• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't think of any game where riding a horse is a fun and smooth experience. It definitely wasn't in fan favorites witcher 3 and Zelda. It was so awful in BotW that I spent the majority of my time traveling on foot despite how massive and empty the world could be.

edit: It's sort of like swimming in 3D games. It's one of those things everyone says they want but then it happens and it's always terrible and we always wonder why we asked for such things.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
And i heard that in amateur PS4/Xbone versions lighting paired back even further..Just look at indoor screenshot o_O (and not zoomed in scenery like previous one)

4kkingdomcomedeliverac7s2r.png
That actually looks really impressive in terms of volumetric lighting and overall dark/light balance (on PC). Can't judge too much just from one screenshot of course.

Probably expensive (performance wise) as fuck.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
Can't get out of the starting area because I can't talk to the guy selling charcoal. Will wait for a patch I guess.

Rivyn

Oct 26, 2017
I can't think of any game where riding a horse is a fun and smooth experience. It definitely wasn't in fan favorites witcher 3 and Zelda. It was so awful in BotW that I spent the majority of my time traveling on foot despite how massive and empty the world could be.

edit: It's sort of like swimming in 3D games. It's one of those things everyone says they want but then it happens and it's always terrible and we always wonder why we asked for such things.

Abzu says hi.

One of the finer swimming experiences I had in a game.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
That's who I'm talking to. No dialogue option when I approach him.

okay let me explain.

The quest marker points to an old man who is talking to another guy. If you talk to him, he says he is busy, and you need to talk to his apprentice (or what he is called). He is just behind him.. doing nothing. You can buy charcoal from him.
if that does not work..
There is a trader, who is also an older gentleman. He is standing a bit away from the 2 other guys. He will trade anything.Sell him some stuff, and then buy the Charcoal from him (he has 10, just the number you need)

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
And with only one playable hero, does the talent/skill system, story branching or moral balance give the game a replay value (without modding) ?

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
And with only one playable hero, does the talent/skill system, story branching or moral balance give the game a replay value (without modding) ?

you could play the game as a virgin or not.
you could play the game as a mass-murderer or a stealth guy who never kills anyone.
and more..

Fiel

Oct 30, 2017
I can't seems to get past how lockpicking work. really frustrated and hardest lockpicking gameplay mechanic i ever played lol. I felt so dumb.

btw, glad the game seems to be doing very well as shown on Twitch.

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing some casual gamers from PSN friend list picking this up.. Bro also got it for PS4 so I received it from him so could cancel the PC order, currently downloading 70 minutes to go!

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I do hope this does well, then hopefully the Mount & Blade sequel will do well too

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty soon here I think I'm gonna start trying to find more stuff to read about the demographics of the time and place of the game's setting. The controversy originally popped off because of people bringing to light the presence of Africans and other non-Europeans in Europe before colonial times, none of which seem to be mentioned or appear in KC. Earlier today I read an article about a book on the subject, but the book only seems to cover Southern Europe and maybe the British Isles, and only covers them from the middle of the 15th century onward. The article then states the need for more information about POC in Northern Europe for instance. KC however is set in a rural part of Bohemia (now the Czech Republic) at the turn of the 15th century, and it would be great if we could find more information on the demographics of that particular place and time.

SpartanForce

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I mean yes as portrayed the game's treatment of women isn't so much 1950s treatment of women as, well, middle ages values.

You wouldn't argue it's historically inaccurate and arguably thought provoking to portray women as totally disempowered because realism, but there's still going to be an awful, awful lot of internet anger and hellfire poured at this game.

An awful, awful lot of internet anger and hellfire.
BULLSHIT. From what I have played so far women are being treated way better that the time period. Did you even know that at this point in time most people didn't believe women had even a soul or was human? The discussion went on until the 18 century. Only Kant resolved the issue.

To the other guy talking about inquisition. This is not the Teutonic Order, but late Holy Roman Empire. Go learn history and stop blaming devs.

Nov 22, 2017
I am having good laughs with this game...
I was interested in the setting and the approach but in the end it's the jank that made me buy it.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty soon here I think I'm gonna start trying to find more stuff to read about the demographics of the time and place of the game's setting. The controversy originally popped off because of people bringing to light the presence of Africans and other non-Europeans in Europe before colonial times, none of which seem to be mentioned or appear in KC. Earlier today I read an article about a book on the subject, but the book only seems to cover Southern Europe and maybe the British Isles, and only covers them from the middle of the 15th century onward. The article then states the need for more information about POC in Northern Europe for instance. KC however is set in a rural part of Bohemia (now the Czech Republic) at the turn of the 15th century, and it would be great if we could find more information on the demographics of that particular place and time.
Let us know your findings. I find this stuff interesting. I'm also glad you understand that Europe is not a small place and different regions might have different demographics.

kpaadet

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Can someone tell me if knocking out a guard is based on strength or something. I knocked out a guard to take his armor and then later died so I wanted to steal his armor again. But now he can't be knock out, he just wrestles out of the chocking hold and wants to arrest me. Was I lucky the first time, or is there a mechanic related to stealth and knocking people out I'm not aware of?

FluffyQuack

Nov 27, 2017
I just played some hours of the game. I encountered a couple of major bugs (one which forced me to reload a save and another which made the game crash to desktop). The story is a snooze-fest so far (this is the most overused backstory ever, and the prologue is painfully dragged out). I find the combat to be rather flimsy and unwieldy. I haven't found anything interesting while exploring the open world. On the other side, the graphics are nice, the voice acting is pretty good, I like the music, and I think the ingame codex with trivia about medieval times is cool. In theory I like the fact it's trying to be as realistic as possible, but after playing the game I'm starting to feel I'd probably enjoy it more if it was fantasy.

Should I keep going? Anyone think I would like the game more if I get further in? I'm still very early in the game. Last story progress was completing the full combat tutorial. I did a bunch of exploration after that but stopped playing after I got the hard crash.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Put in a hour or so and my game is freezing once in a while before unfreezing. Could just be my PC though.

As far as glitches go, had one where the camera kept moving up and down during a cut scene and another where a guard walked through me.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
From the Gamestar review:

Nearly every quest allows for multiple approaches - usually those between talking, theft or violence. For example, we can play two competing blacksmiths against each other in order to maximize profits in the end. Or we make ourselves the champion of one to neatly crush the other's representative in the honorable duel. Alternatively, we simply steal his razor armor from a blacksmith so he stands there like a dork .

Purely playful, Kingdom Come often feels like an adventure. In the story campaign alone, one determines at various crime scenes, asks questions, analyzes people, collects objects. But these activities always hide role-playing mechanics - this is reminiscent of the legendary adventure RPG Quest for Glory of 1993 , just in open-world proportions.

Quest for Glory! Christ what a blast from the past. I loved that series so much, first four games at least.

flkRaven

Oct 25, 2017
Going to install the game on X after work (picking up physical copy). Is it true that the entire game is just downloaded? Is there a day 1 patch?

Yamajian

Oct 30, 2017
How is the AI in this game? On a scale of Just Cause 2 to STALKER, how alive does the game world feel? Is there a bunch of dynamic stuff happening (NPC's on schedules, Bad guys raiding towns, etc.) or is it pretty static?