• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dragn

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone can play the game offline on Steam? I don't have internet all the time (playing with laptop right now) and it gives me a "License not verified" when trying to play in desconnected mode. If I can't really play offline it I'll have to refund...
yes doesnt work, online connection is needed to start the game

curlycare

Oct 27, 2017
Getting no sound in game, time to verify integrity of game files on steam. I bet it somehow didn't download/unpack the sound files.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know where the save files and configuration, etc. are stored on PC?
EDIT: Found them. C:\users\<yourname>\Saved Games\kingdomcome

g23

Oct 27, 2017
The world building is top notch. I'm only a couple hours in but I'm already invested in the way the story is playing out. Lot's of political intrigue and attention to detail. Feels like I'm watching an episode of thrones at times.

Really digging it so far! (Xbox one x version)

Naliem1

Nov 27, 2017
yes doesnt work, online connection is needed to start the game
That's awful being a singleplayer game, and my bad for not realizing until now. It doesn't make any sense though, if I'm not mistaken, the GOG version coming in two weeks won't need any connection at all so... Probably going to get that.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
I wonder how many of the bugs and issues in the review copies will have been fixed by the day one patch? Given that it basically replaces the entire game I am curious to see if it resolves a lot of them. A lot of games seem to have patches that help resolve issues spotted during previews/betas, didn't Black Flag receive an update fairly early one that bumped it from 900p up to 1080p?

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Man, lockpicking is HARD. How in the holy heck do you do it on pc? LOL, Edge wasn't kidding when he said it was difficult.

Like you have to push d to turn the lock, but since it's a keyboard there's no way to "gently" push it and there's just no way in hell you can keep the "orb" in the right place as you push d, it's WAY too fast.

philm87

Jan 9, 2018
Man, lockpicking is HARD. How in the holy heck do you do it on pc? LOL, Edge wasn't kidding when he said it was difficult.

Like you have to push d to turn the lock, but since it's a keyboard there's no way to "gently" push it and there's just no way in hell you can keep the "orb" in the right place as you push d, it's WAY too fast.

It's not easy in real life either so they've nailed the realism.

OP
OP
Ilmyr

Ilmyr

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
"Deliverance is borderline unplayable at times due to bugs and glitches"

Ugh... I'm getting cold feet...

There was a big Day1 patch, i doubt they testet this version. But thats the problem of Day1 patches - or - releasing a test too early
or releasing a game too early?
But considering there are plenty of people here who played the game for hours already and posting a lot of positive impressions, i'm very confident.
I can remember a Skyrim, that was crashing a lot and also varying performance. Clunky animations were not a problem. I'm still hyped!

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to figure out what's causing me to get 30-36 FPS during conversations when it's not bad out of conversations. Kinda reminds me of Dragon Age 3 in that respect. Maybe it's just a post processing thing like it was in that game.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I'm trying to figure out what's causing me to get 30-36 FPS during conversations when it's not bad out of conversations. Kinda reminds me of Dragon Age 3 in that respect. Maybe it's just a post processing thing like it was in that game.

Might be some cutscene depth of field setting.

HDMF76

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how many of the bugs and issues in the review copies will have been fixed by the day one patch? Given that it basically replaces the entire game I am curious to see if it resolves a lot of them. A lot of games seem to have patches that help resolve issues spotted during previews/betas, didn't Black Flag receive an update fairly early one that bumped it from 900p up to 1080p?

This is why devs need to up their game. The reviews are pretty mediocre for this, if the devs spent more time ironing out the creases and sending out decent builds for review ahead of time, they would make a lot more money and gain a better reputation. The way I see this, it will be patched in a the next few months, and by then the game will be really cheap, I see no reason at all to buy this now, and that is purely on the devs for having a business model that doesnt make sense to follow.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Wow Henry is a fucking adorable ditz. I was expecting some one more...manly. But instead he's nerdy goofball. Kinda like it...

Oct 25, 2017
Most likely Depth of Field that only applies to cutscenes. Since it looks like this game only has one generic Post Proccessing toggle, it would be great if we could manually lower that specific setting through .ini files.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
Welp. Just tried to change my Graphics settings...

p7fQNlG.jpg

All good after a restart. Settled for all Very High at 1080p. Seems ok so far. I've left the sliders alone (they go up a looong way) though and we'll see what happens when I get to a decent sized village. Loving the feel of the game so far. Much better than I expected having caught up on the thread this morning!

Last edited:

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wtf. Lock picking doesn't work on controller.

It does. But it's not easy.

Find the yellow "ball" with the right stick. Hold the right stick in this position.Then move the right stick at the same time as the left stick (counter clockwise). Try to stay on the perfect spot with the right stick as you turn the left stick.

You'll tremble but after a few tries it's not that hard.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine quite a few with all the conflicts. Plus barring their doors from the inside with wood. Don't know how common they are in the game though, I'd guess they were less common in poorer areas in real life, so hopefully the game represents that.

I tried looking it up, but I can't tell head from tails with locks before the 18th century. I wish I could figure out how expensive it was for the average person in that time period.

KatiePT

Jan 25, 2018
The reviews are pretty mediocre for this, if the devs spent more time ironing out the creases and sending out decent builds for review ahead of time, they would make a lot more money and gain a better reputation.

I doubt it. If a reviewer is not willing to look past some bugs and glitches they wouldn't pin a glowing review on the game anyway, even if it was 100% clean.

The fact is that this game is not Skyrim or Witcher 3, it is not a mass appeal product. It stubbornly does its own thing and tells you to either take it or leave it.

Warhorse could've easily pushed the reviews much higher if they included a standard saving system, 3rd person view, archery with a reticle or a much more accessible melee combat. That would make the game appeal to more causal gamers and reviewers much more so they would be more willing to look past the technical issues. But Warhorse didn't do that, they stuck to their vision.

For all those reasons I expect 6/10 or 7/10 reviews for mainstream outlets like IGN or Gamespot, and glowing reviews from smaller outlets catering to gamers interested in something a bit deeper and serious.

After all it's already showing from the first reviews coming in.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany

I think on PC it's way easier. Saw a Youtube video from the beta and if I remember it correctly you just have to keep the circle in the middle (which is already easier with the mouse) and to turn the lock you just have to hold a key on the keyboard.

Oct 26, 2017
This is why devs need to up their game. The reviews are pretty mediocre for this, if the devs spent more time ironing out the creases and sending out decent builds for review ahead of time, they would make a lot more money and gain a better reputation.

Lol, that's every game ever. If only they would have spent more time doing a better product, they would make more money!
Thing is, surely they didn't have more money to spend more time in development. The game actually was already delayed.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
Wow just got my first hard crash in about two years whilst 'loading' a trader. Stop making it hard to like you game!

Fiel

Oct 30, 2017
After two hours passed. I start to thinking to accept the game and enjoy it, save system is meh but a little bit acceptable to me (still bad though) and you know what is the worst ? Crash and lose ton of progress. : (

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
The PS4 version crashed twice when my character first is able to move around. Possibly because the game wasn't fully downloaded yet and maybe there wasn't an elegant way to handle that. Third time was the charm, though.

On the upside, I got to see more of these gorgeous loading screens.

MtWzCqU.png
That's pretty dope. Reminds me of Guild Wars 2 art somehow.

Where can I find the rest of them online?

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
What is this map pack on the PS Store?
Did they not include the whole game in the full price?

I'm interested but I don't want to buy an incomplete game.

Rivyn

Oct 26, 2017
The PS4 version crashed twice when my character first is able to move around. Possibly because the game wasn't fully downloaded yet and maybe there wasn't an elegant way to handle that. Third time was the charm, though.

On the upside, I got to see more of these gorgeous loading screens.

Are you playing it on the base PS4 or Pro? If it's the former: how do you consider the performance to be thus far?

Oct 28, 2017
So for people on PC: Does this game control better with KB/mouse or controller?

Normally i'd say it was sacrilege to play an FPS with a controller, but because of the melee combat system and the fact it's mostly just walking around (and because performance at 1440p aka my native monitor res is probably unsustainable at 60fps) I'm considering going with the DS4 pad instead. Thoughts?

philm87

Jan 9, 2018
What is this map pack on the PS Store?
Did they not include the whole game in the full price?

I'm interested but I don't want to buy an incomplete game.

Says something about trails to unique armour for Henry. Seems small and not vital, but still a bit rubbish it's not included. Maybe it's included in the Physical copy?

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Says something about trails to unique armour for Henry. Seems small and not vital, but still a bit rubbish it's not included. Maybe it's included in the Physical copy?

Yeah I don't like map packs on day one, I think I'll pass just on principle here.. A bit sad as the game looks fun.
I'll check with my gamestop if it's included in physical though.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Keep us posted. I'm definitely wondering how the base PS4 performance is .

Sweet, can't wait to see your Impressions, if you post any. I'm on base PS4 as well.

It looks better than I expected, there is some pop-up on smaller objects [like vegetables on trader's stands etc.] if you pay attention and it runs relatively well, however there are some areas where the game is hell bent on running ~25, nothing major, some small corridor or something like that.

Overall so far so good, I'll put more hours today.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Played up through the end of the prologue or whatever you want to call it. It seems pretty good so far, although the combat is going to take some getting used to.

TheWordyGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does anybody have SLI working.

One of my 1080s is at 99%, the other at 6%.

I'm getting 35 FPS on Ultra at 3440x1440 Gsync. This sucks. With SLI enabled I'd be near 60 FPS. On the latest driver. I tried forcing AFR2 but no dice.