• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got Maxima unlocked, lucked out and snagged Yashiro as well at the same time :) Not sure if I'll go after King or not, might just start saving gems for the next character event I want.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just FYI, Halloween Kula doesn't have a unique Special Battle Skill card, there's just the one for regular Kula. The Halloween Kula card on the special banner is an Option card, and it doesn't have any unique features for Kula, just nice artwork and limited availability.

Though that brings me to my question, it seems Halloween Yashiro does have a unique Battle Skill card, but where do we get it from? It's not part of the Halloween Yashiro card event either, those are Options cards. Does he just come with it automatically if you get him?

I am 99% sure this isn't in the game currently. It might be something that gets released during next year's Halloween or a later event, just like how Festival Athena's exclusive special card isn't in the game currently.

EDIT: Google translate says that you can get it via trade in medals from the event. Given we don't have any medals from this event, and I'm not seeing it anywhere when trading in souls, I'm pretty sure this is something that will happen later on during a re-release.

Last edited:

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Screenshot_2019-11-03-17-26-38-008_com.excelliance.multiaccounts.png

There we go, got everything I had back. Now, just to wait for next reset and get my Kula card and I am all set.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
I wish this game had ability to swap appearances between character versions, like GBF does.Cuz tbh I'd prefer to eventually swap H,Kula to normal, thus having incentive to actually try and pull for regular Kula, so I have access to her skin.

Oct 26, 2017
10,000 MORE POINTS TO GO!

Ra9aFCN.png

Then I can finally stop beating up Mr. Big. When Mr. Big gets released as a playable character, there needs to be an event called "Mr. Big's Revenge" where a super tough Mr. Big boss takes revenge on all the players who grinded this event.

Baha

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I got the venom shot card from a 5* ticket the other day, is it the same card as the 100,000 pts reward?

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
So I was watching these Finisher compilations for the Japanese version and noticed that each character has 2 Finishers + their card Ultimate. Initially I thought it was just different year variants may have different finishers, but then I saw Orochi Leona do a move I haven't seen available in game, so now I'm confused. Did a later update add in the second ones or something?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uuwYUXD4l0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv5nvzL4-us

Oct 26, 2017
So I was watching these Finisher compilations for the Japanese version and noticed that each character has 2 Finishers + their card Ultimate. Initially I thought it was just different year variants may have different finishers, but then I saw Orochi Leona do a move I haven't seen available in game, so now I'm confused. Did a later update add in the second ones or something?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uuwYUXD4l0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv5nvzL4-us

Maybe. I bet they'll come around at the 1st year anniversary. Because I'm seeing a lot of stuff in that video that I can't seem to obtain yet, stuff like Yamazaki's Guillotine super.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have absolutely no idea what I should be doing in this game hahah. Just has so much going on. Are any of these limited time events something I should be doing?

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
This game's reward system is genius. Gifting out random little 100k gold, or 10 skip tickets, or energy at random times and pushing notifications is so smart.

It makes me log in and play.

Last edited:

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
I just don't like how small their claim windows are. Waking up to see that you missed something because it was only available for 3 hours sucks.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Been trying to get Athena's super battle card.

How does this the whole color change to increase rare drop rate work?

It's say blue->yellow->red->rainbow. What is rainbow? is it any color?

I tried using a blue character then yellow then red then back to blue a few times but don't see any difference in drop rates.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Been trying to get Athena's super battle card.

How does this the whole color change to increase rare drop rate work?

It's say blue->yellow->red->rainbow. What is rainbow? is it any color?

I tried using a blue character then yellow then red then back to blue a few times but don't see any difference in drop rates.
I believe it just means the color of the gate when the screen loads. So if you get a rainbow loading door screen you'll get the card drop for certain, but only a chance otherwise (based on the color).

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Omega Rugal FES is up

Too soon and with these rates, not happening lol. 0.3% rate up, 1/20 5 star summons is the focus unit.

At least dupes are useful in this game for soul shard exchange.

Hamster0

Dec 4, 2018
I think I'm gona pass on Rugal, gona save up gems for Christmas.

Was thinking of pulling more on Halloween, but 3/4 character and cards is good enough.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Aw, wish I'd note wasted gems on the Halloween stuff and saved them for Rugal instead, doubt I could unlock him unless I get really lucky. I'll save the gems and make a decision later.

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Anyone have the yellow king in stepup? How is she? I have both red 5*s and plenty of 4* Kings but they are mostly red element. I'm not sure if I want this even if I do really like her as a character.

I think I'll keep throwing a couple at Orochi but otherwise I might start saving for other characters I like.

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone have the yellow king in stepup? How is she? I have both red 5*s and plenty of 4* Kings but they are mostly red element. I'm not sure if I want this even if I do really like her as a character.

I think I'll keep throwing a couple at Orochi but otherwise I might start saving for other characters I like.

97 King is excellent. Her leader skill gives a 50% attack boost to yellow element fighters, so if you can manage to get both Maxima AND 97 King through the Step Up, you've got a stew going. I managed to get both Maxima and 97 King through the step-up, and they're awesome on a team.

I personally recommend trying to get her, she's great.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Halfway to acquiring Geese. Gotta say, I like the daily matches quite a bit, K' cleaning up! Plus I got some pretty cool rewards after the week was up. Hopefully should have him, Kyo and Terry '96 up to Lvl 80 each.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
Omega rugal out and im still throwing everything at the orochi banner since I have his regular form. Reached the point where im getting all dupes lately.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Omega rugal out and im still throwing everything at the orochi banner since I have his regular form. Reached the point where im getting all dupes lately.
Yeah, I'm at the point where dupes are almost all I get, though yesterday I had some nice luck getting Yashiro and Brian. I also have regular Rugal, and while I vastly prefer the design of Omega Rugal (plus he has Kaiser Wave!) I think I'll pass on him as I dont rate my odds on getting him with the amount of gems I have. I'd rather conserve them for whatever is next (thankfully I don't care about Xmas character either, so no need to waste gems on them!)

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
97 King is excellent. Her leader skill gives a 50% attack boost to yellow element fighters, so if you can manage to get both Maxima AND 97 King through the Step Up, you've got a stew going. I managed to get both Maxima and 97 King through the step-up, and they're awesome on a team.

I personally recommend trying to get her, she's great.

The only yellow card I have at the moment is my level 80 Chizuru, who is actually pretty great. I do have the freebie Terry and leveling him up for the rewards seem like something to work towards. 50% yellow sounds amazing though. I have Shermie so I can get 60% while my health is high but that isn't always easy. I can also field a full King team which I now oddly want to do... Damn, my crystals.
So in worse case scenario I need 4k rubies to get the selector. 🤔

What is the best way to get crystals (f2p wise)? I've been using the ones from story and it is drying up while my character's progress is slowing with tougher difficulty for now. Same with epic quests.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
So in worse case scenario I need 4k rubies to get the selector. 🤔

What is the best way to get crystals (f2p wise)? I've been using the ones from story and it is drying up while my character's progress is slowing with tougher difficulty for now. Same with epic quests.
Daily logins over a week period are good, as are daily missions. You can get a couple of hundred over a week. Likewise, do all the match stuff every day (league/ranked/time trial) as these give you gems at the end of each week based on your placing in rankings. You can get 30 gems each day via the shop watching a commercial...
And just save up gems and only use them based on what events are happening. For me I don't really need the seasonal outfits so my plan is to horde gems until some of the missing characters are added into the game.

Oh, and character selectors can be purchased via the ranked shop for something like 5K points. Those take a little while to get, but cool for getting normal characters you might be short, also in said shop you can by Geese bucks to unlock Geese, and doing well in the daily fights to get your rank up gives you quite a few points by the end of the week, which in turn makes it easier to afford Geese/character selector.

Also, the soul mission gives you a few gems for the first time per difficulty per character (it all adds up), epic missions and pretty much any other mission type gives you gems on first play as well. So just play everything at least once to ring gems out of the game as much as possible.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
On the subject of cards, the Maxima option card is fantastic. I used my selector on it and got the skill up to 7 thus far (HP +2.9% & Skill CD -1.6%). I immediately put it on my 95 Mai and she's a skill spamming machine. I have her down to 5s CDs atm via Maxima's option card, King support (-2s CD) plus her Cores. She still has more CD reduction cores and could use a second Maxima down the line for even further CD reduction.

https://thekingoffightersallstar.fandom.com/wiki/Strategic_Retreat

Oct 26, 2017
I just started on the Epic Quest stuff, and holy shit this is going to be a *grind*. Leveling up your characters as much as possible only does so much, because you need to level up those "Epic Quest Stats" things in order for your characters to stand a chance during some of these missions.

It's a shame, because I want to get the Epic Quest Chizuru, but I think it's going to take months of grinding those Epic Quest daily missions and levels before I'm able to get her.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
There's something I'm not getting about upgrading battle cards. I got Mai's skill card from the growth quest and I've got it upgraded to max level at 6 star but my skill hasn't upgraded at all. Do they use a seperate currency? I used the one meant for skill cards which got me up to level 4 now but they dont seem to get me a full level up anymore.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
There's something I'm not getting about upgrading battle cards. I got Mai's skill card from the growth quest and I've got it upgraded to max level at 6 star but my skill hasn't upgraded at all. Do they use a seperate currency? I used the one meant for skill cards which got me up to level 4 now but they dont seem to get me a full level up anymore.
Skill cards give a chance for skills to level up. You can see the percent chance for a skill to level up when you add the cards before you hit go.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow

I believe skill is upgraded by feeding dupes of same card (or special cards with skill upgrade). And regular level ups are just for stats.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm I doing something wrong in the Road to Festival Dungeon (Athena battle cards)

I've been running it with most of the AP for 3 days and I haven't gotten one thing over 3 stars.

Edit: LOL I should complain more, just got my first one.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Skill cards give a chance for skills to level up. You can see the percent chance for a skill to level up when you add the cards before you hit go.

That's the thing, I can't max out the bar and it seems like it doesn't carry over if you dont fill it 100%. Don't know what's going on.

Anyone maxed out a skill on a card yet? How did you go about it?

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017

First Mutoh Keiji as Christmas Chang and now I find this. The marketing for this game's special events is bonkers

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm give up using K'99.

He's suppose to be one of the better characters but he seems terrible for PvM especially in the tougher battles where the enemies have super armor on most of the time. His move set are all about stunning but that just doesn't work when most harder enemies can't get stunned.

1. His dash is trash, its slow and short, many times keeping him in the striking range of the enemy.
2. His specials take so long to do, his fireball takes so long that an full screen enemy can literally run through his fireball and kill him.
3. His normals have so much lag because it stuns enemies, well super armor enemies don't get stunned so you're basically just giving the enemy free hits.

Am I missing something? Is there a reason he's considered good?

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
Maaaaaaaaaaaan, I need a good Green asap. I struggle with this week's Cerebella knockoff event boss using 95 Mai. I have a lvl 60 Mature, but I don't have the resources to push her further (spent them all on Mai and Kula thus far). I also have Kensou, but IDK how good he is.

A strong green would help immensely with my other major roadblock right now, too. Been fighting Orochi on Hard for about 90 minutes or so now. Mai is basically the only person on my roster that can do anything to him (Mai is CP 13,454 vs the stage being 18,630) and it's not going well at all. I keep coming close then missing something, leading to him insta comboing me to death.

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking fuck Omega Rugal. I have no good red units of any kind (my only 5* red unit is King, and she feels TERRIBLE) so I would really be able to use him. Spent all my gems trying to get him and all I got to show for it is KOF99 Benimaru (a yellow attacker, useless with Orochi Iori around) and one of the many green defense-type Roberts that I don't need.

Damn it, gacha. :(

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
You guys weren't kidding about the King event being a grind, half way in and I'm out of all that sweet launch event bonus AP.
So what's the way for me to get more AP from this point?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
You guys weren't kidding about the King event being a grind, half way in and I'm out of all that sweet launch event bonus AP.
So what's the way for me to get more AP from this point?
You can get 250 AP every day for watching 5 adverts (50 per ad), purchase items from the fighting and league stores that restore 50/100% of your AP (they are really cheap items, 1 purchase per day) and just doing the roulette (getting the 30AP bingo gives you a nice amount) and doing certain daily missions.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
You can get 250 AP every day for watching 5 adverts (50 per ad), purchase items from the fighting and league stores that restore 50/100% of your AP (they are really cheap items, 1 purchase per day) and just doing the roulette (getting the 30AP bingo gives you a nice amount) and doing certain daily missions.

Adding to this be sure to clear up to floor 20 in the tower of trials and hitting auto clear once a day, 100 free AP every day.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Adding to this be sure to clear up to floor 20 in the tower of trials and hitting auto clear once a day, 100 free AP every day.
Ah yes, forgot about that. The game is actually pretty darn generous with its daily rewards (and just rewards in general). I suppose its not if your wanting to unlock loads of rarer characters quick, but now that I'm pretty familiar with most of the systems, its not to bad if patient to unlock all but those special characters (which is what my growing gem horde will be for!)

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking fuck Omega Rugal. I have no good red units of any kind (my only 5* red unit is King, and she feels TERRIBLE) so I would really be able to use him. Spent all my gems trying to get him and all I got to show for it is KOF99 Benimaru (a yellow attacker, useless with Orochi Iori around) and one of the many green defense-type Roberts that I don't need.

Damn it, gacha. :(
I would honestly just focus on getting 95' Mai. Purple Boss units are a pain in the ass to level up, plus you still have to get their elusive fighter unit. Anyone in the default banner is easier to level up due to being able to exchange soul dust for their soul cards every day, and some have soul events in the story mode (normal, hard, and expert) that you can do 3 times a day for 3 soul cards. Also you can save up league tokens to get a selector ticket for special cards of anyone in the default banner, something you can't do for the boss banners or other banners.

Long story short, if you're just looking for a good red unit, focus on getting 95' Mai (red attacker).

Also, if you finish the Yellow Element Festival, you gain access to the Red Element Festival, which has you unlock a free 5* Vice, who is decent apparently.