• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Strelok

Oct 29, 2017
Karnaca, Serkonos
In general, they're all really good just for the stat buffs. In terms of individual effects, I'd rank them as such:

Top Tier:
Noah Set (each card gives +Attack, plus the whole set gives a static +10% Attack and a chance to gain super armor after doing any attack--skills included. It's a fantastic set in both PVE and PVP)

Kaya Set (It's insanely good for Defense types, and the effect of granting super armor for five seconds upon tagging is also insanely good in PVP, but also good in PVE)

*Pink Haired Girl Set (I don't remember her name, and this set's only available on the JP/KR servers right now. Basically, the cards all grant +Attack, and the effects of this set are: +12% Attack, a chance to get a +150% damage bonus on landing a skill, and when you reach 1% HP, you gain damage immunity for a short duration, which is the Kazuya/Pretty Brian/Thuganomics Cena core effect. Having that on a battle card set is *insane*, so I declare it top tier)

Mid Tier:
Ryugo Set (This set is better in PVP due to all the effects. +Guard break chance on your skills(each individual hit in a skill has a chance to guard break) and -Attack on enemies that manage to hit you are way better in PVP than in PVE. That said, each card does give you +Attack, so it's good in that regard)

Shine Set (This set's decent for any fighters who are built around crits, like XIV Geese. That said, the Tekken set and the Wonderland Iori set are better suited for crit builds. The chance to get super armor on receiving a crit is annoying in PVP, but not a big deal)

Low Tier:
Ein Set (The effects that this set gives aren't particularly great, in my opinion. Not when compared to nearly every other set. But again, the stat boosts are better than nothing)
Thank you, I'll prioritise Kaya and Noah then, I already have 3 Kaya sets, but more can't hurt.

Strelok

Oct 29, 2017
Karnaca, Serkonos
Ok, Ok, I'll use him, ffs!
Nl4xb0w.jpg

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
After what must have been 120k rubies spent since he came out, I finally managed to legitimately pull Nameless. The meme is dead

Couldn't get K' despite doing a good dozen summons during his rotation. I'll switch him in for my red rate up

Come to think of it I couldn't get Leona without using my pity either. 1% my ass.

Strelok

Oct 29, 2017
Karnaca, Serkonos
After what must have been 120k rubies spent since he came out, I finally managed to legitimately pull Nameless. The meme is dead

Couldn't get K' despite doing a good dozen summons during his rotation. I'll switch him in for my red rate up

Come to think of it I couldn't get Leona without using my pity either. 1% my ass.
Ever since they introduced that new rate I got every character, without having to save rubies, even got Mature twice and K' 3 times.

GekigangerV

Oct 25, 2017
Is there something going on with Championship mode? I haven't been able to enter it for days. I have always hated the mode, but I just wanted to enter it to slowly get Eiji.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Is there something going on with Championship mode? I haven't been able to enter it for days. I have always hated the mode, but I just wanted to enter it to slowly get Eiji.
It was taken down to solve connection issues, but they haven't gotten it back online since then. I think this is the third week already.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
The free 10-pull (daily check-in) was nice to me:

OdrGpZE.jpg

Then this immediately after, from the free cards:
iICoqzH.jpg

Hope this version of K' is good. The game clearly wants me to use him.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
I wish I could uncheck a new unit being forced into a 6th slot. I don't care if they let me pick anther unit altogether since it's meant for new units only as a sort of banner pull, but let me not have them there. I don't give a butt about K' and I've now gotten him 3 times.

Aronleon

Apr 9, 2020
The free 10-pull (daily check-in) was nice to me:

OdrGpZE.jpg

Then this immediately after, from the free cards:
iICoqzH.jpg

Hope this version of K' is good. The game clearly wants me to use him.
FES K´ is fast like really fast compared to his other 2 versions, I see him being way more useful in PVE than PVP if only cause speed and meeter destructions dont amount to much even when his game plan revolves around mantaining super armor since you know Kamui and Summer Mature exist. That said he is fun to use and mess around. Solid red unit if you are lacking one but not amazing.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cool, at this point, we're caught up in terms of fighters with the JP and KR servers. We're still behind with battle cards though, missing the Akane set and Vice and Mature 6* special and option cards.

Iori and Maxine tonight + Lunatic difficultly for 94-98!

Is the hitbox better and does it gather enemies? The normal card can be a pain to land properly.
I would have to test, but the old one is also longer, which helps for bosses like team relay bosses.

Oct 26, 2017
Iori and Maxine tonight + Lunatic difficultly for 94-98!

Lunatic, huh? Damn, for all the Orochi saga stories, too. That's some prime ruby estate.

Looking forward to Pretty Maxima, finally! The battle card banner is also resetting too, which means we might get maybe the Vice and Mature 6* cards or that pink-haired girl set in addition to these fighters. Will we also get that new giant enemy crab dungeon, too?

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lunatic, huh? Damn, for all the Orochi saga stories, too. That's some prime ruby estate.

Looking forward to Pretty Maxima, finally! The battle card banner is also resetting too, which means we might get maybe the Vice and Mature 6* cards or that pink-haired girl set in addition to these fighters. Will we also get that new giant enemy crab dungeon, too?
We were already told what we're getting: http://forum.netmarble.com/kofg_en/view/13/28668

N8zB76d.jpg

We'll have to wait another day for Akane set and Vice and Mature 6* cards. Hopefully soon. Vice 6* Special Option effect makes her even more terrifying on Summer Vice.

Last edited:

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Mature Option: - 5% Attack up - 8% damage received down - Mature exclusive skill: After using an Active Skill, gain 3s of Super Armor (20s cooldown)
Mature Special: - After using the special, for 10s, Critical rate up by 3%, Active Skill damage up 10%
Vice Option: - 5% Defense up - 1.2s Active Skill down reduction - Vice exclusive skill: 30% Def to Attack conversion
Vice Special: - After using the special, for 10s Active Skill damage up by 10%, Critical damage up by 10%

Yeah, Vice's option card is legit terrifying in PvP on her Summer version.

Oct 26, 2017
Mature Option: - 5% Attack up - 8% damage received down - Mature exclusive skill: After using an Active Skill, gain 3s of Super Armor (20s cooldown)
Mature Special: - After using the special, for 10s, Critical rate up by 3%, Active Skill damage up 10%
Vice Option: - 5% Defense up - 1.2s Active Skill down reduction - Vice exclusive skill: 30% Def to Attack conversion
Vice Special: - After using the special, for 10s Active Skill damage up by 10%, Critical damage up by 10%

Yeah, Vice's option card is legit terrifying in PvP on her Summer version.

I must have these cards. Then I can start building Summer Mature and Summer Vice up.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
I just went and unequipped every card from everyone but my gold farming team, then reequipped my units in order of power priority going Color > FES > type just to rebalance my teams somewhat. I've got a few stragglers with relatively lower CP, but each colored team has at least one fighter over 22k. Pretty Big is still sitting at 34k, but that's Pretty Big.

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty Maxima seems pretty insane. She has Pretty Zero's damage immunity core skill, and her skills are *super* synergetic with each other—skill 1 and 3 deal burn damage and shock damage, respectively, and they deal bonus damage based in if you hit the enemy in a burn or shock state! Her skill 2 is an armored grab, but one of het cores gives the skill a 100% chance to reset the cooldown if you land either skill 1 or skill 3.

I'm defintely gonna try getting her in the gacha. She seems nearly as busted as Pretty Zero, who is still insanely good months later.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty Maxima seems pretty insane. She has Pretty Zero's damage immunity core skill, and her skills are *super* synergetic with each other—skill 1 and 3 deal burn damage and shock damage, respectively, and they deal bonus damage based in if you hit the enemy in a burn or shock state! Her skill 2 is an armored grab, but one of het cores gives the skill a 100% chance to reset the cooldown if you land either skill 1 or skill 3.

I'm defintely gonna try getting her in the gacha. She seems nearly as busted as Pretty Zero, who is still insanely good months later.
I'll have to test her out. So she's Pretty Zero, but with a grab instead of chance at guard break, huh?

Also people can play $80 for her, but I would advice against that.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
15k rubies and no Pretty Maxima... This is the first time since they started doing these increased odds for new characters that one of them is just not appearing at all here... Although, yeah, I'm not paying $80 for her.

Oct 26, 2017
I had saved up 100 summon tickets from the last few weeks of the Elemental Dungeon plus just buying them from the exchange shop. This was the result:

I really should just take myself to Vegas once the pandemic ends.

...or, so I thought. After that great haul, I did twelve x10 pulls on the character banner and got pretty much nothing, not even a non-pickup FES. 'Guess the gacha gods require more tribute. The pulls gave me enough diamonds to do a pull on the Kaya banner, which gave me:

Good enough, then! 'Want more memories--this gal seriously seems good, plus I really dig her animations.

All that aside, the Lunatic difficulties of the Orochi saga all have a gimmick attached to them. Basically--using the characters from that story give you a buff:

Thankfully, that damage debuff isn't too crippling if you don't want to force yourself to use that story's characters. Some of the challenges will require you to beat the boss with a character from that story, though. The ruby rewards are quite substantial, as well!

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
After 25k rubies, I finally got Lady Maxima... from the daily free roll out of all things. Now I still need a dupe for at least the first memory. The way this is going, I'll need to get to the selector to get it.

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
Yeah I guess, gotta get the special card then, hopefully from the free daily summon otherwise I'll use my rubies since the drop rate is better.

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
For those of you who have Lady Maxima, how are you liking her? A tier list I follow to get a rough idea of effectiveness has her in the top ranks, so I was considering pulling for her. But it's really red and green where I'm lacking so I'm a bit unsure.

Aronleon

Apr 9, 2020
IF this is for PVP then Lady Maxima is basically Lady zero all over again, she has some great offensive output and her core lets her take the same risk L Zero does aka take a nuke to the face and laught at it, her burn/shock combo can ruin most people not named Ash/Sakai and skill 2 reset cooldown by skill 1 or 3, so you get a really good punch with super armor with what ever folowup you think its best for the situation, another really good purple unit overall.

How ever if this is a more general approach I would say go for the colors you are lacking, Gonuts is the easy answer for Green but if you get Adelheid or Claw Iori those are not bad pics hell O Shermie has saved my butt more times than I can count. On the Red side I would say either Geese XIV/Omega Rugal/Miss Big have you covered, Nest Kyo also a really solid pic and his burn comes in handy in all game play modes.

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah with green, I have an awakened Goenitz but that's about it. I have a low level Adelheid I'm working on now, and I also have an Ash at an even lower level.
For red, it's basically Haohmaru as the top with his nearest supporter being a level 80 Pretty Zero Clone. I'm also trying to work on a lvl 62 Geese and a lvl 57 Ms Big.

Actually, typing this out made me see that my worst situation is blue. The best I have is The Rock freebie and a Kyo 95. That's basically it. I guess I'll pray I get Leona as a Pick-Up summon.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Sheesh. I have no luck man

A whole 300 summons and I only got 1 of my rate up FES units and it was on the second or third summon.

Gonna stop chasing for memories now until I make more RHD progress. Hopefully Leona XII is on the next advanced element advent rotation. I doubt it since she's fairly new but it'd be nice.

Aronleon

Apr 9, 2020
Ash/Goenitz/Adelheid is my hell dungeon team so they will serve you well, for blue options I would say Pray for XII Leona but if needed OZero and Rock Howard will do, Rock got some buffs so now his combos are really good slap a cold effect card and you got yourself a fast and hard hitting unit.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
I hope it doesn't stop letting us use lower ★ cards to skill up. I got nearly a thousand cards and been waiting to see how this turns out before 10ing more sets.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Neat, Shion has been added to the game! It's under maintenance at the moment though, not sure how to get.

Oh and they also added some B. Jenet person, butthat's not important. Shion!