• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
this distinction is meaningless, especially when he ends up aligning with the right wing crowd
It is not meaningless at all. By libertarian he means that he favours lower taxes and less control of government over citizenry, it has nothing to do with any race-related issues. As far as I know alt-right are people like Richard Spencer, who are rightfully despised - by you, me and Dan Vávra alike.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Looks like my pc can run it well

Official Minimum Requirements
  • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • OS: OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1) or Windows 10
  • Processor: Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz, AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660, AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Storage: 40 GB available space
  • Sound Card: Integrated

Official Recommended Requirements
  • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • OS: OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1) or Windows 10
  • Processor: Intel CPU Core i7 3770 3,4 GHz, AMD CPU AMD FX-8350 4 GHz
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 1060, AMD GPU Radeon RX 580
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Storage: 40 GB available space
  • Sound Card: Creative SOUND BLASTER Zx

These specs are so much bullshit i'm way above recommended and it still runs like complete ass (in fact it does on any PC i ever tried it on so it might just be the cry engine being a crappy choice for a game like this).

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These specs are so much bullshit i'm way above recommended and it still runs like complete ass (in fact it does on any PC i ever tried it on so it might just be the cry engine being a crappy choice for a game like this).
The game is really uneven and unoptimized, even with the graphical downgrades.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

On recommended it should run in 1080p on high preset at 60fps outside populated areas and around 45 inside them. For 60fps stable, modern 6-8 core CPU is needed (I can keep 60 in Rattay with Ryzen 2700X).

radosiewka

Oct 29, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
Too bad that my PC is quite old and GTX760 won't be the best for running Kingdom Come smoothly enough - I guess I will wait with this one for my PC upgrade planned for the end of the year. But it may be finally a time when I open an account on Epic Games Store.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
Fucking AZTEZ!

HOLY shit this is a fantastic platformer brawler.
Team Colorblind clearly know their stuff on beat em up combat, as shown on their blog posts.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
As much as I wanted KCD to fail (because Dan Vávra is an abhorrent piece of shit), it is a good game. If you're getting it without giving money to alt-right trash, it's worth playing.

arcadepc

Banned
Dec 28, 2019
Read the posts. People can complain about Vavra all they want, but they should not have right to insult other developers.

Behind kdc there are many people involved too with different beliefs and opinions, things are not as simple

KKRT
I agree, did not mean it otherwise.

Last edited:

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
As much as I wanted KCD to fail (because Dan Vávra is an abhorrent piece of shit), it is a good game. If you're getting it without giving money to alt-right trash, it's worth playing.

Redeem EGS copy == Give cash to devs

So if you really care about allegations about devs then you wont redeem it from EGS.

Oct 25, 2017
Kingdom Come has some of the best cutscene direction I've ever seen in an open world RPG. Some legitimately great quests as well, and the world is very well realized.

Unfortunately, it really loses momentum after a certain story boss, and I ended up dropping the game, despite enjoying it quite a bit for many hours. But I've been considering getting back to it ever since I got an SSD. The initial loading would greatly benefit from it.

Hans Capon best boy.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Fair enough. Buy it used on disc, then.

Or you know, just don't play it.

Always found it bit hypocritical that some take stance against developers and denounce them hard for X, Y and Z, but same time under their breaths openly state wanting games from said developer to play. One way or another.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Already have KCD but I've never even heard of Aztez. Checked it out on Steam and it seems cool, so I'm excited for that one.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Or you know, just don't play it.

Always found it bit hypocritical that some take stance against developers and denounce them hard for X, Y and Z, but same time under their breaths openly state wanting games from said developer to play. One way or another.

/shrug.
What you find hypocritical is your business, for me, it's important to not give money to alt-righters.

Oct 25, 2017
Out of curiosity. Do they receive money if you play it in Gamepass?
They get money upfront to be on Game Pass, and I think it's the same for EGS.

So in a way you are funding them with your subscription, but you downloading the game or not makes no difference whatsoever, for both EGS and Game Pass. Not downloading could make it less likely that Microsoft and Epic would work with the studio again in the future, I guess, so there's that.

Foxnull

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2019
Kingdom Come Deliverance is one of the best actual RPGs since Gothic 1/2. Highly recommend it!

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
Backed them on Kickstarter, then Vavra publicly came out as pro-GamerGate and started criticizing people like me. Nice, I helped make your game possible and you insult me. I don't really think he's a white supremacist, but he's definitely a right wing GamerGator 4chan style edgelord. And yeah, maybe the entire team doesn't share his views, but they let him be the face of the company.

OozeMan

Feb 21, 2018
Happy for people who will experience KCD for the first time. I'm almost 50 hours into it and still haven't mastered the art of pick-pocketing and using the bow.

The game requires patience. Perseverance brings its rewards.

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
KCD 🤮

B1ikol5IcAEjvPi.png

🤮

Last edited:

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Aztez looks quite unique and interesting, looking forward to that.

So one free game next week, eh? Wonder what's next after that.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
It is not meaningless at all. By libertarian he means that he favours lower taxes and less control of government over citizenry, it has nothing to do with any race-related issues. As far as I know alt-right are people like Richard Spencer, who are rightfully despised - by you, me and Dan Vávra alike.
Richard Spencer is the most extreme alt-right figure, and Vavra might not be a literal nazi like Spencer, but he's still pretty much alt-right. Receipts:
So. He follows, likes and retweets numerous extremely racist alt-right figures, including Jack Posobiec, Charlie Kirk, Gavin McInnes (a literal white nationalist), Paul Joseph Watson, and many more. But he's "just an asshole" and "not a racist", and he "despises" those people?

Bullshit.

And, just for fun, I took a look at his Twitter feed to see if he has changed at all since 2 years... nope. A recent tweet had him praise Jordan Peterson, a famous racist incel. Cool, cool.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
KCD is one of the most immersive games I've played in the past decade, it would be criminal to not at least try it for free, not for everyone kinda game, but there's really nothing else like it in feel.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Surprised to see Kingdom come being discussed here, I didn't think the feelings on the devs seemed ambiguous at all

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
And yeah, maybe the entire team doesn't share his views, but they let him be the face of the company.

"Let"

Before Warhorse was acquired by Koch a full year after KCD released, it was a privately-owned studio, and Vavra was the founder. I'm not sure how you can assign any measure of responsibility or influence to the dev team for Vavra's actions.

Surprised to see Kingdom come being discussed here, I didn't think the feelings on the devs seemed ambiguous at all

It's a genuinely good game in an under-represented genre, why would you be surprised that people are interested in discussing it?

Oct 28, 2017
So I purchased Kingdom Come Delivarence on Steam shortly after its release and have been suggesting my friends to try this immersive game.

But with all the words being thrown about it looks as if I endorse or support alt right or white supremacists, is that what my actions portray or suggest?

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
"Let"

Before Warhorse was acquired by Koch a full year after KCD released, it was a privately-owned studio, and Vavra was the founder. I'm not sure how you can assign any measure of responsibility or influence to the dev team for Vavra's actions.

It's a genuinely good game in an under-represented genre, why would you be surprised that people are interested in discussing it?
RPG, under-represented genre?

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, i really wish KCD would be a PS+ game. Or is it worth it to pay $30-$40 or whatever it costs on the next sale?
For me, personally, no. I played it for a few weeks, completed it and shelved it. Felt very unfinished, loads of bugs. Not sure how polished the game is today, but back then it wasn't.

Kelanflyter

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
France
I thought it was supposed to have 3 board games this week. I only see Carcassonne and ticket to ride.
I don t see pandemic

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Rather than discussing the politics of redeeming and playing a free game, maybe the focus should be that Epic put money in the pockets of a known bigot by choosing this game specifically among a plethora of others 😇