• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 1759

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
url]
fcd6c0870d9f2d7d34c27dd4055b9c9e.png

Oh hey I got a Cheevo for that.
spoiler?

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I can't think of any game where riding a horse is a fun and smooth experience. It definitely wasn't in fan favorites witcher 3 and Zelda. It was so awful in BotW that I spent the majority of my time traveling on foot despite how massive and empty the world could be.

edit: It's sort of like swimming in 3D games. It's one of those things everyone says they want but then it happens and it's always terrible and we always wonder why we asked for such things.
Both horse/camel riding and swimming felt like butter to me in AC: Origins. Incredibly fluid. Locomotion in general is really smooth in the game.

FluffyQuack

Nov 27, 2017
How is the AI in this game? On a scale of Just Cause 2 to STALKER, how alive does the game world feel? Is there a bunch of dynamic stuff happening (NPC's on schedules, Bad guys raiding towns, etc.) or is it pretty static?
There are NPCs walking around everywhere, but I don't know how dynamic their behaviour is. I definitely know they are braindead when it comes to chasing you. After being caught lockpicking something, I was able to lose the guard by climbing a ladder in the same room we were in.

I had one incident which was pretty hilarious. I was exploring in a restricted area and this happened:
- I encounter a guard who tells me "You're not supposed to be here, leave!"
- After moving one meter back in the direction I came from, the guard yells at me "Hey, where do you think you're going!?"
- After barely moving out of his line of sight, I hear him yell "Whoa, where did the guy go? I lost him!"

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, the Earl Backer Edition costs 100 bucks and is a lot worse than the retail Collectors Edition, which is cheaper
I know that is not how Kickstarter works, but still.

Darth Karja

Oct 25, 2017
I'm off to a great start. I got caught stealing on the first quest, then arrested and sent to jail, where I ended up dieing.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Eh fuck it, decided to buy the game after all. Steam's refunding system is great.

Deleted member 1759

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Vávra on patches
Hello guys, we are aware about the bugs that could happen and working hard on fixing them. Steam has latest patch already, console owners will get this patch (1.0.3 for PS4, 1.0.0.118 Xbox) ASAP. PS4 patches 1.0.1 & 1.0.2 are the same, the difference is only in territory. 1/1
https://twitter.com/DanielVavra/status/963416922736988160
2/2 Next patch is coming soon and will fix lot of quest bugs and other issues like frame drops. Expected release in approx 2 weeks.
https://twitter.com/DanielVavra/status/963417235955027968

flkRaven

Oct 25, 2017
Both horse/camel riding and swimming felt like butter to me in AC: Origins. Incredibly fluid. Locomotion in general is really smooth in the game.

I agree. Movement overall felt great in that game, and mounts just felt like an extension of your character. The only annoying thing about swimming was when npc boats would crash into you when you surface, since they automatically spawned/drove in your direction.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Played for 3 hours straight this morning. Had to set it to medium to achieve 40fps with my oldish setup.

The game is amazing so far. Plays really good with M&K, looks good even on medium settings. The best thing imo are the cutscenes. They are so extremely well done, the voicework is top notch, the music, the camera, the atmosphere. I'm really astounded by the production values.
The first quests were quite fun, Henry is a real charming goofball and a nice surprise. Fighting seems fine to me in the first hours.

Loved everything. Can't wait to get home tonight and play again. Feels like playing something special.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Reading the reviews the game's state seems like a hot mess or was that fixed with the day 1 patch? I'm somewhat interested in the game, but I'd prefer a stable build, so I'm willing to wait until they patch most bugs out.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
might hold off on starting a playthrough until that first patch comes in. some extreme fluctuations (around 30fps) in framerate on a 1080ti.

also unfortunate that vavra's crappy worldview has seeped into the game, hopefully the examples mentioned in the rps review are the worst offenders.

Oct 26, 2017
I am in need of 2x electro sac, is this just a matter of luck with the loot you get from slain monsters? So far no luck getting those, same with aqua sac damn it.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I put everything basically in the middle (High) and it runs quite poorly on my 970 whenever there's a busier area. I'm only 10 minutes in and am just running around talking to people, so it don't matter too much. But if it's like this when the fighting eventually comes I'm probably gonna have to drop things to medium. Haven't updated my drivers in maybe a month or two, but that usually doesn't help much.

The intro is weirdly like a Disney movie or something.
I do not like the save system, in that you can't save when you want. This save system should've been optional.
Like, life things happen, and the game apparently has some issues with bugs and crashes
Edit: Been loading for like five minutes now, so I suppose one of them bugs happened to me.

I like the persuasion system. It's not just a simple speech check. At least on a surface level, as it's being presented, you need to actually consider things, like a surprising amount of things. Your attire, if it's dirty or bloody, the kind of person you're talking to, if they're by themselves...

Last edited:

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Early spoiler:

Is it possible to beat 'Runt' who takes the fancy sword early in the game? I figured not but then again with this game who knows.

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky
I am in need of 2x electro sac, is this just a matter of luck with the loot you get from slain monsters? So far no luck getting those, same with aqua sac damn it.

Wrong thread, but yeah, it's RNG. Once you get to research level 3 you can see the drop rates in your field guide. Just keep hunting/capturing Tobi-Kadachi and you'll get 'em eventually.

Oct 26, 2017
hmmm... thinkingemoji.jpg
wrong thread?

Hahaha oh crap, wow my bad. I was looking through my recently visited threads and clicked on this, thinking it was MHW.

You can get two as the dowery for marrying your palico off to the earl of Praha.

Then this hasn't happened in the story for me yet. Location wise I'm in Coral Highlands where that Paolomu is.

Wrong thread, but yeah, it's RNG. Once you get to research level 3 you can see the drop rates in your field guide. Just keep hunting/capturing Tobi-Kadachi and you'll get 'em eventually.

Thanks for the advice, that's good to know. I have several monsters at level 3 research now.

Anyway, I'll head on to the correct thread now, haha.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
This game is definitely demanding.

At 4K Ultra settings I get ~40 FPS outside, 30 FPS in the starting house, not sure about woods yet.

i7 8700k OC @4.7 GHz
GTX 1080 Ti
16 GB DDRM Ram

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
They perfectly captured the central European landscape, the woodlands and forests when you are in it or far in the distance among the hills look exactly like it does IRL. It's one thing to use the actual geographical information for positioning and another to make it look like actual woodlands and forests, the vegetation species itself are accurate too. The landscape is instantly familiar if you have seen or live in Germany, Czech Republic, Poland, etc, it doesn't feel like fantasy, it looks like how it does when you start leaving the city.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

At 4K Ultra settings I get ~40 FPS outside, 30 FPS in the starting house, not sure about woods yet.

i7 8700k OC @4.7 GHz
GTX 1080 Ti
16 GB DDRM Ram
Try to keep ultra but lower lightning to very high. Ultra enables some insane interior shadowing that murders performance.

Oct 25, 2017
Just bought this game for X1. Quick question: How do you save? What do I have to do to save my game? And are there auto save checkpoints?

TheZodiacAge

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

i7 8700k OC @4.7 GHz
GTX 1080 Ti
16 GB DDRM Ram

Start lowering lightning and shadow options - These are usually huge gains in performance

Im glad there is finally a game again that is pushing PC Hardware and also reflects that in the game.
Looks really beautiful

Mini-Me

Oct 25, 2017
I can't seem to collect the money from the dude in the first quest. I beat him up and he said "here ya go" but I have no money and cannot interact with him anymore...

Edit: Oh ok the quest didn't update last time saying I needed to find something of his worth selling.

Last edited:

Ohto

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty soon here I think I'm gonna start trying to find more stuff to read about the demographics of the time and place of the game's setting. The controversy originally popped off because of people bringing to light the presence of Africans and other non-Europeans in Europe before colonial times, none of which seem to be mentioned or appear in KC. Earlier today I read an article about a book on the subject, but the book only seems to cover Southern Europe and maybe the British Isles, and only covers them from the middle of the 15th century onward. The article then states the need for more information about POC in Northern Europe for instance. KC however is set in a rural part of Bohemia (now the Czech Republic) at the turn of the 15th century, and it would be great if we could find more information on the demographics of that particular place and time.

There was like dozens of nationalities in Northern/Eastern Europe/modern Russia at the time, Finno-Ugric people inhabited quite big areas even. There was quite a few Mongol/whatever people running around too. It was very varied, and they considered themselves totally different from each other. It wasn't anything like "we are all Europeans hand in hand", it was more like "get of my lawn you stupid neighbour villager!" kind of thing. I mean, Eastern Europe is still REALLY nationalistic. Especially peeps in the south have still such traumas about the muslims invading them in the Middle Ages that they treat them badly still. Not everyone, mind, but there is a sentiment that they were the only defenders of Christianism when the muslims threatened the whole world.

But Africans were so rare that it is no wonder they didn't put them into the game. I know that some people just love to attack that notion, but it is true. Slavery wasn't similar to what it became later, slaves were captured from closer. Slaves were more like peasants. Also there was the whole Europe and many, many different people in the middle separating cultural areas. People didn't travel as much.

But the main point is, it was quite a diverse place, the edge of Europe. Nowadays you call all of us simply white and thus the same (I think it is kind of racist personally), but in the old times people separated themselves in multiple ways. I mean, look what the simple people worshipped alongside/before Christ, that alone tells you how diverse the democraphic was.

HUGE ASS OT POST about my personal stance in this, don't read if you are not interested in stupid ranting about why I think my people's history is disappeared (no need to answer in this thread, send PMs if you want to discuss more so we won't pollute this fine thread):
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Ivory Samoan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Very much enjoying the game, 6 hours in and loving the story, setting and lore/codex most of all.

Scratching that Mass Effect 1 type of itch, also scratching my New Vegas type of itch too: brilliant!

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Nope, performance was awful on a 970 @1440p, even on the lowest settings. Refunded for now, but I'll be back when I've got a new GPU since the game itself seemed like it could be fun. At least they've probably put out a few patches by then.

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017
And i heard that in amateur PS4/Xbone versions lighting paired back even further..Just look at indoor screenshot o_O (and not zoomed in scenery like previous one)

4kkingdomcomedeliverac7s2r.png

Jeezus at first I thought those were base PS4/xbone comparisons but if the Pro and X versions are THAT inferior to maxed out PC then I can't imagine how bad it looks on base consoles, lighting looks so flat and dull on them compared to the volumetric ambient lighting/shadowing on PC

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile I'm sitting here staring out the window waiting for UPS to get here. Any moment now :\

Though honestly, being stuck on a PS4 for this (a Pro at least), I almost want to wait for this next patch Vavra said they're working on now. I just don't think I can wait another 2 weeks for it.

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I literally have an NPC bugged out on the first actual objective you get from your father. Have to restart all the mundane shit again cause of it.

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I can't think of any game where riding a horse is a fun and smooth experience. It definitely wasn't in fan favorites witcher 3 and Zelda. It was so awful in BotW that I spent the majority of my time traveling on foot despite how massive and empty the world could be.

edit: It's sort of like swimming in 3D games. It's one of those things everyone says they want but then it happens and it's always terrible and we always wonder why we asked for such things.

D-Horse was awesome in MGSV.