• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
I'm really tempted to buy this game but I think it's best to wait for a sale and a few patches. So far, I'm liking the impressions.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
I really want to like this game, but my god does it feel awful. Everything from moving around to interacting with objects just feels clunky and inaccurate. And I kind of expected that, so it wasn't much of a shock. But combat was where it all fell apart for me. The fist fighting feels awful, but at least usually works. When I started getting into bits involving swords it just wouldn't respond at all after the first swing. I would get a single slash or stab out, and then be completely unable to follow it up with anything while the enemy just circled me and waited or attacked. Other times I couldn't even draw my sword and was stuck just standing there helpless. And other times I would input an attack only for the animation to stop part way through so that the enemy could begin an attack as well; like it was waiting for their's to catch up before letting mine complete.

I'm on a PS4 and hoping this is just some buggy shit going on or maybe an aspect of the tutorial quest and not what I can expect the entire rest fo the game to be like. But for now I absolutely hate the feel of the game in general. Atmosphere, setting, and story/acting seem good enough, though...

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
Night time finally done right?

Comparison with character holding torch then without.
raVPqFF.jpg

1c2pLrA.jpg

qjA8xsz.jpg

2FtxZlK.jpg

ZXFgF36.jpg
cHN7trj.jpg

Last edited:

Gunkankun

Oct 29, 2017
Played for 2 hours now and loving the game so far. Yes it has some bugs, but its running fine. Much smoother then DW9

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know if there are any time sensitive quests in the game (as in they will fail, not "quest must be done at night)? Don't want to sleep to save / restore energy too much and find a bunch of quests have been nuked.

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So yeah, I'm liking this game so far...but I'm liking it more now that I the save mod is available. I'll probably like it even more once the mod comes out that fixes lockpicking.

What's this about a save mod? Just finished the intro sequence and a bit further and the save system has me really concerned about going forward considering how clunky the combat is.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
What's this about a save mod? Just finished the intro sequence and a bit further and the save system has me really concerned about going forward considering how clunky the combat is.

https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/1?tab=description

Simple mod, d/l it, unzip it in your kingdom come data folder and you can save without having to drink (just make sure you save via the esc menu>save and not by drinking the schnapps in your inventory).

philm87

Jan 9, 2018
Anyone know if there are any time sensitive quests in the game (as in they will fail, not "quest must be done at night)? Don't want to sleep to save / restore energy too much and find a bunch of quests have been nuked.

From what I've seen it's mainly if you start a quest and don't follow the NPC's, they'll carry on without you. As in if you start a quest and you're with a group of people going to take out some bandits, then they get there without you, they'll carry on without you and may be pissed that you disappeared. Think it's pretty much impossible to cover everything in one play through though.

philm87

Jan 9, 2018
Can definitely see myself making good use of the ps4's rest mode on this game! Other than the annoyance if you have to stop playing suddenly, the save system doesn't bother me too much.

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Are you supposed to fight the guard that comes after you right after the early village event?
he's cutting me into ribbons, youd think the game would atleast teach you how to block before it fed you to the lions

BabyShams

Nov 7, 2017

So far I've only had two time sensitive "failures." One of which instead of following the guy I now had to meet him somewhere and he yelled at me. The other I was supposed to do something similar failed because I need to sell items and rest, when I finally caught up to him he yelled at me.

So far I only get yelled at

Kentsui

Oct 26, 2017
I'm on a PS4 and hoping this is just some buggy shit going on or maybe an aspect of the tutorial quest and not what I can expect the entire rest fo the game to be like. But for now I absolutely hate the feel of the game in general. Atmosphere, setting, and story/acting seem good enough, though...

Wait until you get the full combat + archery tutorial then it really opens up.
The fact that you're clumsy as he'll in the beginning is on purpose.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you supposed to fight the guard that comes after you right after the early village event?
he's cutting me into ribbons, youd think the game would atleast teach you how to block before it fed you to the lions

Nah dude, run. You're just a peasant. That -is- the game teaching you. It's just not teaching you how to block - it's teaching you how to know your betters.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Ok I had a GOD OF WAR 3 moment last night...

I was in a fight with some guy, I had been playing for 1 hour since my last save, and met this dude who wanted to rearrange my teeth with a big club. I was not going to let him win, so I tried to kick his ass, my biggest problem was that I was playing this game like Skyrim, so I was carrying a lot of shit around that made me walk fucking slow. So I could only hit the guy 3-4 times before getting tired.
I fought him for fucking 20 minutes, he just did not want to go down. Hit him everywhere that was possible, but he didn't get hurt my sword just got blood soaked. The strange thing was that he could not hit me, no matter what he did he never hit me, he could kick me away, but never hit me with his big fucking club of pain. I simply did not take any damage.
After those 20 minutes of pain, I decided it was time to fight his 3 friends instead. So I ran over and hit them, they all started chasing me around, and I still fought back like an idiot. They took damage but could not be downed or killed. After 5 frantic minutes, I died.....
ONLY TO REALIZE I WAS SUPPOSED TO LOSE THIS FIGHT... 25 minutes of fucking hell....... just because the game bugged out and the bad dude couldn't hurt or hit me.
Fuck..

Hoshigumi

Dec 1, 2017
South Wales - UK
Ok I had a GOD OF WAR 3 moment last night...

I was in a fight with some guy, I had been playing for 1 hour since my last save, and met this dude who wanted to rearrange my teeth with a big club. I was not going to let him win, so I tried to kick his ass, my biggest problem was that I was playing this game like Skyrim, so I was carrying a lot of shit around that made me walk fucking slow. So I could only hit the guy 3-4 times before getting tired.
I fought him for fucking 20 minutes, he just did not want to go down. Hit him everywhere that was possible, but he didn't get hurt my sword just got blood soaked. The strange thing was that he could not hit me, no matter what he did he never hit me, he could kick me away, but never hit me with his big fucking club of pain. I simply did not take any damage.
After those 20 minutes of pain, I decided it was time to fight his 3 friends instead. So I ran over and hit them, they all started chasing me around, and I still fought back like an idiot. They took damage but could not be downed or killed. After 5 frantic minutes, I died.....
ONLY TO REALIZE I WAS SUPPOSED TO LOSE THIS FIGHT... 25 minutes of fucking hell....... just because the game bugged out and the bad dude couldn't hurt or hit me.
Fuck..
Are you on about that Bandito guy with the club? Cos I tried to fight him and just ate 2 slugs from his club and died lol.

Hoshigumi

Dec 1, 2017
South Wales - UK
yes the part where
you have to bury your parents
and some guy and his friends turns up to steal your sword.

Yeah I was like this irl:

me - *GULP* "ok...ok...I guess I can beat this guy....I made it this far didn't I?....ok its loaded.. here I go.... HAVE AT THEE KNAVE!"

bandito - *THUMP THUMP*

me - RIP

I commend your skills on surviving for so long against this brute.

Oct 25, 2017
So it seems like you can't steal anything. Everyone knows I'm a thief even though nobody saw what I did. What a joke. So realistic, right?
I did not carry any of the stolen things with me btw.

Oct 27, 2017
Kickstarter backer here, somehow I've ended up with the PC code instead of PS4 and there's nothing Warhorse can do to help me. Anyone able to swap a PS4 code for PC? I realise it's a long shot.

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
Only saves if you sleep in your bed, so if you just randomly sleep in another bed it doesn't save, just restores some of your energy and such.

Hmm, are you sure about that because I'm certain I slept in the same bed a few times and the save game msg only appeared once or twice.

On beds, I thought you can sleep in any bed you find in the gaming world and it would save. Fancy having to go back to your home when needing to save.

Rivyn

Oct 26, 2017
Here are some impressions from the base PS4 after two-three hours of playtime;

Gameplay wise I absolutely adore this game. It feels so grounded and real which makes it absolutely refreshing when putting it up against Skyrim, Oblivion, Fallout etc.

The fact that you can get hungry or sleepy, which lowers your stamina and resilience, truly makes you feel like a normal human being.

Of course the combat takes some getting used to but you are still only the son of a blacksmith. Being able to destroy a valiant knight from the get go would seriously hamper the sense of realism.

In terms of story and cutscenes I quite like it. There's this certain kind of vibe with the cutscenes that I just can't quite seem to grasp. It just looks great.

Graphical wise it looks great when outside, but incredibly 'meh' when inside houses and castles. It is like they didn't have any time to invest more into the interior design.
Granted, this was only in the first couple of houses in the tutorial area and the nearby castle but I don't have the feeling that it will be any better once I go further into the realm.

I barely had any type of performance issues on the base PS4 thus far. I'd say that, if you could handle Oblivion on the PS3/360 and Fallout 3 on those respectable consoles, you wouldn't be soured by this.
However. I am quite afraid of being so far into the story that there will be more massive battles. Here's hoping that, by the time I reach that, the upcoming patch would have been released with performance fixes.

venomenon

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Played until you wake up from the first night yesterday after going in relatively blindly.
I had only seen some screenshots and very few videos before and somehow (probably because of the extremely beautiful visuals) I expected an ultra-polished AAA-style RPG. I'm very delighted that it turned out to be rather janky, getting serious Gothic or Arx Fatalis vibes here. Can't wait to continue playing.

I'm also pleasantly surprised by how good the German dub is. Must be the first time since The Witcher 3 that I don't feel the need to switch to English early in the game. Lip-sync could obviously be better, though.

Haven't encountered anything I'd call a bug yet, but as stated, I'm not very far into the game.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
This game has more bugs than Vampire Bloodlines.
Three times in jail within 15 minutes for nothing.
What a joke.

yeah this game is bugged as hell...

another stupid thing, when you are carrying to much stuff (overloaded) Henry walks slow as fuck, and he can't jump. Ok I´m fine with that, but he can't even move over a small plank on a bridge or a small step because when he is overloaded. So much for "realism".

But there is a simple trick.. just turn 180 degrees and move backwards.. he can go almost anywhere if he is backing up.. I have got stuck so many times in geometry and other stupid stuff, where I couldn't move anywhere. But once I did the moonwalk like Michael Jackson, I could move on..

Lappe

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I love this game, It just feels so different and fresh. And for some reason, this has to be the most "cinematic" RPG I've played. Can't put my finger on it, but everything just clicks.
So if you are looking for a deep RPG with swords and shields, look no more this is the game for you. And i've had zero performance issues, I'm on the X.

Pros:
Quest design
Combat
Atmospehere
Dialogue
Grounded
Swordplay
Night time is actually night time

Cons:
Save system can be a pain in the ass. Especially if you are getting wrecked in the beginning.

I'm maybe 10hours in and this would be a 9/10 so far for me. Possible GOTY material.

Wait until you get the full combat + archery tutorial then it really opens up.
The fact that you're clumsy as he'll in the beginning is on purpose.
I feel like a lot of people think that leveling up in this game is just raising bars, and doing higher damage. That's not the case at all.
Most of the skills just simply get better, as the player gets better.

I reeeaaally hope that Bethesda are taking notes with the combat on this one for the next Elder Scrolls. This is just so good, when you level up and it can be intense as hell.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So it seems like you can't steal anything. Everyone knows I'm a thief even though nobody saw what I did. What a joke. So realistic, right?
I did not carry any of the stolen things with me btw.

100% your fault for not understanding how you've to play the game. It's even written in the codex.

Just kidding. Not your fault. But i had similar problems with the system and was told everything is more than perfect and it was my fault.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
The absolute biggest problem with this game is the incessant loading screens, sometimes 30-45 seconds just to INITIATE dialogue. Has anyone found a fix for this?

Save system can be a pain in the ass. Especially if you are getting wrecked in the beginning.

This can be circumvented with a very easy to install mod that gives you the ability to save without schnapps

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, archery is HARD. I'm on the [pretty early minor spoilers]

Hare hunting contest with Hans Capon

And it's really testing me. About 10am now and got four so far, hope I can win.