• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
Another quick screen grabs from comparison

MT2bTOx.jpg

oc5MJhT.jpg

Kentsui

Oct 26, 2017
3 soldiers raping a chick and if you even attempt to intervene a dozen fully armored goons you have zero ability to deal with spawn
goes beyond grubby realism and well into shock value I'd say.

You have ways of dealing with the consequences of making that choice and deal with it, it's not easy but possible.
get their attention grab a horse and run for your life works
The character you're playing is no superhuman hero if you choose to play as a hero you'll put yourself at risk.

Now I wonder was your first comment about this or the scene with the Father and the Miller's daughter ?

Oct 27, 2017
Everything looks fine for now except for combat. Its kinda tricky so gonna take some time getting used to.
That was addressed in the Kingdom Come: Deliverance beginners guide | PC Gamer previously posted:

"You're meant to suck at combat at first
Henry is going to feel slow and clumsy with a sword to start, but that's baked into the role you're playing. He wasn't born an expert swordsman. You need to get him there through training, leveling up, unlocking combos, and perks. You'll also just get better through natural play."

philm87

Jan 9, 2018
Couldn't resist. Purchased for PS4. Only £17.50 after clubcard points so feels like a bargain!

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
This game seems alright as far as eurojunk goes, it seems polished enough at a core level. I did some errands and had a fist fight that felt decent enough so if sword combat follows after that with more meaning and nuance per action chosen (I don't think the attack directions did all that much in the fist fight) then it's a solid combat system. It's pretty smooth to control though at times I moved the mouse to choose a direction and the camera momentarily looked elsewhere even though I was locked on the enemy. I did read there are tons of bugs and stuff as you play through the quests/story and what not but yeah. There's also annoying loading every so often like even just to talk to a shop keeper it takes a while. I also can't maintain 60fps at max settings so I locked it to 30 with rtss since even reducing settings to very high instead of max it didn't get to smooth 60, there were always loading hitches and what not, though I didn't put it on my SSD. So, max settings, 30fps, it seems alright. it sucked when it went in game cos I thought the intros are in-game, they seemed to be in-engine and it was super smooth but then when I started playing it was hitching and stuff. That's it for first impressions, I like what I've seen but it's hardly a final verdict, at a core level it seems to be a more than viable CRPG with a lot of promise in the quest design and the combat system as well, I'll have to play through to see if all the other important elements are in place. Played on PC with a GTX1080 and an old i7 3770K, no OC on either. I have to say it's not as pretty as I expected either, the LOD in particular is pretty aggressive even though I maxed all that in advanced settings (Ultra preset doesn't do that) as various elements pop into view close enough to be very noticeable. Well, I kinda expected to have my socks blown off so I guess that's on me, lol. It's really very pretty outside that LOD issue and some passable lip syncing. I'm sure there will be many jaw dropping 4K screenshots posted all over the place for people to gawk at. I'll start a new save when I get the time as I just chose things at random this time but it was nice to have options. Someone let us know if putting it on an SSD reduces the loading segments significantly enough to do it. Hopefully it does but it might have to do with processing dialogues/progression and shit in a manner rather than loading assets.

Last edited:

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
The worst part of the game are the FUCKING load times.. playing on my PS4 Pro.. and damn some of those load times are bad.. was in a fist fight together with 3 friends, and we kicked some guys teeth in.. The fight took 10 seconds. But when the fight was over the game decided it had to load. It loaded for around 30-60 seconds (I am old, so time is strange), just to show a conversation with the guy we beat up.. WUT?..
the loading in this game is happening at strange random times, and takes way to long. Guess it has to do with the NPC´s and that the game is registering the changes in the story.. but still...

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
The worst part of the game are the FUCKING load times.. playing on my PS4 Pro.. and damn some of those load times are bad.. was in a fist fight together with 3 friends, and we kicked some guys teeth in.. The fight took 10 seconds. But when the fight was over the game decided it had to load. It loaded for around 30-60 seconds (I am old, so time is strange), just to show a conversation with the guy we beat up.. WUT?..
the loading in this game is happening at strange random times, and takes way to long. Guess it has to do with the NPC´s and that the game is registering the changes in the story.. but still...
You can play this with friends?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany

That is weird, on Xbox One X, besides when you start the game and you have to watch half of the intro again because it loads so long before you are in the main menu, I doesn't remember loading times at all, literally, at all. I load my save and I'am in the game, if it load a mission or cutscene, it's instant there.

I will try to look at it when I play again later, but I just don't remember any long loading times, if any at all.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry, if someone wouldn't mind...

I'm at work and can't watch his review (sadly) but am curious as to what his score for PS4 is. If he grades the separate platforms that is I mean.

Seemed to only grade the PC version, which he put somewhere between "wait for sale" and "wait for deep, deep sale" (i.e. rent, but for PC games), close to the latter because of bugs and performance issues, so I would imagine console versions would be close to rent for him.

SUPGUYZ

Oct 27, 2017
Put an hour into it so far. Played a good chunk of the pre release beta too. Awesome game and it's only going to get better with mod support

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I watched someone play for a couple of hours and I kinda dig it.
It's not a full price game for me but playing this in a year or so (with less bugs) could be cool.

It's a bit trashy when it comes to quest writing and voice acting but it adds to the charm if your into euro jank.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
Quest markers appear to have disappeared from the compass at the top of my screen. Hrm. Not sure what caused that. Checked with the map and enabled main and side quests. Nada.

Edit - spoke to the charcoal guy, mistakenly went to haggle. Cancelled. Now I can't talk to him anymore, I just have the option to rob him if I'm far enough, no option if get closer. Few problems to work out it seems.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
So I love RPGs, it's my favorite genre in gaming. Will I like this?

I don't mind janky gameplay, I mean I coped with Risen 1 and 2 om 360.....

I loved Gothic 1 and 2. Elex from what I've played is right up my alley. I love a good story, quests with variety and multiple choices. Combat seems fun, even if it does come off a bit unusual in some footage.

How does it look and play on X? I saw some annoying microstutters in some videos on Xbox itself but it's unclear to me if that's Xbox One or X.

hanmik

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
That is weird, on Xbox One X, besides when you start the game and you have to watch half of the intro again because it loads so long before you are in the main menu, I doesn't remember loading times at all, literally, at all. I load my save and I'am in the game, if it load a mission or cutscene, it's instant there.

I will try to look at it when I play again later, but I just don't remember any long loading times, if any at all.

Instant? this is a stream from the Xbox One X.. see this scene (if timestamp doesn't work, it is 50m in.. at 50m 17sec it loads.. until 50m 42sec..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5epjheMFyM#t=50m10s

and again at 51m46s it load until 51m58s for a simple conversation to start..

there are lots more in that video.. just the ones I found here at work .

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany

I loved Gothic 1 and 2. Elex from what I've played is right up my alley. I love a good story, quests with variety and multiple choices. Combat seems fun, even if it does come off a bit unusual in some footage.

How does it look and play on X? I saw some annoying microstutters in some videos on Xbox itself but it's unclear to me if that's Xbox One or X.

Look at page one where I wrote a little bit and what I wrote on the next sites after that and maybe also the link on the first page in my posting.

If you love Gothic, you will love this even more.
Take it slow, soak up the atmosphere and everything that the game gives you. It only opens up after 8-10 hours and many many things do you still learn in your 30 and 40s of hours playtime.

Let it unfold itself and just enjoy it and you will have a serious game of the year candidate, it's amazing.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand combat. I have a sword equipped, but I'm just punching people. How do I swap to my sword?

Edit: Looked in the keybindings and found out after dying like 5 times.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
Another quick screen grabs from comparison

MT2bTOx.jpg

oc5MJhT.jpg
Looking at the first comparison, I was thinking things like "yeah, that shadow difference is pretty significant; the PC version might also have some form of SSGI based on the color/brightness differences"... and didn't even look at the ground.

Lappe

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

If you don't mind the "no fantasy" setting, then I would say this game is right up your alley. I've been RPG thirsty since The Witcher 3 and this is just what I needed.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Instant? this is a stream from the Xbox One X.. see this scene (if timestamp doesn't work, it is 50m in.. at 50m 17sec it loads.. until 50m 42sec..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5epjheMFyM#t=50m10s

and again at 51m46s it load until 51m58s for a simple conversation to start..

there are lots more in that video.. just the ones I found here at work .

Wow weird, I swear, i never noticed such long loading times in my game, maybe it's only in the tutorial mission? I will have an eye on it when I play again but, I don't remember long loading times at all. O-o

Sloane Ranger

Oct 27, 2017
New Albany
Only played for 2 hours last night - did not run across any jank or bugs (that I noticed). Fighting is tough for the time being. Saved some lady from three guards, I couldn't manage to mount a horse and ended up being chased by them into a creek and slaughtered. Loved it.

Dec 6, 2017
US
He gave it a wait for sale.

Seemed to only grade the PC version, which he put somewhere between "wait for sale" and "wait for deep, deep sale" (i.e. rent, but for PC games), close to the latter because of bugs and performance issues, so I would imagine console versions would be close to rent for him.

Thanks. I've decided to pick it up for Base PS4 but will wait a few weeks minimum for bug fixes, patches etc. to improve some of the, no doubt, bigger issues games like this seem to always have going.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, I don't understand this opening. Riding around on a horse with three guys directly behind me spamming arrows and killing me regardless of what I do.

And I found out the hard way that the game just doesn't want you to win a sword fight at this point when an enemy pointed a sword at me and I died instantly.

Edit: And then my character tells me to go left like 15 seconds after I passed the fork in the road.

hanmik

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Wow weird, I swear, i never noticed such long loading times in my game, maybe it's only in the tutorial mission? I will have an eye on it when I play again but, I don't remember long loading times at all. O-o

seems to be happening mostly when it loads to or from a Conversation...

Oct 26, 2017
Look at page one where I wrote a little bit and what I wrote on the next sites after that and maybe also the link on the first page in my posting.

If you love Gothic, you will love this even more.
Take it slow, soak up the atmosphere and everything that the game gives you. It only opens up after 8-10 hours and many many things do you still learn in your 30 and 40s of hours playtime.

Let it unfold itself and just enjoy it and you will have a serious game of the year candidate, it's amazing.

I will definitely read that in a bit. It's great to hear some positive things about it because man, those reviews are divisive as hell. I did kinda expect mixed reactions but damn.

If you don't mind the "no fantasy" setting, then I would say this game is right up your alley. I've been RPG thirsty since The Witcher 3 and this is just what I needed.

That sounds fine then. However I shouldn't buy it right away, since I still need to start my new playthrough of The Witcher 3 on Xbox One X. I never got around to finish it on the Xbox One and when the news about the X patch appeared I decided to wait. I should get on that first.

Plus around the time I have finished it multiple patches will have been released for KCD I'm sure.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
I ran it on SSD and had no performance problems on ultra 1080p except in center of town frame rate generally dips (feels like 30fps there, as opposed to 60)

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like how much of a peasant dork Henry is, he in no way is made to seem badass

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
Looking at the first comparison, I was thinking things like "yeah, that shadow difference is pretty significant; the PC version might also have some form of SSGI based on the color/brightness differences"... and didn't even look at the ground.
And i heard that in amateur PS4/Xbone versions lighting paired back even further..Just look at indoor screenshot o_O (and not zoomed in scenery like previous one)

4kkingdomcomedeliverac7s2r.png