• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks!

That's what it needs to say to get the return rewards right? Just wanna double check before logging back in a day early and having it all be for naught, ha.

Aronleon

Apr 9, 2020
Welcome back, All souls money and other rewards we had 15 days ago are still here plus they give you more money on the gold dungeon so its time to grind baby.

waxinlyrical

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I came back a week before the collab and let me tell you, it's been nice having the half AP consumption buff for power up dungeons. With gold dungeon hot time going on now it's *almost* like 4x rates for me.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
Uggg! I got the returning player bonuses just fine, but none of the codes I redeemed were in my inbox. Besides the stream and the email code, I even got lucky and was selected as one of the people for the 500 rubies from the survey. None of it was in my inbox. :(

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to unequip all battle cards from all your characters at once? I need to go through and reallocate them, but I don't want to have to go through 50+ characters unequipping.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Screenshot_2020-08-01-12-05-11-129_com.netmarble.kofg.jpg

Free Daily

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I already have 4 of Kagura's special cards, 2 of Kamui and 2 of Kondou while still missing 4 of them (Gintoki, FES Gintoki, Takasugi, Sougo). I already got one selector though, and probably will be able to complete another loop to get a second one. I might actually spend some money just to get the full set of specials (buying the non-FES selector from the shop) if the remaining ones don't drop in the next two weeks.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Got a third FES Gintoki, still missing the other two FES, only 3 more ten pulls until pity

At least I can milk a 10 pull or two out of the 2000 story

Aronleon

Apr 9, 2020
Got a third FES Gintoki, still missing the other two FES, only 3 more ten pulls until pity

At least I can milk a 10 pull or two out of the 2000 story

Im 2 ten pulls away from the pity and still no white gintoki on sight but the game really wants me to awaken Kamui and Kasura cause I now have 2 memories for each one.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Got Saiki on the free daily roll. Almost makes up for my shitty Gintama luck.

EDIT: Also, this game really wants me to use Shingo. Got his 6* special card from yesterday's 5 card pull, and got his 6* option card from today's pulls.

Last edited:

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
I need to have something confirmed before I waste it. For this "(Event) Fest Fighter Memory Selector" summon you can use, it says "A ticket used to select and obtain a Memory of a Fest Fighter from the lineup." These are selecting just the memories and not the actual characters, correct?

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I need to have something confirmed before I waste it. For this "(Event) Fest Fighter Memory Selector" summon you can use, it says "A ticket used to select and obtain a Memory of a Fest Fighter from the lineup." These are selecting just the memories and not the actual characters, correct?

Yeah, it's just a memory not the character. There will be a similar ticket for a character soon though.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
After getting nothing but FES Gintoki dupes (as far as FES go), I got Kotarou on the last 10 pull I needed to hit pity. Picked up Kamui with the selector, set complete, now to focus on the cards. Already got Kotarou's card via a free pull from the board game, but I'm hoping to get Kamui's card

The new bingo thing seems pretty cool

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
is super bingo for summoning fighters and cards bugged for anybody else? It says it includes free, but it didn't count my today's free pulls. I assume it's not supposed to count tickets so I am talking specifically about free daily singles

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
Played PVP for the first time in months in order to get the bingo square filled in, and boy is it still an absolutely dire experience. Even having full green bars did nothing to stop each battle from being so laggy that the opponent legitimately fell out of my cinematic supers TWICE (Deadly Rave Neo and Omega Execution, both of which were hit confirmed and not juggled or Awakening Bursted), haha.

No idea why they'd want to purposefully draw attention to what's the worst aspect of this game by a good margin, but hey whatever compels people to whale so they can smack their expensive action figures together, I guess.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
PvP is acquired taste, yeah. I'm somewhat decent at it, but at the end of the day, it's "broken characters vs broken characters" most of the time. On non FES weeks, it's just "Collab vs Collab featuring Occasional AS with Super Armor". One KOF only, it's "Super Armor vs Super Armor featuring Mai". Add opponents with godawful connections and that's PvP for you. I don't expect everyone to get an Ethernet connected tablet like me, so phone Wifi/4G/5G is what you'll mostly be fighting. If you think fighting game netcode with wifi is bad, then woo boy, this makes your average JP fighting game look flawless by comparison.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
And now my Gintama collection is basically complete. I'm only missing the Hijikata/Kensou and Elizabeth/Mai cards, but there's really no reason to go after those.

Now I'm focusing on getting more characters to level 90, completing the bingo and saving up resources for future banners. I'm kind of disappointed with how Ryo plays in this game though. He's my favorite in KoF proper, but all his versions here feel odd (The Kohou uppercut seems to have no priority at all). I don't have his highest ranked version though (96).

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
PvP is acquired taste, yeah. I'm somewhat decent at it, but at the end of the day, it's "broken characters vs broken characters" most of the time. On non FES weeks, it's just "Collab vs Collab featuring Occasional AS with Super Armor". One KOF only, it's "Super Armor vs Super Armor featuring Mai". Add opponents with godawful connections and that's PvP for you. I don't expect everyone to get an Ethernet connected tablet like me, so phone Wifi/4G/5G is what you'll mostly be fighting. If you think fighting game netcode with wifi is bad, then woo boy, this makes your average JP fighting game look flawless by comparison.
On top of that, the games performance seems to tank more and more each update. My phone once played it wonderfully, no drops, smooth as silk on the highest settings. Now I'm lucky if I'm doing any newer content and it doesn't drop frames or just outright lag and I go from comboing to the stupid AI is suddenly juggling me.

Worst part of this thing is the damned Championship requirement. Not everyone is able to participate in those since they're not always open, which is probably the worst feature of them. Even outside of the bingo card.

Galactic

Oct 29, 2017
Florida, USA
For some reason after the Gintama collab dropped I can barely get the game to run without it crashing when I go to any where else besides the main menu. It's super frustrating. I'm hesitant to delete and re download (I have my account linked to my Game Center on my iPhone) mostly to not want to loose my Xiao and Jin, but man I just want to play.

Oct 27, 2017
the other day I got super lucky with pulling 10 KOFAS character tickets at once...
Screenshot_20200804-074908.png

Other than that, I fortunately got all characters, with the last one obtained by pity, while getting these Memories:
Kamui x1
Takasugi x6
Kagura x3
Okita x1
Hijikata x3

Terrible luck on the cards though. Missing 2 Option cards, all 3 Set cards, and 3 Special Cards and I've already gotten to pity...

Oct 27, 2017
so i'm only missing the katsura and normal gintoki cards right now, and Katsura and Fes Gintoki unit wise. Will try to get Fes Gintoki before the banner ends, hope I get lucky, otherwise its gonna be weird having his card and not being able to use it

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Are bronze souls oddly rare? Is there an easy way to grind for them that I've overlooked outside of buying them for spirit ashes? You'd think there would be an easy way to get them considering how weak bronze characters are.

Last edited:

Aronleon

Apr 9, 2020
2 k later and a pity ticket I have finally got White Gintoki, I will try to get the cards but at this point Im ok if I dont get anything else.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
Question for everyone:

Is Ms. Big or Silent Night Elizabeth considered a better unit right now? Trying to decide who to use my FES Selector on and I'm torn between those two.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Question for everyone:

Is Ms. Big or Silent Night Elizabeth considered a better unit right now? Trying to decide who to use my FES Selector on and I'm torn between those two.
Ms Big is best for PvP, while I feel Elizabeth is best for PvE, due to her healing. Ms Big has a built in stun countdown and an interrupt skill with hyper armor.

Aronleon

Apr 9, 2020
Question for everyone:

I will echo Kewlmyc opinion, Ms Big is the option to go for PVP, stun bomb, poison and her cores are made to survive some nukes to the face. Betty on the other hand has a more reliably healing but not as broken IMO as Orochi, when you awaken her its just gets better, plus all her kit is made to make her outlast the opposition.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
Ms Big is best for PvP, while I feel Elizabeth is best for PvE, due to her healing. Ms Big has a built in stun countdown and an interrupt skill with hyper armor.
I will echo Kewlmyc opinion, Ms Big is the option to go for PVP, stun bomb, poison and her cores are made to survive some nukes to the face. Betty on the other hand has a more reliably healing but not as broken IMO as Orochi, when you awaken her its just gets better, plus all her kit is made to make her outlast the opposition.
Thanks, all! Decided to go with Ms. Big since I'm in need of a red defense unit not called Clone Zero, lol

She's so cool, just a shame the current system means she's nigh-unusable in most modes until I get a few more Memories of her.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, what?? Dammit, why couldn't she have been released alongside Summer Mature?!

There will be some server maintenance later today at 4:00 PM PDT. So, if we are getting a new character imminently, we'll see after the maintenance.

This either leaked a year early or we're getting this next. Thumbnail has generic Vice art because the datamine doesn't have character art or a character model attached. Same for FES K'.