• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
i pulled kula on the roulette yesterday, and didn't realize until today when i tried to finish off a set of three and it didn't work lol

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Got Lady Kim with the Bingo summon ticket.

Don't know what I should get with my FES selection ticket.
FESs I don't have (excluding limited FES):

Midsummer Night Vice
Rock Howard XIV
Adelheid
Lady Chang

Midsummer Night Vice isn't in the selection ticket, I don't know which of the other three I'll pick, maybe I'll use it to get a memory? But that seems like a waste

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

Midsummer Night Vice
Rock Howard XIV
Adelheid
Lady Chang

Midsummer Night Vice isn't in the selection ticket, I don't know which of the other three I'll pick, maybe I'll use it to get a memory? But that seems like a waste

Lady Chang is one of the weaker FES, but she does have a 60% STR increase for all female characters leader ability.

Aronleon

Apr 9, 2020

Midsummer Night Vice
Rock Howard XIV
Adelheid
Lady Chang

While Rock is only ok at PVP, he is way better in PVE he also comes with a 55% atk buff for Fatal Fury Characters like Terry and Geese aka team my two dads. Adelheid is the other side of the coin probably way better in PVE and only ok at PVP, I like him and I feel he has a good vortex potential but unless you are needing a green unit you can pass on my boy for the moment. Lady chang has its perks in Both PVE and PVP, super armor, heavier weith so no air loops on her, and many stun options plus her leader buff on 60% atk to all females is nice when you do a run of Inferno Chizuru with O, Shermie and Idol Kula.

Its always nice to have a new until but it you are really needing to awaken another unit for the Hell dungeon runs its up to you if you want to make it easier now or just wait till you get lucky or hit the selector after 30k.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, there goes my luck for the rest of the year!

1429a5be-5096-47bf-8911km3.png

79a87dec-9e94-4d25-a35fjgy.png

Is she worth sinking cores/souls into? I do need one last Awakened Purple FES unit for my Hell Dungeon team, but was sorta waiting on doubles for Igniz or Orochi.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Welp, there goes my luck for the rest of the year!

1429a5be-5096-47bf-8911km3.png

79a87dec-9e94-4d25-a35fjgy.png

Is she worth sinking cores/souls into? I do need one last Awakened Purple FES unit for my Hell Dungeon team, but was sorta waiting on doubles for Igniz or Orochi.
She's the 2nd best grappler in the game right now, behind The Rock. She reflects stun, which is good and has a 30% chance to reset her two grab skills with her first skill. She's more PVP focused, which I feel will be the focus going forward. Not sure how good she'd be for PvE as some of her skill effects and core effects are PvP exclusive. She's still hella fun, so grind out some exp and just test her out to see if you enjoy her or not.

Aronleon

Apr 9, 2020
Congrats! Igniz and Orochi are better picks to awaken but if you already did the work and are only waiting for another memory Vice can fill the spot in the meantime.

So the thing about Vice is she has some really nifty stuff for PVP but also works really well for PVE, Im using her in some low level grind cause Im currently sinking my souls into Miss Big but I see the potential.

In PVP she has roll disable(s1), Active skill disable(s2) and Stun reflect(Core1), and 60% damage increase to stunned enemies(Core 1 PVP exclusive), in some very specific cases she will destroy the opponents like a T7 Jin or Lady Chang.

For PVE skill 1 has a 30% to reset s2 and s3, S2 has deceptive range and almost a burst effect so a good option with crowds plus a really good 42% def to atk conversion and finally skill 3 is probably the best grab in the game, its super fast, moves you forward, can be activated while taking hits on the groumd, gives super armor and also a 70% damage mitigation so even if you miss Vice can take a nuke to the face and live.

Her normal string is also solid and fast, did I mention s2 and s3 are also OTGs cause they are. So over all a solid pick that shines in some situations but will get the job done if you give her a Kaya set.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
She's the 2nd best grappler in the game right now, behind The Rock. She reflects stun, which is good and has a 30% chance to reset her two grab skills with her first skill. She's more PVP focused, which I feel will be the focus going forward. Not sure how good she'd be for PvE as some of her skill effects and core effects are PvP exclusive. She's still hella fun, so grind out some exp and just test her out to see if you enjoy her or not.
Congrats! Igniz and Orochi are better picks to awaken but if you already did the work and are only waiting for another memory Vice can fill the spot in the meantime.

So the thing about Vice is she has some really nifty stuff for PVP but also works really well for PVE, Im using her in some low level grind cause Im currently sinking my souls into Miss Big but I see the potential.

In PVP she has roll disable(s1), Active skill disable(s2) and Stun reflect(Core1), and 60% damage increase to stunned enemies(Core 1 PVP exclusive), in some very specific cases she will destroy the opponents like a T7 Jin or Lady Chang.

For PVE skill 1 has a 30% to reset s2 and s3, S2 has deceptive range and almost a burst effect so a good option with crowds plus a really good 42% def to atk conversion and finally skill 3 is probably the best grab in the game, its super fast, moves you forward, can be activated while taking hits on the groumd, gives super armor and also a 70% damage mitigation so even if you miss Vice can take a nuke to the face and live.

Her normal string is also solid and fast, did I mention s2 and s3 are also OTGs cause they are. So over all a solid pick that shines in some situations but will get the job done if you give her a Kaya set.
Thanks, both of you! I'll raise her up since I don't have anyone else to grind for right now (stuck on Floor 18 of the Awakening Hell Dungeon cuz only 2/3 of my Purple team are ALvl. 20, bleh) and keep her in my pocket for PVP in case they do FES-only seasons.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I finally pulled from the daily free play one of the cards I had actually chosen (Lady Clone Zero's special).

Also, official Japanese trailer for Lady Brian has been uploaded.

Last edited:

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, all the tickets we got don't expire until 11 days from now, and this banner last for 9.

Saving up!

Oct 26, 2017
I had forgotten that XII Leona and Lady Brian were being added to the game before the daily reset. So, I logged in and did two x10 pulls. On the second x10 pull:

Hooray! I had some diamonds left over from me trying to get Summer Mature and Vice, so I did a single pull on the Kaya banner, and...

I might have just used up my gacha luck for the year.

Looks like Netmarble's doing the premium shop for Lady Brian, like they did for Ms. Big and Lady Kim. It's $80 to get Lady Brian outright, just like Lady Kim if you feel so inclined.

Aronleon

Apr 9, 2020
I think Ill just save up all my rubies till I hit 30 in order to do a massive dump, hopefully I will hit another blue FES to awaken, Athena 96 has more than made up but I really need someone else to help Jin and Gintoki later. On that note heres my current FES lineup. (currently wating on hell dungeon 11 to save up on Exp Capsules)

Orochi - Awk 17, 1 memory
Igniz - Lv 90, no memories
Summer Vice - Lv 60, no memories
Miss Big - Lv 80, 1 memory
Terry 03 - Awk 13, 1 memory
Mukai - Lv 1, no memory
Ash - Awk 10, no memories
Adelheid - Awk 10, no memories
Ex Kyo - Awk 10, no memories
Gessse XIV - Awk 10, no memories
O. Chris - Lv 1, 1 memory
O. Shermie - Awk 10, no memories
O. Yashiro - Lv 1, no memories
O. Leona - Lv 90, no memories
O. Iori - Awk 12, 1 memory
Elizabeth(gintama) - Lv 41, no memories
Katzura, Lv 80, 3 memories
Kamui - Awk 14, 1 memory
White Gintoki - Awk 10, No memories
Nakaruru - Lv 85, 2 memories
Rock Howard - Lv 90, no memories
Nameless - Awk 10, nomemories
Omega Rugal - Awk 15, no memories
Lady Chang - Lv 60, 1 memory
GOnuts - Awk 10, no memories
Xmas Elizabeth - Lv 60, no memories
Lady Clone Zero - Lv 1, no memories
Lady Zero - Awk 10, no memories
Baseball Vanessa - Lv 84, No memories
Original Zero - Lv 90, no memories
Clone Zero - Awk 10, 3 memories (will use them on gintoki)
Idol Kula - Awk 10, no memories

Im really happy with my roster, I could care less about Krizalid, Lady Kim or Lady Brian at least till she goes into the pool, Right now I mostly want to hit more memories and maybe get Leona or Summer Mature.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, decided to throw some saved up tokens at the banner just for funsies and got this from a x10 silver token pull.

IAQDEFD.jpg

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
I had forgotten that XII Leona and Lady Brian were being added to the game before the daily reset. So, I logged in and did two x10 pulls. On the second x10 pull:

Hooray! I had some diamonds left over from me trying to get Summer Mature and Vice, so I did a single pull on the Kaya banner, and...

I might have just used up my gacha luck for the year.

Looks like Netmarble's doing the premium shop for Lady Brian, like they did for Ms. Big and Lady Kim. It's $80 to get Lady Brian outright, just like Lady Kim if you feel so inclined.
Something similar happened with me and Saiki. Did a multi since they added Leona, finally. Got him there. Then used the 2 5★ vouchers. Got Christmas Sylvie (new) on the first one and Saiki on the second.

Now to see if he's worth replacing one of my Yellow team members. Current lvl 10a team is Kamui lead (with Gintama set), Terry (with Kaya set) and Lady Zero (with Noah set).

Misuta

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Germany
I used some 5-6 star battle card tickets and I finally got Terry's option card. I'm so happy now because I used so many rubies before to get it.

Aug 26, 2018
日本
Just a random thought, but does anybody think the game could use an "arcade" mode?
  • Characters based on given KOF game
  • Normalized fighters akin to Time Attack
  • Matches akin to Infinite Battle/Championship
  • 8 matches ending with the sub-boss and boss of that specific game (e.g. Saishu/Omega Rugal, Chizuru/Goenitz)
  • Maybe give people 3 "quarters" before you have to fork over rubies and such
There's already a hell of a lot to do in-game. But it might be a way to let people get away from the ridiculous that Infinite Battle can lead to while not having to go through the sidescrolling that Story Mode requires.

Strelok

Oct 29, 2017
Karnaca, Serkonos
Just a random thought, but does anybody think the game could use an "arcade" mode?
  • Characters based on given KOF game
  • Normalized fighters akin to Time Attack
  • Matches akin to Infinite Battle/Championship
  • 8 matches ending with the sub-boss and boss of that specific game (e.g. Saishu/Omega Rugal, Chizuru/Goenitz)
  • Maybe give people 3 "quarters" before you have to fork over rubies and such
There's already a hell of a lot to do in-game. But it might be a way to let people get away from the ridiculous that Infinite Battle can lead to while not having to go through the sidescrolling that Story Mode requires.
Yeah, I'd just like to be able to use characters I can't fully upgrade or haven't yet in a fun mode, maybe even with all characters having the same stats.

Oct 27, 2017
Thinking about doing the same. It's turning into a slog of a game and it's unfortunate that a lot of the content is gated until you have a maxed out character.

If you've been saving a lot of AP refills, now's a great time to burn them on coins and cores. You'll also end up with a lot of letters, which I'm using to try to get rubies.
I've nearly maxed out all my cores for all my FES characters.

Oct 26, 2017
is there a way to not default to auto in the pvp modes?

I don't think so. If there is a way, I don't know how. You just gotta remember to go into some other game mode and have your attack mode set to manual instead of semi-auto or auto before you play the PVP modes.

Which, I think might be impossible because I never remember to do that shit.

That aside, if both XIII K' and XIII Iori release at the same time, then the global version will officially be caught up with the JP/KR version!

Aronleon

Apr 9, 2020
Crazy to think it only took 10 months to catch up, sure there where some ups and downs with suck a quick path but I cant say I regret getting the game from the start. Besides I finally have my Dream team that probably wont ever happen in a real KOF game of Rock, Adelheid and Nameless.

Oct 26, 2017
There will be a four hour maintenance going on in the next two hours, and at the end of it, we will apparently be getting a new character, new events and a new dungeon.

Damn--they really didn't give the fans a lot of time to pull XII Leona and Pretty Brian at the higher drop rate, assuming that new character is a FES.

And we have one pending new collab right?

I think that may have been the Gintama Round 2 collab.

Oct 27, 2017
There will be a four hour maintenance going on in the next two hours, and at the end of it, we will apparently be getting a new character, new events and a new dungeon.

Wish I saw this post sooner. Just redeemed a load of AP ad coupons.
Oh well. I think I did pretty well. I burned over 100 tickets so over 5000 AP on cores and gold dungeons in the last 2 days and got nearly all of my FES' cores fully unlocked.

Oct 26, 2017
This update we got was pretty large! We got a new Event Dungeon, which gives us currency that we use to buy character memories(including FES memories!). There's only a select amount of characters in the shop, and I don't know if those characters rotate out or not.

We also got a new Team Relay mode called Team Relay Challenge, which seeks to have a ranking system on it similar to League and Infinite Battle. Not sure how it works. The actual fight has modifiers on it.

The new fighter we got is Seth! And, we're getting him for free in a Super Mission! Another AS Super Mission was added too, so...free memories!

Lastly, it looks like a Battle Pass was added. I haven't really messed with battle passes, but it looks like there's a free tier and a paid tier. The paid tier is only $10, and can net you a bunch of goodies. You earn EXP for the Battle Pass by doing missions, which I think are only daily missions(200 EXP per day)? You can also buy EXP outright, so I dunno how slow the EXP gaining will be right now.

EDIT: lastly, lastly: it looks like a new character was datamined. Pretty Maxima?! https://www.reddit.com/r/KOFALLSTAR/comments/ihd849/lady_maxima_banner_datamined/

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There's also a bug with the daily missions right now where even if you complete all 15, it'll only show as 11. Hopefully they fix that soon (like within the day) or it will be mandatory to buy several daily EXP packages in order to complete the pass before it runs out.

Team Relay mode is full of hackers. Also to rank pretty high in this one, you're going to need someone with bleed who has Tekken Set. Good luck.

Also the Lady train seems to never be stopping. Maxima is just as pointlessly fanservice as Brian is (though it's pretty much Angel's costume), but at least it isn't a loli. I guess the devs think people won't buy their little packages unless said model is "sexy". Ms Big continues to be the best Lady design.

MAXIMA_01.png

Last edited:

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Come on, you'd basically be getting mohawk Storm cosplaying as Vanessa. It prints money for some of us.
More like Mohawk Storm in a bikini or as some loli if the other Pretty/Lady characters are anything to go off of. You act as if the Lady characters are consistent in their designs based off the originals.

Asking for Lady Seth just feels like a monkey's paw at this point.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
More like Mohawk Storm in a bikini or as some loli if the other Pretty/Lady characters are anything to go off of. You act as if the Lady characters are consistent in their designs based off the originals.

Asking for Lady Seth just feels like a monkey's paw at this point.
They could always surprise us! I try to be cautiously optimistic.

I mean, if she were an adult she's have a huge chest or something, probably show more skin if they didn't just go the route they went with Brian and Maxima (and to a lesser degree Yashiro).

Oct 26, 2017
There's also a bug with the daily missions right now where even if you complete all 15, it'll only show as 11. Hopefully they fix that soon (like within the day) or it will be mandatory to buy several daily EXP packages in order to complete the pass before it runs out.

Team Relay mode is full of hackers. Also to rank pretty high in this one, you're going to need someone with bleed who has Tekken Set. Good luck.

Also the Lady train seems to never be stopping. Maxima is just as pointlessly fanservice as Brian is (though it's pretty much Angel's costume), but at least it isn't a loli. I guess the devs think people won't buy their little packages unless said model is "sexy". Ms Big continues to be the best Lady design.

MAXIMA_01.png

That's skimpier than I thought, but as you said, it's pretty much just Angel's costume. Based on that model picture I kinda thought she didn't even have legwear at all, but I see the boots. I was originally hoping for the full Maxima ensemble, but with an open jacket for sex appeal. But well, we get Maxima Angel.

Gotta admit, though: Maxima is one of my *all time* favorite KOF characters, so I think I'm all in on Pretty Maxima.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
That's skimpier than I thought, but as you said, it's pretty much just Angel's costume. Based on that model picture I kinda thought she didn't even have legwear at all, but I see the boots. I was originally hoping for the full Maxima ensemble, but with an open jacket for sex appeal. But well, we get Maxima Angel.

Gotta admit, though: Maxima is one of my *all time* favorite KOF characters, so I think I'm all in on Pretty Maxima.

That's what I was hoping for too. I really like the design from the shoulders up, but that outfit is just bleh.
With the way her arms look, a Zero Suit style outfit would have looked good. Rather than Maxine stealing Angel's gear.

Last edited: