• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

@TheFriendlyBro

IGN - Video Producer and Editor
Verified
Aug 1, 2019
I never got round to finishing this game, is it worth seeing through till the end? DLC worth it?

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
I never got round to finishing this game, is it worth seeing through till the end? DLC worth it?

In my memory, the game doesn't have the story completed, it's just partial resolution, and the dlc brought nothing of interest...
That means i won't replay until the story is completed with the sequel.

It was a nice playthrough though for me, but if you left it a long time aside, it might be best to restart from scratch :/

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
In my memory, the game doesn't have the story completed, it's just partial resolution, and the dlc brought nothing of interest...
That means i won't replay until the story is completed with the sequel.

It was a nice playthrough though for me, but if you left it a long time aside, it might be best to restart from scratch :/
yeh, it definitely has an open ended ending. Here is hoping they have a 10-20 year time skip for the Hussite wars and hopefully include medieval Prague.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Seconded. Never finished on X1 but might buy it + DLC for PC on sale if it is worth it.

I loved the ending. It leaves door open to a sequel but it was beautifully done and satisfying nonetheless. And it has one of the greatest credits songs I have ever heard in a game.

As for the DLC, they round out the game. Add some new features (village rebuilding, dog companion) and questlines. I particularly enjoyed the Hans Capon DLC - it is not long, took me about 5 hours, but it has some of the funniest quests I've seen in an RPG. Woman's Lot DLC is the best, has two parts - prequel where you play Theresa and the attack on Skalitz from her perspective, and then second part is one of the best questlines in the game where as Henry you help Johanka from accusations of heresy. Quite long and very ambitious questline that's up there with the best stuff from Witcher 3 and such.

As for the mod tools, this is fantastic. Not just Sandbox but Skald too, it means modders can create new questlines, possibly even locations, characters and all that.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
BRING BACK THE BETA GRAPHICS

laptop-damage-on-fire-flames-260nw-1167477067.jpg

But I don't care, I agree. I'd love to see if modders could bring back the graphical fidelity of the alpha/beta builds.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I loved the ending. It leaves door open to a sequel but it was beautifully done and satisfying nonetheless. And it has one of the greatest credits songs I have ever heard in a game.

As for the DLC, they round out the game. Add some new features (village rebuilding, dog companion) and questlines. I particularly enjoyed the Hans Capon DLC - it is not long, took me about 5 hours, but it has some of the funniest quests I've seen in an RPG. Woman's Lot DLC is the best, has two parts - prequel where you play Theresa and the attack on Skalitz from her perspective, and then second part is one of the best questlines in the game where as Henry you help Johanka from accusations of heresy. Quite long and very ambitious questline that's up there with the best stuff from Witcher 3 and such.

As for the mod tools, this is fantastic. Not just Sandbox but Skald too, it means modders can create new questlines, possibly even locations, characters and all that.
Nah the best dlc was the last one A Woman's Lot with Theresa imo it's one of the best character of the game

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nah the best dlc was the last one A Woman's Lot with Theresa imo it's one of the best character of the game
I agree A Woman's Lot was the best DLC and I liked the prologue with Theresa. But..Johanka's questline was even more impressive to me. It was just so well done. I loved the quest to do the penance journey, and of course the final court judgement. I was relieved when I managed to clear her.