• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
With Mai having a slightly modified model from XIV I'd hope they'd keep most of the XIV roster.

Though please give them more moves, I miss Ryo's extra moves that he had in the 2D games.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I feel is only a matter of minutes before the trailer gets leaked, making even dumber the delay from SNK

Strittles

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looks about as good as I expected. An obvious improvement over KOFXIV but still similar to Samsho's quality.

I dig it.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
SNK might as well drop the trailer tbh. It's hard for me to blame for the delay when we don't know why it happened, but if the delay was due to some reason that wasn't Covid or health and safety related then they fucked up tbh

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I'm not super happy about the artstyle, but I guess my expectations may have been a little unrealistic. At least it looks better than XIV.
The proportions look really strange to me.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Hope we get Dino Crisis 2021 for Jawmuncher

Slayven is alright, I guess
Shun'ei, introduced last game (XIV). He has a freaking air dash which is odd for a KoF game.
Shun'ei. New main character of the current arc that started with XIV which he debuted in.
Shun'ei, the new protagonist from KOF current arc, famous from his terrible design

Shun'ei, the protagonist of the new arc, though XIV barely had any story, but this time he should feel more like a protagonist according to the developers iirc.

Thanks all, was super curious as I hadn't heard seen them until yesterday.

Raidou

Oct 25, 2017
The difference is really big compared to XIV. I'm really happy with how it looks.

312987.png

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
These models look meh to me. Lighting or shading or whatever, look way better.

Need to see in motion.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I just want to see the thing in motion. At least it seems to be better than KoF XIV.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
I dig. And especially if they're gonna have alternate costumes (some of which hopefully will be included out the box), that makes 15's aesthetic both better looking and ideally, something much more sustainable.

They really gonna let DOA have the better looking Mai

C'mon SNK

I'm not sure if that's really high praise, considering DOA's take on the SNK girls just make them look like the other DOA girls. Doll-look, and all.

Kikujiro

Oct 27, 2017
Kyo looks great, so much better than XIV, but that green haired dude's design is atrocious.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
The game looks good but people really have to temper their expectations for the models/graphics. The amount of characters in this game outdoes all other fighting games if you place them on the same timeline. If they're reusing KOFXIV assets they still have a leg up, but having this big of a roster in the second revision of a reset is pretty impressive nowadays.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
So

- Overall quality of 3d models, lightning etc..

- Animations

- Direction of camera cuts

- Special Effects

These are what define whether a game looks great or not, I think those screenshots (Mai side) show a decent base. If the rest is good (and it was actually solid in Samsho) it should be sick.

Mai's body, wait to see in motion cause even MK11 a super polished game has a lot of jank during intros if you freeze frame them.

Her face suffers the same issue every female character suffers from in 3D SNK game, and it's surprising because they fixed Kyo's face that had similar issue.

Maybe we can bring attention to her design and they can fix her face.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
At this point SNK should call an audible and launch the trailer, unless for some reason they want to cancel or indefinitely delay the game

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
I don't care how it looks just gimme dat rollback and KOF gameplay and I'm good.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
Never noticed that even Shunei's giant hands weren't symmetrical, with one having long finger nails and the other one not.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
It really doesn't look very good to me, feels like what 14 should have looked like last gen not what 15 should be as a next-gen game where they rebuild things from the ground up. Was really hoping they would try to go back to their classic style instead of continuing the 14 style. Shun Ei's design really stands out as overdone in that screenshot too, if he just rolled down the pant leg and removed the bandages he'd look so much better

Hoping that it looks better in motion from the side-view

Akainu

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everywhere and nowhere
Eh It's marginally better but still unimpressive. Will save my full mehs for reveal. I think arc system has just ruined me as far as fighter graphics go.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know exactly how these leaked?

I got the press release for KoF XIV UE this morning, but it didn't include an KoF XV assets.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, a DOA Mai cosplay model looks better, that's what's disappointing.

Which isn't surprising. DOA roster is a fraction of KOF's as well KOF is a 3v3 fighter.

People expecting a KoF roster with crazy detailed models or Arc System graphics are hyping themselves up for disappointment. Maybe a couple revisions down the line but this is a great start.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Better than 14, which was awful, but still don't like this at all

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know exactly how these leaked?

I got the press release for KoF XIV UE this morning, but it didn't include an KoF XV assets.

Maybe the guy who did the spanish press release didn't realize that he included KOF XV screenshots? At least the journalist who copy pasted the press release wasn't aware that he was posting KOF XV pictures

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad it doesn't have the SamSho look but really not sure what to expect as far as distinctive art design in a 3d fighter is today. You either look like Xrd or you look like everything else, with varying degrees of flair. Kyo at least is a huge improvement. Mai notsomuch, but not horrible either.

E: Benimaru looking good!