at this point. Maybe that'll change, I'm just going with the flow instead of having a specific ideal of Henry in mind, but when my last memory
is threatening a dude who for stealing from corpses, and then almost dying a few minutes later because of him, I can't do it.

I also scared someone to death. I was trying to sneak past a bandit on my way to Skaltiz, and ended up pressing Y by accident. The dude just dropped dead. Out of nowhere. It was such a depressing scene and I was just laughing out loud.

FriskyCanuck

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Just a quick question about stews. Every time I want to add something the pot, I can only add apples or wine despite having carrots, cabbages, etc. Is this supposed to happen?

Arulan

Oct 25, 2017

It's really nice.

The part early on where the guard tells you to lean against a wall (time skip) until morning, I decided to see it through.

It's also worth pointing out that the rain behaves nicely too. Not only does it not clip through roofs, but if the wind is pushing it away from a wall, you can tell that you wouldn't get wet (if you could) standing up against it (because it's not coming straight down).

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
A question for the Good Thief quest
Since the executioner has the ring already, what happens if you dig up the ring instead? I just paid him for it

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
I have had enough with the lock picking mechanics. Too touchy since i love playing on a high sensitivity. Modding that shit right on out until it gets fixed or whatever have you. I understand it is supposed to be difficult with low skill but even easy chests are too touchy. So far that and the abysmal save system are the only things I don't really care for.

Edit: Maybe not! There are reports on nexus of the mod breaking a few quests later on down the line. Will just have to deal with it I guess.

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Just a quick question about stews. Every time I want to add something the pot, I can only add apples or wine despite having carrots, cabbages, etc. Is this supposed to happen?
I recall from the alpha you can add poisons or bad food to stews too, should you want to make raiding a bandit camp or something similar an easier prospect.

Perhaps the ingredients you can add depends on the type of stew, or if the ingredients are already considered present in the stew?

Mondy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have had enough with the lock picking mechanics. Too touchy since i love playing on a high sensitivity. Modding that shit right on out until it gets fixed or whatever have you. I understand it is supposed to be difficult with low skill but even easy chests are too touchy. So far that and the abysmal save system are the only things I don't really care for.

Yeah tying save games to a consumable was.....Not the greatest of ideas.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You aren't supposed to fight and defeat those guys. It's impossible. Just interrupt and run

You don't have to fight them. As long as you get their attention, she'll run in the house. All I did was grab the horse, and try to run em over.

Yeah after I got destroyed I just ran ahead the next time. It didn't occur to me until after I had time to think that all I had to do was harass them, ah well consequences are part of what makes RPGs great.

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

I actually went to the tanner next door to the miller. There's an easy chest in his larder with 200 groschen in it.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah tying save games to a consumable was.....Not the greatest of ideas.

No not at all. I get where they were coming from, it feels like its interesting since it makes your choices have a bit more impact since you can't save scum...but due to glitches, the lockpicking, general screw ups out of your control etc., I just feel the ability to save when and where I want is kind of required in this kind of game.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Some intradeveloper appreciation :)

twqgueq.png

Wildlands is a technical marvel? It runs like shit on PC regardless of hardware. Only the 1080ti can hit 60fps minimum. Before I got my new PC I tried it on my 3570k 4.3GHz/GTX 970 rig and I couldn't get 60fps even on the lowest settings at 720p, whereas every other game ran great on it, I only upgraded because I got a 144Hz monitor and it wasn't cutting it at that frame rate.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wildlands is a technical marvel? It runs like shit on PC regardless of hardware. Only the 1080ti can hit 60fps minimum. Before I got my new PC I tried it on my 3570k 4.3GHz/GTX 970 rig and I couldn't get 60fps even on the lowest settings at 720p, whereas every other game ran great on it, I only upgraded because I got a 144Hz monitor and it wasn't cutting it at that frame rate.

I remember him posting stunning screenshots of Wildlands on facebook and raving about how amazing it looks. No idea about the framerate though, I only played the beta for a short while and it ran ok for me (seemed to be at 60 most of the time on some high preset).