• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
cause geese is a bad enough dude and they are shattering expectations.

That's a really bad way to shatter expectations imo.

Villains from major kof arcs

Orochi : rugal
Nest : igniz
Past : saiki
( which is already the shattered expectations as rugal isnt supposed to maintain orochi powers and Saiki is stuck in time limbo )

Let's randomly throw Geese in instead.
Who has his own arc and team already.
FF geese isnt KOF geese.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I know the leaks were debunked, but it would be nice for Jeff Bogard to actually be a real thing, just so we can have an Master's Team consisting of Jeff, Takuma, and Gang-il

That way Kim's team frees up one spot which can now be Kim, Luong, May Lee or Jhun Hoon.

These would definitely fit the "shatter all expectations" thing.

Although if they did bring back Takuma for KOF, I wonder if his 3D Model and play style would be based on the XIII style (like Ryo) or would be more closer to his MVS incarnation.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone think a Terry/Geese team would ever be possible story wise? Or would there be no possible way to make it justified?

Gigi A

Oct 26, 2017
Austin, TX
Bring him back

Saisyu_Kusanagi_KOF95.png

OP
OP

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Team Japan will be Kyo, and a combination of Shingo, Chizuru or Daimon.

Yeah this is what I'll think till proven otherwise. Sacred Treasures have never been a default team and I don't see it happening now.

Anyone think a Terry/Geese team would ever be possible story wise? Or would there be no possible way to make it justified?

I could maybe see a Terry, Rock, Geese team happening but I don't know how it could be justified given all three hate each other iirc.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
It's weird to go Rugal/Igniz/Saiki, wouldn't it? It'd be Orochi/Igniz/Saiki if we're talking about all the final, final bosses from each arc.

Well the thing is, they got rid of Orochi right after XIV in the epilogue lmao.

Kyo Iori and Chizuru speedran the fuck out of it.

So the next best thing is Rugal.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame 2002UM didn't use the four team system so we could have had the Four Heavenly Kings as a full team.

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know if we'll have a dedicated "villain team" for KOF XV. KOF XIV didn't really have a dedicated villain team unless you count the South Town Team, and even then, that was mainly Geese chasing after his own interests.

I think the boss will be a new Verse, like "Omega Verse" or something, since a lot of the endings teased that Verse or some Verse-like creature was going to return. I think we'll see a couple villains return to try and chase after that power. Maybe we'll see a Team Rugal consisting of Rugal, Vice and Mature like in the old KOF days, and we might see a Team Harukeshi(Those from the Past), consisting of Saiki, Shion and Botan. If we see a team NESTS, then I don't know who would be on it, since almost everyone in NESTS is either out, or was a boss character, and I can't imagine SNK dropping characters like Igniz down to normal level.

If we see a Team TFTP/Saiki, then that gives Team Ash/Elizabeth a reason to return, so they could oppose them. I could easily see a Team Ash team consisting of Ash/Elizabeth/Oswald. And, Heidern could form a team to try and take down Team Rugal, giving SNK an excuse to reuse that Heidern model from XIV. And, if we get a Team NESTS, we already have Team K' in the back.

KOF XV is still supposed to be the continuation of Shun'ei's story, so if we do get these returning KOF villains, they won't be in the spotlight. I don't think we're going to see NESTS, Rugal and TFTP team up.

Last edited:

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

Terry, Geese and Shun'ei were a special team in KoF XIV with an unique ending picture. Obviously that's not the same as an actual team though. But maybe it points to that not being impossible.

KOF XV is still supposed to be the continuation of Shun'ei's story, so if we do get these returning KOF villains, they won't be in the spotlight. I don't think we're going to see NESTS, Rugal and TFTP team up.

If they want to showcase the resurrection plot they set up, I'd think we'll certainly see returning villains. And teaming them up would be a way to avoid having to give each one full teams. There are issues with that though (like how NESTS didn't have any boss balanced as a playable character).

Last edited:

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People really should keep their expectations in check with KOFXV.

*Every fighting game
tenor.gif

Regarding this topic, SNK is definitely smart to reuse as many assets as they can, because frankly people absolutely don't give a shit and really don't notice at all unless it's pointed out to them . Hell sometimes people don't even notice if they don't reuse assets. Most KOF14's models just needed a little polishing and the animation quality is good enough.

sf5 is just sf4 with more shadows.

Sheentak

Oct 25, 2017
Im still thinking the game has to have a massive selling point, Thinking biggest fighting game roster of all time and rollback net code?
Smash is around 80 - KOF XIV with DLC was around 58 I think, so i could see them catching up to smash and passing it.

Oct 26, 2017
Im still thinking the game has to have a massive selling point, Thinking biggest fighting game roster of all time and rollback net code?
Smash is around 80 - KOF XIV with DLC was around 58 I think, so i could see them catching up to smash and passing it.

That would be really ambitious. I don't think they'll go for the biggest fighting game roster of all time(excluding stuff like Mugen), but I could see SNK going for the biggest roster in KOF history. I believe the KOF game with the biggest roster is 2002 UM, but it's not that much higher than XIV's final roster at 58 characters. I can see KOF XV having a 60+ character roster, with the information we now seem to know from these few trailers.

Sheentak

Oct 25, 2017
That would be really ambitious. I don't think they'll go for the biggest fighting game roster of all time(excluding stuff like Mugen), but I could see SNK going for the biggest roster in KOF history. I believe the KOF game with the biggest roster is 2002 UM, but it's not that much higher than XIV's final roster at 58 characters. I can see KOF XV having a 60+ character roster, with the information we now seem to know from these few trailers.
Possibility that your right is quite high. I think the main reason im speculating is the the TAG line of shatter all expectations and to be honest none of my expectations have been shattered.

Finaika

Dec 11, 2017
Possibility that your right is quite high. I think the main reason im speculating is the the TAG line of shatter all expectations and to be honest none of my expectations have been shattered.
Personally I think what they mean by "shatter all expectations" is the team shake ups, like what they did with the Benimaru trailer.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, since I doubt XV will rely on gimmicky head/palette swaps like kyo clones and shit + unbalanced broken bosses, XV is definitely having the biggest original and viable KOF roster IMO.

Aronleon

Apr 9, 2020
This video has some really good team options, I specifically like the Disciples team and the Good Sons Team.

megadarve

Oct 27, 2017
EDIT: Whoops late about the OST tweet

Nice they're showcasing the OST and stages like this. Trailers and teams continuing to get released like this each week isn't bad, considering they're also showing off new gameplay each trailer. Now I'm wondering where Meitenkun's music is from though lol.

Last edited:

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
That channel makes me think of my Team progeny wish of rock +adelheid and I forgot Duo Lon counts since he's a good son of a very bad guy with Ron bein around.

Also really like the concept of Heidern , Oswald, and Lin as a team of veteran assassins. Thats pretty awesome.

The idea of that team and the progeny team both bein aroundnwould make me think Ron HAS to show up as a boss if they did it. Lin and duo lon both returning? Thats just too much beef with the head of the assassin family not too.

Really really hope to see some of these dreams come true. So many unfinished stories primed to culminate now that verse dying freed souls within him and let loose all potential players to power struggle to keep the reins in their hands.

Betting we see Igniz, Rugal or krizalid again soon since all were in verse.

Sevvybgoode

Oct 29, 2017
All I want is proper Ralf back not that butchered roid head we got in 13 etc. Oh and bring back the '98 Umanori Vulcan Punch.

Negaduck

Oct 26, 2017
I picked up Ralf and Clark in 13 and I actually love the Falcoonish Chunky design lol.

13 actually made me love playing as ralf lol.

ralf-12s.gif

Subaru

Oct 26, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I picked up Ralf and Clark in 13 and I actually love the Falcoonish Chunky design lol.

13 actually made me love playing as ralf lol.

ralf-12s.gif

That's Nona's designs, not Falcoon's.

I have some criticism about some KOF XIII characters, but I loved that every character has their own body type

I really like this piece about it ;-)

art-eater.com

Art Eater | King of Characters

No fighting game is complete without great characters. If all we cared about was gameplay we’d probably be happy just playing endless…

Last edited:

Negaduck

Oct 26, 2017
Ah Nona mbmb.

Yeah I love the chunky kof 13 style personally, although I know it's a departure from the normal style.

Sevvybgoode

Oct 29, 2017
I really like the 13 art style but the changes to Ralf and in particular his moveset irked me. I REALLY loved his 98 max supers.

Does anyone know when the next trailer drops?

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
It'll happen in 2 weeks with Chizuru. After the Kyo and Iori trailers.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It'll be happening soon.

Hopefully!

It'll happen in 2 weeks with Chizuru. After the Kyo and Iori trailers.

Wonder if Iori is getting another redesign/refresh.

Can see them at least bringing the moon back into the design.

Can we finally get Kushnood Butt, Gato and Kevin Rian as a Garou team?

Kinda think that the less Garou characters are in XV the higher the chances of MOTW2 being planned.

Sevvybgoode

Oct 29, 2017
Dunno. Wouldn't that possibly strengthen people's desire for a Motw 2? Not sure the crowd who would buy Motw2 would choose not to because they could get the same experience from a Kof game...