• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
I did it this way
Talked to the Lady, got money for a bribe, She told me to dress as a guard,
Ran around the castle like an idiot searching for the armor.
Found a locked "very easy" chest. But had no lockpick.
Went to the trader to buy a lockpick.
Returned and opened the chest, looted it and equipped it.
Went to the lady, and had a stupid but funny conversation about how she didn't recognize me.
Took my horse from the stable (yes one of the horses is yours lol)
Went to the gate and tried to bribe the guard.
Realized I had used the bribe for a stupid lockpick.
Sold all the shit I didn't need at the trader just next to the guard.
Bribed the guard and rode away.
I scolded him and he chickened out and opened the gate.
Saved me a coin ;) :D

He wouldn't listen to reason... my speech stats were probably to low..
That's it, I think you're right, your stats were low. Awesome game, it's great how many different ways there are to achieve the same goal.

McPoo

Jan 25, 2018
UK
He wouldn't listen to reason... my speech stats were probably to low..

I really like how everyone's sharing how they completed quests, and all the story's differ. Some are only slight changes whereas others have gone about things completely differently.

It seems like a good game to talk to others about.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
I did it this way
Talked to the Lady, got money for a bribe, She told me to dress as a guard,
Ran around the castle like an idiot searching for the armor.
Found a locked "very easy" chest. But had no lockpick.
Went to the trader to buy a lockpick.
Returned and opened the chest, looted it and equipped it.
Went to the lady, and had a stupid but funny conversation about how she didn't recognize me.
Took my horse from the stable (yes one of the horses is yours lol)
Went to the gate and tried to bribe the guard.
Realized I had used the bribe for a stupid lockpick.
Sold all the shit I didn't need at the trader just next to the guard.
Bribed the guard and rode away.
But you dont need to bribe the guard after you get dressed hahahaha
Well, thats another way to do it for sure.

AerialFox

Oct 27, 2017
Lord of Talmberg didnt want to wear a top today, and I can see why. R I P P E D
Y24hoF6.png

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Having some troubles in Rattay if anyone could help me, mainly is there a bed/chest I can sleep and store my stuff in here? Game has me doing a ton of missions here with time frames so I can't go back to the mill in time to also make it back for the missions and I'm overencumbered like heck on top of it all.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My Chivalry and For Honor obsession is seriously paying off in Kingdom Come, I'm Steamrolling every fight. I see a lot of reviews etc saying 'taking on multiple people is very difficult' but I'm winning 1v4 and 1v5s with ease, not even dropping below 95% health.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That doesnt seem like the game acting up. That seems like you or your friend found tough luck and probably is better to not steal and do it in another way?
The game never forces you to steal, so its funny so many people are seeing it as their only option, and the game is crap because its too hard to steal stuff.
Like theres even a really easy way to be a good citizen and still escape without any repercussions, just with the help of a good friend you made.

Acting up in the way of one player could easily do it and had minutes of time to pick the lock because the guards never went into the room with the chest and another player couldn't even get into the room because every 30 seconds 2 guards went into the room to do nothing and walked away afterwards to do the exact thing forever... My friend waited 20 minutes out of sight because i couldn't believe it that the guard ai were this random.

And i know about the other ways. In my playthrough i talked to the maiden, got the money and stole the armor. Didn't even had to bribe the soldier because my speech were high enough for him to have pitty on me.

Stealing is not the only option but a fun one and a bit of consistency in the guards ai isn't to much to ask for.

I guess that's one way to do it and there's no right or wrong way, but for every action there's a reaction and consequences down the line.
By the way
above the room where you wake up
is a tower with the unlocked chest.

Thanks for the tip. i wa quite sure i looted every chest i could...

But it's nice that there're so many possible solutions.

Oct 25, 2017
One little thing about this game I really appreciate is that it doesn't make me press L3 to run. I hate that so much.

Lord of Talmberg didnt want to wear a top today, and I can see why. R I P P E D
Y24hoF6.png
lmao

Divish is such a cool character, my favorite in the game so far. I thought the whole setup with meeting him was extremely clever:

First you get to know his wife a little better, and if you talk to her and pass a few easy skill checks, you'll learn more about their troubled marriage, she'll flirt with you a lot, and you're thinking "oh shit, am I gonna romance a married woman?". At this time you're most likely pondering what that means to your character, and if that's what you want your Henry to do, because the situation seems pretty black and white, it's up to you if you want to romance a married woman or not based on the moral code you want to give him.

But then, before you're able to talk to her again and make your decision, you get to know Divish a little better, in that cutscene where he stands his ground really well against the looming threat of Sigismund invading with his massive army. He seems to be a genuinely good person, you can't help but like him, and he's pretty badass. Suddenly, that romancing option gains a lot more weight, and there are more facets to consider.

It's not unlike Wenceslas vs Sigimund, the intro will have you believing Wenceslas was just a party man, incapable of leading a kingdom, he would only bring doom to his people, and Sigismund was probably right and justified in what he was doing, that would be the better long-term solution. Until you're actually in the game and you experience Sigismund's methods firsthand, and you see that, even though Wenceslas may not be a great king, at least they still had peace and some of the prosperity that was left as Charles IV's legacy.

ejoshua

Oct 27, 2017
Just started it this morning, about an hour and a half through and got finished with the first "event."

I'm struggling to find the hook in the gameplay, but I really like the story so far and I'm finding myself really enjoying Henry. I'm excited to see his rags to bloodier rags story.

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, for anyone who's just not digging the combat or thinks it's too limiting early on, I recorded myself clearing out a bandit camp. I didn't exactly go into it going 'MAKE THE BEST FOOTAGE' but I figured it could be a refreshing look for some people wondering 'if it gets better' and if you can ever truly have Henry be dominating in a fight. With proper armor, a decent sword [even one you're not supposed to use is fine] and using the feints/blocks well, you can devastate:

The first two or three minutes are the main combat, the rest is just some [bad] archery and a look at using a horse to chase enemies down. Mainly included it as a slight jab at the AI, to show how they keep rubberbanding back to the camp even when it's obviously a very bad idea.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't it better AI if it's more random?

Absolutely. I didn't mean that i want the guards to be on only one path and never do something random.

But if 2 guards and only these 2 guards randomly decide to go the same path for over 20 minutes i don't think it's as it should be.

Other guards didn't behave like that at all. They're making their rounds as is their job. But the job of these 2 guards i've spoken of isn't to do exactly the same thing every 30 seconds.

Nobody would think a guards ai is working as intended if he would mount his horse and then umount it just to mount it again. After the 3rd time you would think the game is buggy. After 20 minutes of the same behaviour nobody would think "wow, what a good ai. So unpredictable."

Luckily this game is full of choices and ways around such a situation. Wouldn't be funny if you had to lockpick the chest to advance.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Same...its the full 80 bucks game up here in Canada and reading that a major patch is coming in 2 weeks,I dont mind the wait...continuing on my 2018 backlog resolution anyway,which is going well so far... ;)...

just remember patches don't always fix stuff.. sometimes they break more than they fix.. I remember some backwards flying dragons in Skyrim.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't ever like any of the options I'm given.

LstueXd.png

I want the option where neither of us give her anything, and I suggest she get a job before making her beg elsewhere. I don't like Henry. I don't like anything he does.

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

LstueXd.png

I want the option where neither of us give her anything, and I suggest she get a job before making her beg elsewhere. I don't like Henry. I don't like anything he does.

You can do that, you just locked yourself into that branch of choices by asking if he'd given her coin already. If you tell her to fuck off sooner you can do what you said.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Divish is such a cool character, my favorite in the game so far. I thought the whole setup with meeting him was extremely clever:

First you get to know his wife a little better, and if you talk to her and pass a few easy skill checks, you'll learn more about their troubled marriage, she'll flirt with you a lot, and you're thinking "oh shit, am I gonna romance a married woman?". At this time you're most likely pondering what that means to your character, and if that's what you want your Henry to do, because the situation seems pretty black and white, it's up to you if you want to romance a married woman or not based on the moral code you want to give him.

But then, before you're able to talk to her again and make your decision, you get to know Divish a little better, in that cutscene where he stands his ground really well against the looming threat of Sigismund invading with his massive army. He seems to be a genuinely good person, you can't help but like him, and he's pretty badass. Suddenly, that romancing option gains a lot more weight, and there are more facets to consider.

It's not unlike Wenceslas vs Sigimund, the intro will have you believing Wenceslas was just a party man, incapable of leading a kingdom, he would only bring doom to his people, and Sigismund was probably right and justified in what he was doing, that would be the better long-term solution. Until you're actually in the game and you experience Sigismund's methods firsthand, and you see that, even though Wenceslas may not be a great king, at least they still had peace and some of the prosperity that was left as Charles IV's legacy.

this this this, and a thosand times this.
Not only the part of Divish but also the part of Sigimund and Wenceslos
The game is paritcualrly great at making you part of real history.

I dont really want to cheat myself, but it is not really possible to lockpick on a controller so I guess I have to install this mod.
Im using a controller and it works, its just not easy.

LstueXd.png

That was your fault not Henry's. And I hink he is a great character.
EDIT Beaten

Izkda

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I have a feeling that the lockpick minigame is not tuned to controllers AND it's bugged (Bansai clip).
With M/K a easy lock is, well, easy:

but if you want to open a very hard lock you have to level up your lockpicking skill:

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I have a feeling that the lockpick minigame is not tuned to controllers AND it's bugged (Bansai clip).
With M/K a easy lock is, well, easy:

but if you want to open a very hard lock you have to level up your lockpicking skill:

Funny that with controller you can actually force a hard lockpick even without the skill, even if its harder than the mouse, but with mouse and controller not.
Yeah, seems like its bugged.

Type422

Nov 28, 2017
Regarding Talmberg:

To escape the keep I just couldn't get the lock picked. I also was too cheap, to bribe the guard. So I just jumped down the bridge onto a rock and ran from there. On my way I got stopped by a guard in the village who wanted to get me back into the Keep. So I just ran away lol
He was quite persistent and followed me a while before he finally gave up xD

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I honestly find it hard to believe they tested how bad the lockpicking is on consoles. It's atrocious.

Bombadil

Oct 25, 2017
Near the Withywindle river
Restarted whole game when
I got to Theresa's uncle's house and had the rape dialogue. I actually didn't notice her and the Cuman soldiers my first time through since I was too busy trying to haul ass away from the soldiers chasing me and didn't know how to sprint with a controller.
Seeing how different choices affect what you see/do is pretty fun.

The lockpicking minigame sucks ass.
Yup. It was impossible with a controller (on PC). Using KB+M made it a bit easier but it can still be a pain. My heart goes out to console owners.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why you roleplayin a republican
It's not even any political stance in particular. I didn't like her attitude.

Then Nightingale goes on to yell at a begger for begging in front of the church, and follows that up with something along the lines of, "beggars belong at the church." I didn't understand that.

And of course Henry is going to be an idiot and pretend he doesn't know how to behave in front of nobility. I hate him so much.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I honestly find it hard to believe they tested how bad the lockpicking is on consoles. It's atrocious.

also just picking up simple stuff is a pain on console..
Like in the first room, where you can take the food from the table. You need to be very precise to pick up an apple, and you have to be placed right. Had to move around the table all the time, just to pick up 5 fucking apples.. lol
And it is even worse when you are looking for a container to open, sometimes the prompt "Press X to open" does not appear. You have to kneel or move around the object to find the right angle, so that the prompt appears..