• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
ErKP0LgXYAENTD2
ErKP0ZsXMAAWaRO
ErKP0pyXMAA4hj3

Where did ya get these?

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Gotta see it in motion to have more of an opinion of it. Way better looking than the mess that XIV was visuals wise.
Man, I'm gonna miss those gorgeous KOFXIII HD sprites. Too bad they were expensive and not practical today.

ImaPlayThis

Oct 26, 2017
I actually really like the artstyle, it reminds me of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and I always liked that artstyle

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
Looks better than KoFXIV, but I'm not personally blown away by it. Man seeing Ark system games has really applied my expectation of art and visual style in fighting games. Guilty Gear Strive isn't graphically the greatest fighting games, but it's visually incredible!

Either way, I look forward to seeing more of KoFXV. I know it's going to be very good. Hopefully, the reveal delay will lead to a better presentation overall.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Too early to say I know but man if Mai is the only new reveal from this then I'll be super bummed lol. Talk about an obvious pick, who didn't think she was coming.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
These all look like promotional stills clipped from a trailer. Gonna guess that someone got a press kit early or had one leaked to them.

Smoshow

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe this game is late 2020. I wonder when they will just cave and release it now with all this out

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Looks better than KoFXIV, but I'm not personally blown away by it. Man seeing Ark system games has really applied my expectation of art and visual style in fighting games. Guilty Gear Strive isn't graphically the greatest fighting games, but it's visually incredible!

Either way, I look forward to seeing more of KoFXV. I know it's going to be very good. Hopefully, the reveal delay will lead to a better presentation overall.
Strive is launching with 15 characters.
KOF14 launched with 50. You can't compare KOF that way.

Just Great

Oct 25, 2017
If real, It looks like at best they modified the faces but the rest of the model is basically the same with new materials.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I can't get how badly they fucked up this reveal. Even if they revealed it yesterday, why on some random no name day?

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Actually I think Benimaru's face is trash.

Leona is the big improvement because she'll have a classic costume and with this face WE WIN.
maxresdefault.jpg

She is so bland in XIV.

K seems cool.

Here's my rating so far :

Kyo : great
Shun'ei, Leona, K' : decent
Can improve : Mai, Benimaru

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Lol, board didn't tell me there were new posts till after I posted.

Anyway, looks a lot better that XIV.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
And now a double post. I'm fucking up all over in this thread. I swear it's not my fault mostly.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Looks like a slight upgrade from the previous game. Not bad, but pretty generic. Nothing about it stands out.
I miss the 2d pixel days when they actually looked great (never cared much for the 12 and 13 hd style. Felt too sterile). Such a shame those days are long gone.
And that guy with the coat cape just looks so overdesigned. Like just a mish mash of stuff pasted on him.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like is a given that this game is going to be released on the Switch

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
these looks alot better then 15 that's for sure

but i do wanna see this in motion before making a final judgement

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Maybe the roster will bring everyone back from 14 since they just put filters over the models

Anbec

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
looking cool, I'm happy with the improvement and maybe it gets updated along the way